2009.02.24 Nancy Grace

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mention of hole in floor.
Couey had cut a hole in the closet floor of his bedroom, crawled with the abducted child in a trash bag to under the back deck and proceeded to bury her alive there.
I do believe LE has lots of possible evidence.
You know this has to be so difficult for them to know about cases like JL's and the similarities. The things that must run through their thoughts and the horrors of what could have happened to Haleigh. It would be so maddening. I don't know how they are coping at all. :(

I thought that part was quite chilling. I hadn't even considered that the perp would know or think that JR could recognize him and hence put JR in danger. The way Grandma said it kind of implied that JR knows and told investigators more...

bingo... and according to my theory ... i think that the person that told the world that her son could identify the "man" or "man in black"...said it to put the word out to that person that the boy could identify...it all makes sense to me :snooty:

Crow is in a big ole fry-o-lator, there's enough to go around too, as I'm sure we'll all be feasting one way or another before this is all said and done! LOL!
Like I said before, crow isn't so bad with vino. ;) I have eaten it many times and will again around here, I am sure! LOL

bingo... and according to my theory ... i think that the person that told the world that her son could identify the "man" or "man in black"...said it to put the word out to that person that the boy could identify...it all makes sense to me :snooty:
And it horrified the other grandmother (TN) that his own mother would put his life at risk by doing so.

I'm wondering along with you. I'm glad TN repeated again tonight the sleeping arrangement in the bedroom and did place Haleigh in the room with Jr. and Misty. At some point there'd been some confusion if Haleigh could've been in another room. Putting Haleigh's bed 3 ft. from where Misty was, well, the perp must have been very quiet even on those squeaky floors! MOO

I missed the first broadcast of NG tonight as I was at the vet with a very sick cat. I watched the re-broadcast and when TN described the sleeping arrangement, my thought at the time was that whoever the intruder was, he would have to know the arrangement of the beds in that bedroom.

How did the person know that Haleigh slept in the toddler bed and not the youngest, RJ????

Caller asking about Jr. describing man in black. Nancy asks TN if Jr. was in bed with Haleigh. No, Haleigh was in her own bed about 3 ft. away from where Jr. and Misty were sleeping. TN feels her grandson is in danger because of information out there that he can identify the perp.

Yea, Chrystal should have kept her mouth shut about that.

And it horrified the other grandmother (TN) that his own mother would put his life at risk by doing so.

u see what im sayin though? you and i seem to have the same thoughts on this whole matter... so what do you think bout my comment?

basically, the bio mom throws that info out on national tv...maybe to give a "heads up" to the perp (whom i personally think her family knows).. think bout it...they can't really contact the person or anything bc im sure LE would be on that like white on rice...

u see what im sayin though? you and i seem to have the same thoughts on this whole matter... so what do you think bout my comment?

basically, the bio mom throws that info out on national tv...maybe to give a "heads up" to the perp (whom i personally think her family knows).. think bout it...they can't really contact the person or anything bc im sure LE would be on that like white on rice...
I know you werent asking me, but I think you may be giving too much credit to a vinditive woman who has inner shame and guilt about the absence from her childrens life and is taking every chance she gets to throw accusations and allegations around to make herself look/feel better. JMO

I think this idea is 'STELLAR SLEUTHING' on both your parts. When I read it my mouth dropped open and my eyes did start to bug out!

And I might add the thought of it p*ss*s me off to no end.

I definitely see what you're saying, but I just don't see the Sheffield's having the ... (searching for word...) "energy" to bother with any elaborate schemes. To much "work" for them, if you know what I mean.

I know you werent asking me, but I think you may be giving too much credit to a vinditive woman who has inner shame and guilt about the absence from her childrens life and is taking every chance she gets to throw accusations and allegations around to make herself look/feel better. JMO

maybe so...but why say something like that when it definitely puts your other child in danger? she could have easily said "we have a witness that saw a man in black"...not "jr says he saw a man in black take his sissy"...

I think this idea is 'STELLAR SLEUTHING' on both your parts. When I read it my mouth dropped open and my eyes did start to bug out!

And I might add the thought of it p*ss*s me off to no end.

you and me both scandi... i will be woman enuff to admit my faults if i am wrong but some of the things that have been said and the actions of the bio mom's family leave me scratching my head... you can read my theory on the thread for "theories" lol

I missed the first broadcast of NG tonight as I was at the vet with a very sick cat. I watched the re-broadcast and when TN described the sleeping arrangement, my thought at the time was that whoever the intruder was, he would have to know the arrangement of the beds in that bedroom.

How did the person know that Haleigh slept in the toddler bed and not the youngest, RJ????

When I think of it in those terms I give more credance to the possibility that Misty wasn't there, as much as I don't want to believe that.

I definitely see what you're saying, but I just don't see the Sheffield's having the ... (searching for word...) "energy" to bother with any elaborate schemes. To much "work" for them, if you know what I mean.

I totally understand that too...I don't THINK that any of them are quite smart enough to pull it all off but what if it was just a "simple scare" that turned bad. Maybe they thought that RC would just call CS and accuse her and say..."yep! i took my child out of that house without you knowing because NO ONE WAS HOME with her"... when that didnt happen, the plot thickened. ***Remember JS lives in Satsuma...***

Hi!

From what I understand from reading what the landlord said, RC specifically wanted a larger trailer so his kids could have rooms to themselves. I've read some speculate that maybe due to his working night shift, and Haleigh's fear of the dark, that the kids may have been moved to their room temporarily.

I kinda think, and this is just my opinion, that somebody, somewhere along the way had made a threat to do some harm to RC's family...which would explain the kids sharing a bedroom with them, and it would explain RC's belief that someone stole his daughter during the 911 call....

hope that makes sense...

Maybe they had been using a portable space heater and everyone slept in one room. The AC guy had been out that day, late, and maybe they didn't feel like putting the bed back in the other room.

maybe so...but why say something like that when it definitely puts your other child in danger? she could have easily said "we have a witness that saw a man in black"...not "jr says he saw a man in black take his sissy"...

I think the Sheffield's are egocentric. The world is only about them and their needs and wants. I don't think it extends out to JR or his safety. I think that's pretty evident in her myspace comment "taking care of my beautiful baby and the other brats". Crystal doesn't view RJ as part of her world, unfortunately.

Maybe they had been using a portable space heater and everyone slept in one room. The AC guy had been out that day, late, and maybe they didn't feel like putting the bed back in the other room.

Or...maybe a window unit that provides heat (temporarily). Maybe they had it in that room because it was big enough for all to sleep in until the AC/heat got fixed.

Living in hurricane country, I know all about those window units. When the power goes out, we put in the window units & run a generator so we can at least keep cool. Most of the window units provide air and/or heat.

Yes. I see exactly what you are saying. It could go back to Crystal first saying she thought this was a "prank" and sending her dad over to make sure it wasn't.

What if someone did set it up, but it went horribly wrong because the person wasn't actually supposed to take Haleigh?

Good point..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members