2008.11.20 George & Cindy's Attorney, Mark NeJame, Quits

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"I believe that the singular person out of the 6 billion people in the world who holds the key to finding Caylee is her mother, Casey Anthony." MN

I bet CA & GA didn't like that.

I'm going to ask again because I am really curious--
Is there any truth to rumors that Nejame represents KidFinders, The Never Lose Hope Foundation and/or TES or anyone else involved in this case??

Barring some pretty significant information about potential conflicts of interest, I think it's inappropriate for Nejame to have released a statement of this nature.
I know people are fed up with the Anthony's, but would anyone want their lawyer to release a statement like this to the media after quitting?? This is very strange??

i dont know about the rumors, but i agree, Nejame could have made up plenty of benign excuses ("cant devote the time needed", "downsizing my practice", "changing the direction of my corporation", "do not have the resources", "my wife wants me home more"), any other much concise excuses. Yet he issues this LONG statement. Maybe a "pre-emptive strike"? He is probably expecting an Anthony backlash and wanted to get his side of the story out before they have a chance to "body slam" him?

Well, from this article originally on the Orlando Sentinel site, and then posted on MN's professional site (http://www.nejamelaw.com/mark-nejame-in-the-news/George-Cindy-Anthony-also-victims.htm)
Thanks for the info! I have to think about this more-- it's VERY weird to me.
Snipped: "Orlando-based missing-children's organization Never Lose Hope Foundation hired NeJame to help the couple."

I agree, something is "off" about all of this.

Thank you for the info!! This is very strange-- I have to think about it more...

yeah, that is a very odd statement he put out. he says he respects his clients belief that their granddaughter is still alive, but that he cant represent them because they comment and act at-will.

their commenting and acting would have to be opening themselves up to legal jeopardy for him to use it as a reason to resign from the case i would think, he says there is little benefit he can provide while they continue to do this.

and since the benefit he is there to provide is a competent defense, he must feel that their continued actions and comments undermine his ability to defend them. and therefore, he must believe their behavoir puts them at risk legally. but, he defends and respects their opinion on whether or not caylee is alive...

very odd. **this is just my initial impression and i am not a lawyer, any lawyers around care to comment?**

Hmmm- interesting. I see what you're saying but think that if Nejame anticipates the Anthonys will be charged for something, he wouldn't have issued this kind of statement. I'm a lawyer but I don't practice, I'm also very interested to see what attorneys who actually represent clients think of this!!

edit: bold text to qualify that I don't have the right experience base to have an informed opinion, not to discount the value of other opinions :) Thought I might have unwittingly sounded super rude!

think this about sums it up for why....always thought he knew little Caylee was no longer with us -- he was just waiting..think that he thought perhaps GA was on the same bandwagon but then after this weekends meet & greet and all that other crap that went on over this.....don't blame him at all--perhaps one of these days the a's will realize others do know a bit more....
jmo

Yep, I'm sure he didn't want his reputation tarnished by this mess, so he bailed out.

Hope the floor isn't getting too crowded as I am next to fall. I think this man wants to save his good name.
He gave a very eloquent statement and it's something I said in another thread. I mentioned that I was so glad I didn't live near them, hopefully their daughter has never heard my name and everyone who comes in contact with them is doomed !!
Why because KC is so evil :behindbar Are too good for her. She has taken down many people with her lies and her parents IMO need to see this.
NM was really a bit too kind to the A's as they could stop this crap too.
GA already testified and told LE what he believes and knows. So why come on tv and act like you didn't say that, or that the things aren't what they seem.
TM knew enough to clear out, LP I think can handle what they throw at him.
He's used to low lifes and liars. How ungrateful she was to him, telling him "to get the he$$ outta HER house. What a piece of work she is.
Oh but all of you know that already. Have you seen a day go by where there hasn't been a new twist? When you think you have seen it all, it comes right back around.
Even GA said in one of his statements she pushes everything to the limit, then goes on to start something else. :bang:

What, Nejame represents those KFN people...:eek: I did not know that. OMG what in the hell is wrong with all these people, it's like some sort of conglomeration of misfits.

Please tell me this is not true, I just got some respect for the man, I don't want to give it up that quickly!
:eek:

Maybe he found out how much money they received from photo/video licensing? I admit I felt a twinge of sympathy for him on NG because he's obviously a proud man and he's worked hard to earn that dignity. And in a matter of months he started to look like a shyster. I'm happy for him. There isn't enough money in the world if you care about your reputation. You go, MN!

My opinion is that MN is very unhappy about the presser tommorrow and with what the Anthony's are going are to say. If they arent being looked at closely by LE yet, they probably will be after tommorrow....

Well, from this article originally on the Orlando Sentinel site, and then posted on MN's professional site (http://www.nejamelaw.com/mark-nejame-in-the-news/George-Cindy-Anthony-also-victims.htm)

Snipped: "Orlando-based missing-children's organization Never Lose Hope Foundation hired NeJame to help the couple."

I agree, something is "off" about all of this.

AHA!! NLHF "hired" MN.......Me thinks he may be bailing out now before the S*** hits the fan about KFN & NLHF.....he may or may not have opposed GA being their spokesman...... the whole thing is uber HINKY!

Hope the floor isn't getting too crowded as I am next to fall. I think this man wants to save his good name.
He gave a very eloquent statement and it's something I said in another thread. I mentioned that I was so glad I didn't live near them, hopefully their daughter has never heard my name and everyone who comes in contact with them is doomed !!
Why because KC is so evil :behindbar Are too good for her. She has taken down many people with her lies and her parents IMO need to see this.
NM was really a bit too kind to the A's as they could stop this crap too.
GA already testified and told LE what he believes and knows. So why come on tv and act like you didn't say that, or that the things aren't what they seem.
TM knew enough to clear out, LP I think can handle what they throw at him.
He's used to low lifes and liars. How ungrateful she was to him, telling him "to get the he$$ outta HER house. What a piece of work she is.
Oh but all of you know that already. Have you seen a day go by where there hasn't been a new twist? When you think you have seen it all, it comes right back around.
Even GA said in one of his statements she pushes everything to the limit, then goes on to start something else. :bang:

I think the exact same thing can be said of Cindy, as well!

And the A camp turns on NeJame in 3...2...

I was NOT expecting this at all! My guess, he got to see the evidence and the A's refused to listen - what else can he do?

An theonly is right - how quickly will we hear the A's bash Nejame

I wonder if Nejame will still comment or now try to help find Caylee

He sure did:

The only person without an opinion though is Casey Anthony as only she knows the truth. I believe that the singular person out of the 6 billion people in the world who holds the key to finding Caylee is her mother, Casey Anthony.

Notice he doesn't so much as hint about an accomplice or babysitter either.

Maybe he found out how much money they received from photo/video licensing? I admit I felt a twinge of sympathy for him on NG because he's obviously a proud man and he's worked hard to earn that dignity. And in a matter of months he started to look like a shyster. I'm happy for him. There isn't enough money in the world if you care about your reputation. You go, MN!

Speaking of which, the last thing I heard about Garrison is he was claiming that the emails and docs alledging he got paid were falsified. Wonder what Nejame was able to determine? Things that make you go hmmmmm.

AHA!! NLHF "hired" MN.......Me thinks he may be bailing out now before the S*** hits the fan about KFN & NLHF.....he may or may not have opposed GA being their spokesman...... the whole thing is uber HINKY!

pardon my stupidity....what is NLHF?

How can he possibly represent people (CINDY!!) who NEVER shut up? It was self preservation on his part. Kudo's to him. But, very damning statement he released. Preemptive strike?

Wow...I can't believe this! Now maybe the A's can be charged.
I always felt NJ was too good of a lawyer and would get them off. Now I think they can all be hauled into jail and get legal aid or state appointed atty.

I remember people talking about JB and what he would have to do if KC had given him a confession. Basically the end result was that JB would have to resign from the case.

Is it possible that MN may have heard something from the A's that would've put him in a legal bind, so he did what he had to do and stepped down?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back