2009.04.09 - George Anthony Deposition (video link included)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who feels sorry for George? I understand why JM was asking certain questions, but he could have been a bit nicer. He came off as a complet *advertiser censored** in my book.

You are not alone. I believe many of those questions were unnecessary, and it was certainly unnecessary to videotape the session and turn it over to the media afterward.

I also believe GA was too belligerent, and the Mitnick/Morgan crew had a point when they said Brad C. did not prepare his client properly.

You are not alone. I believe many of those questions were unnecessary, and it was certainly unnecessary to videotape the session and turn it over to the media afterward.

I also believe GA was too belligerent, and the Mitnick/Morgan crew had a point when they said Brad C. did not prepare his client properly.

From a legal standpoint, it's my opinion that all of the questions asked were appropriate. The videotaping of depositions is also done as a matter of course because you can admit them into evidence at trial without having to call the witness, it's just much better for the trial for various reasons I don't need to get into here. Just my opinion, but I think the Anthonys love drama, can't function without it, if it doesn't exist they create it, (KC got her histrionic personality from her parents), they intentionally were combative and obstreperous, knowing full well it would create a media storm, and they enjoyed and are still enjoying every minute of it.

Am I the only one who feels sorry for George? I understand why JM was asking certain questions, but he could have been a bit nicer. He came off as a complet *advertiser censored** in my book.

I used to feel sorry for him, but I just don't anymore. He has changed his story one too many times. I can't feel sorry for someone who deliberately lies and impedes an investigation into a murder of an innocent little child. George's m.o. now is to completely cover for his daughter. He doesn't seem to care that she murdered Caylee, and it's obvious he will stop at nothing to protect her now. I don't care how much of an azz Morgan was to George. I have a lot of respect for Morgan for being a bulldog and doing his job in his efforts to find the TRUTH of what happened to Caylee. The Anthony's sure don't seem to be doing anything to find the truth. You call JM an azz; I call him a victim's advocate. JM may have taken on the job of being ZG's attorney, but it's obvious he's not in it for the money or fame. He doesn't need either. I think JM is more about finding the truth. Something ALL of the Ant's run away from - including George.

From a legal standpoint, it's my opinion that all of the questions asked were appropriate. The videotaping of depositions is also done as a matter of course because you can admit them into evidence at trial without having to call the witness, it's just much better for the trial for various reasons I don't need to get into here. Just my opinion, but I think the Anthonys love drama, can't function without it, if it doesn't exist they create it, (KC got her histrionic personality from her parents), they intentionally were combative and obstreperous, knowing full well it would create a media storm, and they enjoyed and are still enjoying every minute of it.

I'm sure they were appropriate, but I just didn't like the tone in which they were asked. I'm probably being oversensitive.

Redundancy is necessary in a depo to get the answers you need. George wouldn't answer a question straight on, he was evasive, so they had to re-ask many thing a different way. Videotaping depos is also standard procedure for lawyers so that it can be played back in court. Probably it was turned over to the media because of the Sunshine laws related to Discovery.

Redundancy is necessary in a depo to get the answers you need. George wouldn't answer a question straight on, he was evasive, so they had to re-ask many thing a different way. Videotaping depos is also standard procedure for lawyers so that it can be played back in court. Probably it was turned over to the media because of the Sunshine laws related to Discovery.

I understand videotaping the depo, but I don't agree with turning it over to the media right afterward. There's no need for that.

I understand videotaping the depo, but I don't agree with turning it over to the media right afterward. There's no need for that.

It's either now or later (Florida Sunshine Laws). Why delay the inevitable?

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

I know Florida has the Sunshine Law, but they couldn't have waited a bit to turn them over.

I'm certain you're correct. I'm baffled at how little respect they have for the proceedings. There are no words (least none that I can think of).

Me either. They both seemed to follow the same script. Evade, belittle and when that doesn't get them out of answering, pick something, pushing up glasses, the term remains, video tape, etc. to cry foul play and threaten to walk out.
I applaud the attorneys for their resolve.
Brad conway, this did not put you or your clients in a good light.

Me either. They both seemed to follow the same script. Evade, belittle and when that doesn't get them out of answering, pick something, pushing up glasses, the term remains, video tape, etc. to cry foul play and threaten to walk out.
I applaud the attorneys for their resolve.
Brad conway, this did not put you or your clients in a good light.
AYYYEEKK!!! LancelotLink! Is that you!? First time I've seen you today! Take off that horrible mask and put your monkey face back on! It's skeerrring me!:crazy:

It's either now or later (Florida Sunshine Laws). Why delay the inevitable?

Are the sunshine laws the same for evidence collected in a civil case? And who is turning over what to whom in this matter... Brad Conway was there. He saw the whole thing. Technically, the videotaping doesn't need to be "turned over" to him like it would in a criminal case. Are we sure releasing the tape to the media was necessary? I bet it could easily have been avoided. But the attorneys talking on JVM last night were right IMO... Morgan and Company are salivating at the publicity.

EXACTLY!!!! This whole defamation lawsuit is a joke!! Mr. Morgan & Co. were delving into the criminal case.. most of the questions had NOTHING to do with Ms. ZG's case and everything to do with Casey's criminal trial. Both Cindy and George told them that this woman was not the ZFG, that her name was not even Fernandez, that she did not fit the description Casey gave. Casey even said it was not her when shown a picture of this woman. It should have ended right there. Instead, they kept badgering. These people have not been able to deal with the fact that their granddaughter is dead... they should not have been put through this!! Mr. Morgan should be ASHAMED of himself!! Let him take it to a judge.. let the judge read the transcript and watch the videotape of these depositions... he would probably throw this case out of court!!
I listened to the TH attornies on JVM last night and they all agreed... this was wrong and should never have been allowed. Mr. Morgan is in danger of losing his license.. he is a very poor attorney, IMO.
GOOD FOR GEORGE FOR LOSING HIS TEMPER!! GOOD FOR CINDY FOR LOSING HER TEMPER!! It's time somebody stood up for them and stopped this whole danged circus!!

Completely disagree....there would not be a civil case if there were not a horrendous crime. A crime covered up by Casey and her family with diabolical lying. A crime they have all continued to blame on ZFG. All the questions Mr. Morgan asked went directly to prove there really is no such thing as a ZFG, who Casey accused of taking her child. This is a pretty big accusation. How can you possibly say the two are not related. ZG wouldn't have even brought this lawsuit had Casey not accused her. I don't follow your logic here at all.

(BTW, I thought the JVM show last night was beyond lame, they went to press way too quickly with the latest videos and were unprepared and it showed.)

EXACTLY!!!! This whole defamation lawsuit is a joke!! Mr. Morgan & Co. were delving into the criminal case.. most of the questions had NOTHING to do with Ms. ZG's case and everything to do with Casey's criminal trial. Both Cindy and George told them that this woman was not the ZFG, that her name was not even Fernandez, that she did not fit the description Casey gave. Casey even said it was not her when shown a picture of this woman. It should have ended right there. Instead, they kept badgering. These people have not been able to deal with the fact that their granddaughter is dead... they should not have been put through this!! Mr. Morgan should be ASHAMED of himself!! Let him take it to a judge.. let the judge read the transcript and watch the videotape of these depositions... he would probably throw this case out of court!!
I listened to the TH attornies on JVM last night and they all agreed... this was wrong and should never have been allowed. Mr. Morgan is in danger of losing his license.. he is a very poor attorney, IMO.
GOOD FOR GEORGE FOR LOSING HIS TEMPER!! GOOD FOR CINDY FOR LOSING HER TEMPER!! It's time somebody stood up for them and stopped this whole danged circus!!

I must disagree with a few points here. First of all, it was KC who gave the name "Zenaida FERNANDEZ Gonzalez," as well as various physical descriptions, therefore--consider the source of THAT information. Secondly, KC did not NOT identify her, nor did she identify her when shown photos. THE ZG in the lawsuit IS the very same ZG who was at Sawgrass Apt in June when KC gave LE the Sawgrass story. Her description included the same color car, the make was different, but VERY similar to the kind of car THIS ZG drives. Is there suddenly merit to the "info" KC gave about the invisinanny now? THIS ZG has lost her job, her home, has been denied employment, and has been accused by strangers in Orlando of being a kidnapper and murderer, and her children have been harrassed as well. Thirdly, while I do believe GA and CA are deeply scarred and hurt by the murder of Caylee, keep in mind they are NOT going to bat for Caylee. Nobody in that family is. It is now all about KC for them. Even if KC goes to prison for the rest of her life, at least she will be living, they can see her, visit her, and she WILL carve out a life behind the fence. Any life Caylee might have had the chance to live was stolen by her theiving mother.

The above said, I will admit that perhaps the civil suit should have been postponed until after the criminal trial, but by that time, ZG's life might have been irreparably damaged. IDK. All is JMO.

Completely disagree....there would not be a civil case if there were not a horrendous crime. A crime covered up by Casey and her family with diabolical lying. A crime they have all continued to blame on ZFG. All the questions Mr. Morgan asked went directly to prove there really is no such thing as a ZFG, who Casey accused of taking her child. This is a pretty big accusation. How can you possibly say the two are not related. ZG wouldn't have even brought this lawsuit had Casey not accused her. I don't follow your logic here at all.

(BTW, I thought the JVM show last night was beyond lame, they went to press way too quickly with the latest videos and were unprepared and it showed.)

:clap::clap::clap:Couldnt agree more:clap::clap:

IMO. JVM shouldnt have her own show until she learns how to intro, segway (sp) , and close a topic. She is the worst..IMO of course

ummm...taking bets on the next "staged" suicide attempt for sympathy......1 week?

Hmmm, I was pondering this myself! This weekend is my guess. I really wish the SA is working on warrants right now and plans late Friday afternoon arrests. They can't hurt themselves in jail.

I "could" or "would" feel sorry for both CA & GA if they just finally took their masquerade masks off and looked at the facts, their daughter killed their granddaughter. Now, if they could just admit that is the "truth" and then spin their "reasons" why KC may have done this, and be "truthful" ... I mean, come on, if they didn't do anything that could be used against "them" ... why all of the lies and mistruths????? I feel everyone would have more sympathy or empathy for them if they would just admit the "truth", and use their "spin" tactics as much as they want as far as why they believe their daughter did this to their granddaughter. Everyone would ease up on them, I do believe.

This whole situation is perpetuated by all of the lying....can't they see this????? Come clean, the burden they carry in their hearts and souls would be uplifted and they may be able to someday find the peace they feel they deserve after all of this, and they would be able to feel that they told what they knew, honestly, for their granddaughter & her memory.

I wish that Caylee's presence could truly be felt by these grandparents, if they truly could feel this child in their hearts, they would find out that the truth can only sent them free, once and for all!

JMO, of course

I would say that even if they could acknowledge that as a possibility I would have more sympathy!

I used to feel sorry for him, but I just don't anymore. He has changed his story one too many times. I can't feel sorry for someone who deliberately lies and impedes an investigation into a murder of an innocent little child. George's m.o. now is to completely cover for his daughter. He doesn't seem to care that she murdered Caylee, and it's obvious he will stop at nothing to protect her now. I don't care how much of an azz Morgan was to George. I have a lot of respect for Morgan for being a bulldog and doing his job in his efforts to find the TRUTH of what happened to Caylee. The Anthony's sure don't seem to be doing anything to find the truth. You call JM an azz; I call him a victim's advocate. JM may have taken on the job of being ZG's attorney, but it's obvious he's not in it for the money or fame. He doesn't need either. I think JM is more about finding the truth. Something ALL of the Ant's run away from - including George.

What is worse is that I do not believe they are covering up for Casey - I believe they are covering up for themselves - to save face - to convince the world that they are good and wonderful parents!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l