2008.10.15 George Anthony Speaks UPDATED 2008.10.16 Video Added

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well 5 people have said that yes, it's possible to have white hair and black eyebrows so I stand corrected.
Thanks- it's easy to get carried away in this case where everyone wears a mask and hides the truth.
It's very frustrating.

And i'm so glad I found this site because of Caylee.
I'm really into true crime and never knew this existed.

fixingtoburst has a very good point in that if he faces the truth life wouldn't be worth living.
How many family members of really notorious murderers commit suicide or become recluses after going through such shame?

George Anthony speaks the morning of Casey's appearance
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...=18&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1
Casey Anthony's father, George, says he has full confidence in attorney Jose Baez and Casey Anthony won't be defending herself. George spoke outside his home just hours before his daughter's scheduled first appearance.

He said he won't give up hope that Caylee Marie is still alive. He says even though Casey has been charged with murder, it doesn't mean those charges are true.

"This three year old little girl was never harmed by my daughter. My daughter would not do that to her, in my heart she's a good mother. This has taken a toll on my family. It's very emotional, you guys would do the same thing if it happened to you or your family."

George says they have been crying and broken up about the situation. He last talked to Casey before going before a Grand Jury. He said he told her he loved her and believed her. He doesn't think his statements to the Grand Jury made a difference.

"This three year old little girl was never harmed by my daughter"????!!!

That is the Anthonys' outlook these days in a nutshell.

Day before yesterday...most everyone was frustrated with George because he, like Cindy was hindering this investigation. Then he HAS to go to the gj and answer questions. Now I am seeing so much sympathy for him, I guess I don't unserstand. He is still George. The same guy that has not been shooting straight with le from the start, and after watching that...guess what...he's still not. I guess I'm a hard arse....but just because we are seeing a softer side of George - one his high dollar pr guy said he probably needed to show- I don't think anything has changed. jmo

Agree with this. Just watched the clip and my sympathy is gone. We don't know what he said to the GJ yesterday and if it was even pertinent to the indictment. He is the same old GA that I perceived as hindering rather than helping come to a truthful resolution. I call this "crazy making." Yesterday I posted regret for doubting GA but I think I just drank a little of the Kool-Aid. I am back to believing what I have previously. Doesn't mean I don't feel sorry for his pain. I do, but finding Caylee is foremost in my mind. And there is absolutely no evidence of a live Caylee at this point. Wish it wasn't so, but there it is. IMO.

I'm sorry you guys but I have a question. Has anyone ever heard of a case where someone was charged with murder and the victim turned up alive?

Day before yesterday...most everyone was frustrated with George because he, like Cindy was hindering this investigation. Then he HAS to go to the gj and answer questions. Now I am seeing so much sympathy for him, I guess I don't unserstand. He is still George. The same guy that has not been shooting straight with le from the start, and after watching that...guess what...he's still not. I guess I'm a hard arse....but just because we are seeing a softer side of George - one his high dollar pr guy said he probably needed to show- I don't think anything has changed. jmo
Well said!
Maybe I'm too cynical, but watching the interview, all I saw was a 13 minute spiel asking for continued monetary donations. Nothing more.

ummm he honestly believes his grand daughter is alive? Okay then. I thought this was the one family member that would be the hero in this and put an end to all this bull crap of continuing the charade of searching for this child - alive. She's not, she's gone. And while it may be that not all the evidence in the trial will be proven, most of it will be. Good Lord, I thought this guy changed. Sorry, not impressed with what I heard. He is in CA & KC's camp! :rolleyes:

Agree with this. Just watched the clip and my sympathy is gone. We don't know what he said to the GJ yesterday and if it was even pertinent to the indictment. He is the same old GA that I perceived as hindering rather than helping come to a truthful resolution. I call this "crazy making." Yesterday I posted regret for doubting GA but I think I just drank a little of the Kool-Aid. I am back to believing what I have previously. Doesn't mean I don't feel sorry for his pain. I do, but finding Caylee is foremost in my mind. And there is absolutely no evidence of a live Caylee at this point. Wish it wasn't so, but there it is. IMO.

You folks are probably right. I got a soft spot for fathers as I am one too. Sometimes we forget his temper, his rants, and his raves. He seems a bit more reasonable than Cindy and I have only contempt for her. I can't stand that woman. Casey is what she is. I have my unpopular theories, but I think the path she was on led her to the sociopath she is. Caylee is truly the only one I feel sorry for. She didn't stand a chance in the house between two undeniable sociopaths imo. Lee? Where is Lee? What's he up to? Why is he hiding? Why did he refuse the DNA test? Where is Mallory?

It is my opinion, that George, like any other family member missing a loved one, will not accept that Caylee is dead until he knows they have a body. Faulting him for that is ridiculous. Nevermind asking the man to accept his baby granddaughter is dead when he doesn't have a body, but asking him to accept that his own daughter killed her, is not something that ANYONE would be willing to accept without 100% proof. Ie: a body and a confession. These are his two baby girls, in his eyes, and I think the judgement of him is rather harsh. In every missing case, the families fight for hope, and pray for miracles - please don't bash George for doing the same.

I don't think we all want to bash GA, it's just been such an emotional roller coaster following this story and family. While I feel sympathy and compassion for them, I'm infuriated when they bash LE and TES, and anyone else that has any negative thoughts or proof against KC. Delaying the inevitable is not going to help anyone. I don't think any state would come down with murder 1 charges unless they had undeniable proof. Of all people GA knows this. Maybe his denial is a defense mechinism to deal with CA, he does have to live with her. I feel all of our emotions are valid, everything from sorrow, compassion, and severe frustration!

The best thing to do for George and Cindy Anthony is to stop giving them a media outlet. Pull the plugs and pack up the trucks. Leave them to their yardwork and investigations. Allow them the privacy they say has been taken away from them.

Give them silence. I guarantee you, they will seek us out. They will seek out that attention again. Cindy won't be able to help herself. Addictions 101: Cut off a junkie cold turkey, and they will do whatever they have to in order to score again.

You folks are probably right. I got a soft spot for fathers as I am one too. Sometimes we forget his temper, his rants, and his raves. He seems a bit more reasonable than Cindy and I have only contempt for her. I can't stand that woman. Casey is what she is. I have my unpopular theories, but I think the path she was on led her to the sociopath she is. Caylee is truly the only one I feel sorry for. She didn't stand a chance in the house between two undeniable sociopaths imo. Lee? Where is Lee? What's he up to? Why is he hiding? Why did he refuse the DNA test? Where is Mallory?

You know Broderick, I thought of my own dad yesterday as I watched GA struggle with his testimony. And I believe that is what influenced my softening toward GA. But that is where the similarity between GA and my dad ends: they are simply both fathers.

people never change..

wellllllll. let me change that to 99.9888888888 of people never change

you get what you get and you are who you are

"This three year old little girl was never harmed by my daughter"????!!!

That is the Anthonys' outlook these days in a nutshell.
Caylee never turned three years old. :( Someone asked a long time ago why it was not changed on our heading of the forum here after her birthday. This is why. She will always and forever be two years old.

I watched this interview by George this morning. I feel for this man. He has two fronts, his heart and his head bound by love for his family. He isn't in control and that is clear. He is obviously torn between the outward support for his family, his belief and hope that by some miracle that his granddaughter will come home and with what he knows in his head. He feels for others that are struggling with missing loved ones. He seems grateful for the media and the exposure to his plight. He is riding a roller coaster he says, a roller coaster of emotions, the roller coaster of his life. He is angry, but I think it is more in tuning to Cindy's channel of thought, about the families in the neighborhood that are glad this is over. He fails, however, to recognize how disrupted their lives have become over this affair which, to quote Sheriff Beary, has a conclusion that is "painfully obvious" and they ought not be the object of that anger.

He even waivers back and forth between reality a bit vs. hopes in miracles written down for him. Quite sad to watch. I think he is genuine, but conflicted

Very well said. I agree 100%

Watching that video made me think of 2 things:

1) He's buttering up the media by telling them how great they've been keeping this "missing child" story going because he knows that after today the media is going to back off unless there is breaking news in the case.
If the media goes away, there goes the attention they want so badly.

2) Does a man with pure white hair have pure black eyebrows?
Yes, I know that's an odd thing to think about while watching this but i'm struck by how much primping this family does while Caylee is out there somewhere more than likely dead.

I know people who have lost a child to illness and trust me they rarely wear make-up anymore, fix their hair, put on lots of jewelry or DYE their eyebrows so they look good.
They are dragging themselves around just trying to get through the day; going through the motions.

Yesterday Casey kept messing with her hair. Why didn't she just tuck it behind her ear?
Because she wanted to keep her "style" looking good.

I have never seen people who are suffering focus so much attention on how they look.
It sickens me.

Oh, I just had to say that my great grandmother and my grandmother both had pure white hair (for some reason their black hair turned pure white sometime in their fifties) and black eyebrows all the way into their 80's when they passed away.

Caylee never turned three years old. :( Someone asked a long time ago why it was not changed on our heading of the forum here after her birthday. This is why. She will always and forever be two years old.

SS, you are correct. Letting that sink in just breaks my heart.

You see how long it took CA and GA to be in front of the cameras again. Less than 24 hours after their only daughter was indicted for murder one in the death of their only granddaughter. I think that KC is not the only member of the A family that is a sociopath. I guess we will be hearing from Lee later today. Disgusting and revolting!!!

I have to say if this behaviour by the A's is PR driven, they need some new advice, IMO. It isn't about bashing them. It isn't about a lack of compassion for them. Believe me, I have tried! Their behaviour is infuriating. Done!

I thought GA was there to tell the truth yesterday, but I guess I was wrong. I take back every nice thing I said about him! I honestly thought he was helping to put an end to the charade and to help bring Caylee home by doing the right thing by her. Sad to see this morning's interview. The hype that MN and GA put on before his testimony is BS. I should have known. I feel duped. Shame on me for EVER listening to a defense attorney's spin!! :doh:

I take back the [few] nice words and thoughts I had for him too. Every one of them. This entire family is sick. And greedy. I thought yesterday the funds would quickly dry up for the *missing Caylee* cause. But hey, there are still (unbelievably) gullible people who will send them money.

And I had a glimmer of hope that the media would cut them off for paid (video rights, whatever) interviews. Shut them down. Because who wants to pay for delusion and lies? But that's not gonna happen either. It'll be the Cindy and George media circus ad nauseum. Again.

This family is so sick.

Me too. I can see the A's are keeping their faces out there less the gullible public will forget them and stop donating. This is not about Caylee - it is about getting money. A 13 minute interview and he said nothing new, just the same old sh##. They are all disingenuous creeps and I wish the media would just ignore them.

Coke to Lexington. We had a mind-meld. :)

Awwww, George. It broke my heart watching his interview. I don't know how he can still believe all of KC's lies, but apparently he still does. I can't believe he thought that KC was crying her single tear, because she was torn up over Caylee. She is torn up, because she can't continue her partying lifestyle, but not over the disappearance of her daughter.

He has to know Caylee is no longer alive. How does he explain the decomposition in the trunk of KC's car? How does he explain KC not reporting Caylee missing or all of her stealing and lies? He can't, so he chooses to ignore those facts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back