2010.04.30 Defense responds to JS order stepping down

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Could they be pulling this stunt to add to the other stunts in order for KC to get an appeal for ineffective council? YKWIM?
It just seems to me they aren't trying to defend KC as they are unable to do a SODDI defense and all the while spending all the blood money and now tax payers money. They just seem to file crazy motions.

Umm, obstreperous......Baez is going to have to look that word up, or at least get one of his assistants to do so.

I don't care if Mason filed this or not....to me it still has Baez's fingerprints all over it.

I think you are right!

Umm, obstreperous......Baez is going to have to look that word up, or at least get one of his assistants to do so.

I don't care if Mason filed this or not....to me it still has Baez's fingerprints all over it.

Again, I've said this before I'm not a fan of JB but I have to respectively disagree. I think this is CM all the way.

Again, I've said this before I'm not a fan of JB but I have to respectively disagree. I think this is CM all the way.

I agree ,but why? He chose to get into this case ,clearly not for the $$$. Supercilious & arrogant a.!

I agree. This has Cheney Mason written all over it. In fact, he signed it.

I agree ,but why? He chose to get into this case ,clearly not for the $$$. Supercilious & arrogant a.!

he said it after last court appearance...he thought it would be "fun".......:banghead::furious::waitasec:

Maybe I am petty I dont know, but the worst thing? the defense has NO CLASS. nada. zip. zilch.

If any one of them had any class at all they would have been sure to tell the media* something like "JS is an excellent judge, we're sorry to have him off our case, did you read his excellent, amusing motion to step down?"

etc. I mean whether they thought that was so, or not. then they look like ADULTS. not like spiteful children trying to copy the teacher and getting it all wrong.

*rather than filing a crappy little petty little childish little motion, brief, bedcover, whatever.

I think it was purely his ego. He and the rest of the defense team got lambasted in a very big and refined way, not to mention in a very PUBLIC way.

It was completely unnecessary for him to file this "statement" and it was cowardly to do it 3 minutes before entering the courtroom, knowing full well Judge Perry wouldn't have the time to review it before entering the courtroom. It makes him look like a petty fool. In filing this he was trying to make JS look like an unfair and disrespectful fool. I'll steal from JS, Indeed the IRONY IS RICH!!!!!

No doubt Judge Perry has his number

Yep, I hear ya JSR and Beachy. Mason for sure, but I bet Baez was cheering and waving his pom poms while this was being filed.

Or maybe I just want to believe in the worst of people, since this case.

I'm sick to death of ALL of them.

Can you imagine what it will be like a year from now?

Honestly, they all make me sick, sick to my stomach - I see them come on the TV and my lip starts curling, that's how much my distaste for them grows. I sit back and watch old hearings and I want to punch a hole through the computer screen-----God knows what you are all feeling in Florida and the US.

No wonder you have no trust in Lawyers and the judicial system ----Seeing the way Baez has abused the system, I would be VERY angry.

What can you do?

You have to " Hold fast and Stand Firm" as the British say.

And one day, in the not to distant future, a little girl, whom the world never knew, will be able to rest in peace - not of the peace from her family but from the love of the commune who cared about her the most.

We never knew her but we would not forget her, nor let her go to the great dark, neither unknown nor forgotten.

I think it was purely his ego. He and the rest of the defense team got lambasted in a very big and refined way, not to mention in a very PUBLIC way.

It was completely unnecessary for him to file this "statement" and it was cowardly to do it 3 minutes before entering the courtroom, knowing full well Judge Perry wouldn't have the time to review it before entering the courtroom. It makes him look like a petty fool. In filing this he was trying to make JS look like an unfair and disrespectful fool. I'll steal from JS, Indeed the IRONY IS RICH!!!!!

No doubt Judge Perry has his number

Cm was only responding to the things that Judge Strickland put in his motion that were unnecessary. Judge Strickland had opportunity to just acknowledge the law and step down. He added what needed not be added. I think it is important that the record is set straight.

Why would Judge Perry care one way or the other? This is not his battle and certainly he can not allow it to have any bearing on the case. Judge Strickland admitted his wrong doing, he stepped down. End of story as far as he is concerned. For Judge Perry to allow this to effect his decision making is to say it is not over, Judge Strickland is still causing affect on the case. IMO

Cm was only responding to the things that Judge Strickland put in his motion that were unnecessary. Judge Strickland had opportunity to just acknowledge the law and step down. He added what needed not be added. I think it is important that the record is set straight.

Why would Judge Perry care one way or the other? This is not his battle and certainly he can not allow it to have any bearing on the case. Judge Strickland admitted his wrong doing, he stepped down. End of story as far as he is concerned. For Judge Perry to allow this to effect his decision making is to say it is not over, Judge Strickland is still causing affect on the case. IMO

Where did he admit that?

Snipped respect, NTS. ITA in the sense that Perry will not allow anything going on with JS to impede his ability with the defense. He is a pro...so I don't think that the defense need worry about any prejudice from the current Judge.

Please see RHornsby's comments re these remarks on this motion, on the hearing thread. If is against Bar protocol to respond to a judge decision on a motion in this manner. If Judge Perry does not comment, RH expects the Bar to do so.

Judge Strickland didn't admit to any wrong doing at all. As a matter of fact, there was no wrong doing, IMO. Just the defense trying to create the appearance of wrong doing.

I do agree with you, however, that Judge Perry probably doesn't care one way or the other. All the more reason to wonder why the defense would file this motion except for to get in the last word.

Childish behavior because their pride (if they have any left) is wounded.

Please see RHornsby's comments re these remarks on this motion, on the hearing thread. If is against Bar protocol to respond to a judge decision on a motion in this manner. If Judge Perry does not comment, RH expects the Bar to do so.

I hope the Bar does respond to it.
The motion is just another bit of drama from the defense.
It is time for the defense to actually do their job. Time for them to quit whining.

Well, that Motion sure proves that Judge Strickland really got under their skin with his Order. Ha!

What is the point of spending the first page of this "objection" stating that the court was wrong--that they actually tried to file it at 4:45 p.m. as opposed to the 4:48 pm" mentioned by the court? A big 3 minute difference? Clearly JS's point was that it was filed at the end of the day on Friday. This is such nitpicking nonsense.

I hope the Bar does respond to it.
The motion is just another bit of drama from the defense.
It is time for the defense to actually do their job. Time for them to quit whining.

ITA...they need to get back to the case...assuming they have been on it. Enough of the posturing, melodrama and whining. Enough. The defense claimed in open court they had actual proof that KC was innocent. JS set a deadline of 02/01/2010 for them to present said information in court. Deadline came and went without the court receiving said "evidence" of innocence. Upon leaving the courtroom on that day (the day that JS scheduled the hearing for the motion to present the evidence, not February 1st) KB asked JB if he would be able to provide said evidence on the deadline. To which, JB, responded, "I hope so." JS was too accommodating to the defense, if that can be a flaw. I can assure the defense that Perry will not be bending over backwards to accommodate the defense nor their lame excuses. Deadlines will be set and met or the defense will be found in contempt. JMO.

I'm not certain where you are getting your information from but Jdge Strickland did no such thing as admitting to any wrong doing. And furthermore you may want to read the bar assoc. rules on exactly what JB et al did today in filing their silly little response. BTW it is considered inappropriate conduct.

Lastly it is not Judge S. who is causing effect on the case here. It is the defense with all of their silly melodramatics and constant whining. When they are the very first out of the court room to run straight to the media and go national with interviews! Indeed the irony is rich!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishbl
Back