2010.02.16 Document Release: Stain on Trunk Liner

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Warning Graphic:

I agree - it appears that you can even see her little hand. (sorry)

Hi Wen,

I know you posted an answer to my question, but I can't find it. I thought your outlining on the stain was incredible - I look at it now and do not have to look and hope to find the outline - the toddler is clear as day.

My question was do you think the prosecutors will have this down the way you do. If I were a juror and you pointed this out to me, I would be speechless at the thought of the baby in the trunk and it really gives them insight into how horrendous this crime is. Thanks - Solace

all right now I cannot obviously read all the post on this issue but I'm going to try and guess what I see as to this stain and how it relates.

ICA had Caylee in the tire well, placed the cover over the wheel well but it was protruding up. This is when ICA placed garbage bag on top of it for two reasons, one to hide that it was protruding upwards and to mask the smell of what I believe was the beginning stages of decomp. Now either ICA got her father to help her (I doubt) or after some point ICA knew she had to remove Caylee from the trunk. ICA waits until nobody is home, carry's Caylee to the backyard and places her behind the pool in case someone comes home. She then goes to barrow the shovel from her neighbor, goes out to the car and gets all of Caylee's belongings that was near her, places them in bags, gets garbage bags to place Caylee in, then at dark time, she carries the bags to the dump site. This way if anyone saw her they wouldn't think twice of what she was doing. Probably just that she was tossing garbage out.

The stain I believe is the upside of her body that was pressing on the wheel cover, the car was cleaned out using what I have no idea, maybe carpet cleaner type for like dry cleaning, and rag wiped over the trunk area. *shrug* and MOO

all right now I cannot obviously read all the post on this issue but I'm going to try and guess what I see as to this stain and how it relates.

ICA had Caylee in the tire well, placed the cover over the wheel well but it was protruding up. This is when ICA placed garbage bag on top of it for two reasons, one to hide that it was protruding upwards and to mask the smell of what I believe was the beginning stages of decomp. Now either ICA got her father to help her (I doubt) or after some point ICA knew she had to remove Caylee from the trunk. ICA waits until nobody is home, carry's Caylee to the backyard and places her behind the pool in case someone comes home. She then goes to barrow the shovel from her neighbor, goes out to the car and gets all of Caylee's belongings that was near her, places them in bags, gets garbage bags to place Caylee in, then at dark time, she carries the bags to the dump site. This way if anyone saw her they wouldn't think twice of what she was doing. Probably just that she was tossing garbage out.

The stain I believe is the upside of her body that was pressing on the wheel cover, the car was cleaned out using what I have no idea, maybe carpet cleaner type for like dry cleaning, and rag wiped over the trunk area. *shrug* and MOO

But the underside of the spare tire cover doesn't have this stain at all.

But the underside of the spare tire cover doesn't have this stain at all.
Thank you, see I'm not up to all the facts. This would tell me that some type of dry carpet cleaner could have been used to try and clean up the smell or maybe that the body wasn't in there long enough for full decomp but rather only a small amount.

I wish as the trial goes forth and when this and every part of the trial comes up that WS, will post a direct link to a photo of which is being presented in court. It would help for I'm terrible at locating information with this case for there is MILLIONS of post.

Hi Wen,

I know you posted an answer to my question, but I can't find it. I thought your outlining on the stain was incredible - I look at it now and do not have to look and hope to find the outline - the toddler is clear as day.

My question was do you think the prosecutors will have this down the way you do. If I were a juror and you pointed this out to me, I would be speechless at the thought of the baby in the trunk and it really gives them insight into how horrendous this crime is. Thanks - Solace

Well, thank you for your compliment, but I do not deserve the credit. Honestly, BJB and JWG did all of that work, based upon the emails where it was described. We were just all scrambling to see the image that the techs saw back in Sept 09.

I know the state has this case completely tied up with a big red bow on the package, because it is all there for everyone to see. I doubt the SA will outline the baby, I don't think it will be necessary based upon what they actually have.

OT: I have always loved looking for the hidden images in media, I still cannot see the camel on the pack of cigarettes without seeing fallac (sic?) pictures. In every liquor ad the ice cubes are so graphic. I learned about the hidden images in media while taking college classes. Years later, I fell in love with the "stone" pattern on my linoleum and kept feeling it was so intriguing. When I got it installed in my home - I realized why. The hidden images are quite sexual and graphic and I should have spent more time looking at the sample piece - before ordering it. Oh well, I know that not everyone can see these images and I have not had anyone to date comment on my "*advertiser censored*" flooring - so I guess it is all good.

Well, thank you for your compliment, but I do not deserve the credit. Honestly, BJB and JWG did all of that work, based upon the emails where it was described. We were just all scrambling to see the image that the techs saw back in Sept 09.

I know the state has this case completely tied up with a big red bow on the package, because it is all there for everyone to see. I doubt the SA will outline the baby, I don't think it will be necessary based upon what they actually have.

OT: I have always loved looking for the hidden images in media, I still cannot see the camel on the pack of cigarettes without seeing fallac (sic?) pictures. In every liquor ad the ice cubes are so graphic. I learned about the hidden images in media while taking college classes. Years later, I fell in love with the "stone" pattern on my linoleum and kept feeling it was so intriguing. When I got it installed in my home - I realized why. The hidden images are quite sexual and graphic and I should have spent more time looking at the sample piece - before ordering it. Oh well, I know that not everyone can see these images and I have not had anyone to date comment on my "*advertiser censored*" flooring - so I guess it is all good.

Thanks so much. Thank God you like hidden images.

I still would like to see that outline done for the jurors but you may be right they may not do it. But it was so welll done - thanks to everyone.

HLN now reporting the duct tape, stickers, stain in trunk and air samples will not make or break the case (Stacy Hororwitz).

Discussing what will be coming up in the next few days hearings.

Bumping for review before tomorrow's hearing. (Which starts at 9 a.m. EST btw.)

HLN now reporting the duct tape, stickers, stain in trunk and air samples will not make or break the case (Stacy Hororwitz).

Discussing what will be coming up in the next few days hearings.
Interesting. I think all three will make a huge difference. Maybe less so with the heart sticker, as there is no photo of the outline on the duct tape, just testimony about it, but the other two? Heck yea. Huge.

Interesting. I think all three will make a huge difference. Maybe less so with the heart sticker, as there is no photo of the outline on the duct tape, just testimony about it, but the other two? Heck yea. Huge.

HLN wants as much back and forth as possible. The stain in the trunk is going to seal that the baby was in there, along with the cadaver dogs.

Then the 31 days, the June 20th photo of KC dancing and all the rest of the dsyfunctional family being brought to light.

I can't watch HLN anymore - Jane Velez goes right through you with that screaming and her wooden hammer.

i was reading up on the scott peterson case and i though this quote was interesting... especially since there was so much gas found in casey's trunk

The tan tarp found in the shed was drenched
with gasoline from a leaky gas blower.
Crime scene technicians hung it on a fence
to dry out. In his opening statement,
prosecutor Rick Distaso noted that
gasoline kills biological material,
such as DNA and blood.

http://www.findlaci2003.us/evidence-pictures-trial2.html

I apologize if this post is not 100% on topic here, but it concerns the the arguments about the stain in the Frye hearing on Friday. Mods, if there is a more appropriate place to put this, please move it! (TIA)

At the end of the arguments HHBP asked both Baez and Ashton if there was any testimony "as to any chemical constitution of the stain". Baez answered first and tried hard to sidestep the question to the point that HHBP had to drag it out of him who was the expert that was going to testify as to the chemical composition of the stain. Baez at this point had to say that it was Vass's opinion, but he stammered around for a few seconds before saying it was the opinion of the "Non Physicist" Dr. Vass.

Did he really mean to say "Physicist"???? Did he mean "chemist"?? This has been bugging me since the hearing and I haven't seen anything on that. Maybe I am missing something?? :waitasec:

OK, index posts are now at 656 and 1019. Is there a mod around who can magically bump these up towards the front of the thread like a table of contents?

Bumping this post to give the "Index Post" numbers that YNot patiently put together for some of the best of the best posts on this thread. Anyone who needs a refresher on this topic should check out the individual post numbers listed on this 2 indexes. The work done here is phenomenal!!! I do not remember much testimony on the "stain in the trunk" during the Frye hearings - it was all about the composition of the "smell" in the trunk. The only thing I do remember was JB talking about this "crazy" idea that the outline of a child's body could be seen in the pictures of the trunk. Does anyone else remember much about the "stain in the trunk" being brought up during the Frye hearings?

Bumping this post to give the "Index Post" numbers that YNot patiently put together for some of the best of the best posts on this thread. Anyone who needs a refresher on this topic should check out the individual post numbers listed on this 2 indexes. The work done here is phenomenal!!! I do not remember much testimony on the "stain in the trunk" during the Frye hearings - it was all about the composition of the "smell" in the trunk. The only thing I do remember was JB talking about this "crazy" idea that the outline of a child's body could be seen in the pictures of the trunk. Does anyone else remember much about the "stain in the trunk" being brought up during the Frye hearings?

I sure don't.....but if it came from Jose, his statement doesn't surprise me. If that's all he's got is a complaint that it's a crazy idea, they're in deep trouble. I noticed for the first time today the outline of her body in that trunk. Couldn't see it before today. I think I had seen someone else's idea of what it would have looked like and everytime I saw a pic of the stain after that, I had that pre-concieved idea of what I was looking for but couldn't see it. It hit me today.....and so clearly....it gave me goose bumps. I cannot imagine that evidence not coming into the trial.

From wikipedia:
"What chemical physicists do Chemical physicists commonly probe the structure and dynamics of ions, free radicals, polymers, clusters, and molecules. Areas of study include the quantum mechanical behavior of chemical reactions, the process of solvation, inter- and intra-molecular energy flow, and single entities such as quantum dots. Experimental chemical physicists use a variety of spectroscopic techniques to better understand hydrogen bonding, electron transfer, the formation and dissolution of chemical bonds, chemical reactions, and the formation of nanoparticles."

So has someone along the way told Baez that at chemical physicist may know more about the formulation and dissolution of chemical bonds than a chemist does? Wonder if he's found a chemical physicist to testify that Febreze and Bounce when combined with _____ will become chloroform?

Not so crazy! Just ask George Anthony. He knew what it was when he saw it, he smelled it and even put his nose down to it to be sure... he knew it was death and didn't need a Frye test to prove it.

Not so crazy! Just ask George Anthony. He knew what it was when he saw it, he smelled it and even put his nose down to it to be sure... he knew it was death and didn't need a Frye test to prove it.

One down!!

Order Denying
Motion to Exclude Irrelevant Evidence of Stain in Trunk of Car

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members