2010.07.06 Hank Jr.(Tommy) TRAFFICKING SENTENCING HEARING CONTINUED 08/06/2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not the best at reading/deciphering what the info on the dockets mean but it appears to me as though the Notice of Hearing for the 7/6 appearance was returned (attempt to deliver Notice to TC in Putnam while he was still in St Johns?) and I do not see a subsequent notation that second attempt to deliver the Notice was done. If TC did not receive the Notice it could be why today's hearing was continued. However, if that is the case, there could be a similar issue with Misty's August court date because IIRC, I saw the same notation (returned, not in our jail) in her docket info. With inmates housed elsewhere but the issues before the court being Putnam cases, maybe the clerk just issues the Notices for delivery to Putnam jail, not thinking to check where each inmate is housed? Just a thought, as I really am not sure about any of this.

BBM

Not only does it sadden me, it makes me sick to see that murderers don't have more compassion for little children. Tommy is in this up to his eyeballs, and he had/has no compassion for little Haleigh
Hi 4Jacy,

I was concerned that readers here would think what you are possibly thinking ~ that because I believe we need to be compassionate regarding Tommy's situation that this somehow negates having compassion for victims such as precious HaLeigh.

Of course, WHOEVER hurt Haleigh should have had compassion for her. I think that is just a given. What is not a given is that...

"Tommy is in this up to his eyeballs, and he had/has no compassion for little Haleigh." (4Jacy's words in quotes). Nor is a given, to me, that compassion is reserved for only those we feel deserve it.

I "feel" your passion here and I get it. I, myself believe that Ron Cummings is the perpetrator in the crime against HaLeigh, though I would never state this as fact, nor do I want it to be true. To me, everything we've been exposed to, including all this speculation regarding the Croslin family, continues to point directly at him.

That said, I would be saying the same thing if I was hearing that Ron was being attacked in jail, that LE was playing games with his well-being and life. I do NOT believe, nor condone, that, just because another human being has done despicable things (whether proven or just suspected) that we (society, individuals) should behave in less than humane ways towards them.

As for HaLeigh's case, and Tommy Croslin, in particular, he has not been charged with anything regarding her disappearance. If he is charged and prosecuted as being involved, of course I will feel so angry and sad, but that doesn't translate into thinking that I, or anyone else, has the right to hurt him.

These are all my thoughts and opinions on this. Thanks for taking the time to read them.

This is my very strong opinion and it saddens me to see that we are not a more advanced and compassionate society.

My compassion is for the child who disappeared in the middle of the night, never to be seen again.

To place this young man in the general population of his hometown jail is plain wicked.

Imagine that! What are they thinking? :rolleyes:

Anglewhocares posted this on another thread in June.

Misty, Tommy Croslin in Putnam Court for Pre-Trial Drug Hearing
June 3, 2010
<snipped>
Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr. and Misty Croslin were in court this morning in Putnam County for a pretrial hearing on drug charges.

At the pretrial hearing, Hank Croslin pleaded no contest to one count of possession, a third degree felony; and one count of trafficking in hydrocodone, a first degree felony. His next court date is July 6. His sentencing date has not been set.

Also, this morning, Misty Croslin's trial was planned for Aug. 23 and her next pre-trial hearing for Aug. 10. Aug. 16 is the last day for Croslin to work out a plea agreement.

Article:
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/l...156924&catid=3
How I'm interpreting this is sense he has already plead, there was no need for today's court date. & since sentencing him is all that's left to do, & this form says the sentencing date has not been set, then maybe that's what he is waiting for. Maybe there has to be an actual sentencing date on record, before they can proceed.

To aksleuth,

I respect you and your right to your beliefs and opinions. I also enjoy most of your posts. We are all on touchy, emotional ground here, and in no way do I want some type of conflict. In this case, it would be appreciated if you would quote my post that you responded to in it's entirety, so that it is not misconstrued, so that it can be understood within the entire context of what I was trying to express in that post. Obviously some people will disagree, but it needs to be based on the entirety of the thought.

To only respond to this part doesn't even begin to touch on the subject of what Werter has stated in court documents is happening to Tommy Croslin in the Putnam County Jail:

"To place this young man in the general population of his hometown jail is plain wicked."(seeking truth).

The post to which you responded to said this:

"Originally Posted by seeking truth View Post
With all the publicity this case has gotten, the fact that these claims are being made by Tommy, through his attorney, do not surprise me.

I believe the claims, I believe that Tommy is frightened for his life. There are cruel and sadistic people, both in and out of law enforcement. To place this young man in the general population of his hometown jail is plain wicked.

This is my very strong opinion and it saddens me to see that we are not a more advanced and compassionate society."

My compassionate is for the child who disappeared in the middle of the night, never to be seen again.

Imagine that! What are they thinking? :rolleyes:

Thanks, and I hope we can continue posting together, despite our differences.

seeking

I'm a republican. Imagine that I could care about civil rights! I don't care about the rights of criminals over the rights of victims. I'm talking about convicted criminals. I'm talking about people that have been identified by their victims. I think we need both sides of the story in order to come up with a clearer picture of what LE has against Tommy. We've heard redacted tapes. We know Lindsy filed for divorce, but is it because LE threatened her with her children, again? I want the whole story to come out before I'm ready to join the mob that wants to hang Tommy.

Originally Posted by aksleuth
My compassionate is for the child who disappeared in the middle of the night, never to be seen again.

Why would you think that we don't have compassion for Haleigh just because we don't think Tommy is guilty of murder or helping to dispose of her body. Maybe, just maybe we want the real perp to pay for whatever happened to her. Some of us need real evidence to support the "Tommy did it" theory. If he did it, put him in jail for the rest of his life, and do what you want to with him. Or better yet, give him the death penalty. I came to this forum because I cared so much about this sweet little girl, and I wanted to see justice for her. When I hear others insinuating that I don't have compassion for Haleigh because I don't go along with the persecution of what could be an innocent person, it makes me sad. So sad, that I will be leaving this site. When and if the real evidence is uncovered, and this case is solved, I might venture back. I've waited one and a half years to see justice, and I don't think it's any closer than it was on in February of 2009.

I'm just glad Tommy didn't break into my house to steal and burglarize it... that is something that I wouldn't be able to get over easily. I'm glad he's behind bars. Tommy's a huge liar-I'm not ready to jump on the hang LE wagon.

I'm not wanting to hang anybody, but Tommy's own words & actions are causing him to hang himself...& that's why I'm just flabergasted.

Originally Posted by aksleuth

Why would you think that we don't have compassion for Haleigh just because we don't think Tommy is guilty of murder or helping to dispose of her body. Maybe, just maybe we want the real perp to pay for whatever happened to her. Some of us need real evidence to support the "Tommy did it" theory. If he did it, put him in jail for the rest of his life, and do what you want to with him. Or better yet, give him the death penalty. I came to this forum because I cared so much about this sweet little girl, and I wanted to see justice for her. When I hear others insinuating that I don't have compassion for Haleigh because I don't go along with the persecution of what could be an innocent person, it makes me sad. So sad, that I will be leaving this site. When and if the real evidence is uncovered, and this case is solved, I might venture back. I've waited one and a half years to see justice, and I don't think it's any closer than it was on in February of 2009.
Dear Maryann,

You will be missed. Maybe just some time to step back will be enough to reconsider leaving.

Sincerely,

seeking

I make no bones about not liking criminals. Tommy may not be the worst of them (unless he was a part of Haleigh's disappearance), BUT he is not being straight about the disappearance of a small, beautiful, innocent child. That is JMO. I cannot see Tommy as a child murderer, but he knows exactly what happened in my opinion.

AND, I do not want my home broken into by anyone. I know - innocent until and if proven guilty. But hold onto your socks - Tommy will be convicted and will do time, IMO. If you want to do a crime, then be sure you are ready to face the consequences if/when you are caught. His court date will be soon. Prison will be a whole lot worse and harder than a county or parish jail.

These mean, lawless LE and jail officers have a hard job. Just look what they have to work with.

Tommy had a beautiul little family and threw them away with both hands. He deserves whatever he gets.

ETA: I think Ronald and Misty and others are responsible for what happened to Haleigh. I would like to know who else was involved and for ALL of them to pay for it. I want Haleigh to have FULL justice.

JMO

I would hope, with this filing by Tommy's attorney, that Tommy is being protected. This is just wrong, hoping that he will be left to the lawlessness of guards and inmates.

My opinion.

BBM:

Can you really say that the guards/officers are lawless? I take exception to that statement. And yes, I agree that inmates are lawless - that is why they are there. Tommy only has himself to blame for his being in jail, IMO.

MOO

BBM:

Can you really say that the guards/officers are lawless? I take exception to that statement. And yes, I agree that inmates are lawless - that is why they are there. Tommy only has himself to blame for his being in jail, IMO.

MOO

Great point :) I can bet that many inmates are having a hard time dealing with the heat etc as I am and we hit 102 today. If Tommy wants to cool down--well, there is the truth even if he would eventually fry. LE wants to know and will keep him comfy if he cooperates. What a mucking fess.:banghead::banghead:

My brother was a correctional officer for many years and he's a great guy! Definitely not lawless! :eek:

I would hope, with this filing by Tommy's attorney, that Tommy is being protected. This is just wrong, hoping that he will be left to the lawlessness of guards and inmates.

My opinion.

I hope the above concern was said in jest. :eek:

One correction to make and I don't remember who posted it, but Satsuma is not Tommy's actual hometown. They moved there from somewhere in Michigan.

I don't agree that anyone should have their civil rights tramped on or violated. I agree that I don't want my home broken into by someone looking to steal something more precious from me than any material item. My peace of mind and my feeling of being safe and secure in my home.

But again, I don't believe that this gives anyone in LE the right to violate someone's civil rights and the protection that they are afforded under the Bill of Rights and the Constitution.

I too sometimes get upset that criminals get more rights than those they violate - but I am hearing this from someone who has told so many stories, lied, stolen, put himself and his addictions before his family - and that's just what we know of. He even remarked to his brother he had done many things before that LE ignored and only arreted him because of Haleigh... LE and correction officers know the law and any inactions taken by them could result in a very nasty person walking free. Tommy, IMO, is scared and grasping at straws. It is ironic to me that offenders are the first to discuss rights when they are where they are because of what they did. I don't think he has accepted the fact that the law, LE, correction officers, and jail are a result of his actions. The drugs, thefts, and his lies means he has to answer for those. If he had anything to do with Haleigh we don't have proof of yet, and mistreating him will not get that proof, LE knows that. He is not smarter than they are. He is locked up, they are not. This bunch just keep draining Florida.

My brother was a correctional officer for many years and he's a great guy! Definitely not lawless! :eek:
My brother-in-law was a prison gaurd, & although he's a hard person, there's nothing lawless about him. unless you count that he was breaking a rule by preaching to the inmates. He's also a Baptist minister & couldn't pass up the opportunity to try to save souls. Guards in real life aren't like the sadistic monsters, portrayed in a lot movies. Mainly, they just try to prevent violence. & it's interesting to note, that he & the other gaurds were often attacked, but unless it was severe, they let it slide. My bro-in-law, had his arms forcibly pulled through some kind of small wooden window thing, & was overpowered, until back up arrived. A report was written, but no punishment meted out, because the warden, etc...don't want to see those guys in constant trouble. They're criminals, being punished, but they're not treated like animals.

BBM:

MOO
This is not personal; not to you, not to anyone posting here. We are discussing the fact that Werter filed with the court, alleging mistreatment by LE and inmates towards Tommy Croslin.

I take exception to people in power (especially those in a jail/prison environment) MISUSING their power; especially if it is in a lawless and sadistic way.

Obviously, we don't know what has gone on, only what Tommy's lawyer has filed on his behalf.

My posts are reflections of my belief that, IF this is happening to Tommy (or anyone in custody) it is WRONG.

I am really surprised that there would be any question or confusion regarding caring for other human beings, despite their flaws. Caring deeply for victims can (and does) go hand-in-hand with caring for all human beings.

This is my OPINION.

i too sometimes get upset that criminals get more rights than those they violate - but i am hearing this from someone who has told so many stories, lied, stolen, put himself and his addictions before his family - and that's just what we know of. He even remarked to his brother he had done many things before that le ignored and only arreted him because of haleigh... Le and correction officers know the law and any inactions taken by them could result in a very nasty person walking free. Tommy, imo, is scared and grasping at straws. It is ironic to me that offenders are the first to discuss rights when they are where they are because of what they did. I don't think he has accepted the fact that the law, le, correction officers, and jail are a result of his actions. The drugs, thefts, and his lies means he has to answer for those. If he had anything to do with haleigh we don't have proof of yet, and mistreating him will not get that proof, le knows that. He is not smarter than they are. He is locked up, they are not. This bunch just keep draining florida.

ita 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member