2009.03.06 Nancy Grace

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Notice that even though Teresa Neves is broken with grief she takes the time to thank Nancy for keeping Haleigh's case out there.
She is a class act. She is also a very strong woman, imo. I admire how she has presented herself in an effort to bring her granddaughter home. She obviously adores Haleigh and her grief is devastating. She is honestly grateful for the help from anyone and everyone.

I just finished watching NG. I found it interesting that the back door with the two locks on it, closes by itself unless it is also propped open! The reporter indicated that 'laundry' had been propping it open. That doesn't make any sense. An intruder comes up the ramp, props open the screen door with a cinder block, manages to open the TWO locks, and then places dirty laundry on the floor to hold the back door open. He/she then travels thru the living room, makes a hard turn to the right, enters the bedroom with an adult and another child sleeping, and takes Haleigh back out the same way - oh, and removes her pink shirt as he is exiting. Nope....not buying it. :rolleyes:

I can understand Misty sleeping through if it was an abduction..........she was 17. When my kids were that age they would sleep through anything. I'm just not comfortable with the kids sleeping in the bed/within 3 feet with the father and his girlfriend of 5 months. But call me old fashion.
As far as any of the "players" behavior, it does bother me that Ron is thinking of his own media attacks over pleading for his daughter, however, at this point he may become the story over his child so I'm on the fence with this one.
It seems the kids did have another room to sleep in, so maybe they were all just together in the master bdrm. because Ron was at work. But, I do see your point about having 17 y/o Misty being the caretaker ~ especially since he did work at night. It seems he did try his best though to take care of the kids. MOO

I wonder if I went down and offered the sheriff a steak, if he would talk? LOL the lack of information is unbelievable..
Speaking of which..
On the firstcoastnews video where they showed the house, the reporter said that Ron was asked to let in investigators from the SA's office to look around..
WTH would they be doing there? State Attorney's bring charges right? That is puzzling to me!
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=133019&catid=3&GID=tOfr0KLbei4xfBupbwr/1Umcm5CY9zvi7Yi3DzL4vDs%3D

Re: the other case in Florida. Her child was missing and the stories didn't add up. Remember, she was charged with child neglect as her initial charge. I wonder if the State is looking to charge Misty and/or Ronald due to Haleigh being missing? moo

She may have not wanted to use the bathroom by the kids so that when she turned on the light and flushed that it would not wake them.

If a flush would have woken Haleigh or Jr. up, I would assume a stranger coming into the house and grabbing one of them would also wake them up.

Am I to take it that NG did not ask any of Haleigh's family members that may have been on this evening about what item of Haleigh's was missing (per TN's comments in the Palatka Daily News report today ) ?

If she purposely didn't turn a light on, or flush just because she thought that she would wake the kids up, then there is no way she can make anyone believe that someone just took Haleigh out of her bed without her waking up..There is a huge difference between noises and touch..
If they were that light of sleepers, Haleigh would have called out to her, or hollered...something..

I know that my children have rolled over if their door was open and a hall light was turned on. She may may have been thinking that, but the perp may have just thought about getting the little girl and not worried if the little boy woke up, assuming he couldn't identify him.

ITTA, and O/T just to lighten things up, it took me days of wondering why everyone was making cow noises to figure out that meant my own opinion....lol
You did lighten things up for sure! ! :cow:

Sorry, Maybe its me. I read everyone dicussing point of entry yet there was a door found wide open?! So either it was left unlocked or bumped open or this isnt a stranger abduction, because it was staged. IMO>

I'm thinking ..

Misty is gone or the perp has a key.
Perp comes up on the house in the middle of the night
Gets the brick and props open the screen/storm door
Opens main door and keeps open with clothes on the floor
Turns on the kitchen light < HELLO, right>
Snags Haleigh and high tails it out.

So, why would a perp turn on a kitchen light?
a) no one was home therefore would not notice
b) did not turn on kitchen light (Misty confused)
c) no stranger came into the home and took Haleigh

ummm:waitasec:

Misty has company
Haleigh wakes up to go to bathroom (some truth in what she said initially)
Haleigh sees Misty with company
Misty and company afraid Haleigh will tell her daddy
Accidents happen
Company takes Haleigh away
Everything else concocted or staged

Got to wonder why the story still does not fit even to this day. Bet LE wonders same. JMO

Am I to take it that NG did not ask any of Haleigh's family members that may have been on this evening about what item of Haleigh's was missing (per TN's comments in the Palatka Daily News report today ) ?
I didn't hear anything about that. But, I did miss the first 20 min. of the repeat.

The abduction scenario would make more sense if the kids were sleeping in their own rooms.
The door being propped open with a laundry basket is BS!
The main entrance was that door from the inside looking out. When Misty was on the phone with 911 she would have mentioned how the first door was propped open before mentioning the screen door..matter of fact, I would think that she would have to actually stand right there to see over the laundry basket..
I don't think that with a child missing and the door being propped open would she just go out that door and take a look around, she would be scared to death that someone was either in the house, or still outside. She would have told 911 about the laundry basket first...JMHO

If a flush would have woken Haleigh or Jr. up, I would assume a stranger coming into the house and grabbing one of them would also wake them up.

It may have woken them both up.

Originally Posted by mydailyopinions
I wonder if I went down and offered the sheriff a steak, if he would talk? LOL the lack of information is unbelievable..
Speaking of which..
On the firstcoastnews video where they showed the house, the reporter said that Ron was asked to let in investigators from the SA's office to look around..
WTH would they be doing there? State Attorney's bring charges right? That is puzzling to me!http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/l...7Yi3DzL4vDs=
It is not unusual for the SA's investigators to come to a crime scene after LE is finished. In Florida, the SA's office would present a case to the GJ for an indictment for charges. This doesn't mean they are looking at charging either one of them especially if Ronald was present as they did their walk through.

(Btw~ The link did not lead to an article or video. ?)

I wonder if Misty may have stepped outside to smoke earlier and not locked the door when she came back inside.

Just watched it again and yes Nancy is tough to take but I believe she honestly cares for and about the kids. I now want to know more about the front door as we don't know if anything was locked and what door(s) Haleigh was taken through. I only hope LE checked out the front door as thoroughly as the back door just in case it might have been staged.

I'm thinking ..

Misty is gone or the perp has a key.
Perp comes up on the house in the middle of the night
Gets the brick and props open the screen/storm door
Opens main door and keeps open with clothes on the floor
Turns on the kitchen light < HELLO, right>
Snags Haleigh and high tails it out.

So, why would a perp turn on a kitchen light?
a) no one was home therefore would not notice
b) did not turn on kitchen light (Misty confused)
c) no stranger came into the home and took Haleigh

ummm:waitasec:

Misty has company
Haleigh wakes up to go to bathroom (some truth in what she said initially)
Haleigh sees Misty with company
Misty and company afraid Haleigh will tell her daddy
Accidents happen
Company takes Haleigh away
Everything else concocted or staged

Got to wonder why the story still does not fit even to this day. Bet LE wonders same. JMO

Emmeblue, this has been one of my theories. :waitasec:

Too bad we didn't get to view the inside of the home sooner, as I do believe the insight of those outside of LE could further help in some way. (I mean no offense to LE here). It is now my strong belief that someone propped the screen door open because they knew it would slam upon closing, and that the inside door lock was sticky. Also, the perp (if in fact there really was one), had to have known exactly where each one was sleeping. Then break in, go all the way to the bedroom, kneel down and pick up a sleeping child. I would think that the physics of lifting a sleeping child from a lower than kneeling position could cause one to go off balance upon standing up. And MC never woke up? But the little brother did? Then the perp gets back to the interior door, and lo and behold, it has closed. So how does he/she now shift the child around while reopening the door without again risking waking someone up? I guess what I'm trying to ask here, is, why this child this particular night, while she was in this particular room? And how would he have known it was Haleigh he was taking if she wasn't in her usual sleeping spot? So now I'm thinking that MC either assisted someone with the crime or did something to Haleigh and someone assisted her afterwards.

It is not unusual for the SA's investigators to come to a crime scene after LE is finished. In Florida, the SA's office would present a case to the GJ for an indictment for charges. This doesn't mean they are looking at charging either one of them especially since Ronald was present as they did their walk through.

Thank you SS, it seemed odd to me.

I can understand Misty sleeping through if it was an abduction..........she was 17. When my kids were that age they would sleep through anything. I'm just not comfortable with the kids sleeping in the bed/within 3 feet with the father and his girlfriend of 5 months. But call me old fashion.
As far as any of the "players" behavior, it does bother me that Ron is thinking of his own media attacks over pleading for his daughter, however, at this point he may become the story over his child so I'm on the fence with this one.

I would take every second I could to get her face out there.I don't understand this.

oh gosh...If you want to clear your name, the Nancy Grace show is NOT the place to do it.

OT/

Hi purple,

I came to Websleuths through NG and believed everything said at first. ROTFL Don't get me wrong, LOVE NG, because she is a very loud voice for victims.
Have also come to find out, the 'media' does not usually have the story straight. Best place for current, accurate information imvho...WS. It's nutz how much they get wrong.

She also makes me laugh, you have to love the twins, and it does help. Often times you may find yourself yelling at the tv, and wanting to throw your computer.lol

It would have been nice to see a video of the house at night with the light on. We Need a re-enactment.

Welcome

ROFL yeah the twins was a bit much! Now that i have watched it a couple times, I do see your point.
And yes I would love to see a video re-enactment at night!!! I think that would make a world of differance:woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vec416