2009.04.01 Nancy Grace

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how Kiomarie selling her story is any different than CA and GA selling photos and interviews to mainstream media outlets.

Oh, sorry - what's that other term they use in place of selling??
I don't see any difference either. And I think Kiomarie's story could easily be disproved if it's false, by others who knew Casey at the same time. I also thought JG mentioned that Casey wanted to put Caylee up for adoption and CA said no. MOO

Does anybody but me think Caylee's speech was a little behind what might be expected for an almost 3 year old?

Themis, this was discussed a while back and someone jumped all over everyone who said she was because their child had a speech disorder.

Yes, I think she was significantly behind where she should have been in speech for her age compared to my child, my nieces and nephews, including one who has a speech impairment, and every other toddler I've been around.

I think she's credible too, mainly because she talked about this location months before Caylee was found. And the scientific evidence the state has will show that Caylee had been there since (the end of) June.

People on this site were speculating that Caylee might be close to the elementary school because of Kio's LE interview.

Kio added some details about the hamster but nothing she told the NE conflicted with the details she gave LE.

Plus Caylee was found close to where Kio said she thought Casey would leave Caylee.

I don't see any difference either. And I think Kiomarie's story could easily be disproved if it's false, by others who knew Casey at the same time. I also thought JG mentioned that Casey wanted to put Caylee up for adoption and CA said no. MOO

IIRC, Jesse wanted to put Caylee up for adoption but Casey said no.

People on this site were speculating that Caylee might be close to the elementary school because of Kio's LE interview.

Kio added some details about the hamster but nothing she told the NE conflicted with the details she gave LE.

Plus Caylee was found close to where Kio said she thought Casey would leave Caylee.
I remember our discussions after Kiomarie's statement to LE was released. It also fits in with the "comfort zone" theory. I believe her testimony will be very damaging to Casey, even with the payment from the NE, as long as what she says is consistent. MOO

Well, we do know she was able to sing to her great grandpa! So I'm more inclined to think GA was remembering something from at least a few months before she died. MOO :)

Possibly, but I noticed especially when she was "reading" her book that day - I couldn't understand anything she said.
She did sing that song pretty well - I bet CA sang that to her every night at bedtime - just like my mom did with me . . .:blowkiss:
It's usually easier to recall words to a song or a poem than to develop and express one's own thoughts.

Hah! If I hear an old song on the radio, I can often sing all the words even if I had completely forgotten I ever heard it. I can't remember what my friend told me on the phone yesterday. It's that short-term memory thing for me . . . :crazy:

IIRC, Jesse wanted to put Caylee up for adoption but Casey said no.
Thanks for correcting me! :blowkiss: It was better the other way around though since it backed up what Kiomarie said. Darn it!

I do. My niece was born exactly 2 days before Caylee in 2005 too, and putting clear, complete sentences together by 2 and a half (so were all her little friends that were at her 3rd birthday party). GA said she would wake him up to go swimming and say "JoJo swim?" An almost 3 year old would be way past that and able to put it in a full question instead of 2 words IMO.

I don't think we've heard enough of Caylee's speech to determine she was behind. Being an only child Caylee's speech pattern would develop a tad slower as she has no siblings to learn from. However, we'd know her speech better if we knew her in real life. It's hard to determine from small snippets of video, especially considering a lot of kids haven't reached the performing stage in front of a camera at 2 to 2 1/2.

I recall her crayon video and she seemed right where she should be.. asking what things are (she shows the crayon to whomever is filming and says "what's this?) and repeating things she has heard (you want cheese? 1..2..3.. cheese!).

My son was in speech therapy so I learned a lot about what is considered on-par with developmental age. If Caylee was behind it was minimal and not uncommon for a first born with no other children in the home. Just mo though.

I wonder if JB will try to tell the jury that the bones found were only a hamsters? :rolleyes:

Sometimes, little ones will use baby talk because it gets attention and is cute... or even in times of stress.

I tear up every time I see those pictures with music.....I will never understand who wouldn't want that little girl!

The bottom line is everyone could be honestly relaying exactly what KC told them, but I don't think she ever told anyone the truth about anything!
:liar:

I don't think we've heard enough of Caylee's speech to determine she was behind. Being an only child Caylee's speech pattern would develop a tad slower as she has no siblings to learn from. However, we'd know her speech better if we knew her in real life. It's hard to determine from small snippets of video, especially considering a lot of kids haven't reached the performing stage in front of a camera at 2 to 2 1/2.

I recall her crayon video and she seemed right where she should be.. asking what things are (she shows the crayon to whomever is filming and says "what's this?) and repeating things she has heard (you want cheese? 1..2..3.. cheese!).

My son was in speech therapy so I learned a lot about what is considered on-par with developmental age. If Caylee was behind it was minimal and not uncommon for a first born with no other children in the home. Just mo though.

Kids learn to speak by hearing others speak to them and around them. If Caylee was zonked out on Xanax a lot that might explain her slow speech development. :cow:

Possibly, but I noticed especially when she was "reading" her book that day - I couldn't understand anything she said.
She did sing that song pretty well - I bet CA sang that to her every night at bedtime - just like my mom did with me . . .:blowkiss:
It's usually easier to recall words to a song or a poem than to develop and express one's own thoughts.

Hah! If I hear an old song on the radio, I can often sing all the words even if I had completely forgotten I ever heard it. I can't remember what my friend told me on the phone yesterday. It's that short-term memory thing for me . . . :crazy:
You're so right about remembering something that you've heard repeatedly and "memorizing" it. Thinking about it more, I couldn't really understand either what she was saying as she flipped the pages of the book. I still think there's a good possibility that either Casey sedated her so she could go partying, or Caylee simply didn't have enough interaction with adults and was left to create her own playtime.

Renee Rockwell & Alan Ripka.

RR: Kiomarie's story is more appealing with a $20K price tag.

AR: just because she sold the story doesn't mean it isn't true.

Marc Klaas: Kiomarie is just another person who's jumped on the Caylee gravy train and it's really sad. About private jail meetings, special consideration should only be given to those who are cooperating and trying to solve the case. Especially believes CA has been misdirecting the investigation and doesn't deserve any special consideration.

That is a drop in the ocean, compared to how much the A family has made selling their version of this story, and hawking the poor childs photo's, videos, I'll bet the memorial footage earned a penny or two for 'someone' too.

Kettle ...... meet pot

Themis, this was discussed a while back and someone jumped all over everyone who said she was because their child had a speech disorder.

Yes, I think she was significantly behind where she should have been in speech for her age compared to my child, my nieces and nephews, including one who has a speech impairment, and every other toddler I've been around.

At 2 yrs a child should be starting to put words together into sentences. At 3 yrs most communication should be in short sentences.
From Univ of Chic "the growing child"
Speech development is very exciting for parents as they watch their children begin to speak clearly and interact with others. While every child develops speech at his/her own rate, the following are some of the common milestones in this age group:

* should be able to say about 500 to 900 words
* speech can be understood by others
* speaks in two or three word sentences and progresses to four to five word sentences
* can remember simple rhymes or lyrics
* uses "please" and "thank you"
* refers to self by using own name
* names colors

I'm thinking they'll jump all over everything Kiomarie testifies to. She's showing that Casey didn't want Caylee, but CA forced her to keep her. (Motive to get rid of Caylee to spite CA, imo) She's also testifying to the same location Caylee was found in being a secret place that only friends knew about where they buried childhood pets. (Good place for Casey to have put Caylee's remains, imo) They'll have to make a point of the $20K to infer she's lying. I wonder though about other childhood friends who knew about the pet burial grounds and who they might be? Would they be able to confirm what Kiomarie says? :waitasec:
I never felt comfortable with her. I hope the DA doesn't use her...something just doesn't sit right.

Does anybody but me think Caylee's speech was a little behind what might be expected for an almost 3 year old?

Her singing was impressive to me, her ability to sing in tune but I agree that her speech/diction when she was reading from her book on her last known recording was not what I would consider normal for her age. In fact I was quite surprised that a child that was at that time almost 3, and surrounded by all adults at that point, was not speaking with more clairity. There is no record of Caylee having any regular contact with children her age and only had adults in her life. So one would think that she would be absorbing and mimicing what she sees and hears.
I, myself with my children, had always made an effort not to talk baby talk to my kids and being from a multi lingual background, shared with them the culture that I was fortunate to have grown up with.
But then again, to hear that Caylee may not have had the normal exposure to playmates her own age, and that she was dragged around to who knows where for the 2 years that Casey claimed to be working, who knows what this childs mind was exposed to...or deprived of.

Who knows. Maybe GA was remembering when she was younger and use to ask him that. I would think by age three or almost three, she would have been speaking in sentences, but maybe not. Children develop at different rates.

That's true. As a mother of four, I can tell you - yes, they are all going to talk at different times, one of mine had ear infections and that disrupted speech development, mine were all talking by 3, but all but the first had other kids around to talk to. Caylee wasn't around other kids as much and I feel that is important developmentally.

You're so right about remembering something that you've heard repeatedly and "memorizing" it. Thinking about it more, I couldn't really understand either what she was saying as she flipped the pages of the book. I still think there's a good possibility that either Casey sedated her so she could go partying, or Caylee simply didn't have enough interaction with adults and was left to create her own playtime.

Well I seldom can understand anything the adult Anthony's are saying..........so if Caylee was behind it is certainly no wonder to me.

I must make a comment I have a 3 year old Granddaughter, who has two older sisters plus 4 other Grandchildren. Her speech is far from good and I would say she is the brightest one out of them all. My daughter never took drugs and never drank and is an Education teacher herself. My son never spoke clearly until he was 5 yrs. old I've had him tested many times when he was a toddler and everyone told me not to worry he will speak when he is ready and today he is a Doctor. So please don't under estimate any child because of speech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member