2009.04.09 - George Anthony Deposition (video link included)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember this well. George's exact words were "take your flunkies and get out of my house". I was so happy that Allen made a point of getting that statement into the deposition. As a matter of fact, he repeated it a few times and wanted to know from DC who exactly George was referring to. George really needs to start wearing a diaper on his head.

Thank you for the correct phraise. GA is something else for sure.

If I were Mitnick, I would have ended the depo after five minutes and obtained an order to have a discovery referee present. Who does GA think he's helping by being so obstreperous? I felt bad for George when he tried to kill himself but I always thought he was an ******* with major anger issues. The judge will not rule in GA's favor on the privilege issue--there was no pending legal case against them and the PI was not hired to help with any potential obstruction charges. BC is as bad as GA. If GA testifies like this at trial he will not be doing his daughter any favors.

WASTE. WHAT A HUGE WASTE! HUGE!

I've seen my share of depos. Wow, this one pretty much tops most I've seen.

Can anyone say hostile witness on the witness stand?

I'm surprised that BC couldn't manage his client better than that. Shame on George. That's hard for me to even type, knowing he's lost his granddaughter. He is not helping their case/cause. Not at all.

:furious:

Mitnik fires back (p. 62)

Mitnik: I am not going to be dictated as to what questions I can ask or not. Is it sensitive? Is it horrible to have to ask this man these questions? Amen. But it doesn't change the fact that I've got to put on my work hat and ask my questions. I'm not going to sit here and be bereted and argue every question I ask and be told what I can and can't ask. So I've got a job to do.

Please forgive me, but I've been working all day and have to go out. Can someone please give me a brief synopsis of what's been going on? It sounds terrible...and I've only read a few posts. Pretty please!!!!

PS...this is the guy who's heading up a foundation for children???!!

Oh boy. GA is a lying . I have a whole new impression of him now.

I now have no doubt whatsoever that not only is he capable of obstruction of justice, but that he is guilty of same.

I hope Stickland hands Conway his *** on a platter and holds George in contempt.

All in all, GA thinks this is all a waste of his time. Just a huge waste of his precious time.

But, it is nice to know that no one named ZFG is on George's "suspect" list even though he believes his daughter and that a ZFG is involved.

This guy will fall apart on the stand like a $2 mop.

at this point, I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if George attempts to take the blame for Caylee's death -

$2 Mop - the best description of this man I've read yet!!!!

Sick Sick Sick! I'm only through pg 46 and I can't read another word of this trash! I sincerely hope that he is charged for all of the lies he is telling. I am sick and tired of the A's thinking they don't have to follow the rules like the rest of us do. I have no sympathy for this family WHATSOEVER!!! Poor Caylee didn't stand a chance in this environment! :(

Oh my particular part about this whole thing
Metnick asks " Do you have a belief, who would be on your list that did this?"
And GA answers "I'm not going to discuss anything about my daughter further with you"

OMG! Big OOOPPPS on George. Why don't you just come right out and say it " I believe my daughter did murder her child and tried to frame ZG." Did anyone else catch this?

I sure didn't. Thanks !!!

Would some one with sense PLEASE, PLEASE make that girl plea out and end this charade, once and for all.

One investigation leads to another investigation and opens another complaint, and perhaps another charge.

And there is no justice whatsoever on the near horizon for Caylee.

I am so appreciative of all of you who have kept that in the front of your minds and hearts for so long now, because this is just not coming from her family. And it makes me cry.

OK - Just started reading the depo .... from the first question ------ can we say

HOSTILE WITNESS

I think the point is for the public to be sympathetic to them, but it's backfiring. If he takes this tone and position in the criminal case, his credibility will be destroyed, if it's not been already simply by the contradictions in the civil deposition.

It's one thing to be angry at what you are going through, it's another thing to lash out and be sarcastic and openly hostile to people who are just doing their jobs. This attitude will make a jury wonder if the hostility and extremely short temper runs in the family.

After seeing just a little bit of this, all I can think of is poor little Caylee - she didn't stand a chance. She was rescued and taken to Heaven, and because of her very short life, all of us have learned some very important lessons.

I have so many problems with this depo I just - my head is spinning.

At least after the break, his lawyer must have warned him, because he seemed more civil.

But this whole thing is absolutely ridiculous.

George, I am so disappointed in you. I thought your granddaughter meant the world to you. Why are you protecting her killer?

Okay so Mitnick insisted on the break after he gave Conway hell. Conway said he would talk with his client privately.

They have come back (I'm at Part 2, 21 minutes). It's obvious that Conway had a Come-to-Jesus talk with George. George is calmer (maybe Brad gave him a Xanny? Sorry, couldn't resist that, but George is significantly calmer.) and now answering questions almost like the average U.S. citizen would.

Talking about George's statement to LE where he talks about Cindy being handed Caylee as soon as Caylee was born. No, no. Somebody cooked up all that about there being conflict between KC and Cindy over Caylee. Huh?

George: "Every family has a little bit of dysfunction to it."

Finally, I got a laugh out of this whole thing.

Would some one with sense PLEASE, PLEASE make that girl plea out and end this charade, once and for all.

One investigation leads to another investigation and opens another complaint, and perhaps another charge.

I am so appreciative of all of you who have kept that in the front of your minds and hearts for so long now, because this is just not coming from her family. And it makes me cry.

how sad is that? others seem to remember Caylee---they seem to remember her only to use her for whatever they are trying to scam.....shameful people! :bang::furious:

It makes me cry too. Every single day.

Remember when John Allen questioned DC about George telling the detectives to get the f*ck out of his house and complaining about the house being messed up? John Allen couldn't get over how GA behaved this way when they were only trying to bring justice to Caylee's killer.

Yea, and George told J Allen, "Take your flunkies with you".:furious:
Nice way to talk to the only people standing by Caylee.

In all his arrogance and superiority while so rudely challenging Mitnik, has he forgotten that Mitnik has about 8 years upper education, possibly more. How do you compare, George? Perhaps it is an inferiority complex.

If I were Mitnick, I would have ended the depo after five minutes and obtained an order to have a discovery referee present. Who does GA think he's helping by being so obstreperous? I felt bad for George when he tried to kill himself but I always thought he was an ******* with major anger issues. The judge will not rule in GA's favor on the privilege issue--there was no pending legal case against them and the PI was not hired to help with any potential obstruction charges. BC is as bad as GA. If GA testifies like this at trial he will not be doing his daughter any favors.

But it will be different in court----right? He won't be able to sit there and act like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildandfree