2010.06.21 ~ CNN says focus of investigation not on TH

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh. Either the media misunderstood LE or something changed LE's mind about TH...?

All the recent news articles have titles such as:
Investigators Focus on Kyron Horman's Stepmom
Kyron Horman's Stepmom Now "Main Focus" of Investigation
‎Missing Boy's Stepmother Probed

etc.

They all gave the impression that she was a focus. And that term could go either way, to clear her or to include her as a POI. I find it strange to say she's not a focus, because she clearly has been.

It could be possible they're not looking into her anymore, but her friends, family, coworkers, etc

Don't all of those articles reference the WW as their source of info? And the WW references 5 unidentified persons who are not involved in the investigation as their source?

I am not surprised to find out that the LE spokesperson has denied that SM is the focus.

did she post the pictures of the science fair from her phone?

weren't the pictures posted at 0846?

could they have pinged her in the island area around that time?

((((I am joining this one late... and man is it confusing!)))))

eta: interesting that there are no other kids in the room in her picture.

iirc, the sf pictures were posted at 1 something, and there are other children in other shots of his project, 1 with a little girl in the background and another of a friend with the friend's sf project. Since sm reportedly arrived at the school around 8:15, she could have been on Sauvie Island by 8:45. However, she supposedly told LE she was watching Kyron walking towards his classroom at 8:45. Her cellphone pings seem to contradict her.

When we have a DIRECT quote that has the word's "TH is not a suspect" from LE, then we have something. The LT. never specifically said TH.

IMO LE has no clue what is going on or who is responsible. they are basing most of there searches on step mom's cell phone pings, yet havent found him.

so what if there wrong? then they have spen 18 days chasing there own tails. and kyron might never be found if they are wrong.

I really want to believe that you are wrong in that thought; but, I have been having the same thoughts lately. Are we back at square one? Does LE actually know anything other than what we know?

If we are back at square one w/ no idea where Kyron is or what happened then it is way beyond time for LE to start talking!! Use the media and the public to HELP rather than talking down to all of us as if we are too stupid to connect 2 thoughts! I mean really, the public and media could really help if we had any idea what we needed to look for! What if he has been kidnapped? They have wasted 3 weeks not telling the public anything and giving a kidnapper plenty of time to get further away or dispose of a body.

I get the feeling that people won't really be looking for Kyron because they "read between the lines" of the pressers that Kyron is dead and TH did it. No reason to look right? What if that is wrong? What if there is a chance Kyron is still alive?:banghead:

I'm so frustrated! I have followed this case from the beginning. I have never had the intense feelings that I have developed in this case. Kyron is such a cutie. We have to find him and bring him home safely! Not to mention, we are required by law to send our kids to school can we not at least have some measure of comfort that our kids are SAFE while at school?? Is that too much to ask for? :banghead:

Another possibility here, the step dad is a detective. Perhaps the family has insisted that LE either name Terri a POI or say they are not focusing on her. Just trying to brain storm here. Perhaps the purpose of the fliers were to clear TH rather than condemn her. Who knows??:banghead:

Either LE KNOWS SOMETHING or they know absolutely nothing or are basing their investigation upon their gut feelings which could be completely wrong! They don't have to tell us everything or even give specific details. Just give us enough to know if the other kids in the area are safe or not and if people should still be looking for Kyron. If they have nothing I wish they would just say "We have no idea".:banghead:

I think this is a pretty generic statement fwiw. I think that LE was fielding all of the rumors that TH was the sole focus....to me they are stating that they do not have a POI. As in one suspect. That doesnt mean they dont have ideas.

(and I am not sold on the theory it is her, so I am not trying to lead people back to her...just stating my opinion.)

iirc, the sf pictures were posted at 1 something, and there are other children in other shots of his project, 1 with a little girl in the background and another of a friend with the friend's sf project. Since sm reportedly arrived at the school around 8:15, she could have been on Sauvie Island by 8:45. However, she supposedly told LE she was watching Kyron walking towards his classroom at 8:45. Her cellphone pings seem to contradict her.

Here's the thing, SM may or may not be lying. What if she sets her watch fast? My husband does that all the time and confuses me.:waitasec:

I'm so frustrated! I have followed this case from the beginning. I have never had the intense feelings that I have developed in this case. Kyron is such a cutie. We have to find him and bring him home safely! Not to mention, we are required by law to send our kids to school can we not at least have some measure of comfort that our kids are SAFE while at school?? Is that too much to ask for? :banghead:

:

In fairness there is nothing to prove the kids arent safe at school and seriously..if when this is all resolved and IF and i say IF it is found that TH is reponsible then seriously i feel so bad for the way that school will have been dragged through the mud for no good reason :(

Here's the thing, SM may or may not be lying. What if she sets her watch fast? My husband does that all the time and confuses me.:waitasec:

And she sents the time on her mobile fast too? And in her car?

JMO

In fairness there is nothing to prove the kids arent safe at school and seriously..if when this is all resolved and IF and i say IF it is found that TH is reponsible then seriously i feel so bad for the way that school will have been dragged through the mud for no good reason :(

The only question I have about that is if T's report of the conversation between the teacher and chaperone is correct. Not necessarily exactly what they each said but the gist of it --- specifically that the person leading the group noted Kyron missing when she returned the group to class. I agree with what was posted on another thread, that I can't see the child making that up out of whole cloth.

IF that is true, and in my gut I feel that it is, then the school has a MAJOR liability on its hands, regardless of who is responsible for his disappearance. Not having a policy of calling in daily absences is one thing, not calling in a child who was present and then disappears is another.

And she sents the time on her mobile fast too? And in her car?

JMO

Could be. My husband sets all of ours 5 minutes ahead. Just throwing out thoughts.

No matter the outcome of this, TH has been libeled all over the Internet by many people. What if she is innocent? It will still follow her for the rest of her life. Then, there is the school. What if TH took Kyron from the school. What if Kyron never made it to school that day? Then the school (and the teacher) has been unfairly accused and drug through the mud. *sigh* There will be a lot of collateral damage in this case.

The only question I have about that is if T's report of the conversation between the teacher and chaperone is correct. Not necessarily exactly what they each said but the gist of it --- specifically that the person leading the group noted Kyron missing when she returned the group to class. I agree with what was posted on another thread, that I can't see the child making that up out of whole cloth.

IF that is true, and in my gut I feel that it is, then the school has a MAJOR liability on its hands, regardless of who is responsible for his disappearance. Not having a policy of calling in daily absences is one thing, not calling in a child who was present and then disappears is another.

I agree w/ you. What T said really has me wondering. Why would he make that up? If it is true then why in the world would the teacher mark him absent and carry on if she thought he was in the bathroom or getting a drink of water? Why not check? That right there makes me angry. IF T is right and Kyron was at school for at least an hour then everyone sat and stared at his empty desk all day long and no one questioned where he was??

Could be. My husband sets all of ours 5 minutes ahead. Just throwing out thoughts.

My daughter does that, by 10 minutes. Drives me up the wall.
---

No matter the outcome of this, TH has been libeled all over the Internet by many people. What if she is innocent? It will still follow her for the rest of her life. Then, there is the school. What if TH took Kyron from the school. What if Kyron never made it to school that day? Then the school (and the teacher) has been unfairly accused and drug through the mud. *sigh* There will be a lot of collateral damage in this case.

If TH wasn't involved, I see some big lawsuits on the horizon. If TP's account is anywhere near the truth, those teachers (and the school) are in hot water too.

Does T claim that Terri was with Kyron or not when he saw him?

I agree w/ you. What T said really has me wondering. Why would he make that up? If it is true then why in the world would the teacher mark him absent and carry on if she thought he was in the bathroom or getting a drink of water? Why not check? That right there makes me angry. IF T is right and Kyron was at school for at least an hour then everyone sat and stared at his empty desk all day long and no one questioned where he was??

Personally, I don't think T said directly that Kyron was at school an hour. I think the reporter took his account and the timeline for the tours and made that assumption. What T's account does tell me is that Kyron was present when the groups were formed, and was noted NOT to be present when they returned to class. As far as liability goes, until this came out I didn't think a lawsuit against the school would succeed, if only because they didn't have a system in place to call absences. But his account changed all that for me. I posted in one of the early threads (before we had this forum)

After hearing what this child had to say --- IF TRUE --- I have to revise my prior post regarding the school's liability. IMO, both teachers could be held liable, the standard being what a 'reasonable and prudent' person would do in such a situation and it can certainly be argued that no matter what the school's policy was for reporting absences, they obviously knew the child was at one point present in class and had since disappeared, and they clearly failed to take appropriate action. Assuming he went to the bathroom? Maybe. Not taking notice that he never returned? Huh uh. Of course the school district would be sued right along with the teachers as respondeat superior, even though it appears no one beyond these teachers knew of their actions. Deeper pockets, of course (however it's likely the teachers have their own professional liability insurance), but also to force the district to evaluate and revise its security training and policies.

----

I believe the courts are going to be years cleaning up this mess.

There is good that came out of this horrible situation-the school and the district are now mainstreaming their security measures. Thank GOD. JMO.

Why would he make that up? For his 15 minutes of fame? Wasn't it also said that they were told not to speak to the media, but they did it anyway? To me, this makes their claims have less intergrity in general.

I think the more likely scenario for why the teacher wasn't concerned about Kryon's absence is the "miscommunication" that he had an appointment that day.

Does T claim that Terri was with Kyron or not when he saw him?

IIRC, T does mention Terri, but I'll have to go back to the article and find the quotes. I believe he says he saw Terri leave, but that kyron was not with her.

I have a feeling that the questionaires coming in and whatever info they contained have something to do with LE providing the stronger statement that TH is NOT the focus.

Just days ago while LE stated that she was not a POI it was clear by their actions and words that she was being looked at, along with everyone else as a possible suspect.

IMO as of two days ago, she wasn't a POI, officially, but a lot of work was going into either clearing her or making her one. Suddenly, LE makes a stronger statement that she is NOT being focused on.

Either the statement is meant to convey that she is not their SOLE focus (ie. they are pursuing other leads as well) or that she is NO LONGER the focus.

It all depends on how you interpret the statement.

IMO LE has no clue what is going on or who is responsible. they are basing most of there searches on step mom's cell phone pings, yet havent found him.

so what if there wrong? then they have spen 18 days chasing there own tails. and kyron might never be found if they are wrong.

I really don't think this investigation has been narrow or focused on only one possibility. The investigation began at the school, as it should have, and has widened out from there. While I am positive they began with investigating SM's statements about what she did that day, which would include checking her cell phone pings, I very much doubt that LE has put all their eggs in one basket. And remember, FBI has been involved. Kyron's daddy is a member of LE. This investigation is probably going to turn out to be one of the best handled investigations we've ever seen! If, at this point, they still don't know what has happened to Kyron or where he is, it isn't for lack of trying.

also, from the same CNN article

The boy's stepmother, Terri Horman, said she last saw Kyron walking down the hallway towards his classroom at Skyline Elementary School, police said. Cell phone records indicate she may not have been at the school at that time, according to a report in People Magazine. Authorities refused to comment on the report.

What???

People magazine is an entertainment magazine. I wouldn't expect them to know more than any other media, and in fact, it sounds as though they read the WW and embellished a bit.

CNN nor the LT actually said the focus was not on TH........they used the good old generic statement from LE. "We are not focused on any one yada yada yada". Nothings changed.

The statement is the exact opposite of the WW report, which stated that "LE is focused on TH"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suns12035