2010.04.13 - The mystery box pulled from the river

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Dive Teams Search River For Haleigh Clues, box had nothing of significance
Posted: 6:56 am EDT April 14, 2010
Video Report:http://www.wftv.com/news/23145520/detail.html
"Snip"

A source told Eyewitness News that a suspect in custody gave them a tip that physical evidence may be in the water.

WFTV learned that a large box was pulled out of river late Tuesday afternoon. However, when reporters asked about the box and its contents, investigators said they found nothing of significance.

"You didn't find anything at all?" a reporter asked.

"No," an investigator replied.

Anyone know around what time the box was found? I ask because of reports of an anthropologist showing up around 5pm & leaving around 7:30pm.
About 5 p.m., a truck from the university drove through the checkpoint. The vehicle was from the C.A. Pound Human Identification Laboratory, which the school says provides "forensic anthropology services for medical examiners and coroners."

The lab has been involved in several high-profile cases.

The truck left about 7:30 p.m. and officials did not say whether human bones had been found.

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2010/04/14/news/news01.txt

I need to get off my butt & take a shower now just in case we hear anything new today. :)

Just my own theory, but when evidence is found in the water, it is best to leave it in water until it can be examined in a lab (remember the movie Titanic - how they kept items in the water?). If anything was found on the bottom by divers, be it a piece of clothing, bone, or body part, they would want to put it into a container filled with same water for transport.

I think its something that they brought with them. Look at the two guys on the left dock. They are not even looking at the "box". Now if this was something that was found on the river bottom, and could be a container holding remains, every eye there would be on it, checking it out. Since there does not seem to be 100% interest in it, it is probably non-consequential.

ot--but I fish about 60 miles from there and that story flipped me out...but had that fisherman not found the cooler--Capano would be a free man. We need a miracle like that for Haleigh and its coming I hope for her family's peace of mind. The not knowing would kill me. JMO

I live fairly close to there and it flipped me out too. On a happy note Capano is still sitting in jail, wondering: was it all worth it?

There was no box......... What we all seen on TV was what they was using, not something they found

what about the reports on the NG show last night that divers removed a blue cooler from the water near the dock? I have been on other threads and did not even know the "box" debate was ocurring. I simply assumed that report was properly verified and not just her spouting conjecture as fact again. So the reports of LE/divers and the large blue beverage cooler were not true?

To many different stories and nobody reporting the same thing. Earlier I seen on one of many news sites that the box was something LE was using. I just don't know anymore. Why can't they just report one thing and the same thing. It's driving me up all wall

WFTV learned that a large box was pulled out of river late Tuesday afternoon. However, when reporters asked about the box and its contents, investigators said they found nothing of significance.

"You didn't find anything at all?" a reporter asked. "No," an investigator replied.
http://www.wftv.com/news/23145520/detail.html

As divers worked, other searchers covered the shore with dogs specially trained to find dead bodies and police boats equipped with sonar followed search patterns across the river.

Several containers of items recovered by divers were loaded onto boats and taken to shore.

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2010/04/14/news/news01.txt

I live fairly close to there and it flipped me out too. On a happy note Capano is still sitting in jail, wondering: was it all worth it?

I remember that case so well as I hold dual citizenship in NJ and PA :) and we go out of of LBI. Capano was such an accomplished "spinner" given his experience in both law and politics that it seemed that case would never get a resolution. So, hadn't thought about it for a long time; but Anne Marie's case does go to show you (and me and everyone) that what is presumed hidden isn't always the case. And I, as we all do, hope the tide turns for Haleigh....

Maybe, maybe not.......news media reporting a box was found, but nothing was in it. Just more confusion.

Oh, Teh...you hit the nail on the head...reporting--does anyone really do that anymore? :banghead:

I saw a question on the search thread about the box-y object being pulled from the river yesterday, just thought I would post Art Harris explanation of what the box could have been.

http://www.artharris.com/

snip~After so long underwater, any remains would be skeletel from so long submerged and likely scavenging by animals and alligators, forensic experts tell The Bald Truth. We’ve learned divers are focused on digging up river mud and silt and hauling it out in the blue and white cooler shown in photos and video, for further sifting. Nothing has been found so far.

The goal, sources tell me, is to find the proverbial needle in the haystack—a piece of bone, a skull, anything that would make it possible to make a positive ID of little Haleigh Cummings.

At birth, a DNA sample was taken of the child as a routine precaution, sources tell me, just for such a horrific event ––to allow confirmation, or closure, of a parents’ worst nightmare, a missing or murdered child.~ end

FWIW

I heard that the box is used to contain what they find on the bottom of the river. As they lift it, the water can drain away, then it is loaded on a truck. I forget where I heard this though!

If it is a container that was found, could it possibly be a pet carrier type?

I heard that the box is used to contain what they find on the bottom of the river. As they lift it, the water can drain away, then it is loaded on a truck. I forget where I heard this though!

I was just coming on here to post the same thing, ie., that the box is used to contain what they find on the bottom of the river. You beat me to it.

aw, I lost my post

It looks like a silver sterlizer that they use in a hospital.

Did anyone see the search time arrive? they may have brought it with them

Wasnt the cousin from Tn a sexual preditor?

The van that belonged to a friend down the road a piece wasnt it scratched or something? maybe from backing down the ramp?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back