2009.03.12 Casey Anthony Motion Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Essentially, it seems as if the biggest goal today for JB was to cast doubt about the hairs with a sub-text to lay ground work to 'establish' Dr. Lee as a better expert than anyone the SA has at hand, or the CSI's that processed the scene.

Regardless of anything else that occurred today, that seems to be the under-lying agenda.

Didn't work for me. Can't wait to see what the media focuses on, which is what JB wants to see today, too.

I agree and I think JB tipped his hand. This gave a huge advantage to the SA...lots of time to dissect today's insanity and be prepared to combat defense ramblings. I can't see a thing he did today that won't end up hurting his client in the long run...but that's JMO.

I didn't get to watch the hearing live but I want to give a big THANKS to all the WS'ers on this thread that provided such informative and entertaining commentary.

:clap::clap::clap:

I think I've figured out JB's defense strategy. He's going to bore everyone until they all fall asleep and then he and KC will sneak out of the courtroom and take off together to live the "bella vida". :rolleyes:

:clap:

Post of the Day!

:blowkiss:

The NAS report doesn't say all forensic science is junk, but more that it can be taken to be far more exact than it is. But I agree, the plan is to attack every single technician and expert, to see if they're aware of and abide by the highest, ideal standards applicable to their work. Of course, she's gonna need her own junk scientists to help attack the state's. But oh well. Shades of OJ. It may just be me, but when you attack every single person as incompetent, it begins to lose it's effect. I also find LKB very off-putting in her manner. I doubt the SA's are quaking in their boots.

Didn't that report state they were looking for money to open some type of institute to further the science? Sounds biased to me...throwing vague misgivings out there to promote an agenda.

I couldn't watch today or read...major cutbacks at work and I don't want to give them any reason, but can someone please give me a quick recap??? Did KC even address her parents? I did watch the first few minutes, of LB trying to bully Judge Strickland but had to stop after that. Thanks in advance. Today has been a trying day.

I humbly request that if anyone has a link to the FULL hearing video....please post it. I watched it live but DH is home and I wanted to show him everything that transpired under the bigtop err I mean in the courtroom today.

I humbly request that if anyone has a link to the FULL hearing video....please post it. I watched it live but DH is home and I wanted to show him everything that transpired under the bigtop err I mean in the courtroom today.
Did you check the daily updates?

I'm sure this has been covered but forgive me this thread is already 33 long! Whatever happened to the motions that were supposed to be heard today re source of defense funds and the videotape of jb and kc?

I'm sure this has been covered but forgive me this thread is already 33 long! Whatever happened to the motions that were supposed to be heard today re source of defense funds and the videotape of jb and kc?

They weren't heard.

LMAO!!! Good point.

Especially if the origin of the bag of garbage is in question.

I'm going to shut up and give you that one with a grin. :D

Has the origin of the trash been confirmed? Was it from Ric's, TonE's or was it KC's 'junk in the trunk' (hehe :biggrin: ) trashbag?

Has the origin of the trash been confirmed? Was it from Ric's, TonE's or was it KC's 'junk in the trunk' (hehe :biggrin: ) trashbag?
Who the hell knows...JB kept trying to question the CSI on the stand like it was the actual trial, and the CSI kept telling him that he could not answer for his supervisor about the chain of evidence, it was all too triffelin' and confused when JB was trying to examine him.

Honestly I don't care where in the car they found the hairs, I'm still in awe that they were missed period KWIM? I'm talking if they are NOT contamination hairs. I mean how many hairs total WERE found in the car by the CSI?? I didn't count during any of the dumps.

...and if there were ONLY 17 hairs...and we know that people lose a lot of hair everyday by nature, I think this further points to the car being thoroughly cleaned very recent to it being abandoned.

• Reading Media reports on Motion hearing = Interesting
  • Viewing Motion hearing video = Good!
  • Reading WS blow-by-blow = Priceless!!!!

IIRC....HL supposedly found ONE hair...the rest were found by OCSO - don't know with or without HL. I need to go back and look because I remember it was purposely specified in the report that he found one hair. Also, he said on NG about finding the hair and gave it to OCSO - since it wasn't a fingernail....LOL
He was also talking about "ham and cheese and food" that were in the trunk that could account for the "dead body smell" on the same show. It was also reported that he found some ketchup packets, but "spit" them out.....sorry, couldn't pass that one up.

ETA : But, I'll find it tomorrow...sorry, I can't bring myself to go back to look for it now.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/3715615/CASEY_ANTHONY_FORENSIC_FILES-PART_002_JANUARY_21_09
Start on page 33.
Reads just like Tinkiegirl said-Henry Lee found 1 hair, CSI Geraldo Bloise found the rest on reinspection, and it sounds like that was after Lee and the rest of them left.
Antime anyone inspects any evidence they first sign the "crime scene contamination sheet". I don't think we have seen any of those sheets, but it is known who could have shed hairs, left prints, etc. while inspecting the evidence.

You can read about Lee's investigation in this doc beginning on page 3205.

He found a single hair in the trunk of the car. All other hairs (and fibers) were found on evidence that OCSO had already removed from the trunk and processed. During this investigation, Lee signed a crime scene contamination sheet.

So Jose lied in court today?

A caller on JVM Issues thought that a mother whom had lost their child would most likely be too depressed to eat and therefore lose weight....instead of gaining weight like Casey has. The psych on the program agreed with the caller and said Casey does not look depressed but more like a sociopath.

Interesting thats its her parents who have lost all the weight, while she gains. But overeating can also be a sign of depression.(not that I believe thats whats happening in this case).
And being on psych meds can make you gain weight. Is there any chance that KC is on medication and is now developing some genuine emotion? (Gasp!)
Several people noticed her appear to be holding back tears, rather than force them with fingernails, for the first time ever. When I saw her grab the door handle to get out of the courtroom, it gave me the impression that she was desperate to get out of there before she broke down....maybe thats why she wont look in her parents direction. she knows she'll fall apart. Because even though she killed their grandchild, they still support her....and she knows she doesnt deserve their support.

I saw something very different about KC in this hearing. Her demeaner has gone from super-cocky to super-anxious and uncomfortable in her own skin.
Maybe it is because she realises how inadequate her defense is..... Maybe its because she knows how everyone will be analyzing every gesture.Heck, maybe she has PMS and is just having an emotional day.... or maybe it was all an act that she's been practising in her cell.
I just get the feeling that KC is about to crack.... Maybe its just wishful thinking ,but something different seems to be going on in that head of hers.
JMO

Interesting thats its her parents who have lost all the weight, while she gains. But overeating can also be a sign of depression.(not that I believe thats whats happening in this case).
And being on psych meds can make you gain weight. Is there any chance that KC is on medication and is now developing some genuine emotion? (Gasp!)
Several people noticed her appear to be holding back tears, rather than force them with fingernails, for the first time ever. When I saw her grab the door handle to get out of the courtroom, it gave me the impression that she was desperate to get out of there before she broke down....maybe thats why she wont look in her parents direction. she knows she'll fall apart. Because even though she killed their grandchild, they still support her....and she knows she doesnt deserve their support.

I saw something very different about KC in this hearing. Her demeaner has gone from super-cocky to super-anxious and uncomfortable in her own skin.
Maybe it is because she realises how inadequate her defense is..... Maybe its because she knows how everyone will be analyzing every gesture.Heck, maybe she has PMS and is just having an emotional day.... or maybe it was all an act that she's been practising in her cell.
I just get the feeling that KC is about to crack.... Maybe its just wishful thinking ,but something different seems to be going on in that head of hers.
JMO

I think the lack of living the wild party lifestyle and the sedentary life eating cheesy poof in jail has contributed to her weight gain. That pole dancing burns up a lot of calories (as does the nightly horizontal slam dancing)

Do we know who/what that hair Dr. Lee found came from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee