2010.04.13 - The mystery box pulled from the river

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ya, like another poster said, it kind of looks like handles. Maybe it sonar equipment and that is the handle. ???

Here's a blown-up pic, but the quality is horrible.

:waitasec: Someone also brought up that LE took a panel out of the bathroom. What if this is some type of water heater, Furnace, or Boiler? The A/C guy was there, and was cleared ASAP. We never heard a word from him. Maybe that gave someone the idea to use a small water heater, Furnace, or Boiler to put the body in? :sick:

Thank you for the blow up picture! Yes it could be handles. I have been googling sonar equipment pics because I tend to think it's some kind of equipment; haven't found anything that matches though.

Much earlier on the live coverage ( a couple of hours ago perhaps) it was said by the reporters that the search teams had sonar and photographic equipment that would allow the searchers to see through the many layers of silt.

The reason I remember that is because that was the discussion when this still photo was flashed on the screen. (the photo of the searchers holding a box like thing).

I have no clue what it is that they are holding but I just wanted to post that is what they said on TV.

Does anyone else see two gray pipelike things on top of that box? Parallel to each other on the far and near side?

We have a gray Rubbermaid cooler with a white lid, handles on each side - looks exactly like that to me, maybe with two strips of duct tape across the top?

:waitasec: Someone also brought up that LE took a panel out of the bathroom. What if this is some type of water heater, Furnace, or Boiler? The A/C guy was there, and was cleared ASAP. We never heard a word from him. Maybe that gave someone the idea to use a small water heater, Furnace, or Boiler to put the body in? :sick:

wouldn't it take a lot of work to get someone in something like that?

Probably gear. Sonar, xray, scanner type thing. IMO

They were showing it on NG Live. It looked like a cooler to me too.
I dont think Haleigh is inside, I think maybe evidence but not Haleigh, not that close to the bank, and if something is in that cooler it couldn't have been there for 15 months, because the tide would have carried it away or tossed it around, IMO.

According to one of the wildlife guys, that box is something the divers are using to put things in, that they find on the bottom of the lake. Not necessarily evidence...just stuff found on the bottom of the lake. It's in one of the videos I watched tonight, but I have no idea which one.

Here is a pic of the "box" or what it may be being pulled from the river during todays search:

23140081_640X480.jpg

http://www.news4jax.com/image/23140081/detail.html

NG reports a blue ice cooler:waitasec:

Don't know how true that is but does anyone remember the picture of the screened porch at the mh on 202 Green Ln? Remember those blue containers in the picture? There seemed to be quite a few of them. I wonder if this is the type of container that they found today? What if there was clothes being stored in the containers and to put Haleigh in one, they would've had to remove the clothes inside of it (and maybe stuffed those clothes in the dryer).

just thinking

:sick::blushing:Nancy Grace has declared it a blue cooler! She said it.....it must be true!

My impression is it's some type of rigging for divers to recover the box from the bottom of the St. Johns muck. Like a handle to lift it from the bottom. I also could be wrong and have no idea for certain.

NG reports a blue ice cooler:waitasec:

Don't know how true that is but does anyone remember the picture of the screened porch at the mh on 202 Green Ln? Remember those blue containers in the picture? There seemed to be quite a few of them. I wonder if this is the type of container that they found today? What if there was clothes being stored in the containers and to put Haleigh in one, they would've had to remove the clothes inside of it (and maybe stuffed those clothes in the dryer).

just thinking
exactly what I was thinking-maybe a make-do laundry hamper.

Oh my... is that why the dirty clothes were in the dryer? Rhetorical ? I know.

Does anyone else see two gray pipelike things on top of that box? Parallel to each other on the far and near side?

From what I heard on NG tonight - this is sonar equipment looking for something on the bottom of the river/lake. Not something being pulled out.

IMO

Mel

:sick::blushing:Nancy Grace has declared it a blue cooler! She said it.....it must be true!

She did (must have turned my head for a second). I remember her saying they are using sonar equipment to try to locate HC. I guess there's a transcript out there somewhere.

MOO

Mel

Did you happen to read my post about a laundry bag? I had the same idea as you and Suspicious, except I think they might've used a nylon mesh laundry bag. The problem with plastic containers or ice chests is that they float unless you put holes in them. A nylon laundry bag would keep the body contained, and if something heavy like a cinder block was added, the body would not float.

I see what appears to be a blue cooler with a rope tied to it sitting near the end of the left pier, but I can't make out what the heck they're holding in the water. I worked for a diving company years ago, and the divers used all sorts of plastic containers for different purposes. Maybe I can find some pics.

She did (must have turned my head for a second). I remember her saying they are using sonar equipment to try to locate HC. I guess there's a transcript out there somewhere.

MOO

Mel
We have learned in the last few moments a blue ice cooler, a large blue ice cooler, has been pulled up out of the St. John`s River. Is there a break in the search for the 5-year-old missing girl Haleigh Cummings?"

Gonna look up the laundry containers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back