2010.04.13 - New search for Haleigh #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
possibly stupid question...but why would Misty have been transfered to putnam????

I am pretty sure the box was brought up at the same time the sheriff was at the presser..he then left IMMEDIATELY after to go to the search area.

Did you see the box on video? Was it big or looked heavy. Just thinking maybe thats why the trailer door was propped open?

mods scratch if the rules have changed on BNN but to paraphrase: SB has talked to the tipster and it is no random person out looking for clues... but someone in the loop and related back to one of the "folks" currently in Jail..... (fwiw)

http://www..net/124294

IMO....the best guesstimate for what is happening may be that....
the tip was not just credible, but given by a party in this case...... That LE is stating that that they have not found Haleigh because either there have been no remains actually recovered or there must be identification of any remains prior to official statements.

I think the fact that the family was called in speaks volumes, YET....I remain open to the fact that they were being apprised of this latest "tip" and search effort.

A break may have come in the case from Misty Croslin, who was with Haleigh and the youngster's brother the evening before the kindergartner disappeared. Her attorney said Croslin, who is jailed on drug-trafficking charges, may have provided helpful information that led to other leads.

"This latest search was based on information from someone else," said attorney Robert Fields. He said Croslin may have "shed some light" on who was responsible.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2010-04-13/story/authorities-conducting-haleigh-cummings-search

Perhaps she confided in one of her hair styling buddies at the jail.

okay here is the snippet from Misty's lawyer

link: http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2010-04-13/story/authorities-conducting-haleigh-cummings-search

snip~A break may have come in the case from Misty Croslin, who was with Haleigh and the youngster's brother the evening before the kindergartner disappeared. Her attorney said Croslin, who is jailed on drug-trafficking charges, may have provided helpful information that led to other leads.

"This latest search was based on information from someone else," said attorney Robert Fields. He said Croslin may have "shed some light" on who was responsible.

"Somebody else has possibly been implicated in this," he said. "You need to look
away from Misty."

Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy wouldn't elaborate on the search other than to say Haleigh hadn't been found. The search will continue "as long as it takes," he said.

He said he spoke with members of Haleigh's family today but those conversations were private.

He also said Misty had been brought back for an interview. ~ end

was the "box find" live? Just wondering

No, the reporters said they were going back to some footage taken earlier by a helicopter, but they did not say how much earlier it was.

was the "box find" live? Just wondering

I am sorry I may have mistyped that ...they stated they had found some evidence, and it showed live feed from above the water where two divers were holding what looked like a white box...this could very well have been the sonar equipmet. At the same time this was going on the sheriff was coming out for the press conference. Immediately after the conference he left for the search site. Sorry for the mistake..it was NOT reported that they had found a box :innocent:

To me, the Sheriff's statement that they have not found HaLeigh can also be loosely interpreted as ... theyhave not found key remains or identified them. I doubt they are going to announce who it is until officially identified but no-one asked if there were remains or signs of remains. Play on words? They are focused on something if they play to search through the night.

I don't know, each case is different I suppose, but when they found Caylee's remains they announced right away they'd found remains, even though they hadn't officially been identified as yet. Also I think we'd know if actual remains of Haleigh had been found....just because somebody, somehow would let it slip out....perhaps as a 'rumor' but it would come out somehow....things like that just always seem to.

I don't know, each case is different I suppose, but when they found Caylee's remains they announced right away they'd found remains, even though they hadn't officially been identified as yet. Also I think we'd know if actual remains of Haleigh had been found....just because somebody, somehow would let it slip out....perhaps as a 'rumor' but it would come out somehow....things like that just always seem to.

I think when they have said "yet" speaks volumes....

possibly stupid question...but why would Misty have been transfered to putnam????

According to an undersherrif....she's was brought in for questioning.

mods scratch if the rules have changed on BNN but to paraphrase: SB has talked to the tipster and it is no random person out looking for clues... but someone in the loop and related back to one of the "folks" currently in Jail..... (fwiw)

http://www..net/124294

Also referred to the tipster as a "he".

It does sound like, whomever LE got the tip from, that LE is serious about this search. I hate saying it like this...but when a body (child or otherwise) is dumped out into the elements...chances are that even if the tip is credible (meaning I think that LE did actually find something which leads them to believe they are searching in the right area for Haleigh) she may not be "exactly" where she was dumped/discarded. Sorry if I offended anyone. I feel very passionate about cases like this but it is not a happy ending story. :(

The way it sounds, Misty was the one that gave LE the info. The fact she is not showing up in any of the jails is also odd. She is still in custody per LE, but they will not say where. Why do they need to keep her in protective custody? Not that they said she was, but that is the way it looks to me. She is in hiding. Why? And from who? She was already in isolation while in jail. I wonder if she was out at the site with LE before they took her back for more questioning?

Robert Fields Misty's attorney said, A break may have come in the case from Misty

Her attorney said Croslin, who is jailed on drug-trafficking charges, may have provided helpful information that led to other leads.
http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2010-04-13/story/authorities-conducting-haleigh-cummings-search

Well Misty may have told where the body is and pointed her finger at the others. I wouldn't believe her. I'd have to wonder how she KNEW this if she wasn't involved.

Did you see the box on video? Was it big or looked heavy. Just thinking maybe thats why the trailer door was propped open?

It was white and rectangular. The view I saw from above the divers were on opposite ends and if reaching the arms from one side to the other(lengthwise) they could have held hands.

I looked at some sonar equipment, and it doesn't really fit a box description. It looks more like a large gun--and nearby a lap-top computer which will show the images.

I just found about this search !!

Forgive I am behind. I saw Sherrif Hardy on HLN and he looked visibly shaken to me like he was about to cry ....

Does anybody think this has something to do with Tommy's poly , that is what I am thinking ....

Any how back to read , I hope we will have some kind of closure soon for Haleigh ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
difficultgrownup