2009.03.10 - Hand Written Note From Tot Mom in Response to Pros. Motion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
KC wrote it because that's how KC has always managed her parents and friends.
KC has no clue how much that handwritten note could hurt her.

Exactly. I'm semi-shocked that Baez would even allow her to turn in such a thing considering he is supposed to be acting in her best interest. This just goes to strengthen the argument of possible conflict of interest/ineffective counsel. Like I said before, I believe he's had her sign all kinds of stuff without advising her to read it first. She has no idea what all she's signed.

I don't know about KC but I would be going stir crazy by now, private cell or not. And now she finds out that the trial date is October +. I imagine that she is going nuts in jail. And if she has had some sort of epiphany and now realizes that LKB and JB and any other Defense Team person that might be visiting her isn't really her bff and won't be around if she is convicted, well I don't think the goodies she is buying are helping her and she is going wacko.

The State Attorney claims that JB is not acting in KC's best interest because the SA believes that a confession is in her best interest and that she should not present her defense in court at trial. I guess every defense attorney who takes criminal cases to trial can be accused of the same as far as the State is concerned.

Well, too bad. Just because the State wants to convict KC the easy way doesnt' mean that she has to follow their strategy to put her in jail. She is entitled to force the SA to prove the State's case against her and to present a defense to the State's case. Because she refuses to let the SA determine her defense strategy, the SA is attacking her attorney. To me, this is beyond low. KC is right, they are making a mountain out of JB's payments or lack thereof because KC and JB won't succumb to pressure to plea.

She is not required to make it easy on the State.

Even if you hate her, she is still entitled to have the attorney of her choice represent her and it is not the State's duty to attack the attorney of choice. And if you ask me, the SA is responding this way because KC will not plea. So, the State is trying to take her attorney out of the picture. This goes against everything that is emodied in the right to counsel and a fair trial.

She is on trial, not JB.

Where does SA claim that JB is not acting in KC's best interests? Where does SA claim or how do you infer they claim that a confession is in her best interest? This motion is entirely about making sure there are no valid appellate issues to be raised in the event of a conviction. A good trial lawyer always protects the record for appeal every step of the way. The SA is only doing the job that the good citizens of Florida are paying them to do. Further, I don't see anywhere that the SA is trying to get rid of JB--why would they? He is not exactly a formidable opponent--he is an *advertiser censored* and a terrible terrible lawyer. The SA made clear throughout its motion that they do not want JB off the case.

Exactly. I'm semi-shocked that Baez would even allow her to turn in such a thing considering he is supposed to be acting in her best interest. This just goes to strengthen the argument of possible conflict of interest/ineffective counsel. Like I said before, I believe he's had her sign all kinds of stuff without advising her to read it first. She has no idea what all she's signed.

If that is the case then more power to LE to clear it all up now before a possible conviction and successful appeal.

OT, but can you help me find where she said that? "they haven't even found her clothes yet".. I havent' read that yet. Thanks in advance for any help.

That came from Leonard Padilla. He stated that one of his peeps was with her in the car on one of her rides to and fro somewhere and that this person heard her say "They haven't even found her clothes yet"!

On another note about her "affidavit"-
What in the HECK is up with her signature? What IS that? What is wrong with her? :waitasec:

Another thing Jane said is that this note tells us that there was a plea deal on the table, like this was something new. Yes Jane, there was a deal on the table months ago.

Just because KC says there is a plea deal, doesn't mean there is. There was one in a backward kind of way.......:waitasec:

That came from Leonard Padilla. He stated that one of his peeps was with her in the car on one of her rides to and fro somewhere and that this person heard her say "They haven't even found her clothes yet"!

On another note about her "affidavit"-
What in the HECK is up with her signature? What IS that? What is wrong with her? :waitasec:

What do you mean?

7. I believe that Mr. Ashton is angry because I have refused to take a plea agreement for a crime I DID NOT COMMIT.

So here is what that says to me.

I believe the States Attorney's office is so infantile that they have only filed this motion out of anger for me-the one, the only Casey Marie Anthony-superstar in my own mind! Although I have never been offered a plea agreement, they are upset that I did not suggest one and then take myself up on it. A crime has been committed. Someone murdered my daughter. But I am not the criminal who is responsible for this horrible act and I refuse to admit that it was me who murdered Caylee. It was someone else-not me...

No chance of admitting accident.
No chance of a plea deal NOW!
No chance for an easy resolution.
No chance for her to squirm her way out of this one!

Good going Casey! You ARE on top of things aren't you.

JB is having some client control problems. He really needs to buck up and do his job properly. First that crazy statement before Caylee's memorial and now a handwritten jab (with absurd content) in a sworn affidavit. I wonder if she insists of testifying...yes, I think she is that delusional.

Soooooooooooooo hope you're right !!!

whats with her signature...

That's what I am scratching my head over! A little bit of anger there, wouldn't you say? I can just see her scrunchy little face seething as she signs her name.

As for Baez allowing this to be sent like this, he is in for a shock when he sees how over his head this case is. Maybe it's a further way for them to claim she was misrepresented?

What do you mean?

Look at the signature on this document:
http://www.wftv.com/blank/18901013/detail.html

That is what I mean.
It is like a C and then a couple of lines that do not even resemble letters. It is like she thinks she is a doctor signing a scrip or something-you cannot even tell it is a signature. This is the second one like this I have seen though so she must have practiced it and decided she likes it. I have seen other versions of her sig and this one takes the cake for LUDICROUS way to write a signature...:twocents:

Somebody please tell me if I'm wrong here--KC is swearing in writing that Baez has no right to sell her story or that of her daughter...right? Does this include the videos and pictures? And if he does NOT have the right to market any of it, then why is he doing so? Sorry to all for being so slow, but I'm confused now.

I think baez is covering his hiney, allowing casey to put her 2 cents in writing.

He's attempting to show that casey is in control of what is going on. It's not him.

Rather sneaky, and backhanded if you ask me.

Look at the signature on this document:
http://www.wftv.com/blank/18901013/detail.html

That is what I mean.
It is like a C and then a couple of lines that do not even resemble letters. It is like she thinks she is a doctor signing a scrip or something-you cannot even tell it is a signature. This is the second one like this I have seen though so she must have practiced it and decided she likes it. I have seen other versions of her sig and this one takes the cake for LUDICROUS way to write a signature...:twocents:

See and I just think she signed it quick and angrily. Like "who do they think they are???!!!" She's legendary all right.

7. I believe that Mr. Ashton is angry because I have refused to take a plea agreement for a crime I DID NOT COMMIT.

So here is what that says to me.

I believe the States Attorney's office is so infantile that they have only filed this motion out of anger for me-the one, the only Casey Marie Anthony-superstar in my own mind! Although I have never been offered a plea agreement, they are upset that I did not suggest one and then take myself up on it. A crime has been committed. Someone murdered my daughter. But I am not the criminal who is responsible for this horrible act and I refuse to admit that it was me who murdered Caylee. It was someone else-not me...

No chance of admitting accident.
No chance of a plea deal NOW!
No chance for an easy resolution.
No chance for her to squirm her way out of this one!

Good going Casey! You ARE on top of things aren't you.

Is this a "legal" fact? That now that she has made this statement Defense can't go to trial with the reasonable doubt accident theory?

:eek:
Ha so okay guys I stared this question I still don't see any finite answers
She can be forced to take the stand but then plead the 5th again??:bang:

I'm Canadian this wouldn't float here, so someone throw me a line and help me out on the legalities here! :waitasec:

TIA and :blowkiss:

Any lawyers here? Did she give up any rights by responding in her own handwriting?

No. This is her affidavit, she could have hand written the entire document if she wanted.

The only problem here is that an affidavit is not the place for an opinion, which is what statement #7 is, her opinion. Affidavits are for provable facts. However, #7 does not nullify statements 1-6.

:eek:
Ha so okay guys I stared this question I still don't see any finite answers
She can be forced to take the stand but then plead the 5th again??:bang:

I'm Canadian this wouldn't float here, so someone throw me a line and help me out on the legalities here! :waitasec:

TIA and :blowkiss:

Bailee, I saw you raise this question, issue, and ramifications in an earlier thread. As a person with little knowlegde of the ins and outs, thank you VERY MUCH for pointing out how it compromises Fifth in not only crim but also civ case.

Applause for you, as well as Themis, Chezhire, etc. I am amused how Baez cites TV instead of law. Jeepers, what an education his law students must be getting!

Wow!

Ty again.

Jeers Mrs Peel!
I just wondered because It just was so wrong by our laws.
I hope Judge S tears him (Baez) a new one over this childish play acting, and mockery of the Courts.
BTW love the boots!!!!!

Somebody please tell me if I'm wrong here--KC is swearing in writing that Baez has no right to sell her story or that of her daughter...right? Does this include the videos and pictures? And if he does NOT have the right to market any of it, then why is he doing so? Sorry to all for being so slow, but I'm confused now.

You're not slow, you're keen. I believe KC and JB deliberately omitted any mention of Caylee videos or pics.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back