2009.02.28 Geraldo at Large

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the court papers it says Ron has the final say if Crystal even gets to visit the children, so I imagine Ron can put whatever restrictions he wants on her.

The visitation is court ordered. he'd have to take her back to court to impose any restrictions that aren't in the court order.
He can't deny her visitation for whatever reason he chooses.

Maybe we read different orders, can you provide a link to the one that states he can put whatever restrictions he wants on her including not allowing her to see her children ?

i only saw one quick shot. my back is to the tv. could be anyones child.
geraldo just said ron was high when he interviewed him last week.

lol, good thing for him if he was!
His ability to react physically, and emotionally being slowed, would have probably saved him from an assault charge.
oh btw, it's......

OK, maybe Crystal wasn't paid for her interview per se, but there is the "abuse" photo of Haliegh owned by Crystal's mother and Geraldo made good use of that tonight...and the Christmas video...and I think Geraldo also had a few new photos of Haleigh tonight. I wonder how much she got for "liscensing" for those?

I would be just as furious if Ron had done the interview. There is no reason to put a 4 yr old on tv, showing his face. We do not know what happened to Haleigh and by Crystal putting JR on tv she is putting him in danger imo.

I do not think LE would set up an interview like this and risk the safety of a child. I am not sure Crystal has joint custody, it is up to Ron to even say if Crystal can have visitation or not. If I were him I would pull visitation in a heartbeat, you do not use a child they way she has done.

Boy you guys are brutal on Crystal. First of, Fox, 20/20, Dateline, LKL, etc. do not pay for interviews. They may pay for hotels, transportation, and liscensing fees for photos, but that's it. Crystal did not collect a Kings Ransom for that interview.

Second of all, its Junior who could be embelleshing the story. All week he is surrounding by adults who most likely talk about this case. He's picking up on what he hears, and adds more details. By next week it could be two suamari robed men brandishing swords that wisked his sissy away.

Thirdly, I bet this interview was run by LE and they had no objection.

Lastly, Misty and Ron are playing the silent game, neither is going to crack. Its going to take Crystal to unlodge Ron out of that trailor and start talking.

Crystal has joint custody of Junior, she did not need Ron's permission to do this show. Would you all be saying the same things if it was Ron in Crystal's place?

moo

I think she's just doing this,because she knows how broken down Ron is and she's got the upper hand after the Geraldo show last week,so she thinks.Monday will be interesting,though.They should take the search dogs to where her family do the dog fights and hunting or camping and not cadaver dogs.With the water right there,they could have taken her anywhere,but it would have to belong to someone they know.

That goes for me too. I am new to this whole message board thing so I need some guidance as well...
No problem myshell, we all are new at one point or another.

Don't be offended or hurt if you ever see something you post was against TOS, that's just a MODS job, nothing more.

Jumping back on here to say that I just finished watching Geraldo again and did not see white leather furniture. Thought I would come back and say I was wrong!!!!!

Quote from article in local news tonight:
"He point-blank told us: 'We have no clues,'" Marie Griffis, Haleigh's material grandmother, said about the family's latest briefing from a Putnam County investigator.
(http://www.news4jax.com/news/18819357/detail.html)

but I thought it was a "black man"
seems to me from what Geraldo said about the ratio of African Americans in Putnam co., LE could have interviewed each one within the past 3 weeks especially is he is one of Ronald's friends. I do not like that they brought race into this when there is no proof. Children do not look at these things the same way...my niece called my granny the black granny because she had black hair and her other grandma had blonde hair...(she was 5)

Boy you guys are brutal on Crystal. First of, Fox, 20/20, Dateline, LKL, etc. do not pay for interviews. They may pay for hotels, transportation, and liscensing fees for photos, but that's it. Crystal did not collect a Kings Ransom for that interview.

Second of all, its Junior who could be embelleshing the story. All week he is surrounding by adults who most likely talk about this case. He's picking up on what he hears, and adds more details. By next week it could be two suamari robed men brandishing swords that wisked his sissy away.

Lastly, Misty and Ron are playing the silent game, neither is going to crack. Its going to take Crystal to unlodge Ron out of that trailor and start talking.She just played her hand again.

Crystal has joint custody of Junior, she did not need Ron's permission to do this show. Would you all be saying the same things if it was Ron in Crystal's place?

moo

Who I talked to didn't know,but it wasn't detectives.I hope they were called.And if it was Ron putting Jr on tv like that,I would be just as angry,but Ron wouldn't,hasn't and Crystal not one time asked for Haleigh to be brought back and tell her she loved her,nothing,no tears,nothing.

At one point we were trying to determine if GR had put her up in a hotel for the interview. If the furniture was on a myspace pic then the answer would be no hotel

Ha-ha-ha! White leather furniture... in a hotel... in Putnam County. That's pretty darned funny. [And yes, I'm a local, and I'm related to 2 local hotel owners.]

Maybe my friends and neighbors and I are as crazy as loons and dumb as doornails, but not a single one has EVER mentioned Haleigh's mother as a possible suspect. NONE. Not 1. Zero. Not even a hint of such a thing.

This Small Town, USA. People gossip and speculate, but honest-to-God, NO ONE here has EVER mentioned Crystal S in regards to what happened to Haleigh.

Most of us did originally think that Ron and/or Misty had something to do with it, whether by intent or neglect. Though many still wonder about Misty's sobriety that night and Ron's bad temper, we all agree: in our opinion, no one in either of those two families is cunning enough to pull this off without leaving a trace, nor is anyone in either family evil enough to plan it out.

We pray that this will turn out to be some horrible accident, and she will be found upstream in the river. We fear deep down that it was a predator, because that makes our own children vulnerable.

The only definite "bad guy" in this story to date is GR.

Do not kid yourselves, dear readers. DCF and PCSO are watching Crystal [and Ron and Misty and g'mothers] like hawks. They might not be the brightest bulbs on the Christmas tree, but even those two agencies realize that they're under a microscope.

P.S. winterose:
I would appreciate seeing the link to the local newspaper with all of those suspicions posted, winterrose. I don't doubt you; I'm just curious which newspaper that was in, as I haven't seen it before.

I would be just as furious if Ron had done the interview. There is no reason to put a 4 yr old on tv, showing his face. We do not know what happened to Haleigh and by Crystal putting JR on tv she is putting him in danger imo.

I do not think LE would set up an interview like this and risk the safety of a child. I am not sure Crystal has joint custody, it is up to Ron to even say if Crystal can have visitation or not. If I were him I would pull visitation in a heartbeat, you do not use a child they way she has done.

I wholeheartedly agree, BusyLady.

im beyond upset bout RJ being in that interview. LE should not let CS in on anything just as they haven't been...she runs her trap to much.

what I want to know is this...

They said "black man" in the interview this time...but GR says that a black person would stick out like a sore thumb in that town...but yet they say that RC has black friends... i mean come on...which one is it? either there are black ppl or their aren't!

btw... I believe CC (RCs sister) is with a black man... so i call BS on there are no black people in that area...

nowwwwwwwwwwww.... i don't believe any of that story to begin with. CS is just tryin to put the blame on someone else... my theory was confirmed in my eyes...

And I hope he puts some heavy ones on her now.

Where was his restriction for the felony of having sex w/ a minor ?
Or leaving her with this minor who didn't hear the door open, see the kitchen light go on or notice that this little girl was taken out of the same room.
I think before this is all over, there will be some serious charges filed against RC.

I keep thinking why would GR put an interview with a four year old on TV? ... I know ratings of course, trying to one up the other media down there!

Just keep thinking, we all heard CS report lil Jr say a "man in black took sissy", did GR and his brother take the bait and say OK lets see whatelse she adds to the story! NOT!!! I keep going back to the ratings .... grrrr

A child is missing, emotions are riding high, yet the bio-mom is too kewl, kewl enough to put her lil four year old on national TV, and give more of a description ... this makes NO Sense to me at all.

Something doesnt sit right with this scenario?

Lastly, Misty and Ron are playing the silent game, neither is going to crack. Its going to take Crystal to unlodge Ron out of that trailor and start talking.

moo

One think I learned from following the Anthony case is that media does have loop holes in place so that those being interviewed do get paid...especially for exclusives.

Jr. could be repeating what he is being told...or information he is being fed so it was inappropriate for that information to be passed on as fact.

I doubt seriously that LE would have approved placing a potential witness on national tv especially a child. Not only could it put the potential witness in harms way but it would also taint any viable information they could use from the potential witness.

Ron is playing the silent game, IMO, because LE has told him not to repeat what they are discussing.

I guess a judge will determine if Crystal over stepped her bounds by placing her child on national tv without the permission of the custodial parent. Since Ron is the one authorized to make decisions for and in behalf of the children I would venture to guess that she did not legally have the right to authorize the interview with Jr. JMO

moo

Darn straight I would say the same thing if the roles were reversed. And I highly doubt LE would let anyone put a small child on national TV accusing a black man wearing all black clothes. Whether what the child was saying was true or not.

Ha-ha-ha! White leather furniture... in a hotel... in Putnam County. That's pretty darned funny. [And yes, I'm a local, and I'm related to 2 local hotel owners.]

Maybe my friends and neighbors and I are as crazy as loons and dumb as doornails, but not a single one has EVER mentioned Haleigh's mother as a possible suspect. NONE. Not 1. Zero. Not even a hint of such a thing.

This Small Town, USA. People gossip and speculate, but honest-to-God, NO ONE here has EVER mentioned Crystal S in regards to what happened to Haleigh.

Most of us did originally think that Ron and/or Misty had something to do with it, whether by intent or neglect. Though many still wonder about Misty's sobriety that night and Ron's bad temper, we all agree: in our opinion, no one in either of those two families is cunning enough to pull this off without leaving a trace, nor is anyone in either family evil enough to plan it out.

We pray that this will turn out to be some horrible accident, and she will be found upstream in the river. We fear deep down that it was a predator, because that makes our own children vulnerable.

Do not kid yourselves, dear readers. DCF and PCSO are watching Crystal [and Ron and Misty and g'mothers] like hawks. They might not be the brightest bulbs on the Christmas tree, but even those two agencies realize that they're under a microscope.

P.S. winterose:
I would appreciate seeing the link to the local newspaper with all of those suspicions posted, winterrose. I don't doubt you; I'm just curious which newspaper that was in, as I haven't seen it before.

You're right...I should have thought about the lack of a decent hotel room in Putnam co...I do live an hour from there...as I said before I'm not the best "Sleuther" in the bunch...I did say before that the "circus" wouldn't stay there long because the dining and lodging isn't what their accustomed to. Just to focused on whether she was a getting a kick back for this interview.

P.S. winterose:

Sorry for bumping my own reply up, but there were so many posts at the same time, I wanted to be sure that it was seem by all you sleuthers.

[y'all are starting to make me feel a whole lot less crazy about my Ch-- R obsession. Relatively speaking.]

LE can do nothing to stop this! IT is GERALDO and his sick needs for ratings. He is a sick sick man.

Also how can a mother? do this to her child? she should have DFS called on her and visitations stopped now!

RC is having sex with a minor and has LOST his child, I don't think Ron should retain custody. He's already lost one child, why give him a chance to lose the other.

Its not up tp Ron if she can have visitation or not, its up to the court. Ron would have to petition the court to deny Crystal visitation.At this stage, I doubt he would, Crystal has a good case of child endargement against him if she so chooses. Although Ron has physical custody, they both have joint custody. Ron tried to deny Crystal her visit after haleigh disappeared and LE had to step in. This case was stalled until GR and Crystal started a pro active move. Since then we have had three days of cadever searches, Ron and Misty re interviewed, I, for one, am glad they are taking a pro active role. Whatever it takes to break the silence of Misty and Ron.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member