2010.06.18 Questionnaire -Students, parents asked about Kyron again

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope LE realize they're asking this to be returned on "Father's Day" and not sure if everyone will return those forms if they're busy with scheduled family events.

Wonder if the local news reporters are there at the school today?

I am sure any Father would understand if someone has to return a form. A child's life is at stake, nothing is more important than that.

I hope LE realize they're asking this to be returned on "Father's Day" and not sure if everyone will return those forms if they're busy with scheduled family events.

Wonder if the local news reporters are there at the school today?

There is an option to email the answers to LE.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/authorities_will_collect_quest.html

I think this entire questionnaire approach was a way to find out from parents and their children if anyone saw SM and Kyron leave together, but also knowing that the flyer would be shared with the entire community, so non-Skyline citizens would also think about if they saw SM and Kyron after leaving the school, such as ** at Sauvie's Island or strange behavior while running errands, etc*** without literally asking the public for this specific information directly....

Please review this thread: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107206"]*~* Welcome Members and Guests to Kyron's Forum *~* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

What if someone actually saw something, but doesn't want to get involved in a criminal case? I would certainly hesitate if it might make me (or my child) testify at a murder trial. Of course I'd to it, but it would be terribly difficult.

Some people are genuinely fearful of LE. Don't like any involvement.

I still have hope that Kyron is alive and kept healthy. I think it's best to hold on to the hope that he is still alive, as foolish as that seems and however it could hurt me in the end.

I had this same hope with Caylee and have never regretted that I did. Kyron, just like Caylee, is/was worth it.

FYI, prosecutors don't make little kids testify at trials. They utilize other means to get their testimony without making them come in and face a jury (like an interview that is videotaped, conducted by a child expert).

And its kind of depressing that two weeks into the search that LE wants all this info, which i had hoped would have been obtained earlier, and I think it was, which makes me believe that they are grasping now.

I don't think the questionnaire is some egregious mistake that will be a defense lawyer's playground someday. LE has been more leak-free and tight-lipped than in any case like this in memory. They have stressed that while nobody has technically been "cleared," nobody is named a POI or suspect. They focused for ages on trying to find and rescue a potentially lost child. They haven't caused a feeding frenzy by innuendo. Now that they have declared the case a criminal investigation, they are re-interviewing witnesses and taking a second look. All the parental figures have to be looked at and and eliminated, especially the last one of them, admittedly, to see Kyron, at the school, the day he vanished. The questions focus on the school, Kyron, TM and any one or anything else suspicious anyone there observed. Regardless of any thoughts or other motives LE MIGHT have, which I don't know, this is the exact same stuff they'd have to ask to clear her, too. They have to do their job for Kyron.

If just ONE of these completed forms alibis Terri in terms of timeframe, the defense will have a field day. Beyond a shadow of a doubt is the criminal standard. And LE must turn over ALL it's evidence and describe it's methods. Defense will know which witness(es) to call to alibi Terri. Defense will poke holes in any such witness testimony - it's extremely unreliable. Yet, if it's non-incriminating - it casts that shadow of a doubt. All JMHO.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/authorities_will_collect_quest.html

I think this entire questionnaire approach was a way to find out from parents and their children if anyone saw SM and Kyron leave together, but also knowing that the flyer would be shared with the entire community, so non-Skyline citizens would also think about if they saw SM and Kyron after leaving the school, such as ** at Sauvie's Island or strange behavior while running errands, etc*** without literally asking the public for this specific information directly....

I agree this is why they made it public - to get Terri's picture out there - almost like a wanted poster, but not quite.

I agree this is why they made it public - to get Terri's picture out there - almost like a wanted poster, but not quite.

Almost......but not quite. Exactly.

I am hoping tip line calls/questionnaire responses will garner some off-school info that can either corroborate or dispute activities after 8:15, etc...basically, anyone who ran into SM at all that day is of help here.

Among the questions on the form being filled out by parents and neighbors are two concerning Moulton Horman. One asks people if they say Terri Horman at or near the school that day. Another asks if anyone saw her white Ford F250 pickup truck.

A picture of that pickup truck, along with two pictures of Terri Moulton Horman, are on new fliers which are being posted around the region. The people filling out the questionnaires will bring them to a deputy at Skyline School Sunday.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...cus-On-Stepmother/RmbSiibLPkWFfkVIiqD7rw.cspx

I am sure any Father would understand if someone has to return a form. A child's life is at stake, nothing is more important than that.

Absolutely agree with you! However, it just seemed as some of other LE moves so far in this case have been questionable...they might've planned better for the deadline date in order to get the most responses in a timely manner...that's all. ;)

There is an option to email the answers to LE.

Excellant point...missed that option!

Does anyone remember the press conference wherein LE asked media to please meet separately/privately/in a different room after the televised Q&A was over? Am I imagining that?

I am noting that all local media outlets are (for obvious reasons, due to the questionnaire) emphasizing and headlining TH as a focus point, and wondering if anyone actually thinks LE asked to media to assist in this effort. Have any sleuthers ever heard of this kind of tactic before (giving media a tip not to share but in order to assist in directing investigation-risking a leak), or familiar with LE behavior/protocol to let me know if they would or would not ever something like that? I kind of am getting a feeling they asked media to respectfully address this next step for some reason....

Does anyone remember the press conference wherein LE asked media to please meet separately/privately/in a different room after the televised Q&A was over? Am I imagining that?

I am noting that all local media outlets are (for obvious reasons, due to the questionnaire) emphasizing and headlining TH as a focus point, and wondering if anyone actually thinks LE asked to media to assist in this effort. Have any sleuthers ever heard of this kind of tactic before (giving media a tip not to share but in order to assist in directing investigation-risking a leak), or familiar with LE behavior/protocol to let me know if they would or would not ever something like that? I kind of am getting a feeling they asked media to respectfully address this next step for some reason....

You mean asking media to focus on her as a POI as a tactic to flush out someone else. Like maybe they think BIL might confess if he thinks they are going to put her away?

You mean asking media to focus on her as a POI as a tactic to flush out someone else. Like maybe they think BIL might confess if he thinks they are going to put her away?

No....not thinking that. Just wondering if LE ever seeks media cooperation in helping (in this situation, for truck sightings to either corroborate or refute activity for a specific person who is not a POI, but in the limelight now for reasons being she is the last person to be seen with Kyron).

My understanding os that BIL is in the clear and unrelated:
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_paternal_uncle_s.html

I don't think the poster/questions will come back to haunt them in a trial if they have other physical evidence by the time an arrest is made, if they make one. Of course the defense will try to make a field day out of one person, i.e. sending back their form saying the saw her leave alone, but it depends upon what other evidence is found by that time. Plus, I think they have already spoken to all of these people, closer to the time of the disappearance, so if someone suddenly writes back that they saw her alone, driving away, LE would have a ton of questions for that person-why are you telling us this now, etc...did you lie before?

I don't think the answers on these forms are really the point, I guess.

Maybe someone followed Terri to the school. Maybe they are trying to clear her by implicating KH. I have a weird feeling about him.

If this is off topic, can someone point me to the right thread? There was a discussion about the house that was searched across the street, I am from PDX and have some information on this, if it is what I think it is.

Oh, and prior to LE releasing this new questionaire, I thought it was the stepmom 100%

Now I am not so sure. I think that is just what they want us to believe.

Maybe someone followed Terri to the school. Maybe they are trying to clear her by implicating KH. I have a weird feeling about him.

If this is off topic, can someone point me to the right thread? There was a discussion about the house that was searched across the street, I am from PDX and have some information on this, if it is what I think it is.

Hi ClueMeIn. Unfortunately the discussion about the house being searched across the street from the Horman's home was shut down...Sorry.

Hi ClueMeIn. Unfortunately the discussion about the house being searched across the street from the Horman's home was shut down...Sorry.

Oh, ok thanks!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back