2010.02.16 Document Release: Stain on Trunk Liner

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Also the jack is just a basic "scissor" jack and fits inside the rim of the spare. Then a wing nut is used to hold them in place. Also the "well" for the tire is not that deep. It would be just slightly deeper then the tire is wide. The average tire is going to be between 6-8 inches wide. A temp spare tire is not nearly this wide. so the "well" I would say isn't going to be any deeper then 6 to 8 inches.

Funny but we have heard nothing from defenses experts about this stain. It's not like they just found out. None of them have said it was oil that was spilled in the trunk by mistake. With Dr. Vass' report stating 80% decomposition composition indicated from the trunk area....you have to wonder. jmo

A spare tire is bigger than "momma doll" and the well also holds the jack. So no she would not have to be as small as momma doll to fit. Remember that we are talking a dead child also ....one who can be manipulated w/o sound or fighting back.

moo

Sorry, I was saying the STAIN was about the size of Momma doll.

So looking at the tires and the possible size of the "well". We'll say it's 18 inches in length, 18 inches in width, and 8 inches deep. That to me seems very liberal in the size for this "well" (I would guess smaller). That gives us 1.5 cubic ft. I simply don't think Caylee's mass can fit into 1.5 cubic feet or 11.2 US gallons. In other words think roughly the size of a 10 gallon fish tank.

I personally don't think KC would have taken the time to place Caylee in the spare tire holder she just seems to lazy.

I personally don't think KC would have taken the time to place Caylee in the spare tire holder she just seems to lazy.

But in the same respect KC did not leave her child's body by the side of the road, she tried to hide it in the undergrowth, in trashbags in an area where people routinely dumped their trash. Lazy would be a dumpster. JMO

So looking at the tires and the possible size of the "well". We'll say it's 18 inches in length, 18 inches in width, and 8 inches deep. That to me seems very liberal in the size for this "well" (I would guess smaller). That gives us 1.5 cubic ft. I simply don't think Caylee's mass can fit into 1.5 cubic feet or 11.2 US gallons. In other words think roughly the size of a 10 gallon fish tank.

I have a Sunfire and I'm just going outside to start it. Bit cold here today! I will measure the wheel well and be right back.

Width 24" Length 28" Depth 6" The spare tire is at the back of the compartment towards the back seat.

To me it's not a matter of being lazy. I simply think there is no way Caylee would fit. That and the stain to me seems to be inconsistent with the spare cover being placed over Caylee.

I have a Sunfire and I'm just going outside to start it. Bit cold here today! I will measure the wheel well and be right back.

hehe Don't measure the wheel well you need to measure the spare tire compartment. The wheel well is where your tires end up when you hit a bump and your suspension absorbs the "shock". It's that open space you see above your wheels inside the fenders. Just wanted to clarify that.

A 1998 pontiac sunfire uses a P195/70R14 90T for tires. However the spare is a doughnut type tire. The R14 is the rim size and means the wheel is 14inches a crossed (with out tire). I believe the spare would be slightly smaller. So the well for the spare is going to be between say 14 inches and maybe 18 inches a crossed. Now how tall was Caylee?

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/bfgapp/index.jsp

I think she was about 38"-40" in height.

hehe Don't measure the wheel well you need to measure the spare tire compartment. The wheel well is where your tires end up when you hit a bump and your suspension absorbs the "shock". It's that open space you see above your wheels inside the fenders. Just wanted to clarify that.

Got it thanks :woohoo: I measured the spare tire compartment. LOL!!

Yes, I think the stain would cover a larger area. It is interesting shape wise.

Thanks Marspiter!! You are 'da man'.

Oh, that's my fault. I always call it the well where the wheel goes.

Width 24" Length 28" Depth 6" The spare tire is at the back of the compartment towards the back seat.

That gives us 2.3 cubic ft. So smaller in size then a 20 gallon fish tank then. 2.3 cu ft would be about 17.2 gallons.

I agree that the stain probably originated from the trunk and not the spare tire well, because the fluids would have dripped down. The stain on the carpet would have had to have been the result of the fluids seeping up all the way through the pressed board cover in order to get the carpet stained, from the underside up. Unless (and this is hard to type) the bag had ripped on the top, and the body was stuffed so hard into that little space with a great deal of weight placed on top of the carpet and board that the fluids would have to have literally gushed out in order to saturate the board enough to get onto the carpet above it. But the board didn't seem to be saturated all the way through to me. Plus, those types of boards tend to have some sort of coating on them that kind of waterproof them, so it would have had to have been placed in there upside down in order for the top to have fluid on it.
Now there is a possibility that Caylee had been in both places, I try to imagine the stress Casey was under knowing there was a body in the trunk ( I know how stressed *I* get when I've accidentally forgotten my wallet and I'm driving around without my license, I just KNOW that I'm going to get stopped!) It is possible that she tried to stuff Caylee in that space at one point or another, but it seems that the by the time the decomp started seeping out Caylee was in the trunk and not the well.

Ok, I admit my eyes are the worst ever....but is anyone else seeing what I think I see on pic #29 at the below link? It looks like vertebra, botton looks like legs bent, crossed at ankles and the top high lights at the sides her arms. What is curious is something is showing up brighter at the ankles and wrists, (if what I'm seeing is correct). What could cause that?

http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/22578565/detail.html

Poor baby.

moo

I haven't read whole thread sorry if this is a repeat.

But in the same respect KC did not leave her child's body by the side of the road, she tried to hide it in the undergrowth, in trashbags in an area where people routinely dumped their trash. Lazy would be a dumpster. JMO

I understand what your saying LambChop but I don't think she was thinking about decomp when she put Caylee in the trunk. If she had been she IMO would have hidden her in the swampy woods that very day. KWIM?

So after looking at Caylee's height and getting the actual measurements of the compartment (Thanks Westcott), then looking at various body proportions. I just don't see Caylee being able to fit in that space....with normal manipulation. Perhaps if it was deeper it would be possible. Dr. G reported no tool marks on Caylee's bones. I hate tossing that out there but it is significant to this discussion about getting her to fit in the space.

imho

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatGran
Back