2009.05.19*REVISIT* Gonzalez's attys have amended complaint by accusing Cindy Anthony

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why on earth Cindy believed anything Casey said & said yeah mom, go ahead & put it out there to the media, is beyond me. During the time Cindy was spinning the Zanny story, she was also saying "KC may have mistruths out there, but she is no murderer. I think she knew Casey lied. Wonder if her reaction would have been the same if KC had said "dont worry mom, the check is in the mail."
According to some of KC's friends Cindy told them KC was a liar and not to believe her.Of course Cindy knew it could be a lie,but she was in saving KC and the family mode,at the expense of all others.Sadly,I still don't think Cindy gets what she did when she went on TV and said KC said she wasn't shown pictures and didn't clear Zeneida.

Their income is from donations, pictures, videos and appearances.....and is protected in their new funding program. You can't sue them, put a lien on them or tax any money or assets in the foundation. I imagine the boat is in the foundation because that is an asset used for finding missing children.

I was wondering if Morgan can now go after Cindy for perpetuating the lie of Casey's. She will be penniless by that time....guarentee you....house, cars will be in another's name.

Where in the lawsuit is CA named as a party to the lawsuit? If Casey doesn't have any assets and if she ends up convicted of murder, and if Casey defaults on the ZG civil lawsuit assuming that it's still a valid lawsuit down the line, what assets besides CA and GA's homeowner's insurance could Morgan and Morgan realistically get money from?

I looked at Zillow.com and the home's estimate value is about $160,000 dollars which is about 40,000 less than last June 2008. If the estimated value of the Anthony home is accurate, just how much home equity could the Anthony's reasonably have given all the financial problems they likely already have? GA and CA don't appear to be working. Is Cindy still on disability? Does George have a police pension? Where is their income coming from now?

Didn't they have to pledge the equity in their home to bail Casey out of jail the 2nd time? If GA and CA have a mortgage (or if the house is in CA's name due to GA's past credit history) wouldn't the mortgage be under water about now?
There was a change made in the court yesterday ,thus the title of this thread.It has to do with CA's statement on TV that KC had not cleared ZG.
CA and GA are getting money from somewhere.They have new clothes and haircuts ,don't seem to work,yet are still living in the same house and driving the same cars.Nothing's been repossessed to our knowledge.

I completely agree MissJ! When this one is all said and done I suspect there will be entries in forensic psyche text books on CA and the pathological way in which she responded to the tragedy of the murder of her grandchild (and maybe some genetics on how these sorts of behaviors were passed on to her daughter... moo of course).

And will that ever be a good read! Hope it comes soon, cuz I cannot figure out this nutcase... There will be a slew of superficial skimmings of the case, by this one and that one, but oh, for a detailed, professional, accurate, correct, analysis...

I think my big question involves the fact that...

this is ALL because CA wouldn't close her mouth from the start. She jaw-smacked in front of every available mic and wouldn't take counsel to be quiet. And up until this time (i.e. LKL) has continued to NOT BE QUIET. Will this being named on this defamation suit finally get her to shut her trap? Will this be what finally gets her to say nothing unless asked a direct question, and then when asked that question answer only what was asked instead of rambling on, or trying to one-up the questioner???

My personal opinion at this point is the answer is no - because this is part of her personality and because she's convinced she and her family are just being persecuted...i.e. nobody in the family has done anything to deserve this. She has shown this is engrained to her psyche. I mean, when you can go on national TV in a Greta interview (or say in a police interview) that "lying is not a crime" when you are referring to your daughter lying to LE when they are conducting an official investigation and attempting to find your missing granddaughter...the sky is truly the limit in your ability to perform a mental circle-jerk on reality.

I think my big question involves the fact that...

this is ALL because CA wouldn't close her mouth from the start. She jaw-smacked in front of every available mic and wouldn't take counsel to be quiet. And up until this time (i.e. LKL) has continued to NOT BE QUIET. Will this being named on this defamation suit finally get her to shut her trap? Will this be what finally gets her to say nothing unless asked a direct question, and then when asked that question answer only what was asked instead of rambling on, or trying to one-up the questioner???

My personal opinion at this point is the answer is no - because this is part of her personality and because she's convinced she and her family are just being persecuted...i.e. nobody in the family has done anything to deserve this. She has shown this is engrained to her psyche. I mean, when you can go on national TV in a Greta interview (or say in a police interview) that "lying is not a crime" when you are referring to your daughter lying to LE when they are conducting an official investigation and attempting to find your missing granddaughter...the sky is truly the limit in your ability to perform a mental circle-jerk on reality.
That's the truth ,the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
You summed it up completely.

Wonder how Cindy slept last night?
Probably had nightmares of ending up in the cell next to Casey .. :behindbar

Where in the lawsuit is CA named as a party to the lawsuit? If Casey doesn't have any assets and if she ends up convicted of murder, and if Casey defaults on the ZG civil lawsuit assuming that it's still a valid lawsuit down the line, what assets besides CA and GA's homeowner's insurance could Morgan and Morgan realistically get money from?

I looked at Zillow.com and the home's estimate value is about $160,000 dollars which is about 40,000 less than last June 2008. If the estimated value of the Anthony home is accurate, just how much home equity could the Anthony's reasonably have given all the financial problems they likely already have? GA and CA don't appear to be working. Is Cindy still on disability? Does George have a police pension? Where is their income coming from now?

Didn't they have to pledge the equity in their home to bail Casey out of jail the 2nd time? If GA and CA have a mortgage (or if the house is in CA's name due to GA's past credit history) wouldn't the mortgage be under water about now?

Don't know if you were necessarily thinking of the possible equity in the A's home as being available to satisfy a judgment (assuming CA is formally added as a co-deft w/ Casey). If so, it wouldn't be available. Florida's "homestead" exemption is one of the most generous in the nation. There are very few creditors than can reach the equity in a home in FL. IIRC this is why OJ Simpson bought a home in FL. [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_homestead_exemption[/ame]

There was a change made in the court yesterday ,thus the title of this thread.It has to do with CA's statement on TV that KC had not cleared ZG.
CA and GA are getting money from somewhere.They have new clothes and haircuts ,don't seem to work,yet are still living in the same house and driving the same cars.Nothing's been repossessed to our knowledge.

The change made in court yesterday was that the plaintiff, ZFG, was allowed to file a proffer to add punitive damages to the lawsuit. CA's statement on TV was used as an example to show Casey's intentional publishing of a false statement. Cindy has not been sued, has not been added to the lawsuit, is not a party to this suit, is not listed as a defendent in this suit. The title of this thread is misleading. I'm not trying to single you out by quoting your post at all. So many posters on this thread seem to think Cindy is now being sued which I don't think she is unless I am totally confused about what happened yesterday. You can read the proffer at the following link which BeanE posted yesterday:
http://www.forthepeople.com/Zenaida_Proffer_in_Support_of_Punitive_Damages.pdf

I'll bet MN has a big old grin on his face right now. He should send a sympathy card to BC, signed Run! Get out while you still can!

FYI: I also posted this in todays news link.

Judge keeps civil suit alive plus grants request for punitive damages against Casey Anthony.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...sey-anthony-civil-case-051909,0,6769805.story

Casey Anthony case: Judge keeps civil suit alive
Judge also grants request to seek punitive damages against Casey Anthony.
Sarah Lundy | Sentinel Staff Writer
May 20, 2009
A judge today allowed a Kissimmee woman suing murder suspect Casey Anthony for defamation to seek punitive damages.

(more at the link above)

Last night KM was asked, on NG, how it would affect his case if Casey was acquitted. He said that if she was acquitted, any book she writes or money she makes off of the case they could go after...he actually said he would try to get "every penny" she makes in the future (if she is able) off of book deal's, etc...This is good news, while I think the chances are nill that Casey will be acquitted, if it should happen, she will have a hard time making money off of Caylee, thanks to Zenaida and Attorney's !

By now Cindy probably qualifies as a "public figure." The standards of proof for a public figure to prove she has been defamed are higher than the standard ZFG, who was a private citizen when all this mess began, will have to meet to prove that she has been defamed.
You're speaking my language.

The lawsuit by ZG against KC is only for about $15,000 right now because KC slandered (oral badmouthing) and libeled (written badmouthing) ZG. However, she did it to a limited group of people like LE. For that, ZG had to show actual damages. Now with punitives, it can be what lawyers call "Trebles" -- three times the amount of actual damages. It depends in part on how widely the badmouthing was spread. When CA "republished" the slander by repeating it on national television, the damages soared. Then, to get "punies" or punitive damages, ZG has to show intent. That was what the depo questions were about that CA had the chance on national television to say it wasn't ZG, but not only did she not do that, she republished the slander to a huge national and possibly international audience. The numbers could be shocking. Some have speculated that ZG and her attorney are going after CA's homeowner's insurance as a "deep pocket" of financing. Perhaps for the immediate gain. However, if punies are proven, it may be that under section 523(a) of the bankruptcy code, these are non-bankruptable debts. A judgement for punies can be renewed every 10 years so, it debt collection on a possible judgement debt can go on forever. It is also possible that the elements that might make this a punitive damages case may also exclude payment under a homeowners' policy. In debt collection, they can seize up to 25% of net, after tax, wages, tax refunds, certaikn amounts above a limit in bank accounts, drain trusts of the judgement debtor has the authority to release funds from a trust for their own benefit, seize cars or the value beyond a certain minimum, seize jewelry, and other assets. Florida has an exceptionally generous home exemption. The financial future of KC and CA could be looking mighty grim right now.

Thank you for this info, Themis.

So, if Z ends up winning the suit in court, Casey's lies - and her family perpetuating and/or covering them up - can potentially follow them for the REST OF THEIR LIVES.

THANK YOU JOHN MORGAN!!!! :)

Thank you for this info, Themis.

So, if Z ends up winning the suit in court, Casey's lies - and her family perpetuating and/or covering them up - can potentially follow them for the REST OF THEIR LIVES.

THANK YOU JOHN MORGAN!!!! :)

I am hoping that Morgan keeps digging and he might hit pay dirt.
He could uncover this entire dirty mess of who's funding who and why and how. It's big, and it needs to come into the light.

The lawsuit by ZG against KC is only for about $15,000 right now because KC slandered (oral badmouthing) and libeled (written badmouthing) ZG. However, she did it to a limited group of people like LE. For that, ZG had to show actual damages. Now with punitives, it can be what lawyers call "Trebles" -- three times the amount of actual damages. It depends in part on how widely the badmouthing was spread. When CA "republished" the slander by repeating it on national television, the damages soared. Then, to get "punies" or punitive damages, ZG has to show intent. That was what the depo questions were about that CA had the chance on national television to say it wasn't ZG, but not only did she not do that, she republished the slander to a huge national and possibly international audience. The numbers could be shocking. Some have speculated that ZG and her attorney are going after CA's homeowner's insurance as a "deep pocket" of financing. Perhaps for the immediate gain. However, if punies are proven, it may be that under section 523(a) of the bankruptcy code, these are non-bankruptable debts. A judgement for punies can be renewed every 10 years so, it debt collection on a possible judgement debt can go on forever. It is also possible that the elements that might make this a punitive damages case may also exclude payment under a homeowners' policy. In debt collection, they can seize up to 25% of net, after tax, wages, tax refunds, certaikn amounts above a limit in bank accounts, drain trusts of the judgement debtor has the authority to release funds from a trust for their own benefit, seize cars or the value beyond a certain minimum, seize jewelry, and other assets. Florida has an exceptionally generous home exemption. The financial future of KC and CA could be looking mighty grim right now.
...now. If I were Cindy, there's a whole lot of "other things" and "other people" (and I use those terms verrry loosely) I'd be doing and alerting right about now...course I'm not interested in helping Cindy A, so that's about all I'm a saying on the subject for now...:rolleyes:

:clap:
Great post on the far-reaching effects this could have upon the breadwinner of the Anthony family, Themis. Garnishment proceedings are easy to handle, too, once you get the judgment...

The change made in court yesterday was that the plaintiff, ZFG, was allowed to file a proffer to add punitive damages to the lawsuit. CA's statement on TV was used as an example to show Casey's intentional publishing of a false statement. Cindy has not been sued, has not been added to the lawsuit, is not a party to this suit, is not listed as a defendent in this suit. The title of this thread is misleading. I'm not trying to single you out by quoting your post at all. So many posters on this thread seem to think Cindy is now being sued which I don't think she is unless I am totally confused about what happened yesterday. You can read the proffer at the following link which BeanE posted yesterday:

That's how I understand it, too. CA is not a new defendant, but her conduct forms part of the factual proffer that supports a claim for punitive damages against Casey.

As matters stand now, Casey A is the sole defendant and only her assets could be used to satisfy any judgement for the plaintiff, unless there were some sort of insurance policy like HO's insurance owned by the A's that would include Casey as an "insured" AND would cover the type of conduct she has engaged in. OR unless a court would ever find that assets that are properly Casey's have been fraudulently transferred into the possession of others to avoid the collection of a judgement.

Having discussed all this so much, it has occurred to me why the defense didn't take the advice of all the defense talking heads and just allow a default judgement to be entered against Casey and also why there was such a turnout for the hearing on the amendment to add punitive damages. The defense perhaps doesn't want to open any route that would allow wholly legitimate and relevant discovery of the defendant's assets or potential ones. Depending on exactly how Florida's punitive damages law works, discovery of the defendant's net worth, assets, etc. are likely relevant during pre-trial discovery. Even without a punitive damages claim included, if defendant had defaulted early on, while the criminal case is still pending, there could have been post-judgement discovery of her assets, to see if there was anything from which to satisfy the civil default judgement. This must not make them very happy. At all.

Of course, nothing but the statute of limitations prevents ZG from suing other defendants who she believes have defamed her. I can think of at least one candidate.

Of course, nothing but the statute of limitations prevents ZG from suing other defendants who she believes have defamed her. I can think of at least one candidate.
...which I believe in FL is a three year period...:rolleyes:

Dear Prudence, I believe the actual amended claim to include Cindy is based on Cindy speaking for Casey. Cindy, on one of her many times speaking to the media, may have done better to not speak on behalf of her daughter. IMO, it's about time her mouth caught up with her! Here's a snippet and it's link...

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19500744/detail.html

"When they went and interviewed that girl down in Kissimmee they never showed me a picture of her. The never searched by her full name," Anthony told her parents.

"Well they told us you couldn't pull her out of a lineup," Cindy Anthony responded.

"They're full of (expletive)," Casey Anthony said.

Cindy Anthony repeated her daughter's statement to TV news crews.

"My daughter said they never showed her picture. That's what they told me. She didn't look at any lineups," Cindy Anthony said.

"She stood in front of a bunch of cameras and denied she had cleared Zenaida Gonzalez by looking at the photograph, therefore putting the cloud of suspicion right back on our client's back," Mitnik said.

Casey Anthony's lawyer, Jonathan Kasen, will have to file another motion to dismiss the suit now that Gonzalez's lawyer has amended the lawsuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela