2009.05.19*REVISIT* Gonzalez's attys have amended complaint by accusing Cindy Anthony

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
THE WITNESS: Thank you, Mr. Morgan. Thank you. Go ahead. I'm done.

BY MR. MORGAN:
Q You're going to be thanking me for something
else here in a minute.

And then - it was hammer time. Only she wasn't holding it this time.

Good memory, PTM.

Linkage

The Constitution may bar a criminal defendant from being compelled to testify against himself, but in the Lawrence Horn murder trial, prosecutors may have found the next best thing.

For most of an hour today, the jury watched Horn on videotape as he gave sworn answers to key questions about the slayings of nurse Janice Roberts Saunders and his former wife, Mildred Horn, and their 8-year-old son, Trevor.

Jurors saw Horn pause after being asked whether he knew what would happen to Trevor's $1.7 million estate were the severely retarded boy to die. They watched Horn begin to smile as ...

I found that very interesting when thinking about the depositions in this civil suit. :clap:

I hope this is a strategy the prosecution will use in the trial. Her combative nature and anger will be a stark comparison to the grieving poor woman that will be presented at trial.

I completely agree MissJ! When this one is all said and done I suspect there will be entries in forensic psyche text books on CA and the pathological way in which she responded to the tragedy of the murder of her grandchild (and maybe some genetics on how these sorts of behaviors were passed on to her daughter... moo of course).

I bet this defensive behavior is nothing new to CA... I bet she has done it her entire life to include blowing things up to make her own situation seem either better or worse depending on which type of sypmathy/support she was liking to garnish. Looks like it reached up and bit her in the a$$ this time. (rightfully so in mho)

And there may be entries in forensic audit manuals as well regarding new creative "defensive" accounting techniques...

CA recently defamed all "Bloggers":)

A little OT, but Hello! bloggers have been defaming CA for the last 11 months. Everything from suggesting she may have killed caylee, to her being an alcoholic/drug addict, psychopath/sociopath etc.
I think she was very gentle in her critisim of bloggers.
And she's not out there filing defamation suits.

All CA did was repeat what was told to her, since she was speaking on KC's behalf.
There are so many lies perpetuated on here, by posters repeating misinformation they heard/read. Is that criminal? Of course not. It happens.
C'mon guys. Put aside your personal feelings and be objective.
So ZG is seeking 15 grand in damages. Poor woman cant get a job now...(neither can the A's) what was employment record like before?
Look at ZG now compared to when she first appeared BY CHOICE on national TV. Has she been job hunting, or spending her time at the salon?
JMO

CA has threatened others with defamation suits, IIRC. And in order for defamation claims to stick they have to be shown to be spurious or untrue. I'd think that might worry CA.

It might be kind of difficult to talk about employment. Frankly it's irrelevant what Ms. Gonzales has been doing with her time; she is the injured party - her reputation was ruined and has still not been formally cleared in the criminal case by her accuser who refuses to answer questions. Since the criminal trial hasn't started, who knows if the defense plans to point the finger in her direction. The Anthonys employment (or lack thereof) is their own personal choice. I see no harm to their reputation that they have not directly or indirectly caused themselves.

It is always frustrating to the public when the victim of a crime is made to appear as if they caused it themselves or have no right to recompense if the damage is not tangible or physical. $15K will not go a long ways in feeding six kids, much less come anywhere near the pain and suffering she may have endured due to this intentional involvement by KC and her family. I think we should save our greatest sympathy in this case for the people who had the least to do with it, other than Caylee herself. Ground zero is KC and the concentric circles of innocence spread outward from there to the people who were unfortunate to know her well enough to be brought into the case, to those who were forced into it by no choice of their own. The collateral damage this girl and her family have perpetrated isn't over yet either.

the night that CA made the comment that Casey was never shown a picture of *that* ZG from Sawgrass.... she said this after the fact that LE had already made it public that the ZG they questioned ...the one from Sawgrass....the only one from Sawgrass.... was not the ZG that Casey was saying took Caylee....CA kept ZG name out there as the one that could be the babysitter and the one that had Caylee......CA brought this on her self.....she would rather believe Casey then the police/evidence.....makes me so sad that no one in that family thought of Caylee first....its been only Casey.....how can they do that to their precious little grand daughter.....why does Casey mean so much more then Caylee.....they are fighting so hard for the life of Casey....but....why didn't they fight for Caylee's life?

my thoughts of the Anthony family has always been that they were so hurt by all of this that they were in denial because of the pain....I give them that....then.....

but now almost a year later....with everything that has come out about them....and now they continue to put forth all this garbage....I just don't buy it now....I'm so sad to think that money and spot light is more important to them..... then finding the truth about what happened to the wonderful little girl that they would take out every night to look up at the stars, take for a swim, take to see grandpa and give hugs and kisses to.....

sorry....i havent ranted for awhile....and i got carried away....you can delete me if you choose :)

the money/casey is what the memory of Caylee will bring to them....sick....so sick.....

Linkage

The Constitution may bar a criminal defendant from being compelled to testify against himself, but in the Lawrence Horn murder trial, prosecutors may have found the next best thing.

For most of an hour today, the jury watched Horn on videotape as he gave sworn answers to key questions about the slayings of nurse Janice Roberts Saunders and his former wife, Mildred Horn, and their 8-year-old son, Trevor.

Jurors saw Horn pause after being asked whether he knew what would happen to Trevor's $1.7 million estate were the severely retarded boy to die. They watched Horn begin to smile as ...

I found that very interesting when thinking about the depositions in this civil suit. :clap:

I hope this is a strategy the prosecution will use in the trial. Her combative nature and anger will be a stark comparison to the grieving poor woman that will be presented at trial.

Oh I definitely believe that the SA is loving this lawsuit. All parties have lawyered up and refuse to speak to LE regarding the criminal case...but they all gotta answer Morgan. Love it love it love it!

Yes, and it's like music to my ears. Noone in this family batted an eye while pointing the finger at innocent people, in an attempt to clear Casey. Hopefully, NOW the lesson begins for them, a lesson that most people don't need to be taught, you just can't do that. :)

My thoughts exactly, SFT! This may be the first time that they will all pay dearly for the lies and cover-up of their precious Caylee's murder. I imagine they have pointed the finger of blame to many people throughout the years to rescue KC. Well, they have the whole world watching this time and they can't just throw good people under the bus without paying consequences. KARMA!!!

Yes, and it's like music to my ears. Noone in this family batted an eye while pointing the finger at innocent people, in an attempt to clear Casey. Hopefully, NOW the lesson begins for them, a lesson that most people don't need to be taught, you just can't do that. :)

I think Cindy should count her blessings that this is the only law suit she is named in. She really put it out there that it was Jessie, she put it out there it was KC's friends and or new friends.
IMO, it is about time her mouth cost her a buck a minute. I for one could not believe she said she had phone number s & address s for Zannie when she told the FBI she didnt. I want see the crap she said she turned over.

:):):) Several of our old time members predicited this would happen to Cindy. I think we all went back & forth if something she said on TV could be used in a lawsuit. Now we know.

I think Cindy should count her blessings that this is the only law suit she is named in. She really put it out there that it was Jessie, she put it out there it was KC's friends and or new friends.
IMO, it is about time her mouth cost her a buck a minute. I for one could not believe she said she had phone number s & address s for Zannie when she told the FBI she didnt. I want see the crap she said she turned over.

You are so right.

I don't have a link handy, but I am sure that on one of JG's last appearances with his lawyer it was mentioned that he may look into actions against the A's. It was fairly recent.

Does anyone else remember this?

I'm encouraged by this part of a statement by Mitnik:

If Gonzalez's wins the lawsuit, how could Anthony -- an unemployed single mother who remains in the Orange County Jail -- pay any damages?

Mitnik said he didn't know.

However, he pointed out if she struck any movie or book deal in the future, money could begin to flow. If she's acquitted in her criminal case, they'll spend "20 years chasing it if there is a verdict," Mitnik said today.

An acquittal is worst case scenario, but again, these guys are determined that there will be justice for Caylee, one way or the other.

Certainly their main goal is to clear ZFG's name and gain her fair compensation. And, they also won't give up or give in and have been pivotal players in this to ensure that Caylee has a measure of justice. And, the guilty will pay - one way or the other.

I'm glad Morgan & Morgan (and Mitnik) stepped in.

yes....tater...they are still throwing JG under the bus...on LKL....they said they think they know who killed caylee....but cant prove it *yet*.....they are leaving that to their PI's .....so they are still spining the lie.....uggg

This from Casey's lawyer...Channel 6 article linked above

"You cannot intentionally harm someone you don't know. It's sort of axiomatic. You can only harm an individual that you have contact with and that you know, and in this case, neither applies," Kasen said.

Really ? What an idiotic thing to say.

what a jerk...tell that to some poor child who's been victimized and photographed and now all sorts of pervs are looking at it. that is intentionally harming someone you don't know, thank you. the only thing axiomatic to us counselor, is how the A's house of cards is falling. FAST.

If Gonzalez's wins the lawsuit, how could Anthony -- an unemployed single mother who remains in the Orange County Jail -- pay any damages?

However, he pointed out if she struck any movie or book deal in the future, money could begin to flow. If she's acquitted in her criminal case, they'll spend "20 years chasing it if there is a verdict," Mitnik said today.

An acquittal is worst case scenario, but again, these guys are determined that there will be justice for Caylee, one way or the other.

Certainly there main goal is to clear ZFG's name and gain her fair compensation. And, they also won't give up or give in and have been pivotal players in this to ensure that Caylee has a measure of justice and the guilty will pay - one way or the other.

Morgan & Morgan are going to turn out to be Cindy's worst nightmare. They are like pitbulls......I just love them!:blowkiss:

Maybe its been explained here and I missed it but I am not really following this thread. CA has not been named in the civil suit, but is being accused of further defaming ZFG on tv and in her depo's? Unless CA is named in the suit how are these actions to be attributed to KC?
I think the click orlando piece did word it badly. I noticed he addressed this further along in the comments section below the article by saying CA was not named in the suit.

Certainly there main goal is to clear ZFG's name and gain her fair compensation. And, they also won't give up or give in and have been pivotal players in this to ensure that Caylee has a measure of justice and the guilty will pay - one way or the other.

Just like the Goldmans have hunted OJ all these years and taken every dime they could from him which forced him to commit armed robbery and now he is finally in prison. I would rather see ZG with any monies made off book or movie deals or the stupid foundation than in the A's pockets....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salorenz