2009.04.13 State To Seek Death Penalty For Casey Anthony #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you Mendara. I think Baez is in this for his own publicity.

I now see why he and KC get along so well, they are good at spinning tales. He is so arrogant to say if the State thinks this will get her to plea, they are mistaken. So this means he will take it to the end. KC would need to get on the witness stand and tell her story otherwise, the jurors will not lean to not guilty.

KC just can't wait to tell her tale, I'll bet she's gone over it a zillion times in her mind. Baez should be telling her how detrimental the evidence is and it's stacked against her. He should rethink his strategy and not drag this out, KC needs to come clean. He should also spare the gory details of Caylee's last moments on earth, Caylee is the only person who deserves justice, KC, well I see KC rotting in prison for the rest of her sorry life. I think the DP is too short, she needs to relive this day after day with Caylee's pictures hanging on her cell wall. I hope KC has nightmares each and every night of her life.

Nothing I've seen so far in the discovery documents suggests someone other than KC is responsible for Caylee's death. Everything leads back to KC, the last one to be with her child. The mother who did not call authorities to say her child was abducted or that the nanny moved from her apartment. Not once did KC plead for the safe return of her child. Instead she parties hardy, get's a tattoo, lives life with her newfound freedom of no child in tow.

We still don't know what the rest of the evidence holds. I see the State is showing that GA/CA and LA were clear, not involved in Caylee's demise. So Baez can't say one of them are responsible, physically but I see Baez putting CA out there as the one who pushed her over the edge. We saw the anger and rage CA had with Morgan, so I can imagine KC. KC also carries that same rage with her jailhouse video of loosing it. That is the picture I have in my mind of Caylee seeing that face, that rage as KC took her life. I also feel GGM SPleasa is correct when she said, KC hated Cindy more than she loved Caylee. It's evident to me...:mad:

Did I hear this correctly -- on HLN they said JB would have to withdraw as lead attorney from the case, as he is not certified to try DP cases? Wow - that's huge.

Has anyone else hear the same?

Melanie

Did I hear this correctly -- on HLN they said JB would have to withdraw as lead attorney from the case, as he is not certified to try DP cases? Wow - that's huge.

Melanie
Yes, they have laws regarding that. He can stay, but there must be a qualified DP attorney in charge.

What would option (e) be, CA badgering Casey? To me that wouldn't be enough to be mitigating. To me (e) would be more a case of someone trying to coerce or force Casey to hurt Caylee, which at least so far we don't have evidence of unless there is info that hasn't been released yet.
As far (a), maybe no significant history but she does have a history of petty crimes. And (b), wouldn't the defense have to prove that? Would almost go to an insanity defense in my mind.

Now I ain't no lawyer but would love to see other opinions.

To me this change from taking DP off the table to suddenly putting in back on again is big.

bolding mine**

You're right. I think mitigating circumstances (c) would be more like Patty Hearst participating in that bank robbery after being held by kidnappers a while. Maybe not the best example. But I think that's closer to what that means. JMO

Baez: Forces Out To Get Casey Anthony
State To Seek Death Penalty In Case

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's lead attorney called the state's decision to seek the death penalty against his client a "sad day for justice" and said she's "aware of the forces that are out to get her."

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19174406/detail.html

Yes, Mr. Baez, it is indeed a sad day when the government steps in and determines a two-year-old child is not something that can be killed and disposed of by her parent in whatever way said parent sees fit. (Sarcasm)
Lanie

LiveLaughLuv - It just seems to me that he has only three options all of which are just awful -

A) continue with the Zanny story or else show that his client is a great liar as she was able to fool her entire family for two years that she had a Nanny and a job, both false.

B) he has to show it was an accident - which means she will have to take the stand to tell of this accident.

C) That she was being framed by someone else. However, how does he explain her lack of concern for her child? Does he say she wasn't worried because she trusted this person? She will have to name the the person as she will have to explain who she last left her child with. Saying LE is out to get her is not enough, maybe it would have been had the body never had been found. I believe the her sleezy lawyer was trying to make sure that didn't happen.

Melanie

snipped from the article LLL posted on previous page...bold is mine

"It changes absolutely nothing. For people to be out there saying I'm going to be off the case or I'm going to be in the background, they really don't know what they're talking about," Baez said.

There are currently eight known attorneys on the Anthony defense team, and three are death-penalty qualified, Local 6 News reported. Also, three other attorneys working behind the scenes for the defense are also death-penalty qualified, sources told Local 6 News."

I think the defense will focus on their opinion that the prosecution is out to get Casey. What else have they got?

"It changes absolutely nothing. For people to be out there saying I'm going to be off the case or I'm going to be in the background, they really don't know what they're talking about," Baez said.

There are currently eight known attorneys on the Anthony defense team, and three are death-penalty qualified, Local 6 News reported. Also, three other attorneys working behind the scenes for the defense are also death-penalty qualified, sources told Local 6 News."
Who's paying for all this?

IMO Baez should be in the business of writing thriller-type novels and movies. "Forces" out to get her? What? Is Casey in the mafia or something? :rolleyes: Or maybe it's a clandestine gov't agency who must eliminate her because the fate of the world rests in her hands. :rolleyes: Just had to poke a little fun there.

IMO Baez should be in the business of writing thriller-type novels and movies. "Forces" out to get her? What? Is Casey in the mafia or something? :rolleyes: Or maybe it's a clandestine gov't agency who must eliminate her because the fate of the world rests in her hands. :rolleyes: Just had to poke a little fun there.
The "forces" must be Zanny's friends...

Not only do I not support the death penalty, except as a last case scenario (serial killer or someone extremely dangerous to society at-large - which I don't believe Casey ever could be) but I'm also concerned this could prevent a Casey conviction, which would make me very angry :(.

Dear Mr. Baez,

I will be going to Hallmark today to purchase the Sympathy Card I will be sending you on the day the jury returns a GUILTY Verdict on all counts. Have a nice day.

"Aware of the forces that are out to get her." He's as delusional as she is. The forces?! Is he going to show up in court with a light sword? Out to get her? Poor little thing is just being persecuted by the big old, mean old Pros Vader.

:eek:That must be the Defence strategy Blame The Forces.

I agree that Baez may be putting false hopes into Casey's head. Here's the thing, Casey had better get serious and make a plea deal or she will almost certainly wind up with the DP. There was a case in Ft Worth, TX where a young man, Jeffrey Dillingham, was convicted of murder and although he could have pled, he didn't and wound up getting the death penalty. His attorney convinced him that wouldn't happen because of mitigating circumstances: his age, no prior criminal history, etc., plus the fact that he had confessed. He was from a nice middle class family. His attorney was WRONG. He got the death penalty and it DESTROYED his family. He was executed at age 27 for a murder he committed at age 19. His mother and father divorced and to this day, still struggle to cope. Of course, that is just his immediate family. More distant relatives, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and even his childhood friends all have been affected by this. The family must permanently bear the shame of having an executed murderer in their family tree. Having a murderer in your family, makes the family members question themselves. It makes them wonder if they, too, are somehow capable of the same thing. And this will be a shame that is passed down through the family for generations to come. That's a terrible curse to place upon anyone. I hope that Casey will give her situation a serious re-think and make a plea for life w/o parole. She will have to tell the truth, but at this point, I believe it's her only hope of salvaging her life. She should also think about Lee and any future children he might have. Does she want them to grow up knowing that their Aunt was a child murderer who was executed? Or would Casey prefer to be known as someone who made a terrible mistake, committed a terrible crime, but was woman enough to stand up, tell the truth and accept her punishment? There is the cowards way - continuing to lie which will only insure that she will receive the death penalty and there is a way for Casey to be brave - telling the truth and accepting a plea deal. Casey needs to seriously consider exactly what she wants her legacy to be to all future generations of her family and act on that before it is too late.

A sad day for justice? What in god's name does that mean? No one is seeking justice for KC. The forces out to get her? Like GOD?

I fear this man is putting false hopes into that girl's head, he better THINK LONG AND HARD and try not to do anything else during this thinking, for he has this girl's life hanging in the balance. If he saw the evidence and there is even a chance he thinks he will lose this case and she could be put to death, he should plea.

I would hate to think he rather become famous or infamous than to save her life.

I am no KC fan, but I think she shoudl admit her wrong - do her time and maybe have a chance and spare her family the loss of another person.

I agree. Baez has done KC more injustice than the state ever will.

I agree that Baez may be putting false hopes into Casey's head. Here's the thing, Casey had better get serious and make a plea deal or she will almost certainly wind up with the DP. There was a case in Ft Worth, TX where a young man, Jeffrey Dillingham, was convicted of murder and although he could have pled, he didn't and wound up getting the death penalty. His attorney convinced him that wouldn't happen because of mitigating circumstances: his age, no prior criminal history, etc., plus the fact that he had confessed. He was from a nice middle class family. His attorney was WRONG. He got the death penalty and it DESTROYED his family. He was executed at age 27 for a murder he committed at age 19. His mother and father divorced and to this day, still struggle to cope. Of course, that is just his immediate family. More distant relatives, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and even his childhood friends all have been affected by this. The family must permanently bear the shame of having an executed murderer in their family tree. Having a murderer in your family, makes the family members question themselves. It makes them wonder if they, too, are somehow capable of the same thing. And this will be a shame that is passed down through the family for generations to come. That's a terrible curse to place upon anyone. I hope that Casey will give her situation a serious re-think and make a plea for life w/o parole. She will have to tell the truth, but at this point, I believe it's her only hope of salvaging her life. She should also think about Lee and any future children he might have. Does she want them to grow up knowing that their Aunt was a child murderer who was executed? Or would Casey prefer to be known as someone who made a terrible mistake, committed a terrible crime, but was woman enough to stand up, tell the truth and accept her punishment? There is the cowards way - continuing to lie which will only insure that she will receive the death penalty and there is a way for Casey to be brave - telling the truth and accepting a plea deal. Casey needs to seriously consider exactly what she wants her legacy to be to all future generations of her family and act on that before it is too late.

Though I agree with your point. KC has made it clear that she looks out for "numero uno." She's made it pretty obvious she could care less how her actions have affected her family, friends and associates. Furthermore, she's been bolstered by a family in complete denial that will do anything they can (probably even covering up a crime) to save KC's keyster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3