2009.05.21 Annie D. Deposition

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not serious!!, with the smell of decomposition in the trunk?, being hauled off to jail?, ( she visited her after she was jailed) 31 days not reported missing? a fu^^ed up story about a Nanny? All the lies? What does it take for people to get involved, when it means something more than thinking of themsleves?:furious:

I believe if Annie had known Caylee was dead she would have reported it to police. She knows Cindy she knows Casey in person we don't! So I believe Annie had her own conclusion of what happened to Caylee and felt that casey had left her with someone and it was part of Caseys way to get back at Cindy also she stated she thought the cholorform was cleaning supplies as they are clean people, so yes I do not think Annie further questioned casey because she knows them better than any of us. As the months have went own I have become much clearer of my opinion on them myself and quite frankly I think George and Cindy are liars and should be ashamed of themself for defending Casey when they should be seeking Justice for Caylee, I get disgusted knowing he is putting money on her commissary, when the money could be used for real missing kids etc. I am not sure why you want to attack me for my posts and my opinions. You don't have to agree with me, I have been following the Case since the beginning, I am also not new here, I do not post alot but I have been a lurker here for many years and just signed up a few months ago to post. So please don't think I am clueless about the case.

I don't know if I am the only one who thinks like this...but, what if deep down Annie believed Caylee was already dead? And that the MONSTER she is sitting beside her is a murderer?

I know that I wouldn't be so quick to get all up in her face.

Not saying it is right, but I feel it is a perfectly valid response (not wanting to get involved). It is not productive, but it is very common.
"Self-preservation" of her emotional state and probably some feeling some guilt.

Not wanting to "believe" Caylee is dead, even in the face of evidence to the contrary (missing for 31 days, KC acting normal) evidence makes it easy to put up a wall. Even though, in her heart, she feels differently.

For Reference for the thread!

May 21, 2009 - Official Annie Downing Deposition: Part 1
http://www.forthepeople.com/vid4/Annie-1

May 21, 2009 - Official Annie Downing Deposition: Part 2
http://www.forthepeople.com/vid4/Annie-2

Transcript: Annie Downing
http://www.forthepeople.com/Downing.pdf

For those having trouble with the Morgan link:
WATCH IT NOW: Annie Downing deposition
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-annie-dowling-deposition,0,1492884.storylink

:angel:

FIRST two links don't open.
Wish I had the time to read it yesterday.
Can anybody help ? Please !

I don't know if I am the only one who thinks like this...but, what if deep down Annie believed Caylee was already dead? And that the MONSTER she is sitting beside her is a murderer?

Not saying it is right, but I feel it is a perfectly valid response (not wanting to get involved). It is not productive, but it is very common.
"Self-preservation" of her emotional state and probably some feeling some guilt.

Not wanting to "believe" Caylee is dead, even in the face of evidence to the contrary (missing for 31 days, KC acting normal) evidence makes it easy to put up a wall. Even though, in her heart, she feels differently.

If she didn't want to get involved, why go to the house when Casey got out of jail? Surely not to discuss some urgent problem that trumped Caylee's safety. Could someone really be that self-centered? Scary thought. She had no intention of trying to find Caylee. I don't mean to sound flippant, I'm just trying to understand why people take what she says at face value when her actions scream the opposite.

This is what I thought at first when listening to Annie's depo and it could be correct. But then I thought if she believed Casey is a monster who murdered her daughter why would she even go over to her house? So, maybe she believed KC gave Caylee to someone, but not a make-believe nanny, and KC thought Caylee was safe. She knew if she pushed KC for answers she would just get more lies. So Annie figured why even go there, I don't want to hear even more lies and KC is calm so Caylee must be okay. Whatever Annie was thinking at the time she must feel terribly guilty for not pushing KC for more answers, I know I would be.

I believe if Annie had known Caylee was dead she would have reported it to police. She knows Cindy she knows Casey in person we don't! So I believe Annie had her own conclusion of what happened to Caylee and felt that casey had left her with someone and it was part of Caseys way to get back at Cindy also she stated she thought the cholorform was cleaning supplies as they are clean people, so yes I do not think Annie further questioned casey because she knows them better than any of us. As the months have went own I have become much clearer of my opinion on them myself and quite frankly I think George and Cindy are liars and should be ashamed of themself for defending Casey when they should be seeking Justice for Caylee, I get disgusted knowing he is putting money on her commissary, when the money could be used for real missing kids etc. I am not sure why you want to attack me for my posts and my opinions. You don't have to agree with me, I have been following the Case since the beginning, I am also not new here, I do not post alot but I have been a lurker here for many years and just signed up a few months ago to post. So please don't think I am clueless about the case.

Sorry, I'm not attacking you, just don't understand how easily you can excuse Annie. Annie is one of a growing number of selfish, self-centered people walking around in today's world. They won't allow themselves to get involved, if the outcome does not benefit them. I do not believe she would have gone to LE if she knew the truth. She projects a hard and brash exterior, and works hard at convincing people of this, with little to no substance inside. Yes, self-preservation is a powerful emotion, and that is what she is entirely made up of. Easy to understand how they were friends!
JMHO

I would have liked follow up questions to her answer that 'yes, she believes there was a babysittter'. Now, with all that is known she still thinks that? Why does she think there was a babysitter if KC didn't really have a job? It's like with CA depo no follow up to 'if KC didn't really have a job so she could spend more time with Caylee, why would she need a babysitter, a 'nanny' no less?

If she didn't want to get involved, why go to the house when Casey got out of jail? Surely not to discuss some urgent problem that trumped Caylee's safety. Could someone really be that self-centered? Scary thought. She had no intention of trying to find Caylee. I don't mean to sound flippant, I'm just trying to understand why people take what she says at face value when her actions scream the opposite.
:clap::clap:

ITA

Brevard County Beaches,"With the exception of service animals, dogs are not allowed on public beaches in Brevard County"

Many residents and tourists go to Brevard county beaches such as Cocoa Beach. I have never seen a dog on a Brevard County beach

Not sure about Volusia County beaches, such as New Smyrna (also popular with many residents) or Daytona Beach, they may have specific dog parks but I also have not seen dogs on these beaches

I did a little research and I found a couple of beaches in that area that are dog friendly. I am not from that area, so please pardon me if I'm wrong.

1. Lighthouse Point Park
2. Ponce Inlet
3. New Smyrna Beach

Are these locations near to Daytona Beach? If so, Isn't the Hawaii Motel in Daytona and if so how far from these beaches?

Jacksonville Beach is also dog friendly, that's where KC said she was, isn't it?

Ah, the things that make me go hmm.

I'd appreciate if anyone would please help me out with the locations. Thanks.

This is what I thought at first when listening to Annie's depo and it could be correct. But then I thought if she believed Casey is a monster who murdered her daughter why would she even go over to her house? So, maybe she believed KC gave Caylee to someone, but not a make-believe nanny, and KC thought Caylee was safe. She knew if she pushed KC for answers she would just get more lies. So Annie figured why even go there, I don't want to hear even more lies and KC is calm so Caylee must be okay. Whatever Annie was thinking at the time she must feel terribly guilty for not pushing KC for more answers, I know I would be.

I believe you would feel guilty but I don't see an ounce of guilt in Annie. Her myspace page is disgusting with her self-serving posts and the audacity to attach "RIP Caylee." I believe her most recent mood is 'stuckupb***h'. No sign of remorse. She just finished a depo talking about Caylee. I think she loves the attention. Just like all her face licking pictures that scream look at me. There's a reason she was friends with Casey. Birds of a feather....

I really cannot fathom not wanting to question KC. How can every single person surrounding this family be so messed up? I mean, I could see vomiting roses and rainbows to get past Cindy, but once in the room alone with KC I would have tied her down and slapped the truth out of her.

I believe you would feel guilty but I don't see an ounce of guilt in Annie. Her myspace page is disgusting with her self-serving posts and the audacity to attach "RIP Caylee." I believe her most recent mood is 'stuckupb***h'. No sign of remorse. She just finished a depo talking about Caylee. I think she loves the attention. Just like all her face licking pictures that scream look at me. There's a reason she was friends with Casey. Birds of a feather....

When her LE interview came out a lot of posters, including me, thought she sounded just like Casey in the first part of it, so you may very well be right. But I think we should be a little more hesitant in judging her by her Myspace page and pictures taken 2 or 3 years ago. I am not her friend on myspace so I can't see her whole page, can you? I have stepchildren and nieces & nephews in the same age group and are their friends on myspace and facebook and can't believe some of the things they post and the language they use. They are not horrible, disgusting people though. I think it's just their way of blowing off steam or having fun with people their own age. I am not trying to defend or excuse Annie's behavior because I don't know her but for the same reason I'm trying to be a bit more understanding and not draw conclusions from a mood she puts on myspace.

I did a little research and I found a couple of beaches in that area that are dog friendly. I am not from that area, so please pardon me if I'm wrong.

1. Lighthouse Point Park
2. Ponce Inlet
3. New Smyrna Beach

Are these locations near to Daytona Beach? If so, Isn't the Hawaii Motel in Daytona and if so how far from these beaches?

Jacksonville Beach is also dog friendly, that's where KC said she was, isn't it?

Ah, the things that make me go hmm.

I'd appreciate if anyone would please help me out with the locations. Thanks.

BBM
YES, just south of Daytona Beach.
The city of New Smyrna Beach, Ponce Inlet and Lighthouse Point Park are located in Volusia County

The closest beach to the A's would be the Brevard county beaches(they would drive east on SR 528 right into Cape Canaveral and Cocoa Beach), but many locals head up to Volusia County beaches as well like New Smyrna.

I am inclined to reserve judgment of this one. Simply because this depo is almost a year later and AD had all this time to compose her thoughts and recollections in addition to acquiring legal representation. Although I do believe she isn't being truthful with many questions asked. This depo was far too refined for me to totally believe after reading her MS page over the past year.

If this type of questioning had occurred last Aug, her answers would possibly be different.

If you want to discuss Annie's Deposition fine, leave the childish remarks about her MySpace page out of your posts :sheesh:

Do you think that maybe Annie knew of KC's 3 lives?

Annie knew Casey had other friends apart from her
Annie knew Ricardo, and she also knew that Casey was dating Tony L
I don't think Annie was hanging out as much with Casey at the time she was dating Ricardo and then Tony.

Annie knew Casey had other friends apart from her
Annie knew Ricardo, and she also knew that Casey was dating Tony L
I don't think Annie was hanging out as much with Casey at the time she was dating Ricardo and then Tony.

I'm sorry----I meant, do you think Annie was aware of the way KC kept all the friends and family separated---telling this bunch this and that bunch that and telling mom a different story with different players. Maybe it was some kid of game the 2 girls played together. Grab another ID and act like they were somebody else.

Was thinking that might be something KC had hanging over Annie's head. Maybe she needed favors from Annie----thats why CA and GA went after Annie. If GA didn't have time to go pick up the Ts and Annie picked em up for him---how did GA have time to go pick Annie up to go to the house. Saying that the Ts were just an excuse to go after the girl.

It frustrates me as well that no one seems to have questioned Casey, but lets think about what we know about Casey and her demeanor. Think of the first phone call from jail that was released where she wants Tony's phone number and her friend Christina is on the line crying and Casey's berating her for her emotions. Casey's demeanor was of someone who knew where her child was, and as such Annie states that she believed Casey truly had left Caylee with someone; I don't believe that Annie or any of Casey's friends could have possibly fathomed that she could be so cold. Casey is someone who will berate someone who wants to give her sympathy and grow defensive and belligerent when questioned. Asking her anything would be a waste, a huge waste, and you can bet that her best friend knew this.
I can't imagine having been someone who knew Casey and Caylee and having to wrap my mind around this case...

Mama,

From what I got out of Annie's depo, was that she was asked to pick up the T-shirts (a good, personal friend of hers) on Friday because George and Cindy were out of town (most likely one of their many speaking tours) and Annie met up with Cindy and George on a Friday (when Casey was out on bond) to give them the T-Shirts, only to tell them how she was in need of talking to someone like Casey about her life situations.

Yes, something more important in her life was going on then asking how she could help looking for or finding out information about Caylee.

Since someone posted the Emails from Annie to Tony, and how she asked him all these questions about Caylee and Casey, makes me think she asked a lot more (to Casey) than she is letting on.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back