2010.03.18 KC's indigency hearing #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:banghead:I am confused. AL's said she is working pro-bono and that she spent around 1000 hrs working on the Case. She then says she had to buy computers, investigative work, travel, and transcripts. If an attorney inserts themselves in a case as pro-bono how can they come back later and ask for money?

She also says she does fund raising for her clinic for the poor criminals $70,000 of that used, $22,000 can be deducted? So confused here.

AL's knew what she was getting into, the amount needed was of no surprise, so why all the nonsense now about being broke? They all wanted to work for free...how can they now ask for money? They should be thrown off the case and Casey should get a PD just like any other inmate!!!!:furious:

I pray to the good Lord that AL's and Baez's get exposed! Something is really wrong, I feared that JS was going to over look it, and he didn't...now we just need the proof to appear! Time for the circus to leave town!:furious:

"Snip" http://www.wftv.com/video/22877854/index.html

Does anyone know which attorneys, which experts, etc... stated they were pro bono so far?

We know JB is not, he was retained.

There should be a law that those charged with murder can not profit off of the victim until they have been declared not guilty of the crime.

I'm watching JB testify again about the money and he has no
clue where the money went, let's face it JB you wasted a lot of money and have zip to show for it. No experts paid tons of depositions left to do WTF has he been doing for all this time. This guy is a poor excuse for an attorney

A teacher of mine once told our class that he went to a Price is Right taping-He said word had it that a tax collector sat in the audience to observe and make sure every winner was caught up with after the show-Not sure if that's just legend, but I think it would be just dandy if they sent an agent down to watch the show in the Orlando courtroom today. Make sure everyone is caught up with.

Your teacher was right, Just Jayla. I have a friend who appeared on the show and won quite a bit. She said immediately after the show she was signing tax forms concerning her winning.

So in 15 days they have to cook up some sort of records for where the loot went. I guess the 'put up or shut up' defense order is by the wayside because Todd is gone?

When asked about, AL didn't, JB say she was working pro-bono and has not been paid anything "YET"?

:banghead:I am confused. AL's said she is working pro-bono and that she spent around 1000 hrs working on the Case. She then says she had to buy computers, investigative work, travel, and transcripts. If an attorney inserts themselves in a case as pro-bono how can they come back later and ask for money?
She also says she does fund raising for her clinic for the poor criminals $70,000 of that used, $22,000 can be deducted? So confused here.

AL's knew what she was getting into, the amount needed was of no surprise, so why all the nonsense now about being broke? They all wanted to work for free...how can they now ask for money? They should be thrown off the case and Casey should get a PD just like any other inmate!!!!:furious:

I pray to the good Lord that AL's and Baez's get exposed! Something is really wrong, I feared that JS was going to over look it, and he didn't...now we just need the proof to appear! Time for the circus to leave town!:furious:

"Snip" http://www.wftv.com/video/22877854/index.html

BBM: My feelings EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (still ggrrring)

I knew more money was there! And did I read right that she wrote 50 letters!?!?! Dear God, is Casey that incapable of shutting her mouth? How did this get by her lawyers for crying out loud?

Respectfully snipped and bolded by me.

The best part is she only wants to talk to those people she thinks she can snow. She certainly didn't want to talk to LE about Caylee, she didn't want to talk to her parents when she was home...nope, she just wants to communicate with those for whom she believes she can create an alternate reality.

With this inmate or inmates, she thought she could write her own story on the whole thing.

Personally, I can't wait to read these letters. I'm salivating at the thought.

May I just laugh about Mason saying those who were under the impression that there were other media deals are uneducated and biased?????

Ummmmmmmmmm Mr. Mason......please join us on WS (won't be long now heh?) and witness for yourself that we are FAR FROM UNEDUCATED. Now.......I can't speak for others....but I am proud to be a member of WS where we are a wee bit smarter than the average forum member.

Now JVM mentioning the interest in TM and his donation. This is going to implode on TM....he'll wish he was back on that Mexico beach with a helicopter for escape to a non extradition country.

I bet Depaul is going to get crushed in the wake of disclosure that their own law clinic fund was depleted for a FL. case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Might explain why AL looks so dejected. Now her rep is tarnished. See Andrea........it's the KC curse. How responsible was it to use funds for a CHicago law clinic to work on a FL. case. THIS is going to really hurt her!!

LOL, i'm from Chicago, gotta tell you, we see this kind of thing all the time around here. We didn't get our reputation for dirty politics for nothin. :crazy:

The way he keeps referring to the SA as "the ignorant" has left me furious. He repeated it on TruTV while being interviewed after the hearing.

ITA....my only consolation with this turn of events (meaning, the "new" attorney) is that some of us might remember Bruce Cutler, former atty for John "Teflon" Gotti.....Bruce became very famous for defending the mob boss...he became somewhat of a characature over the years and by the time he represented Phil Spector he was a full-blown baffoon riding on the wave of his past accomplishments......

This new atty CM reminds me of the same thing...."I'm a somebody - watch out for me.....This is my show now....."

Only to wind up with egg on his face because not all cases are good to take for publicity.....for a lawyer, bad publicity is bad publicity - period....

So I am very interested to watch where his career (along with the rest of these stooges) goes.....

Every dream team winds up in their own nightmare - just ask OJ's old team, what is left of them....

Are the 15 days for JB and team to get their account records to JS or for the letters?

I thought the accounting had to be at Judge's office by this afternoon or no later tomorrow.
The 15 days was for defense to view what SA had sealed that is now unsealed (possible letters CA wrote to inmates who are in Federal Prision big no-no and using a guard at jail to send out)
and to file motion to seal again if needed by defense.

Madjgnlaw said:

ALyon used $7,000, not $70,000 as you have above, Madj...all in all it's up to $282.00..

200,000 ABC
70,000 Todd Mac
5,000 donated by ???
7,000 from ALyon law clinic...

JMHO

I felt ABC paid them the licensing fees but just hearing it confirmed anger the heck out of me. Knowing precious Caylee is funding the defense of the one who sits accused of her murder...only in America! :furious:

How does she pluck her eyebrows? I am not making comment on whether it looks good or anything like that. I just want to know how she plucks her eyebrows while in jail?

TIA.

Some prisons let the inmates use tweezers, but they are monitored. They give they so much time then the tweezers are returned to the prison guards.

I'm sorry but here's my dumb question for the day...when reading the Florida Statute about indigent status that Mr Hornsby so kindly alerted us to it occurs to me -

1) If they find her not indigent she's still got all these lawyers pro-bono right? They've made declaration to the court that they are performing services free. If the defense doesn't get what they want (legal pad expenses, pens, oh yeah that's right a depo or two, pay for their own paralegal expenses) what are they going to do, throw up their hands and say 'oops, sorry, no more representation'?

2) If JB can't account for everything down to the penny, sounds like the SA can go after him for fraud. Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!