2010.02.07 - GGS interview with Jacksonville. com

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
About Ron's high intelligence? I don't believe he is highly intelligent, or maybe if he was the drugs have cooked it all in his brain. But, his overall impression is not one of someone really smart. He is trying to mimic others in his dress and speech. And his thoughts do not run smoothly, he has to search his mind. Interesting to me that he finished high school, cause he sure appears to me to be a drop out. Now, that said, I have no real way of knowing how smart Ron is cause I have never talked to him. And, I think I am intelligent in some areas, not all, and I have to search my mind sometimes too. I see him mainly as a child with alot of potential that was never taught or instructed in life how to have empathy, love and show kindness. He just existed and whatever came along that appealed, he clung to. This topped his mistreatment in terms of being motherless and fatherless. How sad the waste here!!! There were never any standards of right and wrong, only whats in it for me. Gosh, we see so many children being drug up like this today. It makes sense that he is without a clue on how to raise any child, much less a one with special needs such as Haleigh. Slapping, cursing, yelling, what kind of person does this? I'll tell ya, an extremely ignorant one.

Nooo, INTELLIGENT would not be a word that I would use to describe Ronald either PorcineGranny! Even the idea of that makes me chuckle..:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:..

I agree with you, sort of. But this wasn't your every day situation. On this particular day, the babysitter was coming off of a 3 day drug binger with no sleep, & according to Padilla, the daddy was coming off of a wild weekend of his own-involving holding up & robbing a drug dealer. So, tired or not, working or not, somebody should've gotten the kids OUTTA THERE.

I have reached a point with Annette Sykes and Teresa Neves that I am TIRED of even attempting to understand their actions versus spoken word. I have a better chance of understanding a sub tribe dialect of Swahili than either of these two.

For a year now I have listened to their words, watched their blubbering, and felt something was not right. Now we find out that essentially both of these two women had more important things to do with their time on February 9th of last year than to protect those children from what could, and did, happen by being under the care of a hung over, brain addled girlfriend of their father.

I'm not as old as GGM, but I'm older than Teresa. Believe me when I tell you that there's plenty of hitch in my giddyup compared to my younger years, but NOTHING would have prevented me from getting my granddaughters out of a situation that volatile.

Two years ago I was in Las Vegas and my phone rang. It was my oldest granddaughter (6 years old at the time) calling me, crying, because she missed me. Five hours and 2,000 miles later she no longer missed me because I was there.

Equally important, I no longer missed her.

BBM: Maybe Misty was just as good as they could have been.

Lone, there probably wasn't a whole lot of difference. TN & GGS's likely figured, "He!! our kids survived it, HaLeigh & Jr. will too, probably make em stronger, just like their Daddy." How strong is dead? :waitasec:

MOO~

Where was Teresa when she sent "a family member over"? What was the reason she didn't go herself? Why did she want misty to be there so badly, despite the fact misty didn't want to be there. But most of all, TN never mentioned any of this when interviewed. She and Sykes both tell us that misty is much more mature than her stated age and how wonderful of a mother-figure she was, even suggesting better then Crystal. They continued to support and praise misty even after Haleigh was gone.

Anyone with a fair amount of brain cells would be suspicious of the baby sitter, regardless, of her appeal. Not only did they never suggest or question her possibility as a suspect but encouraged their son to marry her????

This reeks of a cover-up. Everyone is stunned and do not understand how this has occurred. Normal and reasonable minds just can't get themselves wrapped around this action. rc and tn both appear to make extremely poor judgment calls. I think they share the same addiction, either alcohol, drugs or both. GMA Skyes has to be aware of the both of them, since she raised them.

Has anyone in the Sykes family ever consider mental health? There is a diagnosis just dying to jump on board.

I took it to mean that Misty took off that prior weekend on her party/drug binge, and left Ron with his children and no sitter.

What I don't understand is where these grandmothers feel that it is Misty's responsibility to care for the children. Even more so if they knew what Misty was doing that weekend and in the past. Early on it was said by one of the grandmothers that Misty had taken off in the past. Why any of them would of even allowed Misty to be alone with the children makes no sense to me.

By all accounts, the lives of both Croslin and Cummings showed signs of trouble even before Haleigh's disappearance brought on the scrutiny of law enforcement and the media. http://www.gainesville.com/article/...n-s-Cummings-lives-tied-to-family-misfortune-

I wonder if gmma sykes chastised Misty for abandoning the children when she dropped by Monday evening with the laundry and Misty was ticked off with her?

Ron wanted Misty to come back to him and he won't listen or accept help from others. Ron is rude and rebellious and that is the problem. Ron obtained custody of his children under false pretenses and he was living under false pretenses. Ron has no family values to guide him through the parenting process and he should not have been allowed to have sex with a minor. He exercised his right to punish his daughter for bad behavior but not himself. TN and gmma sykes gave into Ron without fighting back.

She's only 69........just. GGM seems well on her game for running herd on her family. JMO

I just read a article somewhere that said she was 65, I was wondering because it also said teresa was 50 and she has a birthday coming up,:waitasec: if I remember correctly...

All of the praises given to Misty, early on, by Grandma and "Mom" were to excuse the fact that Ron was sleeping with an underage girl ("she is so mature", "she takes care of those kids well", etc...). Now, a year later, and with Misty in jail on drug charges, "she has changed". If you believe TN, she changed within a three day period, GMAB. TN has made every effort to distance her son from Misty publicly. She has also made every effort to put words in Ron's mouth, such as he was talking about his children in jail. I haven't heard the tape, but I'd be willing to bet he wasn't. If he was, he was lead into that conversation by TN.

With the latest outrage by Grandmom (about Misty not being there for the kids), I wonder where the outrage was about Ron's babysitter (the one he was sleeping with) being a kid herself.

In light of what we now know about Ron's upbringing, I'm somewhat amazed that in all the interviews with TN this past year, she never once defended Crystal. Time and time again Crystal was beaten down by the likes of NG for not having custody of her children. A simple, Nancy, at the time Ron was a better provider or something, anything would have been nice. Now we see that TN was in the same situation during her youth. I wonder how she will feel about all the negative comments about her mothering abilities or lack thereof.

In light of what we now know about Ron's upbringing, I'm somewhat amazed that in all the interviews with TN this past year, she never once defended Crystal. Time and time again Crystal was beaten down by the likes of NG for not having custody of her children. A simple, Nancy, at the time Ron was a better provider or something, anything would have been nice. Now we see that TN was in the same situation during her youth. I wonder how she will feel about all the negative comments about her mothering abilities or lack thereof.
I doubt Nancy Grace will go there.

All of the praises given to Misty, early on, by Grandma and "Mom" were to excuse the fact that Ron was sleeping with an underage girl ("she is so mature", "she takes care of those kids well", etc...). Now, a year later, and with Misty in jail on drug charges, "she has changed". If you believe TN, she changed within a three day period, GMAB. TN has made every effort to distance her son from Misty publicly. She has also made every effort to put words in Ron's mouth, such as he was talking about his children in jail. I haven't heard the tape, but I'd be willing to bet he wasn't. If he was, he was lead into that conversation by TN.

With the latest outrage by Grandmom (about Misty not being there for the kids), I wonder where the outrage was about Ron's babysitter (the one he was sleeping with) being a kid herself.

Because Ron continued to chase Misty to have sex with her after he learned her age I define Ron as a sexual predator who targets underage girls in his neighborhood. This is what Ron really was doing when he began to pursue Misty who lived in his neighborhood IMO. A stalker.

Sorry Baznme, IMHO you are giving that old woman entirely too much credit in regards to her not knowing what happened....
Please don't forget how she praised Misty in those interviews last year.... There is absolutely no reason for her to have done that if she didn't know what had happened to Haleigh, especially in light of what she is NOW stating....
Her main goal from the beginning has been to protect Ron C.. She'll throw anyone under the bus to keep the truth from being revealed. Ron C is already in jail, now she has to attempt to keep her daughter and herself from going to jail..... I suspect both she and her daughter know they are in deep...She is back peddling as fast as she can right now...JMO

And she is the one that warned RC of a snitch!! The least she is guilty of is obstruction, IMHO

Where was Teresa when she sent "a family member over"? What was the reason she didn't go herself? Why did she want misty to besupport and praise misty there so badly, despite the fact misty didn't want to be there. But most of all, TN never mentioned any of this when interviewed. She and Sykes both tell us that misty is much more mature than her stated age and how wonderful of a mother-figure she was, even suggesting better then Crystal. They continued to even after Haleigh was gone.

Anyone with a fair amount of brain cells would be suspicious of the baby sitter, regardless, of her appeal. Not only did they never suggest or question her possibility as a suspect but encouraged their son to marry her????This reeks of a cover-up. Everyone is stunned and do not understand how this has occurred. Normal and reasonable minds just can't get themselves wrapped around this action. rc and tn both appear to make extremely poor judgment calls. I think they share the same addiction, either alcohol, drugs or both. GMA Skyes has to be aware of the both of them, since she raised them.

Has anyone in the Sykes family ever consider mental health? There is a diagnosis just dying to jump on board.

I had to bump this BBM
Yes ITA

I don't know about all of you but I am very upset with some of the statements in this interview!!

But the worst in my opinion..... On Feb. 9, the night after Croslin returned to Cummings' mobile home from the weekend of partying, Sykes dropped by. She said she was upset that Croslin had gone off and left her grandson without anyone to watch over the two kids.

"I was mad because Ronald let her come back," she said. "But it's his house. There wasn't nothing I could do about it other than be mad."

By the next morning, Haleigh was gone.

I have tried to be a supporter of both Ronald and Crystal and their families because I just felt it was the right thing to do. But I am really getting confused and downright angry at some of these recent remarks! I feel like i have been lied to. Never in the past year have I heard these words come out of anyone's mouth. What is going on??

I didnt read thru every single post, but got pretty far into the posts and I suppose I am going to be the one with "unpopular" opinion here. I really do not understand exactly what you are so angry,pained or feeling misled about? That is NOT the 1st time that the quote by GGS has been spoken about(the 1 stating she was not thrilled with Ron letting Misty come back after her wild weekend w/NayNay&WBG,but that she couldn't do anything, it was his house after all)GGS had also stated long ago that she didnt appreciate Misty leaving Ron with no one to watch the kids,while off on her sex,drugs&God knows what else binge.It was also speculated a year ago, that because of GGS feeling that way(as in not happy w/Misty being back)that was a big part of why her&aunt lisa stopped by the MH that night.Yes,to drop off the laundered clothes but also as maybe peace of mind that all was "good".And I believe she left there feeling positively about things as she stated that both Haleigh&Jr. were eating dinner&both in very high spirits.Also that Misty "seemed"to be doing fine job of baby sitting&by 7pm she had already cooked their meal&they were happily enjoying on the screened in porch.The comment of GGs stating for Haleigh to behave or Be a Good Girl, was nothing more than a parental figure reminding a child to behave while being babysat.And then I believe you also stated u felt misled by some of GGS other comments. The ones about Misty couldn't be threatened, that she was fazed by nothing including LE threats&tactics,it was if Misty was cold as ice,and seemed nothing rattled her. Im only speculating about why you felt misled,but Im thinking its because GGS&TN spoke well of Misty, seemed to "back"Misty&in some ppls words,"Misty could do no wrong in GGS&TN eyes". But in your above link to the news story it clearly shows that this is what GGS CAME TO LEARN ABOUT MISTY thru Misty living w/GGS for semi short period of time. So, I do not think that GGS was intentionally misleading anyone, that ALOT of what she learned about Misty was after her living there, and therefor GGS opinion&thoughts of Misty clearly changed because of witnessing these behaviours 1st hand.

To explain both GGS&TN inconsistent behaviors toward Misty I posted this as why IN MY OPINION could POSSIBLY be a reason. (as I stated before I realize that my opinion is not the "popular" opinion, and that its definately in the minority as far as ppl feeling are the perps that harmed Haleigh. So please dont rip ME to shreds for my opinion, its just that, my opinion.But I have "felt" strongly from the beginning):truce: Heres my previous post about any of the inconsistency....
Originally Posted by jessigirl View Post
Since this is a thread about TNs behavior I hope this is the correct
thread to post my opinion of why TN sometimes appears to behave suspiciously. As I said this is just my opinion. I believe that from the start that Ron was suspicious of Misty. I believe that Ron's standing by&backing Misty has been a facade from day one of Haleigh missing. I believe that sometime very shortlly after Ron came home and discovered Haleigh was gone(within that 1st 24hrs) I believe that Ron&for sure TN&good possibility Gma too, but for sure RC and TN had a long discussion and thats when the plan was set in motion. That the only way that Ron thought he could get to the bottom of what happened to his daughter was to convince Misty he was 100% devoted to her and that by marrying her it would solidify that devotion..Therefore hoping that he could in time get the truth from MC. Even if by just a little bit of the truth at a time. Hoping that the more devotion and unconditional love that he showed her, the more she would eventually tell the truth or atleast enough of the truth for them to be able to figure out what happened. I know Im rambling. I just hope I am atleast explaining it so that ppl understand what Im saying. So if this were the plan hatched from the 1st 24 hrs then it definately would explain TNs inconsistant behavior. Because she had to also accept MC and back her and support her just as RC was doing. She had to go along for their plan to work. It explains why that now she no longer is singing the praises of MC. Because the game is up now that theyve got her behind bars. She is hoping that now LE can do the rest to get the needed info to bring Haleigh home. I also believe that LE has been in on the "facade" too. That they have known that it all was an act that RC and TN were putting on in hopes to somehow get the answers from MC. If you carefully listen to the released jailhouse phone calls it completely backs this theory of RC and TN and LE all being in on the facade of RC supporting MC.. I hope this atleast makes SOME sense.. If not Ill try to explain tomorrow after getting some rest.
ONCE AGAIN MOO. But am quite confident in my belief..
Since posting this it has also come to light that LE had told Ron that his plan(being married to Misty to get to the truth)that it wasnt working&that they(LE)believed the only way to get her to crack was if Ron divorced her. That she had to hit a rock bottom&get desperate.And as we've seen in this last week of events I believe thats whats happening, no ron,no real support whatsoever,no weed to dull the pain, not even any cigs,just the 4cold walls of her cell&just as sheriff hardy said,"I believe she's finally beginning to talk, that shes realizing that shes in alot of trouble."..... I just pray that continues&that it brings atleast closure to those family that were not directly involved in what happened to Haleigh that night.:praying:

As a stepparent, I am not always thrilled about the decisions made by adult children and their spouses. But when they have their own kids and are living in their own homes, parents don't have the right to step in and control their households. We get upset because of our perfect hindsight: we know something terrible happened to Haleigh and so we get angry at the judge who gave RC custody, or his mother and grandmother who didn't intervene that night, and RC for leaving Misty in charge. But, in the end, someone killed Haleigh; LE is talking about a "murder weapon." In the end, some person or persons made the choice to end her life. Looking backward in any case, we can always see the points where the road forked and a different choice might have made a difference, the "road not taken." We try to imagine the road that would not have led to the killer. (Why did Chelsea King's parents permit her to run in the park? Or Adam Walsh's mother take him to the mall and then lose sight of him? Why did the security guard kick him out of the store? If only the guards at the arena had allowed Morgan Harrington to come back in...). But none of these choices had to lead to disaster. It's the killer who made the choice.

As a stepparent, I am not always thrilled about the decisions made by adult children and their spouses. But when they have their own kids and are living in their own homes, parents don't have the right to step in and control their households. We get upset because of our perfect hindsight: we know something terrible happened to Haleigh and so we get angry at the judge who gave RC custody, or his mother and grandmother who didn't intervene that night, and RC for leaving Misty in charge. But, in the end, someone killed Haleigh; LE is talking about a "murder weapon." In the end, some person or persons made the choice to end her life. Looking backward in any case, we can always see the points where the road forked and a different choice might have made a difference, the "road not taken." We try to imagine the road that would not have led to the killer. (Why did Chelsea King's parents permit her to run in the park? Or Adam Walsh's mother take him to the mall and then lose sight of him? Why did the security guard kick him out of the store? If only the guards at the arena had allowed Morgan Harrington to come back in...). But none of these choices had to lead to disaster. It's the killer who made the choice.

I imagine there are many regrets in the families of Adam Walsh and Chelsea King, not to mention Somer, Adji, .......I could go on. Each parent will run through this "if only I...." routine for the rest of their lives.

In this instance, however, (and in my opinion) Ron wants to bypass that "If only I...." process and go right to the justification of his actions, by saying that's no one's business what he does in his private life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hollyann
Back