2008.08.01 Cindy Anthony's Interview Audio #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ITA with Leila, It's only recently that Cindy has been quiet. I can't help but think it's because the tape of her interview was released which clearly shows her trying to manipulate unsuccessfully. (or she is finally listening to her criminal defense atty).

Cindy's desperation to save her daughter is obvious and I don't blame her for loving her child, but she paid a very high price.

I watched the CA interviews and noticed that her stories where different than they were before and after the interview. I also wondered how CA could accuse Amy of having anything to do with Caylee's disappearance. Amy was herself a victim of KC's lies and stealing, and was the only one to help CA locate KC so she could check on Caylee. Jesse was a father-figure to Caylee when he didn't have to be. Why would CA be so willing to make excuses for KC's lies, yet try to incriminate people who had no motive to harm Caylee as KC did? I also wondered why CA wouldn't give LE her credit card statements if she was truly willing to do anything she could to help? And I will side with those who've said that they've never seen someone being interrogated get up and move beside the interrogator as if they were on an equal plain. That was a very controlling move, and they only let CA get so far because she is supposed to be a grieving grandmother, but she's too busy being a defensive mother. YM was in my view calling her on her actions by taking back control by positioning himself directly in front of her to remind her that he was to be the one asking the questions - not her.

I myself like her freaking stupid statement of "that's why George and I let you have free reign."

UH, NOTE TO CINDY..THEY ARE LE, THEY DON'T NEED YOUR PERMISSION TO INVESTIGATE ANYTHING.

Arrogance at its best.

"Shut Up! Just Shut Up! SHUT UP!"

Famous quote from George Anthony, and most apropriate for this interview.

I think there could actually be a silent majority (most people don't get on discussion boards) who do have tremendous empathy for her, because most people have seen the footage on TV of the crazy mobs outside her house throwing coins at the windows, banging on the door, yelling insults, etc..... they are having to endure that while already being terrified for their granddaughter.

I'm just curious, when did she twist the truth? When was SHE adversarial? She has a right to continue to hope her granddaughter is alive, and she has a right to tell who all of her daughters friends and acquaintances were who were ever around Caylee and to expect that anyone and everyone be investigated in case they know anything. That's totally routine and to be expected. Why does it make some people angry that the grandparents won't give up the search and won't just say, "OK then, whatever you say, she must be deceased if you say so. We no longer want the case solved." What family member could do that? Of course they want the case solved, they want answers. I sometimes think maybe some members of the LE or the public want all the answers from them. But I don't think they have the answers, and KC may not either for all we know.

OK, I am a dummy and don't know how to SNIP the part I want to quote, but Seagull, I do agree with your point about the loonies outside yelling threats, throwing things at the house, and banging on the door, like I saw some crazy woman do. I do think that people have the right to protest, but some of these folks have stepped way over the line, from protesting to harrassing. They only make themselves look bad, and take more of LE's precious time and resources when things get out of hand.

OK, I am a dummy and don't know how to SNIP the part I want to quote, ***SNIP***.

you have to snip manually after you quote the post, you delete the portion that is not relevant by deleting.

How about Cindy telling the interviewing officer, "Sorry, I didn't mean to INTIMIDATE you!" (By standing over him) and when YM told her Casey had never been to Tampa or Jacksonville, she begins to refute him by talking about a trip four years ago. Surely, she has lost sight of her objective. She needs to seat herself and ask herself that very question. "What am I trying to accomplish?"

you have to snip manually after you quote the post, you delete the portion that is not relevant by deleting.

Thank you for that bit of info! I swear, WS people are a wealth of knowledge!:)

A couple of people posted earlier that towards the end of the interview, YM was holding CA's arms and getting right up in her space, like he was overpowering her in some way. My thoughts, after watching that part over and over, was that YM had patiently listened to CA essentially regurgitate KC's stories with all sorts of minutia that was appropo of nothing. Then he wanted to talk to her about some issues that he felt that were making his job of looking for her granddaughter more difficult Such as telling the media an exaggerated amount of time that it took for LE to pick up the car, saying that they knew who had Caylee, etc. He further reminded her about the need for the credit card statement, already requested, not receipts.
What I saw was CA trying to talk over him, negate everything he said, argue with him about the receipts, ad infinitum. I think he showed tremendous restraint, and was trying to get her to listen to what he was trying to tell her. I saw her grab on to him, and he responded, holding her hand, and speaking calmly to her, trying to reel her back in.

I don't think that the grandmother needs to admit that Caylee is deceased or that KC could be involved, etc. Is that necessary and would it help the case in any way? I don't think it would help the grandparent herself to believe that CMA is deceased, no parent or grandparent would ever believe that surely until a body is found. And if that happens, well closure isn't any comfort at all, nor would believing the worst at this stage be any comfort. Who would think about the possibility that she could be deceased, you wouldn't dwell on that thought, you would only care about your grandchild being alive. As long as there is any hope, even the slimmest hope, that the child could be alive and could be found, I would expect all family members to definitely keep that hope foremost in their minds. In the absence of a body, absolutely, what family member would not still keep hope? I'm still hoping and I am just a member of the public. Hoping and praying doesn't hurt a thing. When they've provided all the information they know of, what else can they do but continue to hope until all the facts are found and the case solved?

I agree. Hoping and praying doesn't hurt.

I think this interview may have been Cindy's first realization of what absolute idiots she and George were being perceived as by others.

Your daughter hasn't had a job for two years now but you thought she was working? Ummm ... did you ever see a paycheck? Did she ever need to go to the bank?

What's that you say? She was running up your credit cards? Was that for two years? What did you ever do about that?

She was stealing money from family members and you KNEW that? And did you realize there was an escalatiing problem with your daughter's behaviors?

I think Cindy also is bonkers. Not in the same way as Casey. But she is bonkers. And it is not a new situation.

We've all known a Cindy - demanding. controlling, dominating the entire family.

I would guess that Cindy is smart enough to realize at this point that she herself contributed to Casey's mental illness. (Yes, I do believe Casey is mentally ill - I believe she is a sociopath. Or is that a personality disorder?)

Cindy is just not wanting to admit her own culpability in contributing to Casey's pathology. And who would?

My own opinion.

How about Cindy telling the interviewing officer, "Sorry, I didn't mean to INTIMIDATE you!" (By standing over him) and when YM told her Casey had never been to Tampa or Jacksonville, she begins to refute him by talking about a trip four years ago. Surely, she has lost sight of her objective. She needs to seat herself and ask herself that very question. "What am I trying to accomplish?"

Cindy seems to be doing everything she can to obscure and obstruct the goal of finding Caylee. Like you mentioned, she tries to refute the truth by bringing irrelevant facts into the discussion. When YM said Casey had never been to Tampa, Cindy refutes that with a trip that happened four years ago before Caylee was even born. This is not helping!

The point of the discussion at that point was that the story Casey had told Cindy about that trip to Tampa, Zanny's accident, staying at the hospital with her, Caylee in a hotel with Juliet and Annabell, was one whopper of a lie. Nothing that Casey told Cindy, and Cindy repeated, was the truth. That didn't go over Cindy's head, she just doesn't want to acknowledge the truth. When YM told Cindy that all those people that Casey told her about didn't exist, Cindy meekly said "they don't?" She said it quietly and you could barely hear her.

Cindy can't face the truth, because that truth is pretty ugly!

LE asked Cindy to go into detail about the supposed Zanny car wreck. She also made it very clear that she didn't believe it. Sheesh. If she's done so much wrong, pick on her for something real.

It still amazes me that Cindy speaks about how Casey was usually off on Sundays.

Casey was an "event planner" in the parallel universe. Casey talks of getting out of weddings...

Aren't the events which get planned by event planners, usually held on weekends?

Surely one of the Anthony's had some kind of a twinge of 2 plus 2 equals 5 about the scheduled days off.

It still amazes me that Cindy speaks about how Casey was usually off on Sundays.

Casey was an "event planner" in the parallel universe. Casey talks of getting out of weddings...

Aren't the events which get planned by event planners, usually held on weekends?

Surely one of the Anthony's had some kind of a twinge of 2 plus 2 equals 5 about the scheduled days off.

George told LE in his interview that he did not believe Casey had been working for 2 years,I wonder if he told Cindy that?

George told LE in his interview that he did not believe Casey had been working for 2 years,I wonder if he told Cindy that?

The money issues seemed to impress George. Things not adding up. "Bizarre"

Not to be sexist, but women are famous for being naturally inclined to notice minute detail. How minute it is that people don't marry on Sunday's anymore...dunno...but I think Cindy had picked up on it and blew it off so as to remain on her observation deck of Casey's fantasy land.
Problem now is, with Caylee missing, Cindy has fallen off the tower and in.

jmo

I do know that weddings are not held on Sundays usually....

Perhaps I am not remembering this correctly but I recall in Amy's interview she said that Cindy asked her if she knew where Casey works and after Amy answered Cindy's question Cindy told her "I'm not sure that Casey even has a job!"

I don't think that the grandmother needs to admit that Caylee is deceased or that KC could be involved, etc. Is that necessary and would it help the case in any way? I don't think it would help the grandparent herself to believe that CMA is deceased, no parent or grandparent would ever believe that surely until a body is found. And if that happens, well closure isn't any comfort at all, nor would believing the worst at this stage be any comfort. Who would think about the possibility that she could be deceased, you wouldn't dwell on that thought, you would only care about your grandchild being alive. As long as there is any hope, even the slimmest hope, that the child could be alive and could be found, I would expect all family members to definitely keep that hope foremost in their minds. In the absence of a body, absolutely, what family member would not still keep hope? I'm still hoping and I am just a member of the public. Hoping and praying doesn't hurt a thing. When they've provided all the information they know of, what else can they do but continue to hope until all the facts are found and the case solved?

Except they had burial added into their Caylee Trust account. Selective choices by the A's, to which they had to sign off on. Disgusting. They know Caylee is not coming home. Its sad that hope will not solve this or any other case. :mad: How do we know they provided all info as needed to LE? I pray and hope that the A's get counseling to come to terms with why they place KC above Caylee. Refusal to provide TES with an item from Caylee, not leaving their home to search for Caylee, refusing lie detector tests and with holding credit card statements. How does any of this help in getting to the bottom of what happened to Caylee? It doesn't and that in itself is a problem. Yes, it's sad.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marjulius
Back