2009.03.18 Nancy Grace

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sorry to hear that:( Im just as guilty at applying my personal experince with this case but it can also cloud are judgement. The thing that bothers me is what if what is being said and reported isnt true that can be just as devastating . We just dont know at this point. It can be very damaging to all in involved. Its extremely sad either way
I agree with you 100% false reports CAN do just as much damage.

If he did "nothing" with or for those children during the time they were together (up until Rj was six mos old according to Crystal), I have serious doubts he would have wanted a relationship with either one after she left besides an occasional visit.

When a woman leaves a man, whats the most hurtful thing he can do in retaliation? Take her children from her! After this interview with CS Im wondering if that is exactly what happened and possibly the abuse started after he had them for a while and figured out taking care of two babies isnt all its cracked up to be, especially if he wasnt a "participating" parent before the break-up. Maybe being the care-taker was too much for him and he took it out on the kids....

I don't admire either of Haleigh's bio parents. It seems little Haleigh and her brother had the misfortune to be born to two people who are, IMO, not good parents.

Crystal has allegedly had a drug problem. RC? He left the two little children at his home at night with a young girl who was only a child herself, and who (for whatever reason) was apparently not competent to protect them. And let's not forget that, to RC, this girl (who was only a child herself) was expected to act and be like a grown up, mature, adult. He clearly did not consider that MC was only a child. Too young to be his wife, mother to his kids, etc., etc. For those on here who were already married or mothers when 17, were you as clueless as MC seems to be? I doubt it!

And his home? A child was stolen from inside it. I was once involved with a case in which a 1-year-old died (suffocated while sleeping in bed with other children and a female relative). All the other children were removed from that home by the state--they were considered to be in imminent danger of harm, simply because a child had died in the care of this female relative. If the same reasoning were used, the state could claim that RC's home is (arguably) not safe for the remaining child.

But then, it seems clear that Crystal may not be a suitable caregiver either. Poor kids--who is left? And btw--why is the little boy not staying with his father? Okay, maybe because his father is too preoccupied looking for Haleigh. Okay, but then why is the little boy not with one of his grandmothers? Why is he with a great-grandmother? Wouldn't a grandmother be of more suitable age (younger, more energy) to care for such a young child?

I'll admit that I had an unfavorable impression of RC, because he was so quick to haul off and address MC as "" when everyone was presumably concentrating on getting the info to the police so they could help. My OPINION is that it wouldn't be much of a stretch for such a person to be abusive. While I don't think anyone should try to blame RC if there is no evidence against him in this case, I am not ready to canonize him either.

NG can harp on an allegedly false police report filed by Crystal, but I still find it believable that RC may have acted in an abusive manner towards her when they were together. MOO. It's not that Crystal is necessarily such a saint; it's that RC isn't one, either. MOO. Sorry, NG, I'm not convinced. IMO, it's quite possible that RC may treat his partner or spouse the same way you treat most of your guests! And that's not good, IMO.

CS's attorney: charging physical abuse and unfit home; gone to DCF and explained facts that community members have told her about; children are in danger to be with RC. Nature of physical abuse ~ spanking, hitting in face, hitting with belts, sticks, living in tents. Says CS had been given drugs by RC, alienated from her family, was intimidated by RC, felt she was unable to defend herself. Nancy stressing she finds it unusual that now when Haleigh is missing that for first time CS is bringing charges and claiming abuse. Had 3 opportunities to tell judges and never did. Atty: CS just coming up with it now because previously to her knowledge she didn't know abuse was going on. Nancy asking about CS filing false reports to police, such as reporting coworker stole her car, a felony? Atty won't let CS answer NG's allegation and says has nothing to do with child abuse.

You go Nancy...tell it like it is. What a terrible time to start a custody fight. Couldn't it wait until they know what has happened to Haleigh or doesn't she care. Seems darned selfish to me as she has had a lot of time to go for custody before this happened. Let's take the focus off Haleigh and put it on Crystal and her fight for RJ :banghead:

Don't be sorry everything happens for a reason in this world. I am able to help other children because of what happened to me as a child. I promise i've recovered my past does NOT defind my future nore will it my children's . FYI I married a cop and made a life for myself and I pray and hope others that have had a rough life can do the same. ( well not marry MY husband LOL!) but make a life for themself.

Thats great to hear:) Its surviver like you that give others hope. Oh dont worry you can keep your hubby I already have one:crazy:lol

I have to respectively disagree it has everything to do with it. It shows Crystal made false accusations about someone stealing her car. She was willing to lie get someone in trouble for a felony.Doesnt matter if she admitted lieing she still did it. Thats major and will diffently play a role in DCF ruling and any custody trial.

Many moons ago I leant my car to my then boyfriend, when he didn't return it. I tried to report it stolen and was told that since I let him take it, it was a civil matter and I'd have to take him to court if I wanted it back.
I was 18 or 19 and cars were not easy to come by at that age, I remember wishing I would have just said he took it without permission. At that point in my life (age and $$) losing my car seemed worse than being charged with filing a false police report. It seemed pretty crappy that he could just keep my car and I couldn't do anything.
I don't know if that was the case, I'm just sayin'. Maybe she wasn't lying to get someone in trouble, maybe she wanted her car back.

I don't understand why Nancy doesn't get it. Crystal obviously thinks that Ron did something to hurt or caused harm to Haleigh and she wants to get her son away from him. People told her about spankings and she's learning other things. Crystal does have a PI working for her and there's no telling what he's been told. Given all the inconsistencies and news about that blue van, who wouldn't try to get their son now while Haleigh is missing. Nancy doesn't make good sense sometimes. Who cares if Crystal asks for donations or got into some problem with a co worker and cops got involved. They don't always tell things as they happened either or write their reports exactly as something was told to them.

IMO Crystal is in it for her 15 min of fame. If I were in her shoes I would most definately have my eye on only one thing ... getting my daughter home.

I wonder what type of relationship her children have with Chad? Does he treat them as his own? Does he treat the baby differently because she is his and treat the other two as "steps" without much interaction? No one has asked these questions, but he is around them during those visits as much as Crystal. What was his relationship like with Haleigh? No one has gone there either!! He has been OBVIOUSLY absent during this entire time, imo. WHY? Why isn't he standing up for his fiance?

Actually thats a very good question - why is he not there to support Crystal?

When a woman leaves a man, whats the most hurtful thing he can do in retaliation? Take her children from her! After this interview with CS Im wondering if that is exactly what happened and possibly the abuse started after he had them for a while and figured out taking care of two babies isnt all its cracked up to be, especially if he wasnt a "participating" parent before the break-up. Maybe being the care-taker was too much for him and he took it out on the kids....
Sorry Im not bying it. I could possible eat crow later on but I dont think he ever abused those kids.I think there is some bad blood between him and Crystal but I dont think he ever beat those children.Crystal wants custody which she is intitled to fight for. I just hope she isnt doing this to win and making this abuse with the children up. Either way it will come out sooner or later.

I am so sorry for what you went through...you are a special special person to have turned this into a positive...my hat is off to you,,,,,and I too have seen cases where the "state" or whomever have failed....there is so much fear in doing the "wrong" thing that sometimes they wait too long or too late.

And then there are those that take kids they shouldn't and place them with someone that hurts them.

Haven't read all the posts, just have to say. . .

NG is being pretty harsh. She thinks CS is whining too much at the wrong issue.

I HAVE A QUESTION!!!

Why isn't she trying to get custody of Haleigh too? What am I missing here?
Yeah! Good point. I'm missing it too.

And btw--why is the little boy not staying with his father? Okay, maybe because his father is too preoccupied looking for Haleigh. Okay, but then why is the little boy not with one of his grandmothers? Why is he with a great-grandmother? Wouldn't a grandmother be of more suitable age (younger, more energy) to care for such a young child?
I think both Ron and RJ are staying with Ron's grandmother (RJ's great
grandmother).
It was on NG last night.

EXACTLY

She was too easy on Ron compared to how she is drilling bio mom.

CS had a lawyer by her side.

Ron and TN didn't.

I think Nancy is being more careful with civilians after Melinda Duckett's suicide. But lawyers and experts are professionals. Cross examinations come with the territory.

I wonder what type of relationship her children have with Chad? Does he treat them as his own? Does he treat the baby differently because she is his and treat the other two as "steps" without much interaction? No one has asked these questions, but he is around them during those visits as much as Crystal. What was his relationship like with Haleigh? No one has gone there either!! He has been OBVIOUSLY absent during this entire time, imo. WHY? Why isn't he standing up for his fiance?
I've wondered about that too and you're right everyone seems to steer clear of him.

I don't think it is odd that she is sueing for custody. If my daughter went missing while in the home of my ex, I would sue for custody of the other child too. How does anyone know that something wouldn't happen to RJ also? I would not want to let him out of my sight. Even if Misty and Ron didn't have anything to do with her disappearance, it seems like someone who knows them does and there has been no arrest.

Sorry Im not bying it. I could possible eat crow later on but I dont think he ever abused those kids.I think there is some bad blood between him and Crystal but I dont think he ever beat those children.Crystal wants custody which she is intitled to fight for. I just hope she isnt doing this to win and making this abuse with the children up. Either way it will come out sooner or later.

I am buying it. I always thought it was weird that Ron said that he spanked Hayleigh the way CPS told him he could. CPS does not usually have to clarify this with parents unless they have already done it the wrong way, like for instance spanking with an object, like a belt.
Most people don't start talking about how a child protection agency has given them guidance on corporal punishment like Ron did.

The position of sour grapes and revenge to get back at Ronald? I have seen nothing yet which points to Ronald abusing his children at all.

Me either, and who are these people coming out of the woodwork that is telling CS that Ronald is beating the kids till they are bruised and bloody, and with sticks no less? If I saw someone beating a child with a stick I would call 911, but none of these people did? I have a feeling that these woodwork people are CS's kinfolk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela