2009.02.27 - Lee's Deposition - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Lee truly believes everything his sister told him about ZFG, and he believes that ZFG has a key to the Anthony home, I would have loved to hear him answer this question: "If you believe ZFG, who obviously is a VERY dangerous individual, had a key to your parents home, and she had threatened to harm or kill the entire family, including you, why did you not ask your sister why she didn't warn Mom & Dad to have the locks changed on the house? She only gave out this piece of information after she was jailed, and STILL did not advise them to change locks. Are you still worried about your and your parents' safety?"

LA does not have the demeanor of someone who is grief-stricken over the murder of his beloved neice and worried over the danger the entire family could still be in. His demeanor was of someone who was in a job interview and not taking the interview seriously at that. The laughing really was a turn-off. Gag.

Brilliant question about whether the A's ever feared enough for their own lives that one, KC would beg her parents to change the locks (especially, during the time while she's there out on bail) and two, they would change them just for the welfare of any of the A's even when KC returned to jail.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrr, just maybe they actually decided against that idea so that ZFG would have a way back in to return little Caylee after she finished teaching KC that lesson.

The more you watch it, the worse it gets. I guess they did try to prepare. He was clearly trying to be as vague as possible, to leave room to say something different later. He's asked to name one person he spoke to in his parallel investigation multiple times, and he can only respond "tons." He has notes that could refresh his faulty, confused memory, but he leaves those at home. He's a skin-crawlingly bad witness.

On the CA topic, I really feel the need to say that, such as they are, she got all the brains in the family. As far as impeding the investigation, just because you are not wholly successful doesn't mean you didn't try. That isn't the test. I could make an attempt to wash the evidence out of clothes, THEN volunteer them to LE. I could bleach and clean a knife and then do the same. So what? I don't know that she did every single one of her questionable post-smell-of-dead-body-in-car activities to obstruct LE, but I don't think it's out of line to be suspicious. In Casey's case, just buying time beyond the 31 days, for evidence to further erode or for the remains to decompose, could be very helpful to Casey. Why give LE a receipt from Casey's stolen CC shopping spree when you can make them work for it instead, take hours away from other things to subpoena your records. She does not ever come across to me as an innocent bumbler. I hope the plaintiff's lawyers actually prepare for her deposition - really prepare.

I agree. Just because one isn't successful at being devious doesn't mean they are free from being regarded as such.

It troubles me when I hear LA speak of the approx. $150 in cash CA took out of KC's wallet while the detective wasn't watching (in addition to her JCP Card - at least). CA reportedly put the money in her pocket and made the flip remark, "It's probably mine anyway". Seems to me that money could be anyone's, and CA knows that much about her daughter! Not only that, but those cash bills (like KC's receipts) could have held evidenciary value based on something as benign as their sequence numbers, or they could have had evidence on them, like.....anything!

My point is we'll never know now because CA, according to her own son, took it upon herself to confiscate contents from a piece of evidence with no regard as to what it might mean to the case. I don't even think she had the right to remove her own CC from KC's wallet prior to clearing it with LE. CA apparently doesn't see it that way, and that is where I disagree with her about her level of honesty and integrity to assist LE in locating her "missing" granddaughter.

I agree. Just because one isn't successful at being devious doesn't mean they are free from being regarded as such.

It troubles me when I hear LA speak of the approx. $150 in cash CA took out of KC's wallet while the detective wasn't watching (in addition to her JCP Card - at least). CA reportedly put the money in her pocket and made the flip remark, "It's probably mine anyway". Seems to me that money could be anyone's, and CA knows that much about her daughter! Not only that, but those cash bills (like KC's receipts) could have held evidenciary value based on something as benign as their sequence numbers, or they could have had evidence on them, like.....anything!

My point is we'll never know now because CA, according to her own son, took it upon herself to confiscate contents from a piece of evidence with no regard as to what it might mean to the case. I don't even think she had the right to remove her own CC from KC's wallet prior to clearing it with LE. CA apparently doesn't see it that way, and that is where I disagree with her about her level of honesty and integrity to assist LE in locating her "missing" granddaughter.

I actually could see myself doing the same thing (taking the cash) if I had a daughter who had a history of stealing $$$ from me BUT, definitely not in light of the fact that my Caylee was missing for 31 days!!!! Definitely not. :no:

And not to mention the fact of the stank that I had just smelled in the trunk...geez!

Why didn't J. Kasen show up for the depo?

I'm bothered by Lee's depo. I think it was legally unnecessary and because of that, some of what he said (I haven't read the whole thing, only heard highlights) was offensive to me logically and ethically. I don't think any of the Anthony's should have to give depo's on this to after Casey's trial. I think Zenaida has a case but that case has to wait as the criminal trial should take precedence over everything. Nothing should compromise it. Because of that, I think Lee should have taken his parent's route. For him to say he believes everything she has said is totally unnecessary and doesn't help anyone and does in fact make me think less of him.

If Lee truly believes everything his sister told him about ZFG, and he believes that ZFG has a key to the Anthony home, I would have loved to hear him answer this question: "If you believe ZFG, who obviously is a VERY dangerous individual, had a key to your parents home, and she had threatened to harm or kill the entire family, including you, why did you not ask your sister why she didn't warn Mom & Dad to have the locks changed on the house? She only gave out this piece of information after she was jailed, and STILL did not advise them to change locks. Are you still worried about your and your parents' safety?"

LA does not have the demeanor of someone who is grief-stricken over the murder of his beloved neice and worried over the danger the entire family could still be in. His demeanor was of someone who was in a job interview and not taking the interview seriously at that. The laughing really was a turn-off. Gag.
Yes, ITA, this IS the point, or atleast one of them. The Anthony's are obviously going with the ZG story, Lee's depo sealed the deal. All of the normal behavior that one would expect from a family in this situation, is absent ! If you think there is a killer out there stealing little girls in broad daylight from their mother's and you believe that killer holds a key to your home...keep in mind that this is a VERY dangerous individual we have here, anyone under these circumstances would be scared to death, they would be angry as he** that their innocent daughter was sitting in jail taking the blame for this killer's actions ! But, we don't see any of this behavior, we see a family that is worried about what might be said so they don't visit their "innocent" daughter in jail for months on end, we see a family that has not once begged the public, LE, to find the REAL killer responsible for Caylee's death. IF the Anthony's really believed anyone was responsible for Caylee's abduction and murder besides their daughter, there would be a whole different set of behaviors being exhibited, we see NONE of that.

I agree..After seeing LA laugh and take KC's side I have lost all respect or hope for him. Nerves? I don't think so.... O.k. so why aren't they trying to find the real killer then? I need another doc dump!!!

I think Lee made a mistake and put himself in a VERY difficult situation for trial. If he believes everything his sister has told him and she's a proven liar and Lee knows it, the Prosecution is going to make him look totally stupid and perhaps guilty of something himself. He's obviously not credible. IMO it is just going to make Casey look worse that her family has to try so hard to cover for her still. They look to be hiding something. If he comes back to the "I HAVE to believe..." then it looks just as silly. He'll be made to explain what he means by that; threatened by whom? And then if the only evidence of threat comes from the known liar well, it's just dumb.
It smells to high Heaven! I'm beginning to think Lee is hiding something. I gave the family a break but this really made me go HMMMMMM

Lee gets absolutely 0 speaker points. I thought it was kind of comical when asked who he spoke to in his investigative work...tons of people, I have hundreds of friends, my sister has hundreds of friends...

BET those friends don't number in the hundreds now......

Did LA have A N Y T H I N G to say ~ ?????????

It seems like he just kept saying ~ "KC SAID ' blah~ Blah~ B L A H !' "

LA said " KC SAID """" and I BELIEVE KC ! ! !" that is

* A * L * L * that LA said....

he KNOWS Nothing.... only what KC TOLD HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

E N O U GH ~~~~ ALREADY !!!!! E N O U G H !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JMO
jjgram

makes me ill !!!:twocents::sick::sick::sick:

Do you have knowledge of whether the A's discussed this with Casey? Perhaps they did, and she refused.
At the time, Cindy Anthony's stated reason for not looking for "the kidnapper" or doing anything regarding "the kidnapper" involved a vague explanation that Caylee's life could be endangered by any inquiry into "the kidnapper". Cindy also suggested to her own mother via email that "a lot of facts" about Caylee's "kidnapping" were known to Cindy that couldn't be disclosed right now for the same reason -- endangering Caylee's life. Critically, Cindy has not come forward with the "facts" she supposedly had (which she suggested at the time, exonerated Casey). Now that the reason for not disclosing this supposed "information" is no longer valid (Caylee is in fact dead), new "reasons" are suggested for why Cindy won't disclose the supposed information on the kidnapper -- the Anthonys don't like how law enforcement is handling the case (a quote from Cindy when asked by LE if they could just start over again and Cindy would tell them what she knows, "No - you guys blew it.") Or...there is "no immunity", etc. Always something.

:clap::clap::clap:
Excellent question. Excellent. If Morgan doesn't ask him that question in the follow up depo, I certainly the prosecution will in the trial. :clap::clap::clap:

I saw clips of the video deposition and I just can't believe how many times this guy laughed, how many times it seemed like he didn't care and the entire thing was a joke. How he seemed like he was rubbing false statements in their face - he really didn't seem to give a crap. Also, I can't believe how childish he behaved.

I have zero hope for this family.

I agree..After seeing LA laugh and take KC's side I have lost all respect or hope for him. Nerves? I don't think so.... O.k. so why aren't they trying to find the real killer then? I need another doc dump!!!

I could use a good dump.

Did LA have A N Y T H I N G to say ~ ?????????

It seems like he just kept saying ~ "KC SAID ' blah~ Blah~ B L A H !' "

LA said " KC SAID """" and I BELIEVE KC ! ! !" that is

* A * L * L * that LA said....

he KNOWS Nothing.... only what KC TOLD HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

E N O U GH ~~~~ ALREADY !!!!! E N O U G H !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JMO
jjgram

makes me ill !!!:twocents::sick::sick::sick:

All I'm hearing is "absolutely. Oh, absolutely."

Just. like. Casey.

I'm just listening to part 5 now. OMG.. I had hopes for Lee up until this deposition.

Remember back when KC was first arrested and Lee talked to her and said she better stop lying and hurting mom, dad, etc? I'd like to know what happened since then. When did he decide that KC's lying is OK and he'll cover for her? This deposition is an abomination.

Can anyone explain to me "I'll object for the record, but go ahead and answer the question."

Brilliant question about whether the A's ever feared enough for their own lives that one, KC would beg her parents to change the locks (especially, during the time while she's there out on bail) and two, they would change them just for the welfare of any of the A's even when KC returned to jail.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrr, just maybe they actually decided against that idea so that ZFG would have a way back in to return little Caylee after she finished teaching KC that lesson.

And another question I have is "WTH lesson for doing what? What did Zanny know about KC that we don't? "you have been a bad, bad, bad girl and now I'm gonna teach you a lesson." WTH is that about?

All I'm hearing is "absolutely. Oh, absolutely."

Just. like. Casey.

I'm just listening to part 5 now. OMG.. I had hopes for Lee up until this deposition.

Remember back when KC was first arrested and Lee talked to her and said she better stop lying and hurting mom, dad, etc? I'd like to know what happened since then. When did he decide that KC's lying is OK and he'll cover for her? This deposition is an abomination.

When he realized Caylee was dead. He can do nothing to help her. Now his focus is on KC.

A always, JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member