2010.04.06 Jail House Letters Released #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well there ya go, shows ya how much experience I have dealing with briefs. :loser:

Do you recall if that one LambChop is referring to referenced sexual abuse?

Was that Terry Lennamon's (spelling?) I've seen him - I don't want to discuss his briefs.

Thank you so much! Yes, that refreshes my memory. IIRC, it was a brief that TL filed before Caylee's body was discovered and attempting to persuade the SA to not seek the DP.

So, in re. LambChop's thought about it being around the same time the letters were written, that appears to be plausible. However, I have no idea if the brief referenced sexual abuse of KC. I've never read that brief and I'm not sure if it has ever been released. Briefs aren't filed with the court - they serve as arguments supporting the author's request and cite case law supporting those arguments.

eta: I had a real "doh!" moment. Obviously, somebody released at least snippets of this brief otherwise the Sentinel couldn't have reported any specifics.

Actually we were exposed to the whole brief and nothing but the brief. Someone let the "Cat" out of the bag, so to speak. SA denies the release, defense was quiet. Not sure abuse was in there but it was headed that way as I believe a number of scenarios were offered. Have to find it. JMO

On Terry Lenamon's web page he makes it clear that he cannot discuss KC- but interestingly if you scroll down to the section titled :-
In depth look- Filicide is different -
Who wants to bet that he would use that list to fit KC neatly into some psychiatric condition in mitigation (or to absolve her completely).
He must not believe in evil.
http://www.deathpenaltyblog.com/tags/casey-anthony-case/

On Terry Lenamon's web page he makes it clear that he cannot discuss KC- but interestingly if you scroll down to the section titled :-
In depth look- Filicide is different -
Who wants to bet that he would use that list to fit KC neatly into some psychiatric condition in mitigation (or to absolve her completely).
He must not believe in evil.
http://www.deathpenaltyblog.com/tags/casey-anthony-case/

That was an interesting article.

I'd like AZlawyer to chime in here.

I'm no lawyer and my opinion comes cheap ;), but fwiw -

the SA request was made initially in re. the letters and ensuing investigation. One thing leads to another exposing more people to interview. The state needed to make the request so that none of the potential witnesses would be influenced or intimidated by an outsider. (eg., if Baez knew of these letters or this investigation ....well, i would think he would have made a beeline to KC's cell to find out what the heck?! and that could lead him down a whole 'nother path) So, no, I don't think the defense knew in advance about the investigation. I fall into the category of those who believe the letters were a surprise to the defense.

AZ, what say you?

eta: I know Benhaida and Holloway were exposed during this investigation somehow...and then River's claims of an affair with GA hits the media. Honestly, it is all so tangled, I don't quite understand where the two intersect.

bbm
That makes a lot of sense to me ... and I just heard on the Today Show that Robyn never told authorities about the letters, that they in fact came to her after she had already been sentenced to ten years.
How exactly this all fits in with Holloway (River Cruz) and her sister Benhaida (Skye Cruz) who was in the same jail at the same time as KC and Robyn is not clear but it does seem too coincidental .... hmmmm :waitasec:

Profiler: Letters Paint Casey Anthony as a Psychopath

bbm
That makes a lot of sense to me ... and I just heard on the Today Show that Robyn never told authorities about the letters, that they in fact came to her after she had already been sentenced to ten years.
How exactly this all fits in with Holloway (River Cruz) and her sister Benhaida (Skye Cruz) who was in the same jail at the same time as KC and Robyn is not clear but it does seem too coincidental .... hmmmm :waitasec:

Profiler: Letters Paint Casey Anthony as a Psychopath

Maya in for murder spilled the beans. I'm thinking she was looking for a deal. RA thought she might be able to sell the letters one day. RA cooperated because she feared she was in trouble and asked for an attorney. SB was in charge of a cart with books (I think) and was able to pass notes through the book cart. RC obviously felt sorry for KC and the family until the remains were found and her contact with GA faded. Both RA and KC are in protective custody and jailers obviously through SB was of little threat to KC as SB was permitted to do work within that section of the jailhouse. Don't forget this is a jail not a prison so I would think it was smaller so you would be more likely to meet other's from your own community. JMO

Maya in for murder spilled the beans. I'm thinking she was looking for a deal. RA thought she might be able to sell the letters one day. RA cooperated because she feared she was in trouble and asked for an attorney. SB was in charge of a cart with books (I think) and was able to pass notes through the book cart. RC obviously felt sorry for KC and the family until the remains were found and her contact with GA faded. Both RA and KC are in protective custody and jailers obviously through SB was of little threat to KC as SB was permitted to do work within that section of the jailhouse. Don't forget this is a jail not a prison so I would think it was smaller so you would be more likely to meet other's from your own community. JMO

Interesting, I didn't know SB had contact with KC ... now I'm wondering if SB was reading these letters and if LE questioned her also regarding them ...

The wesh file is broken for me. Anyone else having that problem? I've tried every posible way to no avail.

But the letter pages I have are beginning 13585 and end at 13726
File one is P13 585 - P13 634
file two is P13 627 - P13 726

...So theres a bit of an overlap with the two.
Theres must be more files somewhere that I'm Missing, or not all 258 were released.
They were definately all in numerical order when I transcribed them (although it appears that there are missing pages in my transciption because I left out envelopes and Robyns notes.)

I'm not sure if I would love or hate reading any more of Kc's drivel.

I used the WFTV link when I downloaded the PDF ... it is 516 pages and ends with Discovery Page 13842 with a letter on Jan 25th '09 (which I posted) but the letter seems to cut off at the end ...

I tried uploading it to Docstoc, but I think the file is too big (27MB) and it's not working
WFTV's link is now a 482 page PDF (just to make things even more confusing)

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/23069597/detail.html

I'm not sure if we have more reading and transcribing to do because it looked like the letters started repeating after p. 259 in this doc
I will be going through the remainder of this doc to see if there was anything we missed
It's confusing when different news stations make up their PDFs so I try to stick to discovery page numbers
Hope this helps!
If there ARE more to transcribe, let's coordinate, PM each other so we're not transcribing the same ones
Den

The SA's motion for an Incamera ex parte hearing and subsequent sealed motion showing good cause were filed because LE was in the middle of an investigation of potential other crimes (pick one! not about to speculate, but many possibilities at the beginning, imo). Producing the discovery would jeopardize the integrity of the investigation and they didn't want any interference. (*cough*Defense*cough*)

The timeline went something like this (highlights only):

12/10/09: YM receives a voicemail from Maya tipping him off
12/11/09: OSCO meets with Maya and takes statement, implicating and leading them to RA
12/12/09 - 1/06/10: OSCO continues to investigate visiting a mirror image of the cell block to see if Maya's claims are even feasible; a Corporal @ the Orange County jail confirms they were all in the same cell block.
1/27/10: Melich & Edwards meet with RA who makes an unsworn statement and directs them to her father who has THE letters in his custody. Melich went to his house and dad turned over the letters to him. (I believe this is when the discovery clock starts ticking)
2/3/10: SA files motion for Incamera ex parte hearing with JS
2/10/10: FDLE enters the picture, per SA request.
2/12/10: FDLE 1st interview w/ RA - sworn testimony. RA stops testifying, requesting counsel.
2/17-18/10: JS issues Order denying SA's motion for ex parte;
OSCO interviews w/ CB aka Sky & KH aka River - sworn testimony
2/19/10: OSCO interview with gate guard, Jody Lee
2/24/10: JS issues Order granting SA 30 days (in re. sealed motion showing 'good cause')
3/04/10: FDLE 2nd interview w/RA - sworn testimony.
3/09/10: FDLE interview with Sylvia Hernandez (jail guard)
3/12/10: OSCO submits summary of their investigation
3/15/10: FDLE submits summary of their investigation
3/17/10: Notice of completion of investigation filed with the court.

As far as the letters being referred to as "blow to the defense", I think that came from the media first. It could be seen that way, however I am sure Baez is thrilled about the allegations of sexual abuse.

I read this post yesterday. When I tried to sleep last night, I kept thinking why would Maya expose the letters to LE the day before Caylee's remains were found?

Interesting timing but I'm unable to figure out how it connects to the case overall. It seems like another :waitasec: moment in the timeline and more confusion caused by the characters involved. Can anybody imagine why Maya would report knowledge of the letters (RA claims Maya didn't know about) on that date (versus two weeks prior or two weeks after - any time but the day before)?

What would 'they/she' be trying to draw attention to or away from during this precise time? Is there some type of bazaar framework being laid here?

Also has any connection between RK, SH (guard), RA, Maya, and/or KH and CB been made/uncovered? I know that Robin and Maya knew each other by the phone calls Robin had with her dad; they were not strangers prior to incarceration. How did they know Silvia/Shannon and is she the one who RK was seeing prior to his finding Caylee? How do Krystal and Cecelia fit into the whole scheme as they join with some of the others in the same jail as KC?

The scenario keeps getting thicker with coincidences every day imo.

I read this post yesterday. When I tried to sleep last night, I kept thinking why would Maya expose the letters to LE the day before Caylee's remains were found?

Interesting timing but I'm unable to figure out how it connects to the case overall. It seems like another :waitasec: moment in the timeline and more confusion caused by the characters involved. Can anybody imagine why Maya would report knowledge of the letters (RA claims Maya didn't know about) on that date (versus two weeks prior or two weeks after - any time but the day before)?

What would 'they/she' be trying to draw attention to or away from during this precise time? Is there some type of bazaar framework being laid here?

Also has any connection between RK, SH (guard), RA, Maya, and/or KH and CB been made/uncovered? I know that Robin and Maya knew each other by the phone calls Robin had with her dad; they were not strangers prior to incarceration. How did they know Silvia/Shannon and is she the one who RK was seeing prior to his finding Caylee? How do Krystal and Cecelia fit into the whole scheme as they join with some of the others in the same jail as KC?

Caylee's remains were located in 2008. Not 2009.

BBM

When I just read your post in re. the day before Caylee's remains were located I was :eek: ! Then, :doh: I didn't catch it either, until I read Sun's post. Thank you, Sun!!!

That said, in re. the bolded part - I really think we should sleuth this angle more. I pretty much flew through the letters, in fact, I don't think I got totally through them. Then the gazillion phone calls were posted and I focused on those. Many were emotionally exhausting, others boring, the ones with kids totally heart-wrenching. In short, I had to take a break after about a 100, for my own well-being. But, I do want to understand the connections. I know that Robyn and Maya were very close. Robyn's mother even visited her in jail.

Got a few things to do tonight, but I want to start a new thread trying to figure out where all that goes. I'd like to put that timeline together, too. It will be a work in progress and need to be edited as we sleuth. I'll link some relevant docs where so we can have a starting point.

Sorry in advance if this has been brought up. I have not read all of this thread. Casey brings up a song in one of her letters by Shinedown called Second Chance. I have heard this song many times before she talked about it but I thought I would look up the lyrics. I think it is pretty interesting and telling that she relates to this song so much especially the part when they say "sometimes goodbye is a second chance" curious what everyone thinks.

My eyes are open wide, by the way
I made it through the day.
I watch the world outside, by the way
I'm leaving out today.
I just saw Hailey's Comet she waved
Said, "Why are you always running in place?
Even the man in the moon disappeared
Somewhere in the stratosphere"

Tell my mother, tell my father
I've done the best I can
To make them realize this is my life
I hope they understand.
I'm not angry, I'm just saying
Sometimes goodbye is a second chance

Please don't cry one tear for me
I'm not afraid of what I have to say
This is my one and only voice
So listen close, it's only for today
I just saw Hailey's Comet she waved
Said, "Why are you always running in place?
Even the man in the moon disappeared
Somewhere in the stratosphere"

I've done the best I can
I hope they understand

Here is my chance
This is my chance!

I've done the best I can
I hope they understand

It has been reported the RK's girlfriend at the time worked in HR at the jail but in a different building and not near the inmates. Since we now know that KC liked to "talk" during this timeframe did she send notes to others? Did she, herself, leak out information about Suburban Drive? It will be hard for defense to prove that RK received his information directly from a jailer when KC was writing letters while in jail. This information would not be priviledged. JMO

It has been reported the RK's girlfriend at the time worked in HR at the jail but in a different building and not near the inmates. Since we now know that KC liked to "talk" during this timeframe did she send notes to others? Did she, herself, leak out information about Suburban Drive? It will be hard for defense to prove that RK received his information directly from a jailer when KC was writing letters while in jail. This information would not be priviledged. JMO

That is interesting. Where did you hear that?

That is interesting. Where did you hear that?

It was posted on here. Not sure what thread and trying to search when you don't have the gf's name is hard. I read that it was confirmed that RK's gf was employed by the jail but works in HR. Maybe someone else remembers reading it or would know how to find it. If JB could have made that connection we would have heard by now, other than LP and his "daisy chain" theory. JMO

But, I do want to understand the connections. I know that Robyn and Maya were very close. Robyn's mother even visited her in jail.

snipped by me - are we discussing this in any of the threads, I havent come across it but given that cookie said in LE interviews she didnt know maya and maya didnt know KC.....and that turns out to be completely wrong, why did she lie I wonder.

snipped by me - are we discussing this in any of the threads, I havent come across it but given that cookie said in LE interviews she didnt know maya and maya didnt know KC.....and that turns out to be completely wrong, why did she lie I wonder.

RA definitely knew Maya:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101003"]Phone Calls - Robyn Adams Disc 2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Post #2 credit Beach2yall:

Robyn Adams, Disc 2, Call #1

w/ Dad

R: Did you reschedule Maya's visit?

Father says Maya is in L dorm. Robyn denies this. Robyn in L19...Dad recants and now says Maya is in F dorm.

Talking about upcoming visit with dad.

Robyn talking about the specifics of her prayer to release her of her fear.

Both talking about Clay (Robyn's husband) and his experiences while incarcerated. (mundane stuff)

Robyn: "tell Clay to keep praying and tell him about my Sky story."

Dad: "Okay, yes m'am."

Robyn: "That guy answered my prayers."

Chit-chat about someone named Kim.

LOTS of chit-chat about how badly she wants to come home and quoting scripture.

Robyn: "I got in trouble today."

Dad: "What'd ya do?"

Robyn: "One of the girls...the girl next to me asked me a question and I answered her through the vent. I got yelled at for standing on the toilet"

Dad: "Oh well"

Robyn: "Well, the judge will see that though...that I got in trouble and I don't want that to be held against me."

Dad: "How will the judge see that?"
Robyn: "What do you mean? He looks at everything."
Dad: "Yeah, but thats no big deal."
Robyn: "Are you kidding me?"
Dad: "What? Talking to somebody next to ya?" (next is unintelligible...something along the lines of 'flight')
Robyn: "I know but Dad, I'm scared about everything."
Dad: "Don't get paranoid. That is what satan wants you to do"

More scripture quoted. Mom gets on the phone quoting scripture now. A LOT OF SCRIPTURE

and KC references Maya so she at least knows "of" her through RA:

P 13641

-Wednesday-

Oh! I was going to ask you....what happened with Maya? What were the original charges and what the
heck brought on the new ones? Poor girl! She's so young! I'm praying for her.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100781"]Reference: Typed Letters List ONLY - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame] (post 15)

Caylee's remains were located in 2008. Not 2009.

Thanks for setting me straight. :blushing:

Still I'm curious about these people along with the hows and whys they injected themselves into this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megaera
Back