2010.04.14 New search for Haleigh #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think that if nothing is found in this search, the actual tipster is going to find themselves even more against the wall than they are now. I would hope that LE has had enough of all this. Problem being however that everyone involved down there has told so many lies that they wouldn't know what the truth was if it was standing stark nekkid in front of them.

I can't think that LE is going to like wasting manpower, time and money over nothing.

Would LE really jump the gun and bring the family in to hear bad news if there was any doubt about the tip? Would they REALLY believe anything coming from this cast of characters without proof?? I don't know what to think....maybe this is just a last ditch effort to find Haleigh before declaring it a cold case....maybe that's what the family was told?

I know. It's what the world is coming to. God help us!

I was thinking the same thing last night!! I hate the change! And J and K...live near here and I can't stand them either! Well, at least the kids live near here. Those two are never around.

wow, sorry, AH but that sounds like a load of crap to me...

Very wise statement cluciano63. To me Art Harris is not the best source of news, regardless of the title behind his name as Investigative Journalist.
He has no substancial base for his reporting. He is not a member of the working press with ties to a legitimate, established news service within the old Fifth Estate.
IMO, he just reports whatever someone spills to him. He does not verify what he's heard with any other source. Each time one of these players in this case tells him something, I am sure he does not take steps to ask them who else have they repeated their story to or where they got their information. I fail to find corroboration on any of his printed statement.
Some may call this "reporting" I see it as spreading rumors. For all sense and purpose any of us can call ourselves Art Harris and just repeat statements hear on the grapevine.
jmo

I would think that if nothing is found in this search, the actual tipster is going to find themselves even more against the wall than they are now. I would hope that LE has had enough of all this. Problem being however that everyone involved down there has told so many lies that they wouldn't know what the truth was if it was standing stark nekkid in front of them.

I can't think that LE is going to like wasting manpower, time and money over nothing.

I agree with your first paragraph.
IMO (BBM) I really don't think this would happen on it's own.
LE has a budget and a committee to govern how and what they can do.
This time I really feel it is a good tip, but after a year, that river bottom
has moved, shifted and covered over.
Around docks it is worse IMO.
Our dock (on a lake though) collects everything and the vegetation gets bad.

I truly believe there is something to this and arrest will be made....

We have different opinions.... but with the phone calls released and redacted info...LE telling the C's they are going to hound them until the truth comes out....Lindsy's recent behavior. Hank begging his kids to tell the truth and I really do not think LE would bring the immediately and extended family in for a conversation.

Something happened that confirmed something and a charge and an arrest WON'T be made until they feel they have a solid case with or without a body.

JMO

didn't someone say yesterday (someone in LE) that there was some physical evidence that led to this search? i know the words physical evidence were tossed about...

I don't want to throw the towel in just yet.... BUT is it just me, or does anyone else feel like these supposed "Big Breaks", always come on the heels of a PI claim??:waitasec:

First we had the whole debacle on here with the "family friend/relative" riling everyone up, who ended up working for D. Casey. Then Cobra and his own walk-in-the-woods-Blair-Witch Project. Of course, I shoulda had plenty LP Blanchard Park moments to have learned from by now:rolleyes:.

With all the activity yesterday, I felt so sure this was the big one:woohoo: but then came the uneasy feelings when I followed the links back to the BBN commenter that led to yet another PI :doh:

PCSO, FBI and whatever other agencies are involved are dropping a lot of money on this particular search. They must have felt what the PI shared with them was highly credible to have gotten approval to spend that kind of money. I don't think they'd be doing it on a 'hunch'.

I truly believe there is something to this and arrest will be made....

We have different opinions.... but with the phone calls released and redacted info...LE telling the C's they are going to hound them until the truth comes out....Lindsy's recent behavior. Hank begging his kids to tell the truth and I really do not think LE would bring the immediately and extended family in for a conversation.

Something happened that confirmed something and a charge and an arrest WON'T be made until they feel they have a solid case with or without a body.

JMO

I completely agree. It is also a high stakes game of poker where hands are being held, options are being considered, everyone is watching the players and -- LE are calling.

Does someone fold and seek a deal? If they do fold and provide more misleading info then that is only going to hurt them worse. Someone is going to go down hard and LE are making sure they have the most solid case to seek justice and end this charade.

If LE are talking about searching at least 2 or more days then this is serious IMO.

A thought popped into my head last night ( I know, shocking!) but I was thinking that not only did they get some kind of tip from someone, but moving Misty and then hearing that nobody talked to her was to not only see her reactions ( maybe she got to see what was going on, on tv) or to make someone freak out to verify that they are in the right direction and someone will want to save their own butts. Ok, my thoughts sounded much better then this post but I hope you get where I"m coming from. IMO

Would LE really jump the gun and bring the family in to hear bad news if there was any doubt about the tip? Would they REALLY believe anything coming from this cast of characters without proof??

This is the one thing that is keeping me hopeful - I think something was found or said and proven, or they would not have brought in the family to tell them anything.

IMO (BBM) I really don't think this would happen on it's own.
LE has a budget and a committee to govern how and what they can do.

I know...I just feel so sorry for LE when they have to deal with this particular type of people, shall we say.

I have very little gator or croc contact other than on Animal Planet. If there is a lot of action near that dock they wouldn't be inclined to hang about, would they? I'm trying to find some info online but must be looking in the wrong places.

cLICK oRLANDO, NEWS STATIONS TWITTER, REPORTING mISTY IS AT THE SCENE OF THE SEARCH IN HER PRISON BLUES!! I cant link twitter here, but I will try to find a news link brb

A thought popped into my head last night ( I know, shocking!) but I was thinking that not only did they get some kind of tip from someone, but moving Misty and then hearing that nobody talked to her was to not only see her reactions ( maybe she got to see what was going on, on tv) or to make someone freak out to verify that they are in the right direction and someone will want to save their own butts. Ok, my thoughts sounded much better then this post but I hope you get where I"m coming from. IMO

I agree entirely....what was LE's motive for having her brought all the way over there to leave her alone in that room? Give her a taste of the "outside" world for a wee moment? Anyone who has listened to her talk from jail knows just how much she loves it :crazy: and wants nothing more than to get the heck outta there. A small temptation? A great way to freak her out wondering what is being said about her in the very next room?

Like: Soooooo close, but yet soooooooo far, heh?

It's been said what was thought to be a cooler was actually just a search tool of some sort. I don't think it's been confirmed for sure either way.
What I read about the "cooler" it is to sift thru the muck and filter. Basically like sifting for gold but in this case bones. Thats my interpretation. Let me see if I can find a link.

cLICK oRLANDO, NEWS STATIONS TWITTER, REPORTING mISTY IS AT THE SCENE OF THE SEARCH IN HER PRISON BLUES!! I cant link twitter here, but I will try to find a news link brb

Seriously???????????? Can someone post a link?

PCSO News Release

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office has received many media inquiries concerning a rumor that has uncontrollably spread throughout our community. The rumor that a subject is either currently being detained by law enforcement, or is in law enforcement custody related to the Haleigh Cummings case has been reported to the media. Sheriff Hardy wants the citizens of Putnam County and the media to know that this rumor is false. There is currently no one in law enforcement custody as the result of the investigation into Haleigh Cummings’ disappearance.

More at link:
http://pcso.us/2010-4-14-a

I'm sorry, but no way! but part of me hopes its true!

What???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member