2008.08.01 Cindy Anthony's Interview Audio #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
could you elaborate chilly just want to know what you got out of it. thanks

My comment wasn't so much about what I got out of the interview, but about the way different things were presented here as opposed to what actually happened. For instance, it's very obvious that CA doesn't believe the nanny stories that Casey was telling her, yet the impression I got from posters here was that Cindy was relating the story as if it was fact.

So much of what Cindy said was, imo, twisted here to be negative. Cindy was very honest during the interview. Did she develop an attitude towards the end? Definitely. She got very defensive and apparently felt like she was being attacked - which she was, actually. That's not to say she was in the right at all, but sheesh, people need to give this poor woman a break. She's frustrated, she's scared, her whole life has been turned upside down and will never be the same.

Wow, I just finally was able to watch the video of Cindy's LE interview. What I expected after reading this thead was totally different than what I saw. :eek:

Watch out for Cindy lying to the media about law enforcement -- if you blink several times over the course of couple minutes, you'll miss it!

My comment wasn't so much about what I got out of the interview, but about the way different things were presented here as opposed to what actually happened. For instance, it's very obvious that CA doesn't believe the nanny stories that Casey was telling her, yet the impression I got from posters here was that Cindy was relating the story as if it was fact.

So much of what Cindy said was, imo, twisted here to be negative. Cindy was very honest during the interview. Did she develop an attitude towards the end? Definitely. She got very defensive and apparently felt like she was being attacked - which she was, actually. That's not to say she was in the right at all, but sheesh, people need to give this poor woman a break. She's frustrated, she's scared, her whole life has been turned upside down and will never be the same.

Thanks for the feed back,I agree with you to an extent. Cindy was honest to some degree, she did not remember the incident with Casey taking Cindy's truck like George did and that bothered me some what.

I would feel a lot more sympathy for Cindy if she stopped twisting the truth and blaming LE or JG for her troubles. She's not winning friends by being adversarial and contrary, and that's why it's hard for most folks to feel empathy for her at this time.

I would feel a lot more sympathy for Cindy if she stopped twisting the truth and blaming LE or JG for her troubles. She's not winning friends by being adversarial and contrary, and that's why it's hard for most folks to feel empathy for her at this time.

Guess we're just different types of people. I can feel sympathy and empathy for anyone who has lost a grandchild and stands to lose their daughter too, even if I don't care for the person or the way they behave under pressure.

Guess we're just different types of people. I can feel sympathy and empathy for anyone who has lost a grandchild and stands to lose their daughter too, even if I don't care for the person or the way they behave under pressure.

Repeated post from above
Originally Posted by Tate

So unless KC will admit to Cindi what she has done, Cindi may spend the rest of her life looking for an alive Caylee, regardless of what LE and the labs present as evidence.

I've thought this too. Even is Caylee's remains are found I do not believe Cindy will be convinced because she can't "see" Caylee to identify her. It'll just be DNA and I think she'll dismiss it. :(

Shadow, I think you hit the nail on the head with how your described Ciindy.

He said 2 days.

Has anyone here correlated the date of this video interview with her statements/videos to media on/after this date and if she changed the gist of her statements after this interview?
I'm trying to sort out when she started & stopped the "cops suck" train.

Wondering if there's any specific video, etc. on Cindy after this date to show that Melich got through to her.

..........Wondering if there's any specific video, etc. on Cindy after this date to show that Melich got through to her ????
I doubt it.
Her resistance is just so strong. If she had to see 'remains' including clothing, etc. she would come up with some story about how that happened.
IMO Cindy will NEVER accept that her Caylee is dead. She will be watching for her to come home the rest of her life.

I've thought this too. Even is Caylee's remains are found I do not believe Cindy will be convinced because she can't "see" Caylee to identify her. It'll just be DNA and I think she'll dismiss it. :(

Shadow, I think you hit the nail on the head with how your described Ciindy.
IMO So, I she is so adamant about "seeing" Caylee - then I saw let her - take her right in there and pull out that drawer and........................sorry, but you all get the picture and I just can't bring myself to type it. The point is - let her see her iffen she gets a knot in her knickers.

..........Wondering if there's any specific video, etc. on Cindy after this date to show that Melich got through to her ????
I doubt it.
Her resistance is just so strong. If she had to see 'remains' including clothing, etc. she would come up with some story about how that happened.
IMO Cindy will NEVER accept that her Caylee is dead. She will be watching for her to come home the rest of her life.

Right... JG did it or LE planted the evidence. Sigh...

I'm sorry - I didn't clarify - I honestly think they will find her. TM is going to make sure of that - and that man is a saint!

I'm sorry - I didn't clarify - I honestly think they will find her. TM is going to make sure of that - and that man is a saint!

Yes, Tim is awesome! And I so hope you're right that they find her. Sigh...

I can't seem to come up with an answer to a question that has bothered me for awhile.
Since the case began in fact. WHY was Cindy and George pushing so hard for Casey to be responsible for Caylee. They knew from the beginning of her not pregnant at seven months, she didn't want a baby, didn't want to grow-up and didn't want to be a mother. They insisted, as far as I can tell. WHY?
If they wanted to raise and support Caylee, do so, and, leave Casey alone. Let her find her own way in life as most of us have. How do you force someone that doesn't want to, be a good mother.
They knew what they had in Casey, she wasn't going to change because she became a mother or 22, she only got worse. As far as I can see.
What was their point?
IMO

I can't seem to come up with an answer to a question that has bothered me for awhile.
Since the case began in fact. WHY was Cindy and George pushing so hard for Casey to be responsible for Caylee. They knew from the beginning of her not pregnant at seven months, she didn't want a baby, didn't want to grow-up and didn't want to be a mother. They insisted, as far as I can tell. WHY?
If they wanted to raise and support Caylee, do so, and, leave Casey alone. Let her find her own way in life as most of us have. How do you force someone that doesn't want to, be a good mother.
They knew what they had in Casey, she wasn't going to change because she became a mother or 22, she only got worse. As far as I can see.
What was their point?
IMO

I don't know what to think about this. We've heard from at least 2 of Casey's friends that SHE did not consider adoption an option. We've also heard that Cindy volunteered to adopt Caylee and give her back to Casey when Casey was ready to be a mother.

Heres my take on Cindys interveiw...I didnt like it that she continually stood up and rambled on and on about things, all the while the detective could NOT refer to his other notes hidden under "the" calender. For a while there I thought I was watching a Cat Chow Commercial!!.......I observed her body language, she was very itchy and couldnt sit still. I was wondering at some point why didnt the detective tell her to go sit back down on the other side of the table. It was rather clear to me, that she kept them off point and off focus. She definately needed to control the situation there too.

IMO, they need to re-interveiw her and use a female detective and see the difference in body language.

IMO Cindy was just wasting time. She had an hour and was going to use that hour to not answer any real questions.

Heres my take on Cindys interveiw...I didnt like it that she continually stood up and rambled on and on about things, all the while the detective could NOT refer to his other notes hidden under "the" calender. For a while there I thought I was watching a Cat Chow Commercial!!.......I observed her body language, she was very itchy and couldnt sit still. I was wondering at some point why didnt the detective tell her to go sit back down on the other side of the table. It was rather clear to me, that she kept them off point and off focus. She definately needed to control the situation there too.

IMO, they need to re-interveiw her and use a female detective and see the difference in body language.

Wouldn't make the slightest difference. Didn't you see her face off with that lady protestor? No way. This lady wants to control everything and everyone.

Wouldn't make the slightest difference. Didn't you see her face off with that lady protestor? No way. This lady wants to control everything and everyone.

Dang it! Something told me when I wrote this someone might bring that up. But however, LE detectives are far more clever to the evil of cindys MO. They would of know what that cat was up to and told her to sit the heck down and answer the questions, maybe! LOL

Dang it! Something told me when I wrote this someone might bring that up. But however, LE detectives are far more clever to the evil of cindys MO. They would of know what that cat was up to and told her to sit the heck down and answer the questions, maybe! LOL

Since KC can't talk...maybe they see her as an opportunity to find out more information. She seems to be as bad as her daughter - consistently. Her lies could actually help them find the truth. She suffers from verbal diareah and has already slipped up giving out various key pieces of information...

Cindy Anthony appeared to me in the interviews/video to simply be a person who wants the authorities to investigate everyone who was around Casey/Caylee preceding the disappearance in case anyone can provide any bit of information. That is a reasonable expectation. I know I would want the same if one of my family members was missing. She said several times during the interview that she now knows that much of what Casey had told her during those weeks was false, but it was clear that she still had hope that the officers could get to the bottom of what had really gone on. The officers had asked Cindy to tell them every detail she could think of for a calendar/timeline, beginning back in May, anything whether it seemed related in any way to Caylee or not, for example, even her brother's birthday, which had nothing to do with anything. She sat there in that uncomfortable chair for so long putting in the effort to go painstakingly over this timeline and provide everything she could think of in case anything could be a clue or lead. I really liked the one officer who had asked Cindy to provide all the information she could and who was listening and making the notes. YM showed an interest in a few points that came up, like the part about the young man who had returned Caylee's swimsuit to Cindy. That's what happens when they get someone to just tell everything that went on in detail, a few things come up that might be of interest.

But then I was totally taken aback by YM's approach at the end of the interview when he got in Cindy's face and kept holding on to her arms. I thought she was extremely patient and tolerant with him. Why was he getting on to her like that, what did he want her to say? Did he want her to apologize to him in some way? That's what it sounded like. If he can't stand to listen to Cindy's questions and information, why be present? I was pretty shocked to see YM scold Cindy for talking to the media, and to carry on like he did about how hard the LE are working on the case, etc. I couldn't believe she would have to listen to all that when she is obviously living a total nightmare and was there purely to try to help them and comply with their request. Here she is, her granddaughter is missing and could even be dead, and the nightmare may NEVER be over for her. And she's having to placate an officer or apologize to him or listen to his gripes and how hard he is working? He's inconvenienced? He's tired of hearing Casey's lies? He's annoyed? He's exhausted?
She was doing exactly what the officer had requested, she wasn't controlling anything. She was sitting there for a very long period of time at the police station trying to do whatever she could to help them fill in the blanks. Who could do any better than she was doing in those circumstances. I can't even imagine it.
Besides, I think some of the information she mentioned and was asking about could yield clues or leads. I thought she raised some good questions. Who was the other officer who seemed a bit more interested in Cindy's questions and information? It was my impression he might be more interested in the missing person side of the case and YM might be a bit more interested in the possible homicide side of the case, the other officer might be better for liaising with the family regarding their questions about the missing person angle of the case, etc

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back