2009.04.09 Cindy's Deposition #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh help me here Turbo. I thought the records for 6/29 corroborated the chase story?

I am not sure about this, but I do believe in the speedpass records, there was not any date in the time frame which showed Cindy's car and then George's car going through even close together in time. The date I believe you are refering to is when Cindy's car did go through off Boggy Creek (where he said) but not George's. That led me to believe either one of two scenarios.......
1. KC did have Cindy's car and George was in KC's car because it was behind his at the house (KC did not have a speedpass) or........
2. KC was in Tony's jeep and George followed her in Cindy's car. I can assume LE drew the same deductions and got Tony's speed pass too, but has not released it.

I am not in any way sticking up for the Anths, their behavior was reprehensible, those other atty's are only human and I realize the Anths had been badgering, goading and argumentative with them from the get go. Not to mention rude, disrespectful, hostile, childish, bad-mannered, blasphemous, contemptuous, discourteous, disgracious, flippant, ill-mannered, impertinent, impious, impolite, impudent, insolent, irreverent, out-of-line, uncivil, ungracious. :furious: Feel free to add anything I may have missed!

Just speaking from a legal standpoint the Anths are only witnesses here (until charges are brought!!) Mitnick doesn't have to prove who did harm Caylee to prove his ZG did not. I believe he is trying to do someone else's job when he starts pushing some of his questions to things that will be answered in the criminal case.

That business about the glasses was just plain childish! It shows were Geo is coming from, he thinks like an 8 y.o.

I don't know the legal perimeters are in FL but I can't see what the car chase that did't take place in July have to do with ZG, or really what the PI's have to with ZG either. Maybe it's just me! IDK
Not sure if this has been answered, but IIRC GA wasn't believing Casey actually had a job and was taking off to see where she was headed.

I am not sure about this, but I do believe in the speedpass records, there was not any date in the time frame which showed Cindy's car and then George's car going through even close together in time. The date I believe you are refering to is when Cindy's car did go through off Boggy Creek (where he said) but not George's. That led me to believe either one of two scenarios.......
1. KC did have Cindy's car and George was in KC's car because it was behind his at the house (KC did not have a speedpass) or........
2. KC was in Tony's jeep and George followed her in Cindy's car. I can assume LE drew the same deductions and got Tony's speed pass too, but has not released it.
No wonder I am confused! Thanks Turbo I appreciate you taking time to write that out.

*bolding mine*

Excellent post! ITA! When the news of this situation broke, I was stunned. Anyone who has heard the 911 calls made by Cindy felt some form of sympathy/empathy for her. Cindy's apprehension and fear were tangible. I feel for the Anthonys because they have lost a grandchild, but that does not absolve them from being honest about Casey's actions. The Anthonys have crafted a world for Casey where delusion, deception, and enablement abound. Just as we must hold Casey accountable for her actions, her own parents must take responsibility as well. The Anthonys must come to terms with the fact that justice for Caylee means incarceration for Casey. It is as simple as that...IMO as usual...

:clap::clap::clap:
Very well said!

I just want to say that I'm so proud of CA!
She sat there and answered questions that had nothing to do with the ZG case, and she took it, and she took it. The threats of contempt of court. The repeating the same questions again and again, wearing her down. Grilling is the word! Big shots with all the power. HA
She has the worst atty on the face of the earth. All three attys made me sick, attys like them give the whole lot a bad name. imo
LE will use this to find out how to work her against her daughter in her coming trial.
But in the end of the deposition, CA smack em down.
Good for her.
Congrats CA. I'm proud of you!!!
They looked menacing, but you made em look like fools.
You go girl!

Which planet are you on? Referring not to your comments, but to your avatar of course! LOL!

Cindy showed a very ugly side of her--her inner 'cindy' her very 'being .
She and Casey are both so cold hearted. What she said about ZG being "not a ten" and her teeth clearly not white and straight..was just mean.

I see 'evil' in that womans eyes.

What a strange, strange family.

God Bless poor little Caylee.

cindy is all about appearance, and that fact leaves me w/ a very large puzzle.
why would a woman who's prime motivation in life seems to be the appearance of perfection behave as she did in the deposition. she knows it's being recorded and will be shown on the news, talk shows and the internet and yet she makes no attempt to stop herself from behaving like an unstable, deceitful, nasty, rage filled loon! she was actually relishing in it - smirking and winking and then the half grin at the end, it was chilling.
i cannot find a way to reconcile the two: her appearance meaning everything and her appearance at the deposition.
did she think that this would be regarded by the world as the way one should act and not only acceptable but highly appropriate ... and if she does it begs the question, is she actually barking?
i'm not saying that for dramatic effect. it's something i am now giving serious consideration to.

ETA sorry, i just realized this seems a bit OT.
I come from a very dysfunctional family of origin for which appearance was everything. We were in many ways frighteningly like the Anthonys. (Father wouldn't work, mother supported the family, sister's teen pregnancy denied/ignored, felon grandchild's behavior denied/excused/paid for, etc.)

Both of my parents were equally obsessed with appearance. My father was (well, is) a sociopath, though, and could at least pretend to keep his cool, at least publicly.

My mother's pathologies were different. While she was generally very strong--she really did keep the family afloat, which was hard to do---when pressured too much, she cracked, and did it in an ugly, ugly way that belied the emphasis on appearance. Watching Cindy Anthony was like watching my mother when my mother was pushed too far--and it was scary!

My mother survived the humiliation by repressing and denying--much like she repressed/denied anything that was unpleasant.

By and large, she was able to either (a) rationalize her behavior (it was necessary to get what she wanted, it was provoked...whatever); or (b) convince herself that she comported herself perfectly--that there was nothing wrong with how she'd behaved.

There was never, EVER any acknowledgement, from either parent, that they'd behaved badly. There was never an apology. Unthinkable! Perfect people don't have anything to apologize for!

I would wager that Cindy Anthony is similar. She will, in some way, convince herself that her behavior was provoked. If that doesn't work, she will convince herself that she behaved perfectly. Once she does that, nothing will sway her. And there will never be an acknowledgement of misbehavior or an apology. Ever.

I remember BondJamesBond doing a great analysis of it and that is what I was recalling.
Of course perhaps it happened, but they wished it hadn't.

here we go..this was what i was thinking of and it is old, so new info has obviously come out then. thanks for that info mmb:)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2917163&postcount=4

aha! LE apparently hadn't made this connection? (They said it didn't happen because the two cars could not be matched up on those roads at the same time!)

But if we throw ToNE's car into the mix, that was absolute brilliance on BJB part and I missed it! So back to square 1, George lost her on the tollway!! (at 86 mph no less)

So next question would be does ToNE have an EPass? and has LE seen it, if he does? Why would C & G lie about KC's car being in the drive, as we know it was at Amscot on 6/29?

Of course Cindy would remember all these details from 11/12 mos ago!

Thanks for the link JBean!!

I am so appalled by the way the Anthonys have misdirected their anger toward LE and recently very much toward JM and co. I am well aware that these people aren't enduring anything normal and that they aren't the brightest bunch, "no offense, sweetie." But, a few moments of true soul-searching would lead most rational humans to direct that anger toward the perp who killed their granddaughter. Most rational humans would also deduce that that perp is Casey. Morgan et al are just doing a job. It's not a glamorous job and it may seem frivilous to some, but so are manicures. A modicum of class would do in this instance.

Misdirected anger is an understatement.
I would have expected them to be angry with the murderer of their grandchild - who is (by their account) still walking around somewhere.

IF they believe that A Zenaida Gonzalez kidnapped and murdered their baby, they'd be running around insisting we all look for the real ZG.

The fact that they haven't done the above, shows they don't believe there is a ZFG nanny, and they don't believe there is a killer on the loose.

No wonder I am confused! Thanks Turbo I appreciate you taking time to write that out.

Now, now sweet JBean this case is so crystal clear and you cannot keep up. I am shocked!:rolleyes:
hehehe

cindy is all about appearance, and that fact leaves me w/ a very large puzzle.
why would a woman who's prime motivation in life seems to be the appearance of perfection behave as she did in the deposition. she knows it's being recorded and will be shown on the news, talk shows and the internet and yet she makes no attempt to stop herself from behaving like an unstable, deceitful, nasty, rage filled loon! she was actually relishing in it - smirking and winking and then the half grin at the end, it was chilling.
i cannot find a way to reconcile the two: her appearance meaning everything and her appearance at the deposition.
did she think that this would be regarded by the world as the way one should act and not only acceptable but highly appropriate ... and if she does it begs the question, is she actually barking?
i'm not saying that for dramatic effect. it's something i am now giving serious consideration to.

ETA sorry, i just realized this seems a bit OT.
...it also didn't stop DM from behaving the way he did way back when and look...he's still promoting KFs. With CA, she just doesn't care...she's entitled to behave any way she wants. She just DOES NOT care what anyone thinks!!

Her story also didn't jive with an earlier one in which she said Casey didn't want to go in the water because it was too cold. Ok...maybe it's a slight slip...but I also felt that she eluded to the fact that if there was a fight it wasn't with her...could it have been GA? Does anyone know/ remember what time he worked that day?

IIRC GA got home 11/11:30

At the end of C's depo:

THE WITNESS: You've purgered yourself with
this because she's not Fernandez.
MR. DILL: Let's go off the video record.
THE WITNESS: There you go. You want to fight
it, go for it. To us, she's Zenaida
Fernandez-Gonzalez.

She was pointing at something - was it ZG? Is she saying that ZG in the room IS the ZFG that "took Caylee"?
If that's true, isn't that BIG?
If not, what was she saying there? I have to say I got lost a few times - even reading the transcript.

Misdirected anger is an understatement.
I would have expected them to be angry with the murderer of their grandchild - who is (by their account) still walking around somewhere.

IF they believe that A Zenaida Gonzalez kidnapped and murdered their baby, they'd be running around insisting we all look for the real ZG.

The fact that they haven't done the above, shows they don't believe there is a ZFG nanny, and they don't believe there is a killer on the loose.
One of the "highlights" of the depo (for me, at least) was when they questioned Cindy as to what she did to find ZFG. She stated she was letting LE and the PIs handle it. Then they asked her what searches the PIs did and she stated to her knowledge the only search they did was that one time in Nov. looking for Caylee. But, the PIs had found a ZFG in Puerto Rico and they're still working on that (?). My question is....where were the PIs searching...on the Internet? If she was trusting them to "search" how come she couldn't state where they HAD searched? It still doesn't explain why SHE never did. Overall, I got the feeling that she was trying to distance herself from any knowledge the PIs had.

Not sure if this has been answered, but IIRC GA wasn't believing Casey actually had a job and was taking off to see where she was headed.

CA states she doesn't know the reason GA chased KC. She said they'd have to ask GA. But what you say sounds right and would make sense.

I added her comments to the June 29 thread.

Keep in mind that none of the stuff on the ping threads is gospel. BJB has said many times that his postings are subject to change. As far as I know, the pingmasters are just trying to piece together all of the evidence and get some factual substantiation to back up theory and evidence.

I don't think she would admit there was anything wrong with her behavior! She is either the little person standing up against "the man" for all wrongs ever perpetrated. Or she is above all this, she was showing them she will not be dragged down to their level. Maybe both of those things, IDK.

To me Cindy is very obviously not "normal", she doesn't see things the way normal does, she does act like normal does. I'm truly to the point the only thing that would surprise me is for her to start acting like a descent human being. Otherwise I think Cindy is going to go along in Cindyville treating those in orbit around her like carp and stepping on anyone who gets in her way.
---------
missmybaby,I totally agree! She actually thinks she is right. This trial should be something else. I would say "thanks" but even clearing cookies I cant.

I just want to say that I'm so proud of CA!
She sat there and answered questions that had nothing to do with the ZG case, and she took it, and she took it. The threats of contempt of court. The repeating the same questions again and again, wearing her down. Grilling is the word! Big shots with all the power. HA
She has the worst atty on the face of the earth. All three attys made me sick, attys like them give the whole lot a bad name. imo
LE will use this to find out how to work her against her daughter in her coming trial.
But in the end of the deposition, CA smack em down.
Good for her.
Congrats CA. I'm proud of you!!!
They looked menacing, but you made em look like fools.
You go girl!

Possibly you were reacting to the perceived bullying tactics. I too always get my back up when I think that someone is being ganged up on. I don’t happen to feel that this was one of those situations but everyone’s perception is different. In my opinion, the lawyers showed great restraint in not telling Cindy to go take a flying leap. (Only kidding).
It’s impossible for me to feel any empathy/sympathy for Cindy or George anymore. They just seem way too delighted when they think that they have scored a point for the defense (and the heck with it if it doesn’t make any sense). They should definitely lose those self-satisfied smirks. I thought that Cindy’s behavior was inexcusable – if she were a child it would have gotten her grounded (hey Cindy – you might have tried that or something similar on Casey, maybe if you had Caylee would still be alive). There are just so many things about Cindy that I find bizarre. Does this women really think that anybody would believe that she wouldn’t have moved heaven and earth looking for ZG if she really had phone numbers and address’s for her? Just how stupid does she think people are?

I honestly don't think the jurors will feel any sympathy for Casey during the criminal phase because of George and Cindy, as Bill S. said. During sentencing, well, that may be another matter. If they put the DP back on the table that could be a mitigating factor. What worries me is that they'll seat a jury primarily of young people who might like to party a lot and who can relate to Casey. Maybe even one of them sent money to her account because he felt sorry for her. These are the things that worry me. After OJ, I take nothing for granted.

I'm KC's age and live in Manhattan so I like to go out and have fun but have friends who are also KC's age and probably partied more than her. I've asked all my friends (roughly 15 people) their stance on her and they think she's a disgrace who deserves to rot in jail, as do I. I don't think fellow partiers will take pity on her IMO. In fact she gives partiers a bad name..like partying is more important than your child and worth killing your child over. Also, they wouldn't be able to put someone who sent her money on the jury. I'm sure they have the names of all those people and pretty sure that's not allowed.

CA states she doesn't know the reason GA chased KC. She said they'd have to ask GA. But what you say sounds right and would make sense.

I added her comments to the June 29 thread.

Keep in mind that none of the stuff on the ping threads is gospel. BJB has said many times that his postings are subject to change. As far as I know, the pingmasters are just trying to piece together all of the evidence and get some factual substantiation to back up theory and evidence.
A far as I recall, the working theory is that KC turned up in AL's jeep on 29th around 5:30pm. Theorised she was looking to steal gas AGAIN! because she was desperate to get gas for her car. (out of gas at Amscot since 27th). GA saw her in AL jeep and mistook it for CA's SUV. He did give chase and e pass records do confirm his "high speed" trip, but nothing for CA's car. I have not heard if checks were done on AL's e pass. I think it was next day KC was still looking to get gas and conned Amy into buying a gas can that KC could use. By the time she got to Amscot the car had been impounded and towed.

I come from a very dysfunctional family of origin for which appearance was everything. We were in many ways frighteningly like the Anthonys. (Father wouldn't work, mother supported the family, sister's teen pregnancy denied/ignored, felon grandchild's behavior denied/excused/paid for, etc.)

Both of my parents were equally obsessed with appearance. My father was (well, is) a sociopath, though, and could at least pretend to keep his cool, at least publicly.

My mother's pathologies were different. While she was generally very strong--she really did keep the family afloat, which was hard to do---when pressured too much, she cracked, and did it in an ugly, ugly way that belied the emphasis on appearance. Watching Cindy Anthony was like watching my mother when my mother was pushed too far--and it was scary!

My mother survived the humiliation by repressing and denying--much like she repressed/denied anything that was unpleasant.

By and large, she was able to either (a) rationalize her behavior (it was necessary to get what she wanted, it was provoked...whatever); or (b) convince herself that she comported herself perfectly--that there was nothing wrong with how she'd behaved.

There was never, EVER any acknowledgement, from either parent, that they'd behaved badly. There was never an apology. Unthinkable! Perfect people don't have anything to apologize for!

I would wager that Cindy Anthony is similar. She will, in some way, convince herself that her behavior was provoked. If that doesn't work, she will convince herself that she behaved perfectly. Once she does that, nothing will sway her. And there will never be an acknowledgement of misbehavior or an apology. Ever.

Thank you for sharing your story. I know several people who can't/won't ever admit they're wrong or say they're sorry. They just blow through life blaming and complaining and pointing their fingers at everyone else when things don't go their way.

I never really thought about sociopaths before or stuff like that. Now I'm asking myself could that be the problem with so and so. It's scary stuff but it's better to know about these things than to remain uneducated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV