2009.03.25 - Motions Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If CA and GA are footing the bill for her defense, isn't it remarkable that their sweet and innocent daughter won't even acknowledge them in court!

Was George wearing his Caylee button? I love that he wears Caylee's button so Casey has to see her face!!

I think so. I thought I saw it on his shirt when the camera panned his way one time.

Yep, and SA snapped back and that's when Jose and the MONSTER started smirking. KC disgusts me.

It reminds me of the sorts of things that happen in a middle school classroom. Teacher's exasperated with the constant bickering... tells the kids to stop picking on each other, and there's that one stupid bully that just...can't...help...it - he's gotta get the last word in, somehow.

come to think about it, it kinda reminds me of how my kids acted when they were preschoolers, too.

What casey can't say no sir or no judge or no your honor
She needs to reply to his questions with respect!!!

heck, Baez barely does, she probably thinks she doesn't have to either. I've never seen something like this, such blatant disrespect for the court! This is not going to earn them any points for trial!

Maybe JB told in camera who is paying- and now if it "gets out" he will blame the SA for leaking since it was said in camera only to those people. When in reality it could be anyone from the defense leaking it on purpose.

Correct. And I bet it will happen.

By my count JB got in 3 pot-shots as to the State's ethics. That was the final shot across the bow.

He brought up the gag order allegation twice earlier. You have to recall that KC specifically aimed her pot shot at Ashton on the affidavit, too.

It is getting old, but Ashton shouldn't be showing that it is working.

did anyone catch the under-the-breath barb Baez made to Ashton (I think?) after Strickland told them this was getting old?

He asked Ashton if he was "Angry"

I think the sidebar was directed to JB and his repeated attempts to make statements in court as to KC's innocence. He felt he had to get the last word when he asked for the reminder to the SA about leaks. He's very childish, especially his comment to Ashton in the end, "Are you alright?" He had a smug look on his face when he said it. I think Ashton wanted to come over and knock that smug right off his face. Baez better go and practice law in another county after this trial. He's made a major enemy out of Ashton.

I agree! And I noticed Baez is sporting some new threads also, how wonderful of Caylee to give all these people such nice lives.

I couldn't help but notice the difference in the quality of JB's suit and Ashton's. Made me ill. Thank you, Caylee. :furious:

I find Jose to be very childish. With his comments he seems to like to get people going. I think that is why KC likes him as her attorney - kind of simple minded and childish. I think he makes these comments to show KC he is better than other lawyers and to make the prosecution and others believe he is a good lawyer but it only makes him look like an unprofessional attorney who needs to get some class. The other poster was right when they mentioned that these types of lawyers end up on billboards and become ambulance chasers. Who wants an attorney that can't deal with the prosecution. I believe this is his one and only high profile case and any future criminals who see him now will know not to hire him unlike KC who thinks he has somewhat of a clue.

SA looked pretty unhappy after sidebar

I like to think he was working any possible way to get the in camera into a public record.....I think it was a good fishing expedition. I think that the defense will feel pretty arrogant after this and that will lead to more mistakes, but the state is methodically tying that noose which will prevent an incompetent defense appeal. Clearly they believe that this is the biggest threat to the outcome-an appeal based on Baez' inability to counsel his client effectively.

Are you getting the message I wonder JB? Gotta be pretty frustrating to know you peers have this view of you....

Correct. And I bet it will happen.

By my count JB got in 3 pot-shots as to the State's ethics. That was the final shot across the bow.

He brought up the gag order allegation twice earlier. You have to recall that KC specifically aimed her pot shot at Ashton on the affidavit, too.

It is getting old, but Ashton shouldn't be showing that it is working.

No, he shouldn't, but I think of it like this: Since the SA has not really stooped to Baez's level before, despite his constant whining, the judge snapping "this is getting old" was mainly aimed at Baez. He whines constantly, it never stops. I have yet to see a hearing that wasn't a Baez Whine A Thon!

In Jose's little pea brain,,he thinks he won so big today..gee talk about a peacock..what a jerk..he is so clueless..When they go to court,,then the Pros can ask the paid witnesses how much they get paid Right? Like in Spector's case....

We need Donna Pendergast SA from Michigan on this case
she has had 93 murder trials and has won 91..She would sweep the floor with Jose..Hopefully this SA is as good.

Lawyers like JB end up with their face on highway billboards making no money. Pissing off the SA doesn't get you anywhere.

Does JB think next time he represents a client in this district the SA will be lenient and cut him a deal? Or take it to trial and drag it on and on? The SA doesn't pay for it, the defense does. Clients hear about things like this and stay faaaar away from "trouble" lawyers.

Only narcissists who want this type of show will go to JB from now on. It's rather pathetic

Another ITA. I have been saying for months now that JB's been going potty in his backyard too much. And it isn't just the SA he's pizzed off.

You can also count in the employees of the Jail and jail administrators, local LE, Courtroom support staff like baliffs.

Oh, there aren't enough baggies out there to clean up the little messes he's left behind to be stepped in later.

What casey can't say no sir or no judge or no your honor
She needs to reply to his questions with respect!!!

Don't you know? KC is above the law. Above telling the truth. Above being in jail. Above all of us, because she is the smartest woman on the planet.:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back