2009.06.19 Autopsy Report Released

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FBI checked the two scraps of black plastic found inside the laundry bag for prints (none were found):

BagFingerprints.PNG

Still waiting to see the report on the largely intact two bags found outside the laundry bag...

I don't think the several pieces of duct tape were put there to hold the mandible in place, that was just the result when skeletonized.

Several pieces is interesting isn't it? One would have to tear several pieces from another source. I hope they can match it to a roll of tape they've seized.

We will never know if the tape was put on before or after Caylee's death. Because there were several, my first hunch is that the body was beginning to decompose and KC needed to make sure the fluids didn't leak out - so several pieces (you know one more for good measure) were placed over the nose and mouth. Then she placed a sticker there so it wouldn't look so bad.

I wonder if the tape was rolled around her head, not torn into several pieces. Good catch on the heart sticker and residue.

Do you think its possible that she ducted taped her mouth shut and put her inthe trunk so that she could go our with Toni and he wouldn't hear her? I wonder whose car they took to the videa store. Surely she would have realized you can't leave a child in the trunk in the summer time.

BBM

Or you know...anytime.

I don't think she duct taped Caylee to keep her quiet. I think she did it to kill that baby. Premeditation.

They don't cite anything though, and I certinaly didn't see that anywhere in the autopsy. I wonder what autopsy they read?

Well the economy is pretty bad right now. I am guessing they have a 15 year old proofing the autopsy (summer job). Lol.

The one thing we know is that the tape was put on Caylee before decomposition.

"A hair mat was noted on the base of the skull and grayish colored tape was noted covering the mouth and nasal aperture areas." bolded by me.

On page 9 of the third part of the autopsy report released (handwritten page #6459) it states that "remnants of light colored fabric were noted on the anterior aspect of the right scapula and the proximal anterior aspect of the right humerus." Does this suggest she was clothed when she was put there or might this fabric come from the Winnie the Pooh blanket? What do you all think?

I would really like to know more about this, too.

I do believe that Caylee was clothed when she was placed there, but I'd like to hear forensics input on this.

The whole duct tape placement just bothers the heck outta me as I know it does everybody else. Time for me to hug my kid again.

You just know that Nancy tonight is gonna have kittens over this.

Page 3: Duct tape was clearly placed prior to decomposition, keeping the mandible in place. (Does this mean Caylee was still alive or just that it was placed before the body started to decompose? I am confused.) http://www.wftv.com/pdf/19801498/detail.html

The report for the live insects and Puparia have not been released to my knowledge. Does anyone know if these will be released or if they were already where would I find them? Please and Thank you..

It also states that the remaining contents and the bags themselves are allowed to dry and are examined later. Does that mean there is more to come from this report? The way I understood this report is that this is a preliminary report?

It doesn't state whether it was pre-or ante- mortem.

But, if it was after death, it must have been very SOON after death.

And, why would one tape up the mouth of a dead person, using several pieces?

Good thing KC is so lazy.

There are SO many alligator-inhabited lakes, in that area. Cyalee's remains might never have been found.

It states that hair was matted. Would this be caused from any type of struggle? Vigorous shaking of the head, perhaps?

Heaven forbit this is what happened, but if she was duct taped before death and perhaps restrained, her struggling to free herself would matt the hair. Now I have to go throw up...........

I never thought the placement of duct tape was to look like a kidnapping. Too planned for Casey. Or to seal the body - bodies leak from several openings after death. But at the same time, I never really thought about the alternative. Which is that, she placed duct tape over her mouth (and presumably nose) in several layers tight enough and/or far back enough to hold the two jaw pieces together. And what - watched her daughter suffocate? Good God.

I think that's exactly what she did. Also the multiple pieces of duct tape indicate that Casey had time to think about what she was doing. Meaning this was a deliberate crime - no accident.

Heaven forbit this is what happened, but if she was duct taped before death and perhaps restrained, her struggling to free herself would matt the hair. Now I have to go throw up...........

The report states that the tape was placed prior to decomp and prior to hair matting. It appears to me she was laying face up when dumped in the woods and her hair matted underneath the weight of her skull combined with weather exposure and decomp.

Tape around her mandible and maxilla means it covered her jaw and cheeks. That would also mean it covered Caylees nose. I always assumed the tape was used to silence Caylee, not suffocate her. So that's a very sad revelation for me, but explains the state seeking the DP.
And the A's had the gall to go on LKL last month claiming the leaked media reports were all wrong, there was no tape on Caylees mouth. Of course not. Her mouth had decomposed.

No. The mandible and maxilla could be covered w/o the nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clm79