2010.06.30 - Ex husband on WW

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That week-long "preplanned" visit makes no sense - as others have pointed out, the school year wasn't over yet. Does anyone have any info on when high school in Roseburg let out for the summer? I assume there would have been at least another week or two of school before summer break. Who plans a "week-long' visit anywhere during the last week or two of school? Makes no sense.

I also noticed, as did others, that there was no mention of the Boy Scout camping trip that we were told about early on. Does anyone remember the source of that info? TIA!

http://www.calsplus.net/roseburghs/d01/06/2010?display=M&style=B&positioning=A

The words within the brackets were inserted by the reporter. For what reason, I have no idea. The only thing Tarver actually stated there was "I don't know".

Exactly. It could have been taken out of context. Can't hear the tone of his voice.

It sounds to me like this boy has been screwed around by a bunch of "dads" and that the original one is finally stepping up. It's good to see, because this kid needs someone now.

Could it be that TM's Mother just had her days mixed up? Maybe she knew he had a camping trip some time close to that date, but didn't have details. I'm not convinced she purposely came out lying in that first interview.

Could it be that TM's Mother just had her days mixed up? Maybe she knew he had a camping trip some time close to that date, but didn't have details. I'm not convinced she purposely came out lying in that first interview.

I don't think she's lying either. I think she's one of those people that's horrible with dates and events and not a reliable source for info.

Sure, she could have been confused. The point however is that on a Saturday afternoon (June 5th) she spoke to reporters and informed them at that time that her grandson was currently on a boy scout camping trip with his dad, and then says:

"It will be difficult to give him the news, Moulton said"

However, his dad says he was already at Terri's house that very day (June 5th)

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html

So, someone is lying.

I had looked earlier on in the case trying to find out which scouting troop he would have been in and iirc, on a calendar online, there was a day long camp/hike, or maybe it was Fri eve to Sat sometime. I can't remember for sure now. I have since forgotten which city he lived in with his g'parents and since I am out of town - I don't have all the link history to find it again.

I think he didn't live with her in June. He had for a while but by June he'd moved on to be with his biological father.

Sure, she could have been confused. The point however is that on a Saturday afternoon (June 5th) she spoke to reporters and informed them at that time that her grandson was currently on a boy scout camping trip with his dad, and then says:

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html

So, someone is lying.

Or way, way out of the loop.

From the things she's said in the media, my impression is of someone who wasn't all that close to TMH's day to day life. She was apparently mistaken on how and when TMH and KH met, how long they were married, etc.

Or it could be that LE was already asking the family not to talk about the details around when Kyron went missing and she just didn't know how to say "no comment."

Or way, way out of the loop.

From the things she's said in the media, my impression is of someone who wasn't all that close to TMH's day to day life. She was apparently mistaken on how and when TMH and KH met, how long they were married, etc.

Or it could be that LE was already asking the family not to talk about the details around when Kyron went missing and she just didn't know how to say "no comment."

She was wrong about the date of their marriage and she could have been wrong about the camping trip but I'm not convinced that she was wrong about how Terri came to be in Kyron's life. Just a personal opinion but her story about her being together with Kyron's father from when he was a baby sounded a bit more believable than the mother's friend moving in with her ex in purely platonic manner just to play a saving angel, especially after DY denied them being old friends from before Kyron was born. It would explain why the divorce while pregnant if he'd moved on. :cow: only.

So, someone is lying.
It doesn't indicate when the reporter talked with Carol Moulton though. It had to be at least a few hours before the deadline since the reporter needed to do the interview and then get the story written. It could have been Friday night.

Maybe he went with Desiree when they found out about Kyron's disappearance or family took him.I don't see anywhere that says he was there before Kyron went missing.

I think the affair thing is theory, not fact (as far as present situation). Some people have opined that it is the discovered cause of the divorce petition. Other have theorized an alleged affair fits into various scenarios for the disappearance of Kyron (such as willing third parties who would help, hold him captive, etc.)

It makes me sick that Kyron could be a pawn in some adult situation, or have fallen victim to something he should not have seen, I can not imagine a senario (in my own life) that would involve sacrificing one of my children to hide something or to advance some agenda of my own. :(

BBM

I agree. I imagine that it would be extremely difficult for a teen (or any child for that matter) to switch schools 3/4 of the way through the school year.

Also, IIRC, Tarver is his biological father.

Very hard! Seems extreme...

So, someone is lying.

Is there something in the article that indicates the interview was on June 5? Maybe the interview took place on June 4, the boy was still on the camping trip at that time, and then later that day or morning of June 5, the boy returned from the camping trip.

I'm just not seeing any conflict.

The reporter could have got it wrong but the way she phrases it it sounds like she got the notion that the camping trip is still going on at the time of publishing the article. Saturday, June 05, 2010, 11:21 PM

Terri also has a 16-year-old son from a former marriage who has lived with her mom and dad for the past few months in Roseburg. The teen's father also lives in the area and the two are on a Boy Scout camping trip this weekend.

That week-long "preplanned" visit makes no sense - as others have pointed out, the school year wasn't over yet. Does anyone have any info on when high school in Roseburg let out for the summer? I assume there would have been at least another week or two of school before summer break. Who plans a "week-long' visit anywhere during the last week or two of school? Makes no sense.

I also noticed, as did others, that there was no mention of the Boy Scout camping trip that we were told about early on. Does anyone remember the source of that info? TIA!

Here is something else I find strange about that visit. Even though the visit may have been planned, why would they follow through with it and have the son go up there to all of that chaos? What young man needs to be exposed to all of that? I find it highly unlikely that someone put this kid in a car on Saturday morning and drove the 4 hours from Roseburg to Portland just because he was previously scheduled to make a visit.

Here is something else I find strange about that visit. Even though the visit may have been planned, why would they follow through with it and have the son go up there to all of that chaos? What young man needs to be exposed to all of that? I find it highly unlikely that someone put this kid in a car on Saturday morning and drove the 4 hours from Roseburg to Portland just because he was previously scheduled to make a visit.

Not to mention that high school wasn't out until Thursday, June 10th. Unless finals were already over the week before, and there was nothing going on that last week.

And yeah - I agree with you - why follow through with the visit in the middle of all that trauma & chaos?

Well, at least they got him outta there sooner rather than later.

I can see a 16 year old older brother needing to be with his mother and very concerned about his little brother at a time like this - and family thinking that he would/could, at 16, be of comfort and basic assistance. Even if to just cook & do laundry, watch the baby, and housekeep, etc... That they had to get him out of there because it became too hectic an environment and his mother had to take LDTs ... is rather sad.

Am I missing something? Where was the SB (16yo step-brother) the day of and the day before Kyron went missing? Has it been confirmed that he was camping?

Is there something in the article that indicates the interview was on June 5? Maybe the interview took place on June 4, the boy was still on the camping trip at that time, and then later that day or morning of June 5, the boy returned from the camping trip.

I'm just not seeing any conflict.

I dont think itr matters if the reporter spoke to her friday OR saturday- she stated "he is on a weekend camping trip with his father thru the BSA, and it will be difficult to tell him when he returns"

He was already there at the Korman Pdx residence on Saturday. Carol Moulton does seem to be confused on many issues, I'll grant that. I sincerely doubt the reporter talked to her on Friday- he had only been missing a few hours at that time, and news did not really break here until Saturday AM/afternoon.
MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deborah_Swell
Back