2010.04.06 Jail House Letters Released #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the FBI guy did too. He was asking about her childhood and he said no abuse, nothing like that?

I think that's the one I was thinking of, the FBI questions. But the other link also shows the same on page 46 of the doc--CA denying sexual abuse allegations and says KC never told her anything about abuse.

I'm just curious if the A's were able to look at these letters before they were released. Do you think they were just reading them along with us, or they had a heads up about the content two weeks ago?

Well I finally took the leap and registered, although I've been lurking around these parts for quite some time.

My initial thoughts on the letters is that A.) She's a textbook extreme sociopath and B.) There's little likelihood that the defense set this thing up.

While a lot of the rambling indicates to me that she's having a tough time in jail and just trying to find some semblance of normalcy in her life, it seems clear to me based in the manner of her writing certain things relating to the case that she's trying to "Sell" her story to the other inmate in the hopes that it will get out. I know JB isn't the sharpest tool in the tool shed, but he surely would know that her writing anything about the case, as high profile as this one is, would come back to bite her. In my opinion, she wrote these letters and talked to the other inmates in the hopes that she could "sell" them on her version of events and hopefully get the story(s) out there through a back channel.

The defense already has to contend with a notorious liar as their client and putting more stories out there about what transpired doesn't help their cause and only makes the prosecutions case much stronger.

As for the sexual assault allegations, for some strange reason I can actually believe them. I believe even law enforcement was inclined very early on to explore this possibility and it came up repeated times throughout the entire process up to this point (even the FBI had some inclination to this when they tested LA for paternity). It also gives some credence to some of KC's behavior prior to the disappearance and she displays some of the behavior of victims that do not get treatment or counseling.

However, in no way would I say that this would be a mitigating factor in the murder/death and subsequent cover-up of her daughter. Perhaps in the penalty phase to get a life without parole sentence rather than the death penalty. KC believes 100% that she will be exonerated and she will waltz out of the jail house. For her to throw the abuse allegations out on advice of the defense just doesn't make sense to me because she (and her defense team) isn't looking for a reduced sentence. I don't think she would tolerate knowing that the defense is looking past her trial and trying to frame things for the penalty phase of the trial. After all, she's planning big trips in an RV and to exotic locations for her post release period.

I find it odd how everything I expected her NOT to say..thinking after ALL this time she'd know better, she said. I truly believe she trusted Robyn because of her desperate need for acceptance and to have a friend. I'm willing to bet KC flushed her letters FROM Robyn, and expected Robyn had done the same.
IMO, Casey lives only in the moment, says what she needs FOR THAT MOMENT, pretends to be whatever works FOR THAT MOMENT.

Her tragic flaw is that she never looks ahead and sees what might be the consequence, how these words or actions might play out...what might be the future outcomes of actions undertaken today.

If Casey believes this person she wants to get close to that minute... would sympathize with a molestation "victim"...she says her brother molested her and, and, and...(for good measure) "maybe too my Dad!" It never dawns on her that her Brother and parents are about the last people on earth (except her legal team) arguing she's "credible." Never considers this might, in the long term, be a very dumb move.

If she thinks this person she wants to get close to that minute...would "enjoy" racist comments, she writes them down. She never looks down the road and says.."Oh gee, maybe if I face a jury one day. racist comments might not be a good idea coming from me." Casey is totally focused on The Now.

Those letters show Casey is an impulsive, live-in-the moment suck-up to whomever is her current object of attention or affection. She is reckless about consequences of her actions.

I think a jury could come to understand from those letters how an impulsive child-woman would chloroform her baby on a whim to go out clubbing.

I think a jury could come to understand from those letters how an impulsive child-woman could stick her baby in a trunk for hours as she partied.

I think a jury could come to understand from those letters how an impulsive child-woman...might do ANYTHING to please the newest man in her life....to whom her Baby Girl is an unwanted, unneeded complication.

I believe they gave Lee a paternity test. He was not the father, am I wrong?

I know he's not -- my mentioning it was speculating if JB is going to try and say kc thought Lee was the father and the death was because of that.

You are correct. The FBI gave LA a paternity test and it was negative. See my post on page 9 of this thread, post #218 where I posted a news story link about it.

The FBI gave two paternity tests: Lee and George. They released a report wherein they cleared ONLY Lee. They said nothing of George's results at all.

I'm just curious if the A's were able to look at these letters before they were released. Do you think they were just reading them along with us, or they had a heads up about the content two weeks ago?

I don't know, but I can tell you that if my child had put forth some of the accusations KC did in these letters, I certainly wouldn't be showing up at her court hearings to support her, as GA and CA did last week.

Yikes! I just stopped at a convenience store and the young lady in front of me was buying a gas can! Sorry OT Achoo

Please enough with the gossip and Lee fathering the baby business.
Let's stick to the transcripts and the information in them.
PLEASE do not post gossip, rumor, or second hand conversations that you have heard or even were said to you.

let's keep this straight up guys. Sorry if I sound harsh but it has been this way since the beginning of the case and this is nothing new. There is a forum full of sticky rules that maybe need to be reviewed. Even players within the case including Rhornsby had to be verified as to who they are and how they come about their info.

Please if you cannot link it, please stick to interpreting, theorizing, and/or discussing what we can link.

Going to leave this closed for just about 10 minutes so everyone can read this notice.

thank you all so much.

W
Well I finally took the leap and registered, although I've been lurking around these parts for quite some time.

My initial thoughts on the letters is that A.) She's a textbook extreme sociopath and B.) There's little likelihood that the defense set this thing up.

While a lot of the rambling indicates to me that she's having a tough time in jail and just trying to find some semblance of normalcy in her life, it seems clear to me based in the manner of her writing certain things relating to the case that she's trying to "Sell" her story to the other inmate in the hopes that it will get out. I know JB isn't the sharpest tool in the tool shed, but he surely would know that her writing anything about the case, as high profile as this one is, would come back to bite her. In my opinion, she wrote these letters and talked to the other inmates in the hopes that she could "sell" them on her version of events and hopefully get the story(s) out there through a back channel.

The defense already has to contend with a notorious liar as their client and putting more stories out there about what transpired doesn't help their cause and only makes the prosecutions case much stronger.

As for the sexual assault allegations, for some strange reason I can actually believe them. I believe even law enforcement was inclined very early on to explore this possibility and it came up repeated times throughout the entire process up to this point (even the FBI had some inclination to this when they tested LA for paternity). It also gives some credence to some of KC's behavior prior to the disappearance and she displays some of the behavior of victims that do not get treatment or counseling.

However, in no way would I say that this would be a mitigating factor in the murder/death and subsequent cover-up of her daughter. Perhaps in the penalty phase to get a life without parole sentence rather than the death penalty. KC believes 100% that she will be exonerated and she will waltz out of the jail house. For her to throw the abuse allegations out on advice of the defense just doesn't make sense to me because she (and her defense team) isn't looking for a reduced sentence. I don't think she would tolerate knowing that the defense is looking past her trial and trying to frame things for the penalty phase of the trial. After all, she's planning big trips in an RV and to exotic locations for her post release period.

Welcome, friend

This, to me shows how incredibly self centered she is. On a personal note, I was an only child, and can remember my mother calling me selfish. She had some head problems of her own, bless her 87 year old heart. HOWEVER, the minute, and I do mean the moment I held my first child in my arms, it was NEVER, NEVER about me again. I am the most selfless person I know - to a fault really. But would do anything and everything, give up the last pork chop or piece of chocolate cake for my kids if they wanted it. You moms know what I mean. “Oh no, honey, you can have it”.

But this is how psycho thinks: (p. 241):
“ I may just break down and listen to Christmas music. Surprisingly, I never do. Since this year is so “unique” maybe changing things up a bit might be...fun? Did you ever wear or do you wear Christmas Pjs? I do, every year. I miss my jammies .”

Seriously? My oldest child is 25 and I can remember every Christmas since he was born. My memories are not my Christmas jammies.

:Welcome-12-june: :newbie: :wave:

great post

I don't think she would tolerate knowing that the defense is looking past her trial and trying to frame things for the penalty phase of the trial. After all, she's planning big trips in an RV and to exotic locations for her post release period.

Snipped your quote---
I know what you mean, but these notes were from a year or so ago. I would hope by now KC has started to think of prison in the long-term sense. But who knows with her mind? Baez is probably still giving her some sort of false sense of winning this and walking some day.

I do think that monkey printout had nothing to do with anything - KC does get a LOT of mail good and bad, I am sure, nothing like a big case to bring out the nutters, right?

I expect she rec'd this from a fan or antifan as it were and simply used the back of the printout to write to cookie.

Do we know if there was a note written on the back?

This, to me shows how incredibly self centered she is. On a personal note, I was an only child, and can remember my mother calling me selfish. She had some head problems of her own, bless her 87 year old heart. HOWEVER, the minute, and I do mean the moment I held my first child in my arms, it was NEVER, NEVER about me again. I am the most selfless person I know - to a fault really. But would do anything and everything, give up the last pork chop or piece of chocolate cake for my kids if they wanted it. You moms know what I mean. “Oh no, honey, you can have it”.

“ I may just break down and listen to Christmas music. Surprisingly, I never do. Since this year is so “unique” maybe changing things up a bit might be...fun? Did you ever wear or do you wear Christmas Pjs? I do, every year. I miss my jammies .”

Seriously? My oldest child is 25 and I can remember every Christmas since he was born. My memories are not my Christmas jammies.

Its quite astonishing that she picked Christmas 2008, just 2 weeks after the remains of her child were found, to start listening to Christmas music!!

5 ft something and 100 some pounds and she didn't know she was pregnant until 6 months is complete and utter hogwash. AND, you cannot have your menstrual cycle while pregnant. Urban legend. You can have vaginal bleeding which is completely different and should not be ignored.

Nuh-uh. No way.

http://www.pregnancy-info.net/comp_periods_pregnancy.html

That is one lie she is sticking too, that's all that is.

I'm just curious how LA or GA could get KC off? Does he mean GA or LA will tell her to take a plea deal? I'm not following why RH would say that.

This is from todays Current News. Sorry. I should have copied and pasted in the first place.

Letters Could Alter Anthony's Murder Trial
Jail Letters Provide Peek At Anthony's Life Behind Bars
POSTED: 11:13 am EDT April 7, 2010
UPDATED: 12:15 pm EDT April 7, 2010
<snipped>
Defense attorney Richard Hornsby said the biggest shocker in the letters were Anthony's claims that she was sexually abused by her brother, Lee Anthony, and her father, George Anthony.

Hornsby said if Casey Anthony sticks to they story, they could face charges.

Horsnby also said if she's convicted of killing her daughter, Caylee Anthony, Casey Anthony's claims that she was abused could save her own life.

"That is huge. If a jury were to hear that, it's almost impossible a jury would ever impose a death penalty on her -- if that was true," Hornsby said.

VIDEO: Letters Could Impact Anthony's Trial
http://www.wesh.com/video/23074049/index.html

Article:
http://www.wesh.com/news/23077865/detail.html

I still wouldn't have a problem giving her the DP. MOO

To me, it seems like she is trying to distance herself from the entire ordeal but then jumps right back on it whenever she can weave her own version into her thoughts. I've studied the criminal justice system and I've been around correctional facilities and for the most part, the last thing that inmates want to talk about is the incidents that put them behind bars. Sure, some will throw it out there and proclaim their innocence, but as the stereotype that we've seen in the movies and in books goes, most other inmates will ridicule them by implying that "there are no guilty people in prison". It's just part of the micro-culture that gets into the system.

That's why I think that all of these letters were written for two reasons by KC - 1.) To establish a link to the outside to get another version of the events out there and 2.) Establish some form of normalcy in her world by fantasizing about the outside world (most inmates do this). She covers both of those points pretty thoroughly.

Its quite astonishing that she picked Christmas 2008, just 2 weeks after the remains of her child were found, to start listening to Christmas music!!
And all her letters remained cheery, humorous, lovey and still planning for her new life. Never skipped a beat. Just write a book, bank on it and travel the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megaera