2008.11.20 George & Cindy's Attorney, Mark NeJame, Quits

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow. Good for him.

But, I wonder if money had anything to do with it.??
Maybe they were going to cut him out of the book deal?

It seemed like he wasn't working for CA recently. Maybe CA wanted GA to get rid of him, as well? just throwing those thoughts out there.

And the A camp turns on NeJame in 3...2...

haha yeah no joke- wonder what they will say about him now! (I haven't gotten past this post on the first page so they probably have already said stuff and I'll read it soon.)

Is anyone really surprised or shocked. Thought it was telling that he made reference to the GJ testimony.

I think he was originally impressed by GA testifying at the GJ and was doing the right thing and, I think he hoped CA would follow on later.

I think MN realizes he just lost them both to delusion with recent events and maybe he is thinking it is more about donations than little precious Caylee.

He lasted WAY longer than the day and 1/2 I gave him.

Sounds like he wanted to do this before the presser tomorrow. This can only mean it's gong to be a good one filled with many "anthony mis-truths"
Ok, so the presser is tomorrow?I was thinking it was set for today.
Yes, he wanted out of it before tomorrow. I don't blame him one bit either.
Yes the presser is going to curl our toes, to say the least.:crazy:

OMG, I can't even begin to imagine what will be said! I bet Cindy's rehearsing as we post!

Wow. Good for him.

But, I wonder if money had anything to do with it.??
Maybe they were going to cut him out of the book deal?

It seemed like he wasn't working for CA recently. Maybe CA wanted GA to get rid of him, as well? just throwing those thoughts out there.

Don't think it had anything to do with money. MN is a very successful attorney. He always seemed very sincere to me about letting the A's grieve however they wanted to grieve and letting them continue to believe what they wanted to believe and letting them have hope - it wasn't a money issue.
IMO
it is impossible for every single person involved in this drama to have "dirty hands"

Personally, I think this is one of the sadder moments in this case. I really thought that if anyone stood a chance of helping the A's through this nightmare it was MN. His quiet and gentle manner seemed to be just what they needed. I was not surprised at all when it appeared that TM and MN became friends, because to me, they both seem to have gentle and good hearts.

I believe the A's need sensible support to move through this nightmare in their own way and a helping hand to assist them in refraining from "impeding" investigation.

I am sorry that the A's have lost MN as a counselor and advisor.

Salem

I agree, Salem. I didn't feel MN was doing this for money or publicity. I believe he was sincere in his attempt to lead the A's out of this "building on fire." He's trying to lead them out, trying to lead them out. Rather than follow MN out, the A's continued to fan the flames. *shaking my head*

I think he was originally impressed by GA testifying at the GJ and was doing the right thing and, I think he hoped CA would follow on later.

I think MN realizes he just lost them both to delusion with recent events and maybe he is thinking it is more about donations than little precious Caylee.
And, I think you're thoughts are right on the $ money $, cyberborg!

I'm not totally shocked by this. MN seemed to be guiding them in the right direction but the A's just seem very determined to go about things their own way, despite all the good advice they've been given (like keeping their mouths shut).

It makes me think of the saying "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it a duck"

Don't think it had anything to do with money. MN is a very successful attorney. He always seemed very sincere to me about letting the A's grieve however they wanted to grieve and letting them continue to believe what they wanted to believe and letting them have hope - it wasn't a money issue.
IMO
I agree. I don't think MN had an alternative agenda, as some may.

Ya know he mentions TM in his statement. TM has come on NG and defended his Org. as being a 501 Non Profit. I mentioned in my last post KC was ungrateful to LP for bailing her out of a he%% hole, and then the A's trash everyone in their path. I think MN sees what is happening to everyone and is bailing QUICK !!

LE mentions the A's know more than they are saying. I think they are going down too.
To come in contact with the A's in ANY WAY is DISASTROUS. GA is afraid CA will leave him if he tells her the truth. GA you have no idea how peaceful a non dysfuntional life can be. And you won't know it until you're away.

I agree the only other attorney for the A's would be Geragos and if he doesn't want any part of them, things must be pretty bad. :eek:

Hmmm...interesting indeed.

Remember during his last appearance on NG he said that he would not represent the A's if they were profiting from this case. He went on to say that they had never received any money from any videos and / or photos etc.

Then a week or so later they fire Garrison for "profiting" from the photos - which tells me Nejames started digging into this possibility after defending his stance so strongly on NG.

I bet he quit because
1. He found out they had made money off the photos - maybe not the one's in question on the Garrison emails; but remember, he said they were continuing their efforts to find anyone who was / is exploiting poor Caylee and profitting from her "disappearance". Sounds to me like he found them...the A's.
2. The book deal - since it would be profitting from Caylee's "disappearance" too.
3. GA's official spokesperson for KF
4. Cindy won't shut up
5. Most of all---there's gotta be a bombshell coming and as other's have said; this is his pre-emptive strike; because the A's are surely going to trash him, just as they have everyone else. Also, he knows how foolish he would look to continue to stand behind such pitiful characters.

Oh...one more thing - I think the statement about Casey's defense in his release is saying something...without saying something...I just can't figure out what that something is right now...

"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it a duck"

lol! txmama, that's a good one!

I came away with three items of interest from Najame's statement:
1) He's tired of giving the A's advise/direction and having it ignored

2) He believes Caylee is dead and because of the A's his hands are tied in pursuing other avenues

3) He believes KC is the only one who can bring that baby home... and she's not doing a thing to do so.

I'm reallly glad to see someone actually stand up for their beliefs instead of following the A's like mindless cattle...

:eek:

Let me pick my jaw up off the floor.

Wow! I don't think I could've seen this coming at all. I thought MN was completely on-board for this ride. I wonder what the last straw was for him?

WOW,WOW,WOW!!:eek:
IMO.The A's have just lost the best thing they had going for them in this saga.
When a prominent, high profile, very experienced, criminal defense attorney resigns it really doesn't say much for the clients does it?
Who's wondering if it's mostly because of Cindy? KFN's influence?

I feel badly for Mr NeJame

I really liked JB's bright light comment on Geraldo last week. When asked if SP ws writing to KC, Mr. Bright Light says no, there are alot of Petersons. The one that wrote was from San Diego. DUH !! Is SP using his old home address these days.
Me thinks they are a match made in Heaven. And to have the P's as in laws, wow. Family get togethers would be so awesome, they all speak the same lingo. :bang:

I'm really not surprised to hear this news. Between the purported association of the "drunken cowboy" as a NeJame operative (embarrassingly undesirable press, whether true or not) and having clients far beyond his control, I'm only surprised that it didn't happen sooner. I do wonder if NeJame knows something is coming for/from/related to the Anthonys for which he feels he just can't be on board, and that this something is the straw that broke the camel's back, or whether it was just everything in toto.

It seems anyone attached to this case comes under a dark cloud, regardless whether they're trying to do something good or working against justice. Look how many people's lives and reputations have been destroyed or badly damaged. If it's not principals in the case trying to bring others down, it's those on the periphery, getting their jollies by going after minor players. Never seen anything like it.

It's truly frightening to see how many lives have been adversely affected by the incredibly selfish, heartless acts of one insignificant-to-the-world party girl and, subsequently, by the actions of a delusional mother who thinks she has the power to control the outcome of the case. Casey destroyed Caylee; Cindy is destroying herself, the remainder of her family, and all those who make the mistake of trying to help her.

Mr. NeJame, you did all you could for the Anthonys. You made the right choice in removing yourself from this train wreck in progress. If only others would follow your lead.

This one sure came out of left field. I had assumed, as I'm sure many here did, that MN was going to be in this for the long haul. From some of the comments he made, he seems exasperated with George and Cindy, and the direction they've taken.

Watch for Cindy to throw MN under the bus. I think the Anthonys will now align themselves even more with KFN in an "us against the world" attitude.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back