2010.03.18 KC's indigency hearing #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most defense atty's don't give their clients money, I believe it works the other way around.

Bold mine.

Oh, they knew...they just hoped that JS didn't make them show it, and that he would just grant the indigency. Now, since JS wants an accounting, the defense asked for and got a few days to tally this up...it's all about delay, delay, delay. :banghead:

I laughed so hard when JS was saying he wanted to know when, where it was spent and Mason kept insisting it's all in the past and there isn't a penny in the coffers now - the past is over and it doesn't matter.

(I'm adlibbing part of that - but wow - crazy and good try - didn't work on JS! He just kept rocking from side to side like he does when he ticked off)

Did JB actually confirm that KC brought stuff in her backpack to take to JB for ABC? Remember that was the line of questioning of CA in the State Depo that had JB doing somersaults telling her to be quiet.

So Andrea states that students are not paying any money?? Or that they are not being paid money???? My question is......if Depaul students are working on the case as part of their class........AND if they are students paying tuition.....then there is another can of worms to look into.

She states her clinic is a charitable organization. Who is going to ask for those records that, by law, MUST be made public???????

I was imagining that when the defense went for their money matters conference they were all jumping up and down yelling "what are we going to say"?

This indigent thing is really infuriating me. Here's a question for any legal WS'ers here:

When Baez and the Dream Team agreed to take this high profile case on THEY KNEW THAT KC HAD NO MONEY. In other words: They agreed to represent Casey knowing that she was indigent.

How is it possible that NOW they could force the tax payers to fund her Dream Team???????? Wouldn't JS tell them that they knew this going in and accepted it anyways OR she'll have to settle for a state funded DA like the rest of us poor people????

GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

What happened earlier this year maybe towards end of last year when the SA wanted to know how CA was paying for her defense. Why now say "I have no money", why not then? That too seems fishy. Were they (defenses team)not finish hiding all the money then? Or was Bozo and team waiting on a book/movie deal that fell through? I just don't understand when they were ask by the SA about the defense $$ why this wasn't brought up then.

Mr. Mason said that JB was the lead atty and that he(mr. mason)was just doing what JB had asked him to do.

Can you imagine that phone call? "Uhhhhh Mr Mason, this is Jose Baez. Can you be the lawyer I can't?"

Does anyone else see the impact of Todd Macaluso putting his own money into the defense fund???? Was he attempting to "launder" it through out of State channels in an effort to hide it from those investigating his books for misuse of client money????? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

It's the damdest thing I have ever heard of.....me thinks that the money trail will be followed though....

I had to cash in me 401 to pay for all the trouble I got myself in. My lawyer, being the swell guy he is, found out about my life. He said he would take half IF the other half went to kids and ex. I just canna see Jose doing that. Just a little side-note to share, not a dig at anyone on TV :)

I wasn't able to watch and I can tell the defense went into this just expecting a handout. I guess JS is through being a nice guy to them. I just can't get over the fact that AL was so unprepared. I really expect more out of her! And CM taking a case before he knows what he's getting into? I'm starting to wonder if the requirement for being a defense member is to leave your brain at the door.

Either Baez is being a patsy on purpose, they are desperately trying to set up a stellar appeal later on, or no one with a brain and common sense is willing to go anywhere near this case.

And what was going on with CA today? Is she worried her finances might get dragged into this? Well, we at least know the affair happened by how she was treating George today, that's for sure!

I am not fans of George and Cindy at all, but I thought they looked so pitiful when the hearing ended and they were leaning forward towards KC waiting for some acknowledgement and got ABSOLUTELY none. Actually that made me giggle a little bit and now I feel like a horrible person. Sometimes, I really want to feel sorry for them, but I just can't seem to get there.

Does anyone else see the impact of Todd Macaluso putting his own money into the defense fund???? Was he attempting to "launder" it through out of State channels in an effort to hide it from those investigating his books for misuse of client money????? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Who knows with the crowd.

LOL it sounded more to me like " .... and for the low price of $xxxxx you too can buy into this case of the century."

This indigent thing is really infuriating me. Here's a question for any legal WS'ers here:

When Baez and the Dream Team agreed to take this high profile case on THEY KNEW THAT KC HAD NO MONEY. In other words: They agreed to represent Casey knowing that she was indigent.

How is it possible that NOW they could force the tax payers to fund her Dream Team???????? Wouldn't JS tell them that they knew this going in and accepted it anyways OR she'll have to settle for a state funded DA like the rest of us poor people????

GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

IMHO when they took this case, they knew she didn't have any money, but they saw NOTHING BUT MONEY SIGNS.......they KNEW the deals that could be had. And by damn, they have had some of them now haven't they? And I hope that the IRS, the State Bar of Ethics and anybody else that has an interest in this thing will haunt them to the end of their days.

Yes, you're right, Andrea received $22,500 for expenses. Her saying that came out of the clinics donation of $70,000 was news because I think everyone assumed it came out of the $200,000. So really that just leaves Jose's $89,000 out of the $200,000. Hmmm, lots of money left over. I really think KC would have to pay taxes on that $200K but Baez never mentioned it.

Plus the donor's $5,000. Plus Macaluso's $70,000.

That's a lot of money to leave out of the declarations.

I am so happy that JAC is holding KC & Company accountable for the details of the expenditures. I'm also pleased that JS refused to allow them (defense) to go in camera with this hogwash also.

Seems that any attorney worth their salt would have come to court today with reams and volumes of documented expenses/fees/whatever (I don't care - make something up) to impress the court and the JAC.

The arrogance and ignorance of team Casey continue to render me speechless. They want the Florida tax payers to pony up and pay because they are to be trusted?

In my opinion, That money will not be allowed to remain in Casey's trust account. IF he is indeed being investigated for misappropriating funds from one client's trust account in the neighborhood of 100K, there is now way those ill gotten gains will stay in another client of his, Casey's, trust account. That is going back and there will be a bar complaint to accompany it, I am hoping. When you are a kid and your mom notices something new you have and you say Johnny gave it to ya, your mom calls Johnny's mom....guess what..if it turns out little Johnny is on punishment for stealing two of those from the store...you don't get to keep yours. No , your mom marches you straight up to the store to return it and ask them if they want to press charges. You don't get to say ..it wasn't me ...mom and dad. Well at least not in my house, that would be the fasted and straightest path to a whipping to try to pass the buck. I think that is what Jose needs a dad figure, a Sr. Partner to take him under his wing and show him the ropes a bit. So Captain Cowbow has arrived in Mr. Cheney.

Here is what Todd is thinking right about now of what Jose divulged today...you dropped a bomb on me!![ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17lkdqoLt44[/ame]

As an officer of the court, the right thing for Baez to do once he learned of the trust fund money debacle in Todd's other case would have been to return the money straight away. He sure has no problem jumping up and down trying to report things, that he feels he must, as an officer of the court, he often says he has a duty to disclose that there may be a conflict of interest regarding Mark now representing TES. Right? The defense has brought that matter to the judge's attention a number of times. Then something serious like 70 grand comes up and they take the don't ask. don't tell approach? It is Hubris, plain and simple. Hurray for Judge Strickland for making it all be on the record.
I bet Mr. Hornsby fell out laughing when he heard Mr. Baez inform the court that Mr. Malcuso gave the defense seventy thousand dollars. I know I did.You just can't make this stuff up!!

Note to the defense: You haven't heard the last of this from the judge, not by a long shot. Baez will tag along like the little brother as long as he can, but he too will drop off the case, or be removed if the judge finds the 70 grand as unethical as I do.

I wasn't able to watch and I can tell the defense went into this just expecting a handout. I guess JS is through being a nice guy to them. I just can't get over the fact that AL was so unprepared. I really expect more out of her! And CM taking a case before he knows what he's getting into? I'm starting to wonder if the requirement for being a defense member is to leave your brain at the door.

Either Baez is being a patsy on purpose, they are desperately trying to set up a stellar appeal later on, or no one with a brain and common sense
is willing to go anywhere near this case.

And what was going on with CA today? Is she worried her finances might gt dragged into this? Well, we at least know the affair happened by how she was treating George today, that's for sure!

BBM
I really think that they thought that they were protected by the sealed in-camera hearing where JS sealed the source of the funding. Never thought that when asking for public money they would have to disclose that. Geez!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!