2009.04.09 Cindy's Deposition #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I am still catching up on listening to the deposition and reading these posts, but one thing just struck me...

When CA is talking about the car chase between GA and KC, CA states GA had the dates wrong. She says she talked to him about it and between the two of them, they put together that GA actually left the house to chase KC in April. She states that she reminded him that that night, Caylee was with CA coloring. However, when pressed for WHY GA took off after her, CA states she didn't find out about him leaving to chase her until later.

How on earth could she help pin down the date of the chase months later if she didn't even know at the time it was happening? So she and Caylee are coloring, KC leaves, GA leaves saying nothing out of the ordinary, returns and does not mention the chase, never brings it up again, and then months later CA is able to remind him that it happened that particular night? How is that even logical?

:waitasec:

I am sure someone else probably has caught this already and if so just ignore me. :D I just couldn't let this one slide.

Oh yeah,I caught that ,too . She sounded like an 8 year old trying to get out of a lie.Just didn't make any sense.I'm sure ALL the lawyers are pouring over the transcript and highlighting away.
If Cindy and George had come in ,acted calm and answered "yes" or "no" to most questions,answered truthfully and succinctly to the other question,they would have looked rational and the lawyers would have looked heavy handed.But no,they had to be combative and look like they were covering up.Why can't they see how they damage their own case by their behavior?

Oh yeah,I caught that ,too . She sounded like an 8 year old trying to get out of a lie.Just didn't make any sense.I'm sure ALL the lawyers are pouring over the transcript and highlighting away.
If Cindy and George had come in ,acted calm and answered "yes" or "no" to most questions,answered truthfully and succinctly to the other question,they would have looked rational and the lawyers would have looked heavy handed.But no,they had to be combative and look like they were covering up.Why can't they see how they damage their own case by their behavior?
My thought is that the chase incident places KC ALONE at the Ant house for sure on a certain date. As I remember from the thread on the subject it was 29th at about 5:30pm. So what is so important about that?
Looks to indicate that by that time G and C knew that something was very wrong!

It shows just how much Casey cares for her parents, she has put them through he** and they are still protecting her. I wonder if they have ever really thought about what would happen if they got their wish, that is if Casey was acquitted and came home to mom and dad...have they even thought of this ?

If Casey ended up going home instead of prison I don't think it would make a difference in that household. It would return to "normal" or what "normal is to them." They have probably missed the fighting and all of the crisis and drama that usually is a part of their home life. They have had a quiet period for a while until the depo's. I think they like the fight as that is the way they are used to living. When their lives are quiet it probably feels like something is wrong. They would probably tell her "welcome home gorgeous...feel free to steal money from my purse...take my credit cards...take the car without asking and just do whatever you want...we are so happy to have you home and so glad that everything will return to normal in our family."

I don't remember if it was Mitnik or Morgan but one of them asked Cindy who fed Caylee breakfast the morning of the 16th. She said "I don't know, I was aleady gone to work". This is the first time since this happened that I've heard anyone question what Caylee was doing prior to George allegedly seeing them leave that afternoon. He should have asked George the question, too.

ITA. I am so frustrated at the idea that the questions were not relevant. The talking heads can't even get this one right. IMO the point is that WE KNOW the Anthony's don't believe there ever was a Zenaida Fernandez Gonzales. WE KNOW IT! I'm puzzled that people believe that they believe the Zanny the Nanny story. Nothing in their behavior backs it up. This is why in the civil case they are trying to solicite statements from them that "prove" they did not believe there was another person named "Zenaida" or "Zanny" or whatever. That is crucial to the defamation case because in lighto f evidence that there was no nanny they continued to perpetuate and probably "fabricate" the myth to protect KC. This kept Zenaida in the spotlight and kept the defamation alive when the Anthony's SHOULD have been forthcoming with the TRUTH. So my questoin is...if they really claim to believe there was a nanny, that JG or AH is "the nanny" (based on KC code) then why would they be running around the country searching for Caylee when JG and AH were still in Florida? aaaaaaaaaaaaa, its already making my ears bleed today!!!!!!

YES! That's it exactly! They have to prove KC had no income or job,therefore no way to pay a nanny or need a nanny.That KC stole money because she had no income [therfore no job,no nanny]. That KC had never used the name Zeneida Gonzalaz before Caylee went missing.That since there was no nanny there is no other Zeneida Gonzalez KC was talking about.She got the name and car /tags description at Sawgrass and used THIS woman's name.CA and GA are saying there is another Zeneida out there that was a nanny for Caylee and it's a coincidence that this woman has the same name.By proving all of the above [no job/no nanny] they can show KC was using this woman's name .By showing that Cindy knew the police had KC clear this Zeneida with a photo,they can prove Cindy knew she was perpetuating a lie by continuing to implicate the ZG from Kissimmee in interviews.
Ultimately by showing KC committed the murder it proves she falsely implicated this Zeneida .
It really is all relevent .

I am not convinced they WANT their daughter to get out of jail. I have come to believe this is all a front to cover up something deeper.

As Geo said about ZG, "what we're here to do, absolutely 100 percent want to clear your client and restore whatever good name she had."

Undoubtedly, they just want to clear whatever good name they had ! !

Respectfully snipped.

TrY, it's not Morgan's job to bail Casey out! It's high time Casey learned some lessons in life and since she apparently did not learn them at her parents' knee she'll learn them in prison (hopefully) and through a hit to her purse.

The reason that I think John Morgan should give ZG money is because she's saying she can't find a job or housing now.

She's not going to get a dime from Casey who doesn't have any assets. Even if JM wins the lawsuit or gets a default judgement, they won't see any money from Casey, IMO. Morgan's firm will probably spend more than $15,000 dollars on legal fees representing ZG in her lawsuit against Casey. And ZG still won't have money to get back on her feet.

Where does the money raised for the Zenaida Gonzalez Fund that is linked on the forthepeople.com website go?

I'm glad you brought this up DG....after these depos I'm no longer convinced, well I guess I never really believed this but, I doubt that KC and Caylee really left the next day like GA & CA claim. It makes no sense that after such a hostile evening that they would remain at the home. I'm sure this belongs on another thread, but I don't believe GA anymore. He clearly will do anything now to keep his family together including drinking the punch introveinously.
My bold.
I think KC probably did leave and CA called her and told her to get back to the house immediately or she would report the car stolen. That was CA's threat when she wanted KC to take her to Caylee. Being forced to stay home in that hostile environment probably fueled her rage to an unimaginable level.

I've just watched Cindy's civil depo and as I said on the GA thread I'm glad I got to watch the whole thing without all the spin doctor talking heads and the various talk shows on HLN showing snippets - and of course they picked the most unflattering ones to air on tv - of CA and GA.

As much as I may not like CA - and I don't think CA or GA had anything to do with Caylee's murder - I can see CA and GA's viewpoint that the ZG lawsuit is frivolous in their minds. Their daughter is charged with their granddaughter's murder and I don't think that they are going to help John Morgan any more than they have to before there's a criminal trial.

I also appreciate that John Morgan's law firm has put the civil depos on their website forthepeople.com and that anyone can look or download the videoclips or download the transcripts for free, but let's get real.

John Morgan is the real winner here IMO. He and his law firm get free publicity on national cable talk shows, his website probably is getting thousands of hits which undoubtedly will produce more clients down the road. The free publicity is priceless or at least it's worth a lot more than $15,000 dollars.

His website has blurbs that his firm has won civil verdicts and settlements in the millions of dollars. And ZG's lawsuit is for $15,000 dollars? Why doesn't he just give her $15,000 dollars now? And find her a home and a job? Her name has been cleared in the media already. Is there anyone who believes now that ZG is the same person that Casey talked about in her statements to LE?

I really do understand what you are saying but with all due respect... lets keep it real. Singling out JM is not really fair. With the exception of the SA's office and the judge the rest of these lawyers involved are doing it for the free publicity or a big pay day at the end of this, which doesn't mean they don't want to also fight for some justice or stand up for someone they believe is helpless (which is what I think happened in regards to JM taking on ZG as a client and BC taking on the A's as a client). But ALL of them, including MN with TES know that getting their name out there is not going to hurt their business, plus in some cases they may also believe in protecting their client. JB may be the exception, he IMO went too far, crossed a line, and this may be the end of "The B Law Firm" = to which I say ...."Good Riddence". JMHO + :cow:

I'm glad you brought this up DG....after these depos I'm no longer convinced, well I guess I never really believed this but, I doubt that KC and Caylee really left the next day like GA & CA claim. It makes no sense that after such a hostile evening that they would remain at the home. I'm sure this belongs on another thread, but I don't believe GA anymore. He clearly will do anything now to keep his family together including drinking the punch introveinously.

I thought it was interesting that he refused under oath to talk about the last time he saw Caylee!! He flat out didn't say he saw her on 6/16 during the depo! Maybe he's afraid when the whole truth comes out he'll be nailed for perjury so he wouldn't answer the question!!

I guess everyone looks at the same thing differently as I have empathy for the Anthony's who lost their only grandaughter.

So do I. However, empathy does not excuse atrocious behavior. I can put myself in their shoes, and I can imagine their ordeal.

I cannot begin to imagine behaving the way they have, no matter what happened in my life.

I wonder if BC is going to quit after these depositions. If he were a good lawyer he should because it would help restore his reputation. Imagine doing this for free....LOL??

Don't fergit-------she is wearing Caylee's ashes.

Cindy had three necklaces on and a bunch of bracelets on each arm. The necklaces that hold ashes are really popular now. I talked to a girl who had a necklace with her dad's ashes inside. I wish they had been around when my daughter died.

Green must be Casey's favorite color huh? I think she does that to remind everyone that they are on Casey's side and believe her 100%.

I thought George was going to cry when he mentioned Caylee. I don't think he was faking. Cindy was another story. She talked easily about Caylee.
I do think George was putting it on at times during the depo. I expected him to say to the attorney "I'm going to have another breakdown if I don't get out of here!"

I can hardly watch either of the depo's. Cindy did what I expected her to do or the way I expected her to act. In fact, she was better behaved then I expected. George blew me out of the water. I saw a whole other side of him and it wasn't pretty. It just disgusted me.

*bolding mine*

Excellent post! ITA! When the news of this situation broke, I was stunned. Anyone who has heard the 911 calls made by Cindy felt some form of sympathy/empathy for her. Cindy's apprehension and fear were tangible. I feel for the Anthonys because they have lost a grandchild, but that does not absolve them from being honest about Casey's actions. The Anthonys have crafted a world for Casey where delusion, deception, and enablement abound. Just as we must hold Casey accountable for her actions, her own parents must take responsibility as well. The Anthonys must come to terms with the fact that justice for Caylee means incarceration for Casey. It is as simple as that...IMO as usual...

I agree. I also believe it's a public safety issue. If CA/GA/LA have a hand in getting her off by lying, obstructing justice, etc, they are putting the public at risk. That's why we house killers in prison, to protect the public. IMO, if Casey gets out she will have another child. Is there one person on this forum who thinks a child is safe with her? Is there one person on this board who would feel safe with her in their neighborhood? Casey's own mother told one of her friends she was a sociopath. She has been charged with theft, lying to authorities, and first degree murder. It doesn't get much worse than that.

I don't think it's a matter of having sympathy for the As but the outrage that some of us feel toward them for trying to help their daughter escape justice. Caylee deserves justice.

IMO

I am so appalled by the way the Anthonys have misdirected their anger toward LE and recently very much toward JM and co. I am well aware that these people aren't enduring anything normal and that they aren't the brightest bunch, "no offense, sweetie." But, a few moments of true soul-searching would lead most rational humans to direct that anger toward the perp who killed their granddaughter. Most rational humans would also deduce that that perp is Casey. Morgan et al are just doing a job. It's not a glamorous job and it may seem frivilous to some, but so are manicures. A modicum of class would do in this instance.

Do you all think sometimes that they're trying to leave enough discrepancies in their stories to impeach them as witnesses but not enough to do jail time?

I thought it was interesting thathe refused under oath to talk about the last time he saw Caylee!! He flat out didn't say he saw her on 6/16 during the depo! Maybe he's afraid when the whole truth comes out he'll be nailed for perjury so he wouldn't answer the question!!

I think that ship has already sailed. I don't think it's a matter of if he perjured himself but will they prosecute. IMO, they'll wait until Casey is tucked away in prison then go after As.

I thought it was interesting that he refused under oath to talk about the last time he saw Caylee!! He flat out didn't say he saw her on 6/16 during the depo! Maybe he's afraid when the whole truth comes out he'll be nailed for perjury so he wouldn't answer the question!!

Cindy assisted (..uh*cough*) George and his memory. She must have pounded it in to him.
1. George was coached as to who and what he saw and what he heard and what his dd and grandchild were wearing when they left on June 16th.
2. George was coached not to be clear on a date when he chased kc in the car down the freeway, furthermore, do not give a reason.
3. George was coached what to say he did or didn't see in the trunk of the car on June 24th.

I see a pattern here...when CA coaches George and she sure he has it down pat, her answers to the questions from media or courts is, "I don't know, you will have to ask George". She has to give the appearance that she is NOT the only person who has anything to say. We know better.

So do I. However, empathy does not excuse atrocious behavior. I can put myself in their shoes, and I can imagine their ordeal.

I cannot begin to imagine behaving the way they have, no matter what happened in my life.

I agree with both the above. I also think what many keep hoping for as far as the A's behavior won't ever happen. There is too much pre-existing dysfunction, personality disorders, aggression. I believe Caylee was the only buffer in all this. Now that she is gone, it seems their behavior returned not just to what they were before Caylee, but a sonic nose-dive downward.

Given this is the mother/nurse who refused to believe or acknowledge her daughter was pregnant until the 7th month...I don't see how her issues from before, added to the grief/guilt/anger she has built up, and without Caylee's laughter and little songs in their house each day, that without SERIOUS psychological help (and medication--in the right dose b/c she seems self-medicated now) CA is going to appear in any forum as the strong Caylee advocate we all wish she was.

LOL--------Well, since CA was a nurse--she probably took care of most of the family needs. I have a niece (nurse) who thinks she is a DOCTOR.

It is my understanding Casey's health insurance paid for her delivery, because at the time she was working "for reals" and continued to work for a few months after having Caylee, now Cindy claims the only Dr. bill she paid for Caylee was shortly after Caylee's birth...uh??..why??..even if Casey was on maternity leave she would still have ins coverage for Caylee..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV