2010.03.18 KC's indigency hearing #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone read the latest up in Today's News?
ABC says the picture deal was brokered BY BAEZ, not Casey.

"I asked ABC News if the deal was done with Casey Anthony.

The deal was done with an attorney representing several owners of copyrighted content, ABC News spokeswoman Cathie Levine said. That attorney is Baez, she added."<snipped>

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...y+%28TV+Guy%29

OOPS...it appears that ABC is not JB's BFF...:floorlaugh:
OMG this is really about to get very interesting, isn't it.

The deal was done with an attorney representing several owners of copyrighted content, ABC News spokeswoman Cathie Levine said. That attorney is Baez, she added."<snipped>

The deal was done with an attorney representing several owners of copyrighted content, ABC News spokeswoman Cathie Levine said. That attorney is Baez, she added.

I bet George and Cindy owned some of those videos. Wonder how much they got?

Cheney Mason new member of defense team, Judge says what kept you
Are you kidding, did my hero , the judge say that? That is too too funny. I have got to see the playback. In other words, finally a grown up at the table!!!! Priceless!!!

:banghead:I am confused. AL's said she is working pro-bono and that she spent around 1000 hrs working on the Case. She then says she had to buy computers, investigative work, travel, and transcripts. If an attorney inserts themselves in a case as pro-bono how can they come back later and ask for money?

She also says she does fund raising for her clinic for the poor criminals $70,000 of that used, $22,000 can be deducted? So confused here.

AL's knew what she was getting into, the amount needed was of no surprise, so why all the nonsense now about being broke? They all wanted to work for free...how can they now ask for money? They should be thrown off the case and Casey should get a PD just like any other inmate!!!!:furious:

I pray to the good Lord that AL's and Baez's get exposed! Something is really wrong, I feared that JS was going to over look it, and he didn't...now we just need the proof to appear! Time for the circus to leave town!:furious:

"Snip" http://www.wftv.com/video/22877854/index.html

Pro Bono means they are not getting paid for hours worked, in other words NO SALARY, they are working for free. But they don't want to shell out their own money for costs. They still expect their "expenses" to be paid, like travel, investigators, computer costs and transcripts. They stated today they will all work for free, Pro Bono, but are asking the state to pay for the expenses.

Prior to today, Andrea disclosed in the affidavit that she has been paid $22,500 for expenses. I assumed that money was from KC (the rumored $200,000). Andrea said today that her non-profit law clinic has paid $70,000 towards expenses for KC's defense, which includes the $22,500 already disclosed. So the $22,500 came from the law clinic NOT Casey.

HTH

The JAC asked that Judge Strickland delay ruling until there were more docs covering money paid thus far provided for review. Judge Strickland is not opposed to an in camera review of the financials but they are now required.

In other words, the defense got what they asked for. :waitasec:

The JAC asked that Judge Strickland delay ruling until there were more docs covering money paid thus far provided for review. Judge Strickland is not opposed to an in camera review of the financials but they are now required.

Thank you kindly for the reply, Sleuther, but I am still confused (my usual state lol) I thought Judge S said he wanted it all in 'the open'. If JB submits documents are they made public or will only the judge's (JAC's) ruling be announced? If so we still won't know the info JB didn't want released. Is that correct?

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...y+%28TV+Guy%29[/URL]

Bolded in red by me
"Several owners" who are the rest???????

Are you kidding, did my hero , the judge say that? That is too too funny. I have got to see the playback. In other words, finally a grown up at the table!!!! Priceless!!!

I kind of got the impression that Mason and JS are old friends.

OMG, if this is correct, that ABC has gone on the record and said the deal was made by Baez, according to Mr. Hornsby that is a violation of ethics and against the rules and he is going down for that. THAT IS HUGE!!!!

This is what he said on the podcast this week:
RH " You cannot sell your clients rights, you cannot sell even yours, you cannot sell her media publication rights. It would be a conflict of interest. He cannot broker the deal and then manage the money. The only way it would have been anywhere close to ethical and within the rules would be if he got a sep. lawyer to come in and broker the deal and manage her money."

Host " The grandparents could get paid and then give the money to the defense, right?"

RH " That did not happen. The grandparents did not get paid these amounts. They have been deposed. They have been asked under oath how Jose Baez is being paid. They said they do not know. They denied it under oath. It was Casey Anthony or Jose Baez. If he brokered these deals it is unethical, it is against the rules."

The March 25th hearing was sealed. SOME MEDIA OUTLET NEEDS FILE A MOTION TO REQUEST THAT BE UNSEALED BECAUSE NOW THAT THE STATE IS GOING TO PAY, THE PUBLIC HAS THE RIGHT TO KNOW. (Mr. Hornsby is speaking of the time they all went into a side room with the judge for five minutes where Casey and Baez explained the source of the money.) That was sealed because they didn't want to disclose to the public how he was being paid.

Jose Baez hasn't spent money doing many depositions or anything else in the case. He has totally mismanaged this case from day one. Nothing at all was getting done until Andrea Lyon came into the case, nothing. Think about it, the less money he spends, the more money he makes."

Yup, the judge said, "Mr. Ashton just laughed."

Cheney said, "I don't care about the ignorant, I care what the lawyers think."

Maybe Cheney didn't know that Ashton is a lawyer.

The judge seemed somewhat taken aback to me.

I don't think he was talking about Ashton. I think he was talking about the guy on the phone.

Blaise (probably been answered a hundred times by now in this thread.)

So is anyone else suprised that he outright LIED in court?:waitasec:

I must have missed something, what did Jose lie about in regards to ABC. I know he swore there was no movie deal and no book deal, but did they ask him about selling pictures?

Communications between Anthony and other inmates are expected to be released Thursday afternoon.

http://www.wesh.com/news/22878005/detail.html

Does this mean to the public ?
It says the investigation was turned over to investigators in February so I wonder :waitasec: if it is possible that Casey was the one who lead the investigators to Ms. River Cruz? That investigation, the knock on her door, also occurred in February, so it's just another one of those things that makes you go, huh? Maybe Casey KNEW about the affair? Is THAT in the realm of possibility...???

Pro Bono means they are not getting paid for hours worked, in other words NO SALARY, they are working for free. But they don't want to shell out their own money for costs. They still expect their "expenses" to be paid, like travel, investigators, computer costs and transcripts. They stated today they will all work for free, Pro Bono, but are asking the state to pay for the expenses.

Prior to today, Andrea disclosed in the affidavit that she has been paid $22,500 for expenses. I assumed that money was from KC (the rumored $200,000). Andrea said today that her non-profit law clinic has paid $70,000 towards expenses for KC's defense, which includes the $22,500 already disclosed. So the $22,500 came from the law clinic NOT Casey.

HTH

I'm betting there isn't a math major among them!

Can anyone say perjury? :loser:

Seriously. I have to re-read this. I know Baez is not the brightest crayon in the box, but he JUST DENIED THIS UNDER OATH less than 2 hours ago!!!

I must have missed something, what did Jose lie about in regards to ABC. I know he swore there was no movie deal and no book deal, but did they ask him about selling pictures?
He stated emphatically that was Casey's deal and that he had consulted an ethics attorney and was advised it would be completely unethical for him to broker any such deals on her behalf. Now ABC is saying Baez DID broker the deal!!!

HTH

So, if they are granted indigency for this case how will they be paid? Will they turn in expenses to someone and then they will be reimbursed or will they get a lump sum of money and have to account for how it is spent? tia

Communications between Anthony and other inmates are expected to be released Thursday afternoon.

http://www.wesh.com/news/22878005/detail.html

Does this mean to the public ?

I saw that too, but its WESH, sometimes they get it wrong. Remember the hearing to have JK deposed and used as testimony for trial later? WESH said JK would be deposed that day at the hearing. They misunderstood and I think they have wrong info again with regard to these letters. The judge clearly said in court they would not be released until defense had a chance to file a motion to hold them back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkipTracer-tg