2008.10.14 Tony L Interview w/LE

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
sitting on the edge of AL's bed and "crying' while watching the grandfather visit video hit home with me. She was crying because she knew what she did to beautiful Caylee.

MOO

Melanie

i think he says this happened before the last time he saw the baby.
or maybe that was when she cried over his moving joke.

its sort of hard to understand, uh, like, umm, him. ;)

Tony is talking about the last video of Caylee with Grandpa from June 15th. He's actually speaking of several different events during this interview, so don't get confused (easy to do). He mentions the day he was talking about moving to NY. He mentions the day they took the gas cans from the A house and filled her car. He also mentions a third day when KC was "crying" while watching the video. Then there was the second running out of gas incident on June 27th.

Read carefully and you'll see. It's kind of like you need to add your own paragraph breaks. Lots of different events being spoken of in this one interview.

Hey, Bond, thanks for the pings map of the car location.

Thank You that is the way I was thinking and I must have read that through 5 times making sure I was reading right and not reading more into than their was.

When I was reading through a question pops in my mind, Did KC know that TL was watching her during the fake crying over the Father's Day video????? If so (maybe far fetched but......) she knew eventually she would be caught and TL would be able to say "you know I saw KC crying her eyes out after June 16th while watching Caylee in a video ect. I think this had to be an accident she was just so upset...... you know she didn't know that I woke up and saw her blah blah blah" :waitasec: What you guy's think maybe give her an unsolicited so to say response from TL. Backfired like usual but good try KC.

although they were saying on the Grand Jury day when she was standing next to Baez she didn't have any tears flowing, and on my TV that was the day I did see a steady stream of real tears. Her crying looked real on that day, she was wiping them away continually but they never stopped.

I agree. Anyway, what is the difference between real tears and fake tears? How can one tell just by looking? You can't fake tears.. they either flow or they don't.

I agree. Anyway, what is the difference between real tears and fake tears? How can one tell just by looking? You can't fake tears.. they either flow or they don't.

But you can sure poke at your eyes like TonE described she was doing in order to make it look like you're wiping away something that is not, in fact, there. We've seen her do that with our own eyes.

This interview was ALL over the place. I need to go through it line by line and make my own paragraphs on each thing they spoke about!

Sheesh, more work! LOL

We need the audio!

:crazy:

I don't know if this will help you read it easier, but I find that when reading transcripts, I don't read it line by line, but rather read it by the speaker. I hope this makes sense. For instance, when AL is speaking I read the AL lines continuously to get the complete thought, then go back and do the same with the other speakers. I then go back to the beginning and read line by line but with the idea of a conversation going and speakers are sort of overlapping each other. It helps me make much more sense of what's actually being said. Hope that helps.

I still can't figure out why she called Tony to drive across town to pick her up from running out of gas when she was so close to home. Why not just walk home, get the gas cans, and walk back herself to fill up the car? Lord knows she's lazy, but still -- Why take the risk of Tony smelling the trunk when it wasn't necessary? She sure didn't want George anywhere near the trunk. Maybe she needed Tony to break the lock on the shed, who knows.

Gingerdog, I think this outta gas scene decision-making gives us huge insight into what was actually going on. Most importantly IMHO the decision to call Tony for help tells us the body was already out of the trunk.

Detailed in the ping threads http://websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=233 are the other days prior to 6/23 that Casey pinged near home, her length of stay and the ADD forensics from the trunk. that point to either
1) a 6/19 later PM (~5:54-9:02PM, but, after visiting Chris S., so prolly ~8PM) disposal, or,
2) a 6/20 early PM (1:51-2:18PM) disposal

I posted more details here about the length of the walk home & back, the nearest gas station, etc.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showpos...0&postcount=26

I'm going to update the map to show where Tony picked up Casey walking which will tell us almost exactly how long she'd been walking (my original conservative est. was 5mi roundtrip car<=>G&C's which would have taken ~1.5hr) . To answer your original question...its actually a considerable walk for Casey considering that she would hafta be carrying the gasoline on the way back which weighs ~6lbs/gallon.

i think she was looking at her fingers after wiping the tears to check for mascara smudges.

OK....updated the maps, distances, etc. Will post the detailed analysis of the pings, etc. later, but, the following post includes links to....

1) Link to Google Map marked w/ all key points (scroll in to distinguish details)
2) Screenshot of the Google Map for convenience
3) Screenshot of the street-level view marked w/ the orientation of the cars (complete with a car that looked like Casey's heading down the street :eek: :rolleyes:

http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3420624&postcount=28

Does anyone else find it odd that TL noticed no smell coming from the trunk? Wouldn't it have smelled by then?

yeah, the 23rd and 27th are prime dates, TL reported no smell from car on those dates. (The guy who towed the car on the 30th also reported no smell. Though he said he had a cold.) TL also said she was resting food on the trunk of the car when he arrived to get her on the 27th at Amscot, standing next to car and in the shade of the dumpster, not standing away from the car, etc. :)

On my scribbled timeline notes, I have KC texting her friend the day after TonE helped her with the gas cans and he didn't smell any strange smell. The text said "It was definitely an animal". Actually I don't have the direct transcript.

I'm sure fact has already been posted.. but here I am trying to catch up after a loooong day at work.

True! I should have said "visible tears" rather than "real tears". All I know is that on my TV the steady flow of tears was very visible, and that on that day, she did not do a theatrical "boo hoo" kind of face whatsoever, she was struggling to remain composed, but her nose was red, her lips were trembling, and tears were flowing. Of course the people who believe KC is definitely the murderer like to claim she was only crying crocodile tears or that she poked her eyes to make the tears flow. I definitely never saw any eye poking, ha ha, and certainly can't judge if the tears were out of worry over Caylee or only for herself, or a combination of both which would certainly be normal, I don't claim to be able to look into KC's mind and know the reason for the tears like some people do! :)

On my scribbled timeline notes, I have KC texting her friend the day after TonE helped her with the gas cans and he didn't smell any strange smell. The text said "It was definitely an animal". Actually I don't have the direct transcript.

I'm sure fact has already been posted.. but here I am trying to catch up after a loooong day at work.

yes, in KC's texts to AH, she did mention a smell, speculated whether maybe her father had run over something when he used the car, later said she got rid of the smell that it was definitely from an animal, etc. TL reports there was no smell, tow guy reported no smell at time of tow.

yes, in KC's texts to AH, she did mention a smell, speculated whether maybe her father had run over something when he used the car, later said she got rid of the smell that it was definitely from an animal, etc. TL reports there was no smell, tow guy reported no smell at time of tow.

Oh you know what, I think I got my gas can incidents mixed up. What was the date of the gas can incident which AL is talking about in the latest doc dump? Is it June 20th? There's a good chance the car didn't have a smell at that time. And it was not the next day that she texted AH "definitely an animal". That was a full week later.

I still can't figure out why she called Tony to drive across town to pick her up from running out of gas when she was so close to home. Why not just walk home, get the gas cans, and walk back herself to fill up the car? Lord knows she's lazy, but still -- Why take the risk of Tony smelling the trunk when it wasn't necessary? She sure didn't want George anywhere near the trunk. Maybe she needed Tony to break the lock on the shed, who knows.

right, if you had murdered someone, why would you keep their body in your trunk for any time at all running the risk of it being detected, and if the car reeked from the decomposition, why would you allow the car to run out of gas twice during the time frame and call someone to come help you wiht it, like you say. Why would you let someone help you push your car if it was reeking of decomp, etc? It is curious.
And since most theories point to the body having been in the trunk for at least a couple days, occurring anytime from the 16th onward, why did TL say there was no smell on the 23rd and 27th, the tow guy says he had a cold but also didn't notice any smell on the 30th, but then later at the tow lot when GA and CA pick up the car the smell is overpowering according to all reports. So how could the car have been smell-free on both the 23rd and 27th?

But you can sure poke at your eyes like TonE described she was doing in order to make it look like you're wiping away something that is not, in fact, there. We've seen her do that with our own eyes.

you're certainly entitled to your opinion, personally I never saw any eye poking or nose hair pulling! I don't personally find TL to be very credible but everyone is entitled to their opinion. When I read witness statements I never assume that what they said is necessarily accurate, complete, or true, we obviously have no way of knowing who's telling the truth and who's not or what their reasons are. Could be 100% true, could have their own reasons for saying it, no way of telling. MOO

Freaky that the car ran out of gas where the streets "Cascade (Casey), Anthony Lane, and Killian (killer)" intersect.

I know, I know... quit reading into this so much!!! (sorry!)

I, too, find it weird that he didn't smell the decomp that day. Maybe the gas fumes covered it some.... maybe she had recently did major cleaning overhaul and the smell hadn't taken over again..... yet.

George said he didn't smell anything June 24th.

So maybe you are right and the smell hadn't had time to fully develop.

you're certainly entitled to your opinion, personally I never saw any eye poking or nose hair pulling! I don't personally find TL to be very credible but everyone is entitled to their opinion. When I read witness statements I never assume that what they said is necessarily accurate, complete, or true, we obviously have no way of knowing who's telling the truth and who's not or what their reasons are. Could be 100% true, could have their own reasons for saying it, no way of telling. MOO

Yanno, it isn't an opinion. Standing next to Jose the day of the indictment, Casey spent most of her time with her ring finger wiping under her eyes and then looking at the product on the finger. There was never any visible tear. So I guess, when I offer my opinion, I make sure I state it as that. I saw it clearly and stated that I'd seen it, as have many others. It is well documented on WS as observations. Those observations then are not opinions but what we say we saw. TonE was asked if it "was like that finger poking thing" and he responded yes. I read that. I don't take him at his word. I simply know what they meant when they asked him and he said it was just like that. Again, not my opinion, but what TonE said. The veracity of his statement wasn't ever in question. It was taken as what he said. Not whether what he said was the truth.

Just speculation but maybe the smell/decomp was contained inside the bag and the bag ruptured after the 27th. That was when she knew she had to ditch her precious cargo. MOO

He didn't say they teased her about Caylee, he said they teased her and she would cry (probably about his moving to NY). Then, in his rambling way, he compared those crying jags to her casualness when they asked where Caylee was all those times. He was saying she had no emotion when she spoke of Caylee "with the nanny", "with my mother". The point he was trying to drive home was that KC was very upset when he said he would leave the state, but had no signs of worry or anything when speaking of the daughter he now knew had been "missing" all that time.

I agree, it's a very difficult interview to follow because of all the uh, um, huh, hmmm stuff plus the telephone conversations and the driving instructions. :crazy:

I agree that's what he was trying to say, but it was what he actually did say that I found interesting (his own words, p 3881 - p 36 of 56 - in the newly released Oct interview (line 8 on that page):

"...we would bring up like you know like, "Where's Caylee been?" Like teasing her about that. And she would have an answer for that right away...."

He said they teased her about that. Probably an accidental slip of words.

(Yes, he did also say that he and his friend had teased her to the point of tears about him maybe not coming back from N.Y.)

It seems that the smell was noticeable when the car was opened, or if you were inside the car (kc texts about the smell). The 1st time TL went to help KC may have been too soon, when the trunk was opened & quickly closed to put the gas cans in. The next time TL picked up KC he did not even get out of his car, and the tow driver did not have access to the inside of the car. GA stated that KC opened the trunk to give him back the gas cans, but he was not close enough to get a look, so maybe not close enough to notice the odor. I think this was the close call that made her dispose of the body, then when the car was abandoned and locked up in the heat (without being opened & having a chance to somewhat air out) for all those days, would have made the smell so much more repugnant. Or perhaps when she went to move the body, additional fluid seeped out and thats when it really began to smell.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anonymousangel444
Back