2009.02.09 - The cousin that visited....

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Police confirm the FBI has talked to Joe. Croslin's father says he spoke to police about the teenager on Tuesday. "I was into the police station yesterday telling them everything. I hope I don't get in trouble for saying, but ya know. I don't know what else to do."

The First Coast News I-team has found Joe's myspace page. The last posting on his site is from February 22, 2009.

A friend by the name of Thomas told Joe, "Just go back down there and help find the lil girl it just might clear your name."

The Croslins say about two weeks before Haleigh disappeared, Joe and Haleigh's dad, Ronald Cummings, had an issue over a gun. "He stole Ronald's gun. One morning, on the porch, said, Ronald will get what's coming to him. It was dropped, he left and Haleigh was gone," says Lisa Croslin.

Police confirm they are investigating the information about the stolen gun.

A week and a half ago, when police were asked if Joe was a suspect police said, "The one in Tennessee? No, he is not at all."

But then later, police changed their comment to no one has been ruled in or out as a suspect.

"The way I understand it, they're not ruling them out. I don't want to get in trouble for things I say, I don't know. The police is doing their jobs," says Hank Croslin

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=132845&catid=3

----

Give me another minute..this was not exactley what I was looking for but it is something to start..lol

"Haleigh's paternal grandmother, Teresa Neves, said Croslin's cousin visited Putnam County days before Haleigh's disappearance. Neves said the cousin and Haleigh's dad, Ronald Cummings, got into a fight about a gun during that visit. She also said the cousin left town the same day Haleigh disappeared."

Ronald Cummings denies that fight ever happened

http://www.cbs12.com/news/haleigh-4714751-cummings-cousin.html

DotsEyes had transcribed it for us...Thankyou ! Here it is pulled from WS hope that is ok Dot...This is for the youtube video in above post.
---------------------------------------------------------

DotsEyes
Registered User Join Date: Aug 2008

MysticRose - thanks for the video clip. I transcribed it here:

Fox35 News report.

Female news anchor: In the news right now. The search for HaLeigh. Misty Croslin, the girlfriend of HaLeigh’s father, taken back to the police station today for questioning. Investigators appear to have problems with her story.

Male news anchor: And we also learning of an altercation between Croslin’s cousin and HaLeigh’s father and it involved a gun. Fox News 35 has everything you need to know in the search for HaLeigh. Shannon Butler’s live in Putnam County and to sort through this new information. Interesting stuff Shannon.

Shannon Butler on the scene: Yeah, Keith, it seems like an awful lot of things happened in that house before HaLeigh Cummings disappeared. Tonight, Ronald Cummings just dismissing it all; the cops holding it close to the chest; but family, friends and neighbors were happy to talk about it.

File footage and previously recorded report of Shannon's: MC was taken away by detectives today. Taken again for more questioning. More and more holes being poked in her story. Was she home the night HaLeigh was missing or not? A neighbor told me today she heard a woman yelling near or in this blue mobile home around 2:25 in the morning. The morning HaLeigh was discovered missing from her bedroom. The family also says that Cummings and Croslin might have been broken up before HaLeigh disappeared.
We asked Cummings if anything that happened in the weeks before could have led someone to take her. He wouldn’t talk about any of it.

Ron: I believe that any of that is personal and it has nothing to do with my daughter’s going missing and we need to just focus on my daughter going missing and not what’s going on in my life that. . . . . (sentence cut short)

Shannon : Tonight we have learned from Cummings’ family that Ronald Cummings had a fight with Croslin’s cousin from Tennessee over a gun a day or more before the little girl was reported missing. They say the gun was found in a ditch. Cummings denies it ever happened. Investigators confirm the cousin was visiting Croslin at the time of HaLeigh’s disappearance. That cousin is being closely looked at by Putnam County Investigators but they won’t say if anyone in her family is a person of interest or not.

Clip of press conference, reporter questions Sheriff Hardy:
“Did he leave town, this town, right after HaLeigh’s disappearance or was he in town during her disappearance? How can you put a timeline on it?”

Sheriff Hardy: “That question is directly related to our investigation, so please I can’t really say.”

Shannon: Now we have confirmed that the Department of Children and Families has been looking into allegations of abuse in that house hold. They will not tell us when or where or which person was accused of the abuse, they are not saying anything, all they will say is, in fact, they have been in there to look as those allegations. Now we have also learned that it is possible that Ronald Cummings may have another child. That is what family and friends told us tonight. Now, we asked the father that and he said “yes, it’s possible”.

YouTube - (Haleigh Cumming's) New tip points towards Tennessee

Thank you Mystic Rose. What I read is some one from the Cummings side is saying DAYS before and LE confirmed 2 weeks before, so my guess is Joe is the 2 weeks source and TN and Misty are saying days. So even if it is days before, if he traveled back 600 miles, I don't see him turning around and going back to get Haleigh. I also don't know if he is or is not a child predator because he has no record of that. We only have Misty's account of what happened. I am leaning away from Joe, but not ruling out Misty or someone close to the Tyler Street address. I say this because that transmission is telling me, the cops were there at the same time or they were talking to some one from that address about the last time she was seen. Misty's account doesn't fit. That is why they were looking out of State in the beginning; also the Tenn. sighting with FL tags. I think now the focus is somewhere else. I think they were thrown off course in the beginning. The missing item was another thing that lead them to believe it was a family abduction, because if it was a breathing machine, SO don't care about something to keep the child alive, family members do. I have always thought it wasn't there to begin with. So I am crossing off the cousin once and for all, but not Misty or another member of her circle. Can I say that? I am also ruling out Crystal and Ron...

Thank you Mystic Rose. What I read is some one from the Cummings side is saying DAYS before and LE confirmed 2 weeks before, so my guess is Joe is the 2 weeks source and TN and Misty are saying days. So even if it is days before, if he traveled back 600 miles, I don't see him turning around and going back to get Haleigh. I also don't know if he is or is not a child predator because he has no record of that. We only have Misty's account of what happened. I am leaning away from Joe, but not ruling out Misty or someone close to the Tyler Street address. I say this because that transmission is telling me, the cops were there at the same time or they were talking to some one from that address about the last time she was seen. Misty's account doesn't fit. That is why they were looking out of State in the beginning; also the Tenn. sighting with FL tags. I think now the focus is somewhere else. I think they were thrown off course in the beginning. The missing item was another thing that lead them to believe it was a family abduction, because if it was a breathing machine, SO don't care about something to keep the child alive, family members do. I have always thought it wasn't there to begin with. So I am crossing off the cousin once and for all, but not Misty or another member of her circle. Can I say that? I am also ruling out Crystal and Ron...

Bern.. Joe was there in the area he just happened to leave the same evening Haleigh went missing. So I dont know if I would cross him off just yet. We have not been able to get a definate time as to when he left .LE wouldnt speculate when asked because it was part of their investigation still havent heard. LE cleared him once and then renigged on the statement. It is my understanding that as soon as he got back to TN he lawyered up. I'll find the link about the lawyer.

Mysticrose, I am beginning to think the "gun" story is a red herring. It would be good if we knew where the gun really is.

Whisper,

I am thinking the same thing about the gun story. If it happened even a week prior it changes things. The way Misty presented it, the gun and the fight and the cousin being there were all the same weekend. Now we don't know for sure when all this occurred. He has staying with Misty's SIL, and brother. They would know what day he left. We don't know what was said that night by them. I also think that LE was sent to Tyler during a verbal conversation. In other words, when the cops got there, Misty may have told them to go to the brothers house. I find it strange they knew to be a Tyler as all this was going on. Some one pointed them in that direction. Misty may have only told the media later. We don't know. He is a concern IF he is a SO; but we don't know that. He could be under the radar or never caught. We don't know. The van being taken the same night and scratch, Misty talking about the blanket in it, and it being parked at Tyler tells me that this is the direction to start. We don't even know who ALL was staying there either.

Whisper,

I am thinking the same thing about the gun story. If it happened even a week prior it changes things. The way Misty presented it, the gun and the fight and the cousin being there were all the same weekend. Now we don't know for sure when all this occurred. He has staying with Misty's SIL, and brother. They would know what day he left. We don't know what was said that night by them. I also think that LE was sent to Tyler during a verbal conversation. In other words, when the cops got there, Misty may have told them to go to the brothers house. I find it strange they knew to be a Tyler as all this was going on. Some one pointed them in that direction. Misty may have only told the media later. We don't know. He is a concern IF he is a SO; but we don't know that. He could be under the radar or never caught. We don't know. The van being taken the same night and scratch, Misty talking about the blanket in it, and it being parked at Tyler tells me that this is the direction to start. We don't even know who ALL was staying there either.
The way Misty presented it, the gun and the fight and the cousin being there were all the same weekend. Now we don't know for sure when all this occurred.

Misty presented this story?Can you please tell me exactly what she said and when.Did they ever find this gun?Do you know where?Did they check in this area the gun was found with Cadaver dogs for Haleigh.

The Croslins say about two weeks before Haleigh disappeared, Joe and Haleigh's dad, Ronald Cummings, had an issue over a gun. "He stole Ronald's gun. One morning, on the porch, said, Ronald will get what's coming to him. It was dropped, he left and Haleigh was gone," says Lisa Croslin.

Police confirm they are investigating the information about the stolen gun.
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=132845&catid=3

GRACE: Back to Teresa, the grandmother of little Haleigh. What have you heard about an alleged argument regarding a gun? That gun later found in the ditch?

TERESA NEVES, GRANDMOTHER OF MISSING 5-YR-OLD, HALEIGH CUMMINGS: There was a gun that was found in the ditch. There was no fight. The gun incident was two weeks before Haleigh`s disappearance.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/20/ng.01.html

Neves is talking about Misty Croslin’s cousin. Misty is the 17-year-old girlfriend of Haleigh Cumming’s father Ronald Cummings. She said the man came to visit Misty’s family a few weeks before Haleigh disappeared. During that time, Neves said the man stole a gun from Cummings’ home. That gun was taken back when Neves said her son confronted the man about taking the weapon.
“There was no fight. There was an incident between him and a cousin. It happened two weeks before (Haleigh was abducted),” she said.
http://www.cbs47.com/mostpopular/sto...5S_7_x17A.cspx

Thank you busylady.Do you know where the gun was found in the ditch.I'm not totally ruling out the cousin.But he is not high on my list.I'm starting to believe MC had a reason for everything she has said.

I don't know the location of where the gun was found. JO is still on my hinky meter but not extremely high.

Thank you busylady.Do you know where the gun was found in the ditch.I'm not totally ruling out the cousin.But he is not high on my list.I'm starting to believe MC had a reason for everything she has said.

Misty and TN both spoke about the gun, yet RC denies it. I have not seen this discussed by the people that believe they are all truthful.

Here is an example that someone is not telling the truth. Misty and TN both say the cousin was there. Now, they either WANT him there or they are lying. But if they are telling the truth, then RC is lying.

Point is.....Figure out who is being truthful and why the other would lie.

This is why the entire story falls apart with this group and they are under suspicion.

This cousin appears to be a very bad player. But so does Misty! She has accused him of "messing with her" and led people to believe he was a pedophile....not nice.
They were BOTH young when this messing around happened, yet, she spoke like ONLY she was young. She mislead the public.....and not the first and only time.

This cousin appears to be a very bad player. But so does Misty! She has accused him of "messing with her" and led people to believe he was a pedophile....not nice.
They were BOTH young when this messing around happened, yet, she spoke like ONLY she was young. She mislead the public.....and not the first and only time.
---------
IIRC, at the very beginning Ron mentioned that he had a 9MM and that he would shoot through the back glass of LE's car if they had the perp in the backseat. I haven't heard anything about LE finding a weapon during the investigation of the MH. Have you read or heard?

Nope! nothing about guns or drugs....guess he didn't have either............or are they just not saying.

Nope! nothing about guns or drugs....guess he didn't have either............or are they just not saying.

Or it was put away in a place where LE wouldn't search, before their arrival........ (the cabinets banging in the back ground of the 911 tape, that is what it sounded like to me, i am sure they weren't searching for HC in the cabinets)

BBM :)

ITA..... maybe this was another way to get the focus off of herself and RC.

and i have to be honest, and this is MO, i am not too sure how true MC's story about the cousin and this is the reason. First and foremost, is why is there still a relationship with this cousin? i understand this is family, but at the same time, he would not be welcomed in my home, no matter who was/is there..

I'm not a believer in the "my cousin molested me" story, either. I would think the whole family would've disowned him. And I certainly couldn't see MC inviting him into her house with those children if it had happened. Or RC allowing it. But, who knows with this family . . . .

My guts tell me if LE thought he was involved with Haleigh vanishing....he would be the easiest one to rule in/out. On that basis, I have to say he is not a suspect. It is possible, for some reason, LE wants Misty and Ron to think he is, thus the reason for putting him back into the mix after he was cleared.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maryopanda
Back