2008.12.25 Is it a Book in the Woods?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
HOLD ON BEFORE YOU POST IT I AM GOING TO PUT THE BOOK TOGETHER
Hopefully that will help everyone see it better. I had to scan it page by page.

http://photobucket.com/cayleesbook

Thank you for posting the book plus the comparison with the page from the book in the woods. The bird/duck book is NOT the same book as you have clearly shown. Obviously, though, it was either by the same author/publisher or from the same publisher, different author.

Good for you.

The lamination definitely could have preserved the pages. We cleaned out my sister's house ten weeks after Katrina. She had many, many photo albums. While most were ruined, some were miraculously intact, depending on the quality of the plastic sleeves.

Isn't it also possible that the book and other belongings were in a plastic bag that was recently torn open by animals after the flood waters receded? If that's the case, the bag might very well have floated atop the water.

I can vouch for that. Having had the same experience, you wouldn't believe the stuff we found miraculously untouched right next to something totally ruined. And it didn't have to be laminated to be saved!

Could the smoking gun be that either Casey's or Caylee's name is written in the book? Especially damning if Casey's name is in it. Since those books were being published new in the 1980s, it could have belonged to Casey and Lee first, before being handed down to Caylee.

Thanks for those book scans!

However, I can't reconcile any of those pages (remember to look at two-page spreads) with the crime scene photo of what many think is "the book". I certainly agree that the coloration and whatnot look right, but none of the page spreads match up in my mind.

Does anyone think that they see a match between the crime scene photo and the book scans? If so, which pages and which orientation? (E.g. pages 4 and 5 oriented with the bottom of the book closest to the camera.)

I am trying to remember the crime scene photo, but if I remember correctly, if you were looking at the book with the cat's ears right side up, they would have been on the left side, which makes me think it's the last set of pages where the cat family is hugging. I remember thinking it looks very close to the pages from the Caylee video still, but the side of the page was wrong. Does anyone else see that?

The book Caylee is holding in the video is all about a kitten or kittens, the one in the woods has a large brownish bird in it. The kitten book doesn't have that bird. So I don't think it's the same book. I never heard LE say it was the same book, but have heard the news media make the comment.
I don't think it's the same book, either. The page in the crime scene photo looks like animals in a natural, outdoor setting. The Fuzzypaws cats are large, human-like characters with big facial expressions.

Funny, though, what you see as a large brownish bird looks like a feline in profile to me, a small tiger, maybe. I can see his tail curled around him. As I said earlier, the illustration looks like the toy tiger lying on the ground near the book.

But what do I know. LOL Where everyone else sees a black trash bag, all I see is a large, ghoulish "face". :crazy: Guess it's time for an eye exam.

I don't think it's the same book, either. The page in the crime scene photo looks like animals in a natural, outdoor setting. The Fuzzypaws cats are large, human-like characters with big facial expressions.

Funny, though, what you see as a large brownish bird looks like a feline in profile to me, a small tiger, maybe. I can see his tail curled around him. As I said earlier, the illustration looks like the toy tiger lying on the ground near the book.

But what do I know. LOL Where everyone else sees a black trash bag, all I see is a large, ghoulish "face". :crazy: Guess it's time for an eye exam.

Oh don't feel bad, I didn't see skulls, bags, pirate hats, or anything like that! I was starting to wonder the same thing!

OH, me too! I didn't want to embarrass myself but i keep seeing a weird ghostly skull rising up in the whitish mist above the book! (and it seems to be looking straight at me) I am just glad i am not the only one, lol!! These pics are like one of those inkblot tests!

Been there, too, kgeaux, but in 1965, none of our books were laminated like modern kids books.

I'm not sure just what's up with the objects in these photos. I DO think what I see is a page from a book, but not the Fuzzypaws book Caylee's reading in the video. Pretty sure I see a stuffed kitty (tiger?) nearby. As for the photo lying next to it that many see, well, all I can say is :waitasec:.

Betsy, Katrina. :rolleyes: Been there, done them both. :bang:

Stuffed animal? Photo? Yes, I see what appears to be a book, but where are the toy and photo? Are they near the book? These eyes are old, too, and I'm lucky I see the leaves, but can't figure out where the stuffed animal and photo could be. Help! Please!

To me, the "book" appears open, like we're seeing two pages with one partially not visible, instead of just the book's cover.

Here's a lightened copy of the crime scene pic. I'm thinking I see stripes under the white dot (orb) just above the "book". Is that the stuffed animal? Also, is the photo very near that area? Is it between the "animal" and the "book". or is it on the other side of the book's edge?

I'm so confused. Yes, I think this is why psychiatrists have fun doing those ink blot tests on patients. :crazy: And yes, if I look for a skull in this picture, I see skulls all over the place. :rolleyes:

Caylees_book_on_ground_color_crop_e.jpg

Edited to add this pick I had cropped for another thread. In this one, I do believe the "striped thing" could be what you say it is - it looks like a tiger, or at least the stripes look like tiger stripes. Yes, in this pic, it does appear to be the photo of a person, right next to the tiger and just above the book. Is that what you guys are seeing?

Caylees_book_on_ground_crop_lg.jpg

All: FWIW...I recommend letting this thread remain focused on the book.

There is already alot of work done on all the other stuff in the photos in "Crime Scene Photos #3" thread here: http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77477&page=6

On the page I linked to above you'll find highlighted photos pointing out the:
*stroller
*bag/backpack
*stuffed animal
*pages back on the thread comments on the pic next to the book.

Happy sleuthing!

Help, somebody help me out there.

I've been searching all the threads but don't see this...

In all the video stills of Caylee reading the book it's the wrong pages we see. In the video when Caylee TURNS THE PAGE it looks to me exactly like the book at the crime scene.

I can't do a screen capture on it.

Anyone?

Sorry my photo skills are pretty lousy, and I see different things every time I look at this, but when I flip the photo in NetDetective's post right now I think I see a monkey in a tree (at the top) It might help if you turn your head to the right lol:

epevkh.jpg

Sorry my photo skills are pretty lousy, and I see different things every time I look at this, but when I flip the photo in NetDetective's post right now I think I see a monkey in a tree (at the top) It might help if you turn your head to the right lol:

epevkh.jpg

lol.. I see it too.. made me think of Curious George book.

This has been driving me batty... everytime I look at the photo of the scene, I see different things.. I know there was a press report that said the book at the scene WAS the same as the one Caylee had at her great-grandfather's visit... so if that is true, then I think maybe some leaves, or pieces of bark are what some of us see as a duck or a monkey.

All: FWIW...I recommend letting this thread remain focused on the book.

There is already alot of work done on all the other stuff in the photos in "Crime Scene Photos #3" thread here: http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77477&page=6

On the page I linked to above you'll find highlighted photos pointing out the:
*stroller
*bag/backpack
*stuffed animal
*pages back on the thread comments on the pic next to the book.

Happy sleuthing!
I agree, Bond. Didn't mean to divert the focus of the thread. My apologies.

lol.. I see it too.. made me think of Curious George book.

This has been driving me batty... everytime I look at the photo of the scene, I see different things.. I know there was a press report that said the book at the scene WAS the same as the one Caylee had at her great-grandfather's visit... so if that is true, then I think maybe some leaves, or pieces of bark are what some of us see as a duck or a monkey.

You know If this book was not out of print I'd soak this book in water for a few months, toss it out on the ground in the rain for another few months, and see how many colors are left. I don't think any actual pictures will come off the page that was found. All the pictures and ink have run together, and possible been closed at one time, then opened again. Think about if your mail got wet, or a newspaper.... all you would see is black running ink. This does have a thin laminated cover on it, but soon would be destroyed in the elements. Just IMO.

I agree with the duplicate item theory. If they found Caylee's book and sheets and whatever at the crime scene, then they should be missing from the home. If they can prove Caylee had certain toys, etc. in pictures, they should be in her room, not her deathbed, unless Casey dumped them with her.

Interestingly,that particular book (in the nursing home video) has been out of print for a few years. It would not be so easy to replace, if that was someone's inclination. I suppose you could find it on ebay or a yard sale, but not so easy without a bit of effort.

According to the below link the book that was found in the woods is the book that Caylee was reading in the nursing home on June 15th 2008.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office
This undated photo shows missing girl Caylee Anthony reading a storybook police say they found in the woods near her family's

home.http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,472146,00.html

And if you think about it KC has not left any wiggle room to say that Zanny could have had that book..Her statement that the police have states she gave Caylee to the babysitter on June 9th, they gave her the opportunity to change her story and she told them that this was the story she was sticking with...So I would like to know how JB thinks he will wiggle around this, he will either have to say there was no nanny as we all know, or he will have to figure out how she got the book from the afternoon of the 15th to the evening of the 15th, cause I am sure the SA knows that Caylee never left the house alive after the evening of the 15th..

Book laminated info is on page 4 added later in the day... post #95

I haven't read through this whole post so forgive me if I am repeating info here...but doesn't Casey say this is the same book Caylee told her she was reading during the "fake phone call" she was describing to LE? Where she said Caylee was talking about her "books and shoes?" Casey, in this interview, told LE that this book was the same one she was seen in the video with. That made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

ok could someone help me to get my picture on here of the book found! "I believe" The entire page is a picture of a baby tiger The nose is in the middle there is something maybe a leaf covering one of the eyes you can see his ear and mouth its very clear!!!! I found this by shading in and out. I have it saved in my pics just don't know how to get it for you all to see! wow I'm excited to see what you think.

ok could someone help me to get my picture on here of the book found! "I believe" The entire page is a picture of a baby tiger The nose is in the middle there is something maybe a leaf covering one of the eyes you can see his ear and mouth its very clear!!!! I found this by shading in and out. I have it saved in my pics just don't know how to get it for you all to see! wow I'm excited to see what you think.
*bold by me*

Hi, shayj.

To post an image...
1) Open a photobucket account if you don't already have one...they're free
2) Load your image file to pb
3) After loading the image to pb it will give you, IIRC, ~4 link options
4) Place your cursor over over the link option that begins w/ "IMG, then right-click and it will copy the link
5) Create a post here and paste in the IMG link.

Hope that helps....others can add/subtract to improve or fix these instructions.

National Enquirer reporting it's same book as shown in nursing home video. (See Rumors Thread.)

thbookatcrimesceneenhanced-2-1.jpg

Thanks for the help Bond I hope this works! Do you see the tiger cub?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Askmetomorrow2
Back