2010.04.21 - PCSO asks Bloggers and TV Personalities to back off....

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
NEWSFLASH:

For goodness sake, the NG show, and JVM show are not the news press - they are opinion/analysis/entertainment shows.

I could go on with a longer list of shows that are classified the same way. But I won't. Because that would feel like I was arguing with my in-laws, which so is not fun.

sidebar: Granny Hollar unleashed a swing at Ron last night on NG. It surprised me that NG opened that door and that it went unchallenged. Now, I see it might have just been a set-up.

(IMO - There's been something going on at the NG show (cough, cough, duckett case, cough, cough) where NG is walking on eggshells with regard to victim families.)

So, I think we'll see some corrective action tonight as to Granny Hollar's. Granny Sykes will get all the air time. Granny Flo might not even be there live. IMO.

Even the NG promos can be misleading ... And...that's Entertainment!

I might be wrong but I bet GMS is going for one reason only, damage control for Ron.

Lord, let there be an end to this madness. Soon.
Bring us Haleigh, and the TRUTH.

Well, although I hate to, I am going to watch (body language) & listen to what g'ma Sykes has to say. May need a bucket to get through the show though.

I watched both NG and JVM and it was pretty funny to watch the "amazing panel". They were having a hard time keeping a straight face. Except of course AH and he was all enthralled. I am sure it is because she keeps repeating his stories. That is probably where he gets them.

I expected NG to break out with the jack hammer and break her right there on t.v. That may be coming tonight. jmo

We are about to find out what these "hosts" and networks are all about. If they proceed after Sheriff Hardy's request, well...it isn't about Haleigh is it ?

But I have to wonder why AS would go on as well :waitasec: I would think her beef would be more with Shoey and AH than GFLO. :twocents:

lol Doc. you are not wrong. IMO. except, you owe me a coke.
coke.jpg

I watched both NG and JVM and it was pretty funny to watch the "amazing panel". They were having a hard time keeping a straight face. Except of course AH and he was all enthralled. I am sure it is because she keeps repeating his stories. That is probably where he gets them.

I expected NG to break out with the jack hammer and break her right there on t.v. That may be coming tonight. jmo

You might be right. NG might try to end Grannys talk show circuit run. She might get surprised.

I am officially on crimetainment strike.

I think the part I bolded at the beginning of this thread about "media personalities" says it all. I dont consider them journalists by any means. They ARE good at what they do though.

After all, when I still paid for cable television (before moving and not subscribing again), I happened upon NG one day....sigh....it was at the beginning of the Anthony case when the protestors were outside their home(ICK!!). I watched it faithfully....until about the time the Cummings case began. If not for NG, I wouldnt likely know about either of these cases, or have been so intrigued!! I hate to admit that, but it is sadly the truth!

We now live in a technology based information society, that is out of control, and the average individual has simply not caught up yet. In not caught up, I mean not able to pick apart the info they are being bombarded with. It is very scarey really when you think of our younger generations and what they are exposed to. It has always been this way of course(media dictating beliefs and facts to society), but no doubt with the technological advances this has increased at an phenomenal rate. As a society we need to get a grasp on this in my opinion!!

i think that ng is making a big mistake if she has both the gmas on .. and the sherrif asked the media to stop this .. oh boy

No one talks about her ronald and gets away with it. The war of the Grannies has begun. I hear the bell ringing for round #1. We know which shoulder the angels are going to be sitting on, don't we?

His lawyer has been out there swinging. Since he doesn't want to insert his foot into his mouth again, he has enlisted Granny. I'm glad it wasn't tn. They read here to get all the latest info and have been doing damage control since day 1.

I hope the hosts have read up on the case and ask the correct questions to help solve the case. Sure they will. When pigs fly. I want the other producer back...Netisha? Marlano s. has not been on track since the beginning. What is a producer anyway?

I am officially on crimetainment strike.

I feel like the guy who says he only reads playboy for the articles saying this ;) but I watch for the interviews of the players because literally it is our only access. I wish I was stronger. :)

Levi asked that question last night on JVM about Ron calling and warning Misty about Donna being a snitch. I bet that is brought up too.

I feel like the guy who says he only reads playboy for the articles saying this ;) but I watch for the interviews of the players because literally it is our only access. I wish I was stronger. :)

lmao. I may be one of those few rare females that actually enjoys reading the articles in playboy, so I have no trouble believing such animals exist.

Cue the "Rocky" theme for the mother - errr...grandmother - of all cat fights :D

I might be wrong but I bet GMS is going for one reason only, damage control for Ron.

All due respect Doc, but in all fairness, GMS has to. This is where the "no good can come of it..." part comes into play in terms of the family members of the players in this case going on national television to declare or proclaim another's guilt (in this case, Ronald's) without having sufficient evidence to back their claims up. IMO its one thing for Gma Hollar to ride the media circuit to broadcast to the world conversations that took place between herself and her own grandchildren - words spoken directly to her - but its quite another thing to make speculations about somebody elses involvement when that person's name (in this case, Ronald's) wasn't part of those conversations. God knows I'm the last person to defend the Cumming's family actions but I am naturally ruled by fairness (that's the Libra in me...) and in this particular instance, Gma Hollar opened the door - Just sayin... JMHO ~

ETA: I'd just like to add, for those who take issue with comments and speculation being made in this forum (WS's) about Ronald's/Cumming's family possible knowledge and/or involvement in HaLeigh's disappearance - Contrary to what some might believe, this is not a media outlet, it's a discussion forum and it's a discussion forum that specifically "sleuths" real crimes.

<<IMO, the last real investigative journalist was Greta and since she has for the most,>>

I lost all respect for Greta when she said after interviewing Joran Vandersloot "I tend to believe him". lol ... so much for investigative journalism.

NEWSFLASH:

For goodness sake, the NG show, and JVM show are not the news press - they are opinion/analysis/entertainment shows.

I could go on with a longer list of shows that are classified the same way. But I won't. Because that would feel like I was arguing with my in-laws, which so is not fun.

sidebar: Granny Hollar unleashed a swing at Ron last night on NG. It surprised me that NG opened that door and that it went unchallenged. Now, I see it might have just been a set-up.

(IMO - There's been something going on at the NG show (cough, cough, duckett case, cough, cough) where NG is walking on eggshells with regard to victim families.)

So, I think we'll see some corrective action tonight as to Granny Hollar's. Granny Sykes will get all the air time. Granny Flo might not even be there live. IMO.

Even the NG promos can be misleading ... And...that's Entertainment!

Emma, I agree with your sentiment--the problem I have is when NG says and now to Emmy-Award INVESTIGATIVE journalist, AH. Here at WS, we are fortunate to have a more informed perspective. The mass public watching, IMO, believes it is an investigative show. I was talking to a friend of mine and she parrots EVERYTHING she hears as if it were the Gospel. That's the problem, IMO.

All due respect Doc, but in all fairness, GMS has to. This is where the "no good can come of it..." part comes into play in terms of the family members of the players in this case going on national television to declare or proclaim another's guilt (in this case, Ronald's) without having sufficient evidence to back their claims up. IMO its one thing for Gma Hollar to ride the media circuit to broadcast to the world conversations that took place between herself and her own grandchildren - words spoken directly to her - but its quite another thing to make speculations about somebody elses involvement when that person's name (in this case, Ronald's) wasn't part of those conversations. God knows I'm the last person to defend the Cumming's family actions but I am naturally ruled by fairness (that's the Libra in me...) and in this particular instance, Gma Hollar opened the door - Just sayin... JMHO ~

ETA: I'd just like to add, for those who take issue with comments and speculation being made in this forum (WS's) about Ronald's/Cumming's family possible knowledge and/or involvement in HaLeigh's disappearance - Contrary to what some might believe, this is not a media outlet, it's a discussion forum and it's a discussion forum that specifically "sleuths" real crimes.

I thought Granny's speculation on Rons guilt was based on fact as we know it. Misty was strung out and Ron left her to babysit her kids. How can GMS counter that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back