2008.12.25 Is it a Book in the Woods?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think that picture has been photoshopped. I just looked through the other released photos on the WFTV website, and most are just as bright as the one with the book. The sun was shining, plus I'm sure the camera probably flashed in the shade where the book was found.

Here is a photo from the same series of pics, and it's just as bright. It makes me wonder if the book was possibly lying there closed, and someone opened it with the toe of their shoe or something. That could be why the inside pages are so bright - they had not been exposed to the sun.

Another pic of the crime scene on the same day.

Book pic

That's a thought. Wouldn't it still have been warped though like cardboard usually is after being soaked ~ or would the lamination prevent that?

That's a thought. Wouldn't it still have been warped though like cardboard usually is after being soaked ~ or would the lamination prevent that?
The lamination definitely could have preserved the pages. We cleaned out my sister's house ten weeks after Katrina. She had many, many photo albums. While most were ruined, some were miraculously intact, depending on the quality of the plastic sleeves.

Isn't it also possible that the book and other belongings were in a plastic bag that was recently torn open by animals after the flood waters receded? If that's the case, the bag might very well have floated atop the water.

I thought the same thing. I rotated it, blew it up and I questioned it. If this an important part of the crime scene I would think there would be more pictures that showed the book instead of being just a small part of the picture. Perhaps there are more pictures that they have not released yet.

I think they specifically labeled this photo release as 'photos of the crime scene' for a reason. If it was a release of evidentiary photos they'd have said Photos of Crime Scene Evidence released...imo. Of course I could be splitting hairs. I don't think they intended to release any photos with visible evidence in them and tip their hand to the defense. Someone messed up. LOL

I'm just not understanding why, if the book is Caylee's, would it be so important to the case for/against her. Maybe I've missed something, which is quite possible. Even if Casey said ZG had the book, how would it being at the crime scene disprove Casey's lies? How would it help pin down the date Caylee was killed? Yes she had it on Father's Day but she could've also had it weeks after that (not likely I know but you get the point). Hope that makes sense.

I just don't see how it could help the defense or the prosecution, unless there's some kind of forensic evidence on it which seems unlikely seeing as how it's been in water for some time.

I have a thought about the book that I just want to throw out there -

We know Casey was jealous of the attention that Caylee received - could the A's and the ggpa's and the folks at the nursing home all have been gushing about Caylee reading the book? Especially Cindy - she may have even gone on about how she helped Caylee learn to read the book.

Could she have been jealous of the book - so to speak?

I hope that doesn't sound too silly - but wouldn't it be ironic if true? Cuz now the whole world sees sweet Caylee reading that book over and over again - and the book could help seal her fate.

The lamination definitely could have preserved the pages. We cleaned out my sister's house ten weeks after Katrina. She had many, many photo albums. While most were ruined, some were miraculously intact, depending on the quality of the plastic sleeves.

Isn't it also possible that the book and other belongings were in a plastic bag that was recently torn open by animals after the flood waters receded? If that's the case, the bag might very well have floated atop the water.
Thanks so much for the information. Fortunately I've never had anything flooded so didn't have any frame of reference to compare the book with. It did cross my mind that the book (assuming that's what it is) was inside the plastic bag and the bag just recently was opened. That's why I was wondering (earlier post) if there were any signs on it that animals had torn it. :) MOO

I think they specifically labeled this photo release as 'photos of the crime scene' for a reason. If it was a release of evidentiary photos they'd have said Photos of Crime Scene Evidence released...imo. Of course I could be splitting hairs. I don't think they intended to release any photos with visible evidence in them and tip their hand to the defense. Someone messed up. LOL

Wonder what JB is thinking? Probably thinking that we'll still go with the nanny-after all KC said Caylee was talking about the book in her call. She said Caylee was talking about her book and shoes! Why would KC say Caylee was talking about shoes? We haven't heard anything about finding shoes at the crime scene-yet LE went straight to the A's house with that warrant and picked up among other things-shoes!:waitasec:

I have a thought about the book that I just want to throw out there -

We know Casey was jealous of the attention that Caylee received - could the A's and the ggpa's and the folks at the nursing home all have been gushing about Caylee reading the book? Especially Cindy - she may have even gone on about how she helped Caylee learn to read the book.

Could she have been jealous of the book - so to speak?

I hope that doesn't sound too silly - but wouldn't it be ironic if true? Cuz now the whole world sees sweet Caylee reading that book over and over again - and the book could help seal her fate.
I think anything's possible in Casey's mind. Please forgive my forgetfulness but wasn't it Cindy who gave Caylee the book? If so, that could explain a lot since getting rid of Caylee seems to be partly as an act against Cindy ~ MOO.

I thought I heard that Casey and Caylee left home on June 9th. Not sure where she went to stay. So that would stick in Cindy's mind. Casey allowed Cindy to have Caylee back for Father's Day to go visit great-grandpa.

Casey had been keeping Caylee from Cindy from the 9th. Then, after she left on the 16th, she kept Caylee away from Cindy again....for good.

I believe this is just speculation and not confirmed.

I understand that KC had been keeping Caylee away from CA. Maybe wherever they stayed during this time wasn't a safe place for Caylee. Maybe when CA finally saw Caylee on the 15th of June (we know that KC wasn't there), Caylee told all the details to her and her mothers whereabouts and what they were doing. Maybe the details that Caylee offered up to CA, pissed her off and that led to the fight on the 15th of June.

So glad you asked that. Just for the sake of theorizing, suppose for a moment that one of the reasons for LE's last surprise search at the A's is that they were looking for duplicates of items they found with Caylee's remains--like that book, for example.

I really feel like LE thinks CA has been covering up, and they're after her, too, for obstruction, destruction, tampering, misleading or whatever.

It's just a thought.

Oh, and Merry Christmas, everyone.

I agree with the duplicate item theory. If they found Caylee's book and sheets and whatever at the crime scene, then they should be missing from the home. If they can prove Caylee had certain toys, etc. in pictures, they should be in her room, not her deathbed, unless Casey dumped them with her.

It certainly appears to be the book, but I wonder if it had been photoshopped into that picture. It just doesn't seem 'weathered' enough to have sat out in the elements for six months. MHO

Are you suggesting that the prosectors or law enforcement officers would photoshop a crime scene photo?

Please.

That said, I'm in agreement with those who don't think there has been any official confirmation that the object in the photo is one and the same as the book from the video.

I see the book as very important.Casey said she dropped Caylee at the sitters.She had to have the book in the back pack.Cindy had the book on the 15 of June. How did Caylee end up with it, It had to come from the A's house or Car. The mention of her saying Caylee called an said she was playing with her book. Why she changed the date has never been explained :"

I agree with the duplicate item theory. If they found Caylee's book and sheets and whatever at the crime scene, then they should be missing from the home. If they can prove Caylee had certain toys, etc. in pictures, they should be in her room, not her deathbed, unless Casey dumped them with her.

IIRC-Casey told her mother that 'Zanny' had duplicates of everything for Caylee, which is why she didn't take anything with her for Caylee when she left...supposedly Z had toys, and clothes, shoes, books, and a car seat with pink flowers? Could this be the setup for that theory?

O.k. guys my father retired from the printing industry and here is what I have found out about how children storybooks are printed.

1. Just the inside pages are laminated and the outer edge of the thick page are not sealed, with this form the page itself will only bubble if the book is subjected to large amounts of water it will cause the water to seep into the crack and that is what will bubble the page (large amounts of water would be required to do this).

2. The whole page is laminated edges and all when printed this way it makes no diference how much water it is subjected to or for how long it is subjected to the water it will never harm the pages, but the book would not float away.

Now keep in mind the 2nd way is more expensive and for that reason the front flap and back flap of the book is normally not laminated this would be the first part of the book to break apart when water is put on it like any normal hardbound book.

Dirt-On a laminated page that is just subjected to a dry dirty enviroment the laminated pages will get dirty and would need to be wiped down, but if there is any water in that enviroment it will cause the dirt and debrise to roll right off of the pages that are laminated and therefore you would not see any dirt on the pages.

I hope I have explained this well enough to understand any questions just ask and I will get the pro involved

The official crime scene photos that were released are all at the OSCO website at: CrimeSceneGallery

These photos are lesser quality than the original photos they published. One of the posters here retrieved the original images which are better quality and has posted them at: http://www.rsxtaci.com/Caylee/

Three photos in particular show the same area at slightly different times and from slightly different angles. Also, it should be noted that when law enforcement originally arrived at the scene, it was raining quite hard.

Look for images:
195831 with the book with the raindrops on camera lens
196482 similar view framed from a step or two to the left and slightly higher, with more view of background and with blue tent erected.
and
196596 taken from the street

I don't think that picture has been photoshopped. I just looked through the other released photos on the WFTV website, and most are just as bright as the one with the book. The sun was shining, plus I'm sure the camera probably flashed in the shade where the book was found.

Here is a photo from the same series of pics, and it's just as bright. It makes me wonder if the book was possibly lying there closed, and someone opened it with the toe of their shoe or something. That could be why the inside pages are so bright - they had not been exposed to the sun.

Another pic of the crime scene on the same day.
CayleeCrimeScene2.jpg

Book pic
CayleeCrimeScene.jpg

If you go back to the first thread on this you will see I brightened up those photos to show the bag caught in the brush. The pictures as originally downloaded are not bright at all, as they were taken in overcast rainy weather. Sorry, I should have marked those as brightened up.

IIRC-Casey told her mother that 'Zanny' had duplicates of everything for Caylee, which is why she didn't take anything with her for Caylee when she left...supposedly Z had toys, and clothes, shoes, books, and a car seat with pink flowers? Could this be the setup for that theory?

WHOA.........I forgot about that.........I would guess she told Cindy that so she would not have to explain why she never took clean clothes for Caylee, but you are right, it may be to set up the "duplicate" theory.

I just don't believe they will stick with the zanny story though the trial. It is not going to work, and I believe they will go more with attacks on LE and the evidence. They could not even get their family to believe the zanny story, so to use it in court would be suicide.

I'm just not understanding why, if the book is Caylee's, would it be so important to the case for/against her. Maybe I've missed something, which is quite possible. Even if Casey said ZG had the book, how would it being at the crime scene disprove Casey's lies? How would it help pin down the date Caylee was killed? Yes she had it on Father's Day but she could've also had it weeks after that (not likely I know but you get the point). Hope that makes sense.

I just don't see how it could help the defense or the prosecution, unless there's some kind of forensic evidence on it which seems unlikely seeing as how it's been in water for some time.

The book was at the house. It was not at the babysitters or anywhere else. That is why CA is wanting to change her story, she KNEW it was at the house and knew she was implicated if she didn't tell the truth.

KC talking about the phone call from Caylee about the book:

Think she used it to try to tie the book at the scene with Zanny.

Fortunately there is NO real phone call from the invisible nanny. Thank God for modern day technology.

Merry Christmas WA. I agree and this would be awfully big information to deliver just off the cuff like that.
Some of these reporters do not follow these cases as closely as we do and they misreport things all the time. News was reporting that Casey dressed up like ZFG for the longest time.

What? How did I miss this and how does someone dress up like ZFG? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I honestly slept right through 'news reporting KC dressed up like' a non existent person...:confused:

Was she spotted driving her car too?:waitasec:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Prettylaydie