2010.06.21 - Seattle Headlines Examiner interview

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I found this interesting
Question: Is Kyron’s uncle’s arrest for child molestation in Seattle, Wash., part of this investigation?

Lt. Lindstrand: Yes, I can say that it is part of the investigation.

I found this interesting
Question: Is Kyron’s uncle’s arrest for child molestation in Seattle, Wash., part of this investigation?

No kidding, "no comment, no comment, no comment, yes part of the investigation, no comment, please don't say hurtful things. "

This is truly like nothing I've seen.

Why would they so no comment on EVERYTHIng else regarding the investigation except for the part about the uncle? They admit the uncle is part of the investigation, but will not confirm if Terri is?
I will look into this tommorrow I'm off to bed, but it sounds like more word games as in yes uncle is a part because he is the uncle and we have looked at him, but not Terri??? I think word games.

How is this even an interview? Its almost like the no news, news conferences...

Alright night peeps, and God bless.

No comment and natural progression....

But, oh yes, the uncles arrest is part of the investigation. :waitasec:

Wasn't the crime the uncle was just sentenced for a while ago? Like a year ago? :waitasec: So, it's not like he was just arrested or arrested since Kyron went missing.....

I found this interesting

Me too! Very interesting...

So the uncle who is charged with molestation is involved with Kyrons investigation ... HOW?

I wonder if that statement about the uncle is just in reference to the last news release when the officer was talking to the reporters after the video stopped. I just watched it an of course can't find where I read it, but they asked about the uncle and he said they would be checking his whereabouts on June 4th, and that they had hundreds of leads to check out.

I even made a post about that comment on the thread at the time. I had hoped they had already checked out each and every one of the family members for that date, not two weeks later. But, if they checked, he would be part of the investigation I suppose.

So the uncle who is charged with molestation is involved with Kyrons investigation ... HOW?

because he is the uncle... its word games, you get use to it after following these things for awhile

One thing he said made sense:

Question: What would you say to online websleuthers and bloggers?

Lt. Lindstrand: I would tell them to please, not be hurtful. Hurtful comments do not help in any way.

Aside from that - this is the strangest case I've ever had the privilege of following. I think they are trying to flush someone out and I don't think it's s-mom. Problem is, I have no idea who it might be. Puzzles are da game huh?

One thing he said made sense:

Question: What would you say to online websleuthers and bloggers?

Lt. Lindstrand: I would tell them to please, not be hurtful. Hurtful comments do not help in any way.

Aside from that - this is the strangest case I've ever had the privilege of following. I think they are trying to flush someone out and I don't think it's s-mom. Problem is, I have no idea who it might be. Puzzles are da game huh?

Probably trying to flush out the person who helped her out, the accomplice {if there was one :angel:}

Question: Are online rumors that the focus of the investigation has turned on Kyron Horman’s stepmother true?

Lt. Lindstrand: I cannot comment because I cannot discuss the investigation.

What in the.... :banghead: :furious:

I have to think that they are no commenting on anything that could jeopardize their case. If they actually answer a question it is because it is insignificant to the case in their mind.

Question: Can you confirm that investigators have searched on Sauvie Island?

Lt. Lindstrand: I cannot comment.

What is up with that? Isn't it well enough established that they have done so?
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_search_enters_eig.html
Does she really think that if she says no comment people will think, oh okay, maybe the news was mistaken about the search happening at all or it had nothing to do with Kyron going missing.

What purpose does denying to comment on the obvious serve in LE strategy? It could just make people think that no comment really means yes and comment means it's irrelevant. Isn't it harmful for the investigation? Or is it the point?

In the original article there is a link to a previous interview where the Police spokeperson admitted to calling Seattle to find out the Uncle's whereabouts on June 4.

Additionally Iirc in a different article I read the Uncle had referred all enquiries from the media to his Seattle Based attorney who was on the record as saying her client was nowhere near Portland on June 4.

Question: Can you tell me why police have said there is no danger to the community when a child vanished two weeks ago?

Lt. Lindstrand: Unfortunately, I cannot comment.

Okay, this has been bugging everyone, but I'm wondering if this "unfortunately" matters.

She has just said, "I cannot comment" to about 5 questions in a row, and then throws the "unfortunately" in on this one.

Is it because it could damage the investigation, even though they aren't 100% sure?

Is it because she doesn't agree that the public isn't being warned about a stranger?

Or, conversely, is it because she really wishes to reassure the public but isn't allowed/can't for the good of the case?

Possibly, I am reading too much into everything and need to get back to my laundry. :crazy::crazy::crazy:

I found this interesting

Very interesting to me, too, freefallzzzz. VERY interesting.

What amazes me is that reporters KNOW they will not get a real answer other than "No comment" and "we cannot discuss the investigation" yet they still ask. This says more to me regarding the media's lack of intelligence than it does LE. LOL! Just sayin'.

Btw... the article says the uncle was just jailed June 16 on child molestation charges, and the spokesperson said that it is part of this investigation. That is a BIG red flag to me.

I think by her admitting he was a part of the investigation that means they've ruled him out as having anything to do with Kyron's disappearance. Otherwise she'd have said "no comment" if he was actually an integral part of their case.

No comment and natural progression....

But, oh yes, the uncles arrest is part of the investigation. :waitasec:

They would be remiss if they didnt include him in the investigation so I don't find her statement odd about him or particularly telling.

Although imo they will rule him out as not being a part of the investigation.

His MO does not fit with taking a 7 year old boy imo.

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee
Back