2010.03.18 KC's indigency hearing #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So JB acknowledged internet rumors that he was to make a total of $900K on this case. This tells me they are no longer passively glancing at the net here and there-They are actively watching the blogs and streams.

Hi JB!!!! :)

Dream Team: You all agreed to represent this murderer Pro-Bono.....then frickin do that!!!!!!!!! Do you really expect to get paid expenses and such (computers!!!????) all of a sudden? I think NOT

Secondly, did anyone else notice how angry Casey got after Jose testified that the backpack full of pics sold to ABC was Casey's deal? Casey grabbed her little yellow legal pad and wrote something. Wonder what it was? It looked as if the pen was going to make marks through the pad and onto the desk!!! GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRR PS: Seeing Casey go ggggrrrrrrr really, really makes my day :eek:)

I DID see that...and I figured she was writing 'STOOPID, STOOPID, STOOPID"

LOL

I agree, for the most part. I don't mean this disrepectfully at all, but Mason is no young hungry lawyer needing to build a reputation. It is my understanding he is already pretty well established in the Central FL area. He doesn't NEED the free publicity and I don't believe he is making an appearance based on morality. This whole thing smells big time to me. IF he is death-qualified, this would give JB and AL an out....and maybe he could convince the State to put that plea bargain back on the table.

Considering what we have seen of his personality today, he would consider something like this a challange he could not resist. To take a case that has been so badly managed by a blithering buffoon and come up with a win! That would give him bragging rights for a long, long time. Anything less than a guilty and sentenced to death verdict could be considered a win by CM.

Hey guys, late getting here.
Here is what I predict

1. ) The money Todd paid will need to be returned to Todd since that much and more is allegedly missing from his clients trust account.

2.) The judge is making Baez itemize the costs he has spent

3.) The judge is going to order experts are to be sought out in Florida if at all possible, regardless there will be a cap on what they are paid.

4. ) Mr. Mason has a real law firm with a real staff and from now on motions will be correct on the facts, and correct on the law, personalities aside.

5. ) Andrea will bow out gracefully within three months

Mom and Pop are dunzo!

YAYYYY!!!! I was asking about you! :blowkiss:

Here is what I predict

1. ) The money Todd paid will need to be returned to Todd since that much and more is allegedly missing from his clients trust account.

3.) The judge is going to order experts are to be sought out in Florida if at all possible, regardless there will be a cap on what they are paid.

4. ) Mr. Mason has a real law firm with a real staff and from now on motions will be correct on the facts, and correct on the law, personalities aside.

Mom and Pop are dunzo!

It is all good!!

BBM-Wouldn't that be convenient for the perfect "Angel?"

On tru tv mr mason did concede that JB is first chair and he is only doing what JB asks him to do.:banghead:

Yeah right. Mr high falutin' pitbull lawyer is taking directions from Baez? Give me a break! More like Baez is being told what to do, especially after today.

Wow, what a circus!!! I knew more money was there! And did I read right that she wrote 50 letters!?!?! Dear God, is Casey that incapable of shutting her mouth? How did this get by her lawyers for crying out loud?

And a word of advice to CM, don't piss off JS. You won't like him when he's angry. I mean seriously, how the hell does he possibly think he can win when he targets the judge right out of the gate? This isn't Law and Order dude. Quit taking notes from Hollywood on how to do your job! And no one is afraid of you, so there!!!

If this is what he trial is going to be like, I may have to save up all
of my vacation for it!

When the lawyers have to huddle again to decide on what to tell the court about their finances, it really makes you wonder. If they were straight up and honest, they would be ready with documentation and wouldn't need these huddles. It looks exceptionally shady. What are they trying to hide???

And for the life of me, I just don't get it- what will it take to get Baez investigated and disbarred? :banghead:

Well well well, ole JB finally admitted that $200K was paid to KC from ABC television for picture and video rights. hhhmmmm......whatever happened to "that family in CT" that gave them so much money? hhhmmmmm........

Then the SA asks JB repeatedly about book deals, movie deals, picture rights, etc. etc. and JB just denies, denies, denies - yet he's already "been there, done that".

I wanna see these "letters" - and wow, 50 of 'em.

Just keep telling myself - patience pays.......

Here is what I predict

Mom and Pop are dunzo!

It is all good!!

Beautifully Put The World According - my only disagreement - the word - gracefully.

But she is GONE! No joy in Orlando for her,

Considering what we have seen of his personality today, he would consider something like this a challange he could not resist. To take a case that has been so badly managed by a blithering buffoon and come up with a win! That would give him bragging rights for a long, long time. Anything less than a guilty and sentenced to death verdict could be considered a win by CM.

I'm a paralegal and know a few just like Mr. Mason. I agree that he would love the challenge and any bragging rights that would come with it. Since you are familiar with him, you are probably spot on with your assessment!

Well well well, ole JB finally admitted that $200K was paid to KC from ABC television for picture and video rights. hhhmmmm......whatever happened to "that family in CT" that gave them so much money? hhhmmmmm........

Then the SA asks JB repeatedly about book deals, movie deals, picture rights, etc. etc. and JB just denies, denies, denies - yet he's already "been there, done that".

I wanna see these "letters" - and wow, 50 of 'em.

Just keep telling myself - patience pays.......

I was shocked Baez could say with a straight face - no deals in the works for the future - are you FKM????

You mean that you haven't actually put your signature on? I'll bet your cheap cologne can still be smelled in every possible TV and Publisher's office in the USA.

On tru tv mr mason did concede that JB is first chair and he is only doing what JB asks him to do.:banghead:

I have a feeling Mr. Mason walked into this without knowing all of the facts behind the team and finances. He spoke harshly thinking everything was okay on that field, out of usual respect for fellow attorneys. He may just now be seeing a little darkness shedding on that area.

When the lawyers have to huddle again to decide on what to tell the court about their finances, it really makes you wonder. If they were straight up and honest, they would be ready with documentation and wouldn't need these huddles. It looks exceptionally shady. What are they trying to hide???

And for the life of me, I just don't get it- what will it take to get Baez investigated and disbarred? :banghead:

Quote Respect elementary :)
BBM

Yes! We have more rules here on WS! We are not allowed to make statements that are not true. We are held more accountable here than these lawyers are. And is it true that: "none of this is anybody's business" like mr. new guy says?

...jmo...

AND still we wonder where the other $112,500 of the cash was spent. Jose worked 312 eight hour days on nothing but Casey so far? Uhhhhh, try to do the math BEFORE you get to the court room. Believe it or not, there are some people involved in the legal process that actually CHECK statements.

Hi Thommy, I can tell you that he will say several lawyers and numerous paralegals at his firm work this case, round the clock
every phone call
every fax
every letter that a secretary is asked to type
every moment researching case law
every courier fee
every bit of postage
every jail visit
every interview
every phone call
every deposition service
every transcript
gas
recording equipment/ CDs and like supplies
cameras
lots and lots and lots of yellow notepads for Casey will wind up on a illustrious bill.

He will get a sample from another file from a buddy lawyer and cut and paste it if I had my guess.

BBM-I think the same of AL. In fact, AL seems resigned to the fact that even her best day in court will still result in LWOP. And that would be a win for her.

I got the same thing except: 1) $22,500 for AL and 2) the secret evidence has been exposed to be letters exchanged between KC and a couple of federal inmates. The contents to be released as you described.

I am sure that JS gave a specific time frame in re. the defense turning over the accounting for the rest of expenditures, but I be darned if I can recall it. :waitasec:

Bold mine

I thought that JS gave the defense until end of day tomorrow. Anyone else?

I was shocked Baez could say with a straight face - no deals in the works for the future - are you FKM????

You mean that you haven't actually put your signature on? I'll bet your cheap cologne can still be smelled in every possible TV and Publisher's office in the USA.

One of my favorite moments of the whole hearing was when Jeff Ashton shot back, "I didn't ask what you had signed." LMAO!

I think Mr. Mason is an "old school" Attorney. Some of the tactics he used today, I don't think are acceptable in a modern day Court Room. IMO
I was shocked by his rude disrespectful attitude towards Judge Stickland.

The way he keeps referring to the SA as "the ignorant" has left me furious. He repeated it on TruTV while being interviewed after the hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daniellelacy