2008.08.21 Shirley P (Cindy's mom) Interview

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's obvious that SP doesn't have a mean bone in her body and her interviews are a breath of fresh air...Regardless, as "ditzy" as she might come across, I think she's as sharp as a knife and knows full well what she's doing and sayijng. She's shared what she wanted to (quite a bit actually) and has kept back just as much...

MOO

I think if the Pros uses Shirley as a witness at Casey's trial it will be to talk about the money that Casey stole from her gramma and then out of her grampa's checking account for his living expenses.

When Shirley is on the stand I hope the Pros ask her how much income her and her husband get each month total. Then I hope he asks her how much the nursing home costs each month.

I think the jury will really be sickened that Casey would steal from her grandparents who receive such a little amount of money each month.

I really enjoyed Shirley's interview. She is right...you can love your kids or grandkids but not like them very much at times. I've felt the same way!! She is quite the character!

She is right...you can love your kids or grandkids but not like them very much at times. I've felt the same way!! She is quite the character!

Heck! I feel that way about my DD right this second! :sick:

Heck! I feel that way about my DD right this second! :sick:

I've felt and said that to my DS and DH many times-just to let them know that there's a difference between loving the person but not their actions!!:rolleyes:

HMMMMMMMMM I just didn't think they would have her on the stand. Oh well, I could do it---guess she could.

She probably gets around better than I do.

I noticed she did not want any blame placed on her daughter, wouldn't even discuss George. When she first began about Casey's pregnancy I think she stuck to the "script" (not literally) and said you couldn't tell she was pregnant but she veered off after a while and admitted she could tell and that Cindy being a nurse, had to have known.

There were several times she seemed to forget her "script". But she was indeed quite honest about Casey...

See now, I really didn't get that feeling like she was avoiding placing blame on CA or following a script either...not at all.

As for George...he was actually the only one who got flying colors from her.

KC...she slammed that p1ss@nt every chance she could and the best were her wishes for KC while in jail with the other female inmates...hahaha!!!

See now, I really didn't get that feeling like she was avoiding placing blame on CA or following a script either...not at all.

ITA. Unfortunately, that's the problem with reading text; you can't really tell the sentiment behind the words.

I noticed she did not want any blame placed on her daughter, wouldn't even discuss George. When she first began about Casey's pregnancy I think she stuck to the "script" (not literally) and said you couldn't tell she was pregnant but she veered off after a while and admitted she could tell and that Cindy being a nurse, had to have known.

There were several times she seemed to forget her "script". But she was indeed quite honest about Casey...
I thought there was some scripting going on there too, but even with that, her statement was the most honest, out of this family, that we have seen so far. I can't help but to like her, and I think she "gets it". When she complained about Rick, he said the family was dysfunctional, you could pick up on some of the protectiveness that mostly every mother, Grandmother feels towards their own. She knows that her daughter has taken denial and protectiveness too far with Casey, but I do have to wonder how protective was Shirley with Cindy. This "enmeshment" problem seems to travel from generation to generation.

I loved Shirley's interview, just by reading it you can tell what a lovely person she must be. I wonder if the $45,000 was all due to Casey's stealing. I mean that is a LOT of money, I just can't imagine ANYONE letting that go. I wish we knew more about that, when she started stealing, etc...

what they said was right though, casey could have opened many cards in someone else's name. she could then take out the maximum cash advances that she could. it's not impossible, really. it's just that usually it's one stranger does it to another stranger, so it's unexpected that one family member would do it to another. how sad it all is.

Shirley stated several times that her family ( most notably her sister) communicated with her about the family via email.
I noticed that in part of the interview, LE showed Shirley how to download or open a file or access a blog.

What I am wondering is if or why they did or didn't consider it prudent or in any way helpful to obtain warrants to seize Shirley's computer equipment AND the huge stack of emails she said she had saved. She elaborated as to the quantity of email she saved several times.
I think she was throwing them all a bone in going on and on about the thick stack of email printout documents she had saved, and they perhaps failed to grasp it.

I also think SP is quite a whip. She seemed genuine, and more "with" it then it first appears. I would love to sit down with her and just have a conversation, she reminds me of my own grandmother, who is very hip and with it (but lets you believe otherwise). I love that SP communicated with her sister by email but had to print them out like letters, so she can refer back to them.

I don't think LE lied about Rick to her. I had to go back and read the interview over. Here are a few exerpts:

SB: What we want to tell you is that he really didn't do anything mean. I think Cindy's telling, Cindy's mad ...

YM: Yeah

SB: Because he said the truth.

another:

YM: But anyway, the point is he's, he's not, he's not you know writing things that bash the family. He's just trying to stick up for the family a little bit. Again, all these, I just highlighted them so I can see them when I flip through because you can even see his picture here with your, your husband. And he, he even puts that out there ....

They gave her the blogs, printed out, Ricks words were in Red, & highlighted. They agreed with her that she should be upset that everything she told her son he broadcast. I can't say that they lied to her. Seemed like they were trying to let SP know that her son didn't go out there and bash them, and he didn't lie. They were showing her in the printout of the blog where Rick was standing up for KC and saying that some of the nasty ugly things were NOT true. Now, perhaps Rick posted some other comments that were less than favorable out of frustration after his email arguments with CA. If that is the case, I do not believe LE was aware at the time of the interview with SP. I do not think their intention was to out and out lie to her. They told her their interpretation, and gave her the hardcopies to read.

I thought they treated her kind, and SP seems to make everyone around her comfortable. I also feel sorry that she has been dragged through this mess. She definitely does not deserve it.

JMHO

Whoa! Do I see a teensy bit of KC in GA? Wanting to look like a victim to get sympathy instead of being the person who actually caused the situation? Hmmm...:innocent:

Actually, I see A LOT of GA in KC. She is quite the mixture of both her parents, but GA is also known to lean on others for financial support and tell lies. CA is the ultimate enabler and it didn't take KC long to figure it all out.

Okay, she's stupid. I agree with that. But I think she's as good a criminal as any. It's strange how such people can be stupid, but also cunning. She also knew enough to prey only on those persons connected to her--persons who, IMO, she thought were her very own suckers. These were people whom she probably felt she could talk out of going to the police. Her parents... oh, brother! Her grandparents? No worries--her parents would stand between her and any trouble there! Amy...? I can't help but wonder, if Caylee's murder had never happened, would Amy have promptly brought charges, and seen a prosecution all the way through? I can't help but think that in those circumstances, Casey (with her enablers, the parents) would have somehow bought Amy off, and once again she'd have escaped prosecution.

What a typical career she'd have had, as a petty thief, if she hadn't overextended herself with that murder (my opinion only). Of course, in her mind, the crime of murder probably isn't that much different. "When this is over, I have so much to tell you." Heh.

I don't think she's stupid. I can see her having a dialog with herself every step of the way. There is a word I want to use, it's right on the tip of my tongue, but I can't think of it right now. I can see her visualizing the outcome of her actions, like signing her name on Amy's check. See, she could say, I wasn't stealing, I was borrowing. If I was stealing, I would have signed Amy's name.

(I have seen this behavior in my son since he was very young. His grandfather used to say he was the only kid he knew who could think of the reason he was going to tell you he did something wrong before he did it. That is, if he knew he was going to have to admit that he did it. He's been the "I didn't do it" kid since he was about four, and he's now 34 and he still uses these very words. He is mentally ill, though, with schizophrenia but he did this long before the illness set in. And yes, his grandfather was right. The reason or the story usually was worked out in his head before the deed was even done.)

Oh, rationalize. That's the word. Yes, I think she rationalizes her behavior to herself every step of the way. Rationalizing overcomes the guilty feelings or the worry (if no guilt is involved) that inhibits people from wrongdoing. So promiscuity becomes "dating," stealing becomes "borrowing," lying becomes "teasing" or "the absolute truth," and murder becomes a "a ghostly abduction."

It's my belief and/or opinion that some people who have no empathy for others still know they are supposed to, or still have a smidge of it, so they rationalize. Plus, they need to store up these rationalizations to hand out as they are asked to account for their actions.

I thought there was some scripting going on there too, but even with that, her statement was the most honest, out of this family, that we have seen so far. I can't help but to like her, and I think she "gets it". When she complained about Rick, he said the family was dysfunctional, you could pick up on some of the protectiveness that mostly every mother, Grandmother feels towards their own. She knows that her daughter has taken denial and protectiveness too far with Casey, but I do have to wonder how protective was Shirley with Cindy. This "enmeshment" problem seems to travel from generation to generation.

Bold is mine.

It usually does.

This woman is a riot. She told KC "I love you but I don't like you". I also like the "I have a cat?" comment.
I agree she is a likable person. BUT this is about your great grand daughter who is misssing. Could be dead-dont hear much concern -no crying-no begging the police to find her-she talkks about everything-CAYLEE and where she is does not seem to be that much of a concern for her.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LouTanner
Back