2009.02.17 New Tip: Misty May Not have Been Home

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope police can somehow confirm or deny this because, in my opinion, this makes a lot of sense.

I had mentioned early on that LE should check security cams at local conv. stores, incase it was something as simple as her going to get smokes or something.

If M was away from the home, who was she with, what was she doing? Did she have a car to drive, could she have walked somewhere or did someone pick her up? If someone knew she was going to be out of the trailer, they could have then planned to go there knowing the children were alone. No need to worry about turning a light on and leaving it on since no adults to worry about. It is very important to know the truth of just who would know M was gone. imo this trailer was not picked at random.

VB

I thought she said around 3 pm but it was quick so don't make that in stone. I am getting the feeling that Misty is more afraid of Ron's repercussions than anything. I still don't think she harmed Haleigh but was irresponsible. She isn't the brightest bulb and I think LE could have broke her by now if she had harmed the child.
I too believe she did something which led to Haleigh being missing, not necessarily that she herself harmed Haleigh. The "tip" that she wasn't home all the time could be she went outside, walked around, and left the door unlocked. Maybe she even walked the short distance down to her brother's house and left the kids in the house because they were already asleep? It wouldn't take the perp very long to go in and snatch Haleigh if he knew she was in there and no adults were home. MOO

This would explain why the kitchen light was on and the back door was open? If the kids were left alone, how would Haleigh get that back door opened? Why wouldn't she go out the front door? I understand leaving something-cinder block- to keep the door open if she was afraid she couldn't get back in. IS it possible she wandered out looking for Misty and either ran into a somebody or something... ? I hate to even let my mind wander there...

If a perp took her from the home, why wouldn't rj have seen or heard something? Wouldnt' he tell his mamma Misty wasn't home and Haleigh went to look for her? Why wouldn't Haleigh to the friends/family that live so close? IS it that dark in this trailer park there are no 'street lights' or at least lawn type lights one might see in a multi housing community?

They done the ground search.... so if Haleigh wandered out and got lost someone would have found her no?

Prayers for little Haleigh.
Another theory I am stewing over is that Misty propped the door open so that she could "be" with whoever it was she was with (I'd like to know what is behind the trailer, as in who lives back there) and she kept it open so that she could see if Ron came down the driveway, or road, and she could run back in, and act like she had been there. She may be able to see headlights from a good distance, I dont know that, but Id like to.

Maybe there was a meeting place back there a'la KC Anthony's neighborhood, and thus LE saying they found items during the search, like maybe ciggies and liquor bottles, etc. Ron wouldnt want people in his house probably when he was at work, and maybe people congregated back there somewhere.............

I have thought from the beginning that Misty wasn't home when Haleigh went missing. :mad: And if it's true...to keep the lie going all this time! :banghead:

You know I have a newspaper box just around the corner from my house, it takes me less than 5 minutes to walk to it, get a paper and come back home and yet when my nieces sleep over, I do without the paper. I love my paper in the morning, but while my nieces are there sleeping, I don't even run out to get the paper! I know it isn't confirmed yet that Misty wasn't there, but I don't doubt it for a second.

and--- she would have been looking for headlights, not a person, and may have missed the intruder...JMO

Another theory I am stewing over is that Misty propped the door open so that she could "be" with whoever it was she was with (I'd like to know what is behind the trailer, as in who lives back there) and she kept it open so that she could see if Ron came down the driveway, or road, and she could run back in, and act like she had been there. She may be able to see headlights from a good distance, I dont know that, but Id like to.

Maybe there was a meeting place back there a'la KC Anthony's neighborhood, and thus LE saying they found items during the search, like maybe ciggies and liquor bottles, etc. Ron wouldnt want people in his house probably when he was at work, and maybe people congregated back there somewhere.............
I've seen the close up video of the house, but not what's immediately around it, such as the road leading up to it and how far it is from other houses. That's one thing I'd be interested in too. The one thing I did notice is the woods surrounding it look very dense. MOO

I think this is really what happened ... look at the quote in the article:

"I didn't make it to the bathroom. I seen the kitchen light on and I walked in the kitchen and the back door is wide open," Croslin told Channel 4's Laura Mazzeo. "I go in the room and she's gone. And that's all I know. When I went to bed she was there and then when I got up and she was gone."

These are key phrases - she sounds like she was coming in from somewhere else, out drinking at bro's place, had to use the bathroom but saw the kitchen light on or something else awry and instead of going into the bedroom where the bathroom and kids are, she proceeds to the kitchen and then notices the door open. It is only then that she goes to the bedroom.

She is totally hiding something, IMO.

OMG! I just had an idea! WHAT IF, before sneaking out to go visit friends or whatever, Misty locks the front door and then goes out the back and put the cinder block agaisnt the screen door JUST IN CASE the kids wake up and try to leave! If this is a habit she may have had the block stashed for just this purpose.

Tip schmip.
Wonder if someone local was reading on WS and decided to run with it...:waitasec:

ITA.. that is why we must be RESPONSIBLE sleuthers.

Calling in and saying you "think" that MC might have been out is NOT RESPONSIBLE. Calling in with your "dream" about MC not being there is NOT RESPONSIBLE.

Having been and eye witness to her leaving the house or being a local resident who "might" have seen her walking on the road between houses during the time frame IS RESPONSIBLE.

During this hard economic times the government can afford to be chasing down "Thoughts and Dreams." Please do not call in unless you have a "lead" that has some kind of teeth in it.
Ex: family connection to SO and times and dates and photos. Or ACTUAL SIGHTING.

Sorry.. I will head to the rant...:confused:

ITA.. that is why we must be RESPONSIBLE sleuthers.

Calling in and saying you "think" that MC might have been out is NOT RESPONSIBLE. Calling in with your "dream" about MC not being there is NOT RESPONSIBLE.

Having been and eye witness to her leaving the house or being a local resident who "might" have seen her walking on the road between houses during the time frame IS RESPONSIBLE.

During this hard economic times the government can afford to be chasing down "Thoughts and Dreams." Please do not call in unless you have a "lead" that has some kind of teeth in it.
Ex: family connection to SO and times and dates and photos. Or ACTUAL SIGHTING.

Sorry.. I will head to the rant...:confused:

It just really bugs me that this "tip" came in a week later...really bugs me...

Just listened to the 991 call.
She wasn't there when H was taken.
Alot of posters think she's on drugs becuase she pauses so much when the 911 operator asks her a question.
She's doing that because she's making up what she says.

I just do not understand how these kids can just disappear without a trace????? Nobody knows a thing! These events must be LE's worst nightmare!!:banghead:

Somebody had that little Angel! Somebody knows something! I am surprised that RJ has not taken things into his own hands. I would not want to be on th opposite side of his wrath and temper....

Yes, I am surprised that Misty has not cracked under LE's pressure. She know and only she knows of the events that lead up to Haleigh's disappearance...

And I wonder how RC is taking this news story??? I, myself who be very mad and I am not even related to Haleigh. I can't even imagine a father's reaction.....Has be rung her neck yet?

Snipped for space...I wonder if he doesn't already know. I have thought from the beginning that he was not involved, but I have seen others who believe that he was and he set off their hinky meter. I wonder if what they are sensing is what I was sensing tonight when I heard him asking her how she could get his daughter stolen. I can't help but wonder if he already knew she wasn't home and because of her age and the legal issues with that and the fact that there were already custody issues before, did they circle the wagons and both agree she was home?

It just really bugs me that this "tip" came in a week later...really bugs me...

It could have came in on day one or day two if they had five hundred tips within the first few days. I am sure it takes time to sort through them and prioritize them to follow up on. On top of interviews, searching, knocking on neighbors doors, locating and checking out SO's etc....

If it's true, it might explain a lot of things ~ starting with the unlocked door and why her story has changed a few times. MOO
Yes. If a predator had been watching/following her habits, he might have known when the time to strike would be.

I still can't figure the door propped open, though, in that case.

I think she didn't lock the door. Maybe she was out earlier and came home, forgot to lock the door, and the door then was propped open by the perp for a quick exit.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back