2008.11.20 The Significance of Cindy's "Silent Interview"--Did Cindy "Know"?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've just started reading this thread, so, if someone has mentioned this after what I am quoting above, sorry ~

I have ALWAYS thought that the filming of this search was indeed to be used as a "cover", so to speak.
And, I also believe that DC found Caylee's, and, with the elements and animals, there was no way that he could remove/recover her remains. But, as mentioned by MagicCat, it doesn't mean that DC couldn't have taken things from the crime scene. It wouldn't surprise me at all.

Concidering though that all of the things found with Caylee, that lead straight back to the Anthony home, what could have been taken from the site?

It's been a long time, and I'm trying to remember, but in one of the jailhouse videos Cindy asks Casey what happened to a bracelet or a ring she owned. IIRC, Casey says she doesn't know.

Could DC have removed anything of Casey's from the scene - something like a bracelet, ring, or other item that could link the remains scene to Casey?

As it is now, there's items that link back to the Anthony home, like the laundry bag, the black trash bags, Caylee's Winnie-the-pooh blanket, the pink blanket, her shorts, remains of her shirt, and the duct tape. But there's no items belonging to the murderer. As far as we know........not even DNA or fingerprints.

So is it possible that anything of Casey's was removed?

JMO but I don't think she knew Caylee was dead when she made those 911 calls. I think that's the most honesty we have or will ever see from CA. But I think (JMO) that DC found the remains and reported back to Cindy, thus the drugged appearance in that interview. Again JMO.

I don't think Cindy knew Caylee was dead when she made the third, frantic, 911 call. But, I think she "knew" in her heart shortly after that call, within the next 24 hours, that Caylee was likely dead.

Let's say that Cindy was 99.5% sure that Caylee was dead, holding out that last .5% hope that she was still alive. DC finding tangible evidence that Caylee was dead, would dash all hope and Cindy would know with certainty. At that point, with no hope and having proof that Caylee was dead, Cindy was defeated with the finality.

JMO but I don't think she knew Caylee was dead when she made those 911 calls. I think that's the most honesty we have or will ever see from CA. But I think (JMO) that DC found the remains and reported back to Cindy, thus the drugged appearance in that interview. Again JMO.

That is my thought, exactly. THAT's why she was drugged THEN. She had just found out the truth. I don't believe she knew Caylee was dead when she made those calls, either. That was pure deperation in her voice, during those calls, panic. The same as any normal mother or grandmother would react. She was drugged at that time, because she KNEW then. I agree with your opinion. :)

CA is pure evil IMO. I feel like she is protecting herself as much as ICA. ICA has kept her mouth shut. CA has ranted and raved and made herself look krazee! She best behave when being cross examined.ICA will never take the stand IMO, bit if CA pulls her carp this time the defense may just call her Zanny, and blame her
ICA thought she was with CA. CA was trying to teach ICA a lesson. WE KNOW the players but the jurors may not.In a backwards sort of way... kwim?

It's been a long time, and I'm trying to remember, but in one of the jailhouse videos Cindy asks Casey what happened to a bracelet or a ring she owned. IIRC, Casey says she doesn't know.

Could DC have removed anything of Casey's from the scene - something like a bracelet, ring, or other item that could link the remains scene to Casey?

As it is now, there's items that link back to the Anthony home, like the laundry bag, the black trash bags, Caylee's Winnie-the-pooh blanket, the pink blanket, her shorts, remains of her shirt, and the duct tape. But there's no items belonging to the murderer. As far as we know........not even DNA or fingerprints.

It was the tiffany ring CA inquired about...I wonder if it was ever found?

I believe, DC and JH went into those woods to plant evidence of JG's...I think CA was aware that Caylee's remains were there...after her second breath, she took this to LKL to shout from the higest tower, Caylee was alive...ironic how on their way home from Cali, RK found Caylee's remains...I believe she knew and she knew from early on....that's when she decided to protect ICA, since Caylee was already deceased...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

O/T I know but I love how the posters here can give differing opinions without arguing. You guys are the best and I thank God every day that Caylee has each and everyone of you in her corner. :)

ETA. I sure wish you guys could be in my brother's corner when his case goes to trial. I would feel like the luckiest woman on Earth!!

I wish we could too, Tulessa....

I also believe CA made this the case of the century for everyone tuned in to see what was next out of her mouth.

Had she taken a different stance, had she stood side by side with LE, instead of becoming hostile and contrary she could have gotten plenty of empathy/sympthy from everyone..

She should have stood beside LE, saying, we don't know what happened, we need LE to do their job so we can find out what happened to Caylee...If it's found my daughter had something to do with Caylee's death, then she must be held accountable for her actions and must accept the consequences. I will stand by my daughter, I will support her for love is unconditional...but she must tell what she knows...or something to that effect..JMHO

Now she will find herself begging the courts to have mercy on her own child...even as she is just as responsible for this case becoming as huge as it has...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

IMO ICA killed Caylee out of contempt for her Mother,she was enraged at how she was controlling her life, and knew this was the one thing that would break CA.
The ultimate irony is that it will be CA's words 'smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car' that will convict ICA.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. CA will be serving it up....

IMO ICA killed Caylee out of contempt for her Mother,she was enraged at how she was controlling her life, and knew this was the one thing that would break CA.
The ultimate irony is that it will be CA's words 'smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car' that will convict ICA.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. CA will be serving it up....

Zsa I agree with you 130% on this. I too think she killed her INTENTIONALLY to spite CA. :(

I feel that this Silent Cindy video, was because someone had finally told her that her worst fears were true, and Caylee was not going to ever come home. She was totally defeated, exhausted and grieving in that video. Whether it was DC, or JB or even LA that finally told her remains a mystery. George took hold of the reigns for a few days, while Cindy recovered (enough to go to California and continue the media spin as JB had requested). Cindy became more steadfast and persistent than ever after she did recover. She was on the spin wagon constantly afterward. Just look at the Ritz guests on Dec 12th! That was a 'How to Spin' conference if there ever was one!

It was the tiffany ring CA inquired about...I wonder if it was ever found?

I believe, DC and JH went into those woods to plant evidence of JG's...I think CA was aware that Caylee's remains were there...after her second breath, she took this to LKL to shout from the higest tower, Caylee was alive...ironic how on their way home from Cali, RK found Caylee's remains...I believe she knew and she knew from early on....that's when she decided to protect ICA, since Caylee was already deceased...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Thanks LiveLaughLuv............yes, the Tiffany ring......thanks for jogging my memory. I've wondered about that too and whether it was found.

It was ironic that after going on LKL and talking about someone in Los Angeles seeing Caylee in a restaurant there, that the very next day, while they were en route home to Orlando, Caylee's remains were found. And CA and GA didn't react to that news with shock, as if the news came as a total surprise.........they already knew the remains were there.

Zsa I agree with you 130% on this. I too think she killed her INTENTIONALLY to spite CA. :(

I agree too. At least in part. I think spiting CA was a huge reason for the murder. CA allowed Caylee to usurp casey's role as the house princess. How dare she? And then she had the nerve to not want to babysit all the time for free when casey couldn't even prove she was working. Monstrous! And then, to top it off, CA dared to yell at casey for stealing from her poor grandparents. Can you believe it? So yeah, spite and revenge was a huge reason for killing Caylee.

But I also think she just wanted to be free from motherhood. She wanted to be 22, single and childless. Then her mom would have no reason to yell at her and try to hold her accountable. casey could do what she wanted.

I guess mom waited too long to try and reign in Miss Thing. Had she not ignored the reality of what her daughter was prior to Caylee being born, maybe she wouldn't have such a personality disordered daughter. Instead, after finally trying to get casey to toe the line, she got a murdered grandchild instead of a more responsible daughter. If you raise a monster, you can't be surprised when they act like a monster and you can't change them when it's convenient for you.

Of course, I don't think it would have been possible for CA to raise anything but what she did. That woman is almost as disordered as her daughter. In fact, sometimes, I think she may be more so. The e-mails between her and her brother really sum up the deep-seated mental issues this woman likely has. Reality? She's never known it, IMO.

Hmmm just thinking about how difficult it was for hundreds of searchers to finally FIND Caylee in those woods, it's hard to imagine the DC found anything as small as a ring or a bracelet,

and OH DEAR LORD HELP ME, IF THAT MAN FOUND CAYLEE and LEFT HER THERE, only to confirm with CA that she was in fact there, Then he is no better that ICA, CA, GA and the rest! How totally Disgusting. :banghead::sick:

After reading this thread, you all have me thinking of RG's interview with LE where he talks about the Vigil.

RG says that he tried contacting George right away about Caylee, he wanted to offer any connections he had and wanted to know if it was safe(for Caylee)if he did a little "tree shaking." George avoided RG's phone calls, and finally RG pinned George down to saying he would speak to RG if he came over.

(I am confused about how many vigils there were. Maybe there was just several nights in a row? TIA)

RG tells LE that he notices a huge clam up. He says George avoided him when he knew RG had come to speak to him specifically. RG asks George why he is not doing what he should be doing as a grandfather, to look for Caylee and George replies "because Cindy does not want me to." RG states his opinion that Cindy rules the roost.

When George and Cindy start this behavior, Jesse and he are still in contact with Lee. At first Lee agrees with them about what they are saying about George and Cindy. He tells them that before they go to the press, they say they are all going to say one thing but then it goes different. (paraphrased) Because of the "negative" way Lee was(willing)to speak to Jesse and Richard regarding his parents RG is suspicious that Lee is playing games with them.

Richard speaks of he and his wife being in the room when Cindy stated that she may have "lost both her girls." RG said it was the most emotion Cindy had shown all evening. RG and his wife had arrived at the vigil and had been in the driveway for some time(remember George had agreed to have a meeting with RG)until Lee came and asked them inside. RG says it was still quite a while before George emerged from somewhere in the back of the house.

RG and his wife headed out to leave, it was late and they had been at the Anthonys for hours and RG asked George some of his questions. George said that Casey had always had "issues." RG asked who('s)body was Casey driving around with? And, IIRC George said he didn't know.

The following is something other people have posted here, and now it pops into my head. Casey is Zanny. Casey never bonded with Caylee as Caylee's mother. The pregnancy was denied. Cindy called it Casey's mistake, but her best mistake. Casey felt like Cindy was the mom and she was the nanny.

The slim, 20 year old, pretty, exotic, employed Zanny the Nanny. Who watches Caylee for Cindy. Zanny took Caylee to teach (Caylee's) "mother/Cindy" a lesson. Zanny/Casey did take Caylee away, kidnapped Caylee from the Anthony home.

It is obvious to me that Cindy(and George)knew quite soon after the 911 calls. Some have speculated that both or either of them might have known prior to the 911 calls. I am open to that when I think about George looking to the sky, at the tow yard and asking that (paraphrased)this please not be his Caylee, granddaughter. IIRC, George was even worried at that point it could be Casey. George was so upset about the smell that he asked the tow guy to open the trunk with him. All before the 911 calls made by Cindy.

George told LE about the smell and how as ex LE himself, you never forget that smell and could they give him time to tell his wife because he never thought he could bring someone into this world who...and when asked by RG who it was dead in the trunk of his daughter's car, George replies he does not know.

Cindy asks George, "its pizza right?" Is also what George tells LE. At that point it seems as though it is George who knows the awful truth and he is trying to protect Cindy(and Lee). But by the time RG is calling and offering his help, George is telling him that he is not looking for Caylee because Cindy does not want him too. :waitasec:

I posted part of this on the thread, "is this an admission?" regarding Casey's cryptic statement, "I don't want to interrupt her life because from here on out Caylee's life will never be the same."

CA: I took her home and just as I was coming around to my house, my son had called me and said, "hey dad said that um, just somethin' going on" all my husband had done was called him and said "you might want to touch base with mom" he wasn't making reference about the car, didn't know about Caylee or anything else at that point(neither did you Cindy, right?), so he was actually home because "where you at?" and I said I will be there in two minutes, less than two minutes I'll be home.

Lee knew what Cindy knew, that Casey had not brought Caylee home to the Anthony's in a month. Lee told LE that Casey had been keeping Caylee away from them on purpose, his parents thought. Lee said Casey wouldn't even let them speak to Caylee on the phone. RP said that Cindy told his mom that Casey had taken the baby out of spite but that she never thought Caylee was in physical harm. (Cindy's July 3rd MySpace: Jealousy has taken her, who is watching MY angel now?) So, I wonder what Cindy meant by that when she and Lee found out at almost exactly the same time that Caylee had been "kidnapped." :waitasec:

:twocents: The covering up Cindy and George did previous to the 911 calls: not reporting the smell in the car after talking to coworkers about it, washing items from the car, washing the car, etc. was all to cover up what they thought Casey had "gotten herself into." The way George answered RG that night makes me think the Anthonys knew there had been a dead body in the car but still at that point could tell themselves it was someone else and Caylee had been taken by bad people that Casey had fallen in with. RG had given the theory that who Casey had begun to hang out with, the Fusian crowd was not the Casey he had known with Jesse. Maybe Casey had gotten herself into trouble, RG had asked and George leaned toward that idea himself. RG asked, "George what has Casey gotten herself into?"

I wonder because of this thread, if Cindy leaving the message to LE stating "no matter what you think happened Casey had to have help" was after George spoke to LE and asked them to let him break the news to Cindy? It seems at the time of that message, between George's interview with LE(who was still willing to call this an accident but it was George that led the conversation to show he believed it was Casey that had hurt Caylee and it was obvious he thought of Caylee as dead.)and Cindy saying she had to have had help: that both George and Cindy knew and understood that Caylee had passed.

And, that Casey (per George)had hurt someone(Caylee)and Cindy understood Casey was a least partially responsible for Caylee's death.

I think we should put the George interview date on a time line and then compare it to Cindy's message. That is a start date for when it is obvious they knew, and then we can plot things like the "woods" comment and the Ritz dinner, and the silent interview. But, it seems she already knew before that interview? I will find the first two dates and post them.

I feel I have babbled enough for now. :)

:websleuther:

:cow:

I think we should put the George interview date on a time line and then compare it to Cindy's message. That is a start date for when it is obvious they knew, and then we can plot things like the "woods" comment and the Ritz dinner, and the silent interview. But, it seems she already knew before that interview? I will find the first two dates and post them.

I feel I have babbled enough for now. :)

:cow:
(snipped just for space)

Often times I am reading a post, it is strung together in perfect order; it is thorough, thought provoking and calm. I am reading along and thinking something like: this person REALLY knows what's what and is super-good at writing. Then I look up at see the screen name: Chiquita71

I agree with everything you wrote..I do have a problem thinking that CA "knew" for a certainty when she cleaned the car, etc. CA is completely practiced in reinventing reality as some sort of coping mechanism. I always think back to the jailhouse tape where CA is begging KC to give them some help finding Caylee. CA is literally tearing her hair out (I mean it, there is one section where she is pulling hard on her poofy bangs, as if she was "losing it" and putting her head on the table, etc). See, during that exchange CA REALLY indicates that she feels KC can still point them to where (the live) Caylee is. It was heart wrenching when KC flipped out with the Mt. Dora question, ratcheting up CA's anguish. To me, CA's hope that Caylee was "findable" (during the jailhouse visit) just had to be real.

Cindy knew right away, I agree. That is why, after Caylee was found it was more of a celebratory relief so they can stop pretending then a fall to your knees and cry your eyes out moment.

(snipped just for space)

Often times I am reading a post, it is strung together in perfect order; it is thorough, thought provoking and calm. I am reading along and thinking something like: this person REALLY knows what's what and is super-good at writing. Then I look up at see the screen name: Chiquita71

I agree with everything you wrote..I do have a problem thinking that CA "knew" for a certainty when she cleaned the car, etc. CA is completely practiced in reinventing reality as some sort of coping mechanism. I always think back to the jailhouse tape where CA is begging KC to give them some help finding Caylee. CA is literally tearing her hair out (I mean it, there is one section where she is pulling hard on her poofy bangs, as if she was "losing it" and putting her head on the table, etc). See, during that exchange CA REALLY indicates that she feels KC can still point them to where (the live) Caylee is. It was heart wrenching when KC flipped out with the Mt. Dora question, ratcheting up CA's anguish. To me, CA's hope that Caylee was "findable" (during the jailhouse visit) just had to be real.
Respectfully Quoted Affinity

Thank you for the compliment. :blush: While "calm" and "well thought out" is your middle(and "first" name). :blowkiss:

BBM I agree with what you are saying about Cindy and the washing of the car and items and her not knowing. I also think it is more probable that she did not know Caylee was dead. I think she may have thought, that she was helping to cover up whatever "mess" Casey had gotten herself into. Cindy was in the middle of that cleaning when she found Amy's number and had what was her first fresh clue to Casey/Caylee, in a while. She called and hit pay dirt, Amy took Cindy right to Casey and I think Cindy did expect and was surprised when Caylee was not with Casey at Tony's. IMO, when Cindy made the 911 call about the damn dead body she might still have been under the panic that Caylee was with people who had something to do with there having been a dead body in the Pontiac.

The jailhouse visits! :smack: Yes, I have always felt that George and Cindy are begging Casey at that time, they still have some hope that Caylee is alive. I think that may be what we are seeing, their last hope. ITA Affinity. "Why is she crying?" is what Casey asks as she gets on the phone with her parents from behind the glass at the county jail. Cindy reminds Casey that Caylee's third birthday is coming up and they want her home for that. They were going to have a small celebration before but now they want to have a huge party. (paraphrased) It's funny but the Anthonys had already decided what Caylee's third birthday party would be like before she went "missing." I think that shows again, the control Cindy had or tried to have as a mother figure in Caylee's life.

But, yes: this interview makes me think that George and Cindy still had hope that Caylee was alive. I do think that George has a more "resigned" attitude toward Caylee being alive, though. And I found this on another websleuths thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74549&page=5

Originally Posted by Janis396

"When sheriff's investigators questioned Casey's father George nine days after Caylee was reported missing, George told them he had "bad vibes" the very first day he got his car back and smelled the smell in the trunk, a smell, he said as a former law enforcement officer, he knows and would never forget.

Casey's father George told investigators, "I don't want to believe that I have, have raised someone and brought someone in this world that could do something to another person. I don't want to believe that."

George also told them, "I, I, I believe that there's someone dead back there and I hate to say the word human. Um, I hate to say that."

George told them, when he opened the trunk of the car, he said to himself, "Please don't let this be my Caylee."

George told investigators his daughter Casey lives on the edge, that she takes things as far as she can take them and then she piles on more. He said they caught her in lies about work and money and said she's really good with computers.

George also told sheriff's investigators that the very first night they found out Caylee was missing, Cindy told him, "We lost her. We lost her." When he asked who, she said "Caylee."

Not only did Casey Anthony lie to her family, friends and investigators, George says she lied to her attorney Jose Baez. She told him she had $5,000, even though she didn't and then she told him that he'd get the rest after she gets out of the situation."

http://www.wftv.com/news/17919607/detail.html

George's interview was on 7/24/2008

Cindy's message to LE was on 7/27/2008
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_hCyihXq7w&feature=related[/ame]

The jailhouse visit was on 7/30/2008 (Makes sense, this was their last effort to have hope or believe that Casey could tell them Caylee was alive, give information that was different than what they had, which was that Caylee was gone.)

Cindy's silent interview was on 11/20/2008 (Which was four months after all of the above.)

After listening and watching this interview again, I have to agree CA knew then. I also watched this interview with MB taped on the same day and I found something she said very interesting starting @ the 4:40 mark.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXO1XAerZIQ[/ame]

Why is it so emotional for MB this week after working with the A's for 3 mos?

Considering DC was taped in the woods Nov 15 and MN quits Nov 20 the same day these videos are done. I believe this is the week the A's were told Caylee was in the woods.

JMO

After listening and watching this interview again, I have to agree CA knew then. I also watched this interview with MB taped on the same day and I found something she said very interesting starting @ the 4:40 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXO1XAerZIQ

Considering DC was taped in the woods Nov 15 and MN quits Nov 20 the same day these videos are done. I believe this is the week the A's were told Caylee was in the woods.

JMO
This woman is a real piece of work! She is clearly lying, look how often her eyes shift downward- she rarely looks the interviewer in the eyes! She also wants the FBI to fingerprint every little brunette toddler who is sighted in the U.S.!:doh:
She talks about the Elizabeth Smart case- apples & oranges. There was a clear witness to Elizabeth's kidnapping, and the Smart's didn't wait 31 days to report her missing to LE!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXO1XAerZIQ

JMO

Of Note, nothing more.
Michelle Bart resigned as the A's spokesperson on Saturday Dec 14, 2008
I don't know the reason...perhaps she is not needed since Brad Conway became their new lawyer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub
Back